Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831100 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geetaybeks: 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
infosoftlife:

Bridal Train?
My daughter is 4 and she is to be little bride. I have three other kids who won't be going with me

I am just hearing about Risevest. Can they provide a statement of account for you that is verifiable?
Yes they can. You can check them out. They invest in US Stocks, properties and eurobonds. It converts money to dollars and uses that equivalent to invest so it hedges your money against the fall of naira. Is Risevest a Microfinance bank?

How old is your daughter? 4

Are you married?
Yes I am
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lilfreezy: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2022
What does NSF mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
Geetaybeks:
Yes I am

If all the money you mentioned earlier is on Risevest, ask them for a financial statement and statement of account from your salary account. Pay slips, the estate CofO if it's in your name.
You need documents to show ties to Nigeria and written consent from your husband approving your daughter to embark on this trip if he is not traveling with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geetaybeks: 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
[quote author=infosoftlife post=118395701]

The estate account is in my parent's name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by asknaija: 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
Finally received the passport with the VISA after over 3 months. Now looking for cheap ticket in December, cants seem to find, might move to January .

Delay was probably from the VAC in Abuja..

Has anyone been lucky with BTA lately ? Which bank did you get from ?

Please dont quote me, as the bot on this site could ban you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by braveheart77: 7:06am On Nov 15, 2022
Urgent Question please;

On the checklist I expected to see things like; /
offer letter, IELTS/ECTTIS, COS/Work permit, etc

But I am seeing only these things below and I don’t have any of them.

Is it possible to not tick anything in this checklist? I believe these items on checklist are not mandatory right? I’m on a work visa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 10:45am On Nov 15, 2022
lilfreezy:
What does NSF mean?

Non-straight foward
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
Kindly help look into this refusal. Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Airfay: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hello house, my UK Visit application has now been transferred to VAC and I haven’t received any refusal email yet. Is this a good sign? I’m really anxious ���
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
Airfay:
Hello house, my UK Visit application has now been transferred to VAC and I haven’t received any refusal email yet. Is this a good sign? I’m really anxious ���

Check spam if nothing is there... Go and buy travelling box that can carry 23kg in 2 places... Share all documents submitted in advance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2022
ijeshaoflondon:

The ECO get small witchcraft.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Airfay: 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
askari01:

Check spam if nothing is there... Go and buy travelling box that can carry 23kg in 2 places... Share all documents submitted in advance.

I have checked spam ohh..nothing is there. Fingers crossed. I submitted the following documents.

1. Employment contract for two jobs (I have a full time job and a part time job)
2. My 6- month bank statement (the balance was about 2.6m)
3. Letter of introduction from two employers (my part time and full time)
4. 6 months pay slips
5. Revised salary letter
6. Pictures of I and my brother (he is sponsoring part of my trip)
7. Letter of invitation from my brother
8. My brother’s BRP, council tax and 3-month bank statement.
9. Property document (I submitted the deed of gift and survey plan)- the property is owned my me and my siblings. I submitted it to prove ties and relationship with my brother.
10. Pictures of me, my mum and grandmother (to prove ties)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nickibeauty(f): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chigirl45: 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2022
Good day beautiful people.

If one is applying for a UK visa and the husband is to sponsor the trip, does she still need to include her own bank statement or just her husbands? (Note: they are travelling together)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Finelolo: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2022
It is not necessary to add yours except where it is stated that you are working.Nybown opinion though .When we applied I did not include mine.post=118412163]Good day beautiful people.

If one is applying for a UK visa and the husband is to sponsor the trip, does she still need to include her own bank statement or just her husbands? (Note: they are travelling together)[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2022
ijeshaoflondon:
The opening balance and/or the other inflows aside the usual salary wasn't explained by the applicant. And the outflow too is not of same range as stated on the application. Your disposable income is 1.8m for 6months after monthly expenditure as stated. So having 3m is showing either the opening balance wasn't explained or the applicant is receiving other income that wasn't explained.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2022
ijeshaoflondon:

Sorry about this.

That is why I propose having a separate account strictly for traveling.
Another account for expenses, then leave the salary account with fewer transactions to these accounts. In the end, ECO are humans, and they are error-prone.

If the trip is very important, you can reapply and give a detailed account for transactions above your monthly income/expenses on your cover letter.

PS Don't give everyone access to transfer funds to the traveling/salary account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Airfay: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2022
Airfay:

I have checked spam ohh..nothing is there. Fingers crossed. I submitted the following documents.

1. Employment contract for two jobs (I have a full time job and a part time job)
2. My 6- month bank statement (the balance was about 2.6m)
3. Letter of introduction from two employers (my part time and full time)
4. 6 months pay slips
5. Revised salary letter
6. Pictures of I and my brother (he is sponsoring part of my trip)
7. Letter of invitation from my brother
8. My brother’s BRP, council tax and 3-month bank statement.
9. Property document (I submitted the deed of gift and survey plan)- the property is owned my me and my siblings. I submitted it to prove ties and relationship with my brother.
10. Pictures of me, my mum and grandmother (to prove ties)
Collection mail just dropped no refusal email yet

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Airfay: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2022
askari01:

Collection mail just dropped. No refusal email yet.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 3:57pm On Nov 15, 2022
"The earliest you can apply is usually:

3 months before your planned travel date for visit visas"

This is from gov.uk.com

Please does UKVI strictly keep to this 3months wait period before visa application?

I plan to travel to UK ending April 2023, can I apply now or must i wait till ending January 2023 before i apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by YankeeJJC(m): 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2022
azknaija:
Finally received the passport with the VISA after over 3 months. Now looking for cheap ticket in December, cants seem to find, might move to January .

Delay was probably from the VAC in Abuja..

Has anyone been lucky with BTA lately ? Which bank did you get from ?

Please dont quote me, as the bot on this site could ban you.
How many escalations did it? What was their response or apology before the collection mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2022
dirolad:
The opening balance and/or the other inflows aside the usual salary wasn't explained by the applicant. And the outflow too is not of same range as stated on the application. Your disposable income is 1.8m for 6months after monthly expenditure as stated. So having 3m is showing either the opening balance wasn't explained or the applicant is receiving other income that wasn't explained.

All that enters the account is just the salary and have been working with the company since 2019... Why do i need to explain an opening balance of 6months statement? I have never made a mistake of given the account to anyone... its basically for salary. The only thing is that i withdraw funds from the account regularly... in 100k n 200k cos i have an ongoing project that requires me paying the laborers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2022
advanceDNA:

The ECO get small witchcraft.....

Serious one bruv
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2022
ExcelIBK:
This guys are not serious. Was the closing balance a quick credit, or have you been accruing it over time. It might have been rejected because a lump sum credit came into the account.

I dont do lumpsum in my salary account... Its was acrued overtime . If there is lumpsum it would have been stated in the letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2022
ijeshaoflondon:

All that enters the account is just the salary and have been working with the company since 2019... Why do i need to explain an opening balance of 6months statement? I have never made a mistake of given the account to anyone... its basically for salary. The only thing is that i withdraw funds from the account regularly... in 100k n 200k cos i have an ongoing project that requires me paying the laborers.

The 100k and 200k you are withdrawing is probably what marred your application with a giant bullseye. The 90k you put there is therefore a lie.

The eco does not know you have an ongoing project that requires you paying labourers, so don't bring that up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2022
ijeshaoflondon:

Did you submit employment letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2022
ijeshaoflondon:

you felt why do you need to explain but became a reason for refusal, previous payslips overtime and a cover note would have solved it. The reason you need to explain everything is due to any area of concern the ECO might pick, it helps both parties understand each other. Some ECO skips some issues while some capitalize on it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thegamingorca:

Did you submit employment letter?

Yup.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2022
Thegamingorca:

The 100k and 200k you are withdrawing is probably what marred your application with a giant bullseye. The 90k you put there is therefore a lie.

The eco does not know you have an ongoing project that requires you paying labourers, so don't bring that up

Lie How? I dont understand why I'd have to lie .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shygunXs(m): 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of applying for a UK Visa for my mum now. I want to sponsor her; I have shown funds of around N1.1m for 6 months in my account and also have a dollar account showing like $3k. Turnover in the accounts are good for the 6 months.

She is retired and only source of income is allowance I give to her. While filling the application form, I saw somewhere where they asked how much she will personally spend towards her vacation. Bearing in mind that I am providing the total sponsorship, must she personally declare funds? She isn't really earning any salaries at this time, and her Pension payment has not started coming in.

Let me also state that the amount that I send to her as allowance from time immemorial is shown monthly in my statement.

I'd appreciate any advise.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.