Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (835477 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tboy243:
Good afternoon bosses in the house.

I haven't been in the best of moods lately as I got a refusal mail for my Student's Visa, from UKVI yesterday, 64 days after biometrics. Even though I have accepted my fate and trying to move on, I still feel cheated by UKVI.

I'd appreciate your words of support and advice on the way forward.... kindly find screenshot of decision letter.

I don't know if it is a good news or not, but the refusal allows for administrative review. The reason I am not sure it's a good news is that deadline for enrollment stated on CAS is February 13th (Monday).

I would appreciate your advise. Would opting for administrative review yield favourable results considering that deadline stated on CAS is this Monday, can UKVI still find a way around this to favour me or should I seek to defer my admission till next available intake for my course and reapply for my VISA?..

My financial institution claims they haven't gotten any correspondence from UKVI and they don't understand why they are claiming so. So, who con dey lie?

Would that not mean I'm letting go too easily of which I would have to still start the processes all over again except for IHS that would be refunded?

Kindly advise me gurus in the house. God bless you as you do.

Is it a regular bank or one of those unreliable micro finance companies, because they claimed that they found it difficult to contact the bank

“To confirm your bank statement, they are unable to get through to your bank”.

You can try your luck through administrative review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tboy243: 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
It's a well known Investment financial institution, not actually a regular bank and not a microfinance bank either. A lot of friends and relations that I know have enjoyed their services successfully. I would prefer not to mention the name of the company for privacy reasons.
Ashirioluwa:

Is it a regular bank or one of those unreliable micro finance companies, because they claimed that they found it difficult to contact the bank

“To confirm your bank statement, they are unable to get through to your bank”.

You can try your luck through administrative review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tboy243: 6:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
It wasn't a microfinance bank I used. It's really not clear to me as they claim UKVI didn't send theme any mail. Could UKVI have lied?... Why did they wait till this period 64 days after Biometrics, before sending a refusal knowing fully well that Monday is the deadline stated on CAS. I don't know if someone understands my argument. It's puzzling.
giselle237:
if u go for admin review u cant meet up with February deadline.. even if u reapply with priority u cnt meet up with a feb 13 deadline. This problem looks like u used microfinance bank and that’s a big issue on its own as 10 out of 10 times they are unreachable. Sorry about the situation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tboy243: 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thank you very much for your response. Do you mean I should opt for administrative review or what?... It's not a microfinance bank it's an investment Institution.
SarahKrm2:
Personally I would complain to UKVI if you are absolutely sure they did not contact your bank,
may I ask if your bank is a Microfinance bank?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tboy243:
Thank you very much for your response. Do you mean I should opt for administrative review or what?... It's not a microfinance bank it's an investment Institution.
If you can continue receiving lectures pending the time you get your visa sorted through AR with the school knowledge, fine. Or beta still, lobby for extension or request new CAS for the next entry period. Better still, request for the bank and the school to contact the UKVI on your behalf just like this link below. It took less than a week.
https://www.nairaland.com/6954875/uk-student-visa-tier-4/951#114980594
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tboy243:
It wasn't a microfinance bank I used. It's really not clear to me as they claim UKVI didn't send theme any mail. Could UKVI have lied?... Why did they wait till this period 64 days after Biometrics, before sending a refusal knowing fully well that Monday is the deadline stated on CAS. I don't know if someone understands my argument. It's puzzling.

D two sentences d ECO make be say:

1) e be like say d money no Dey your aza for d complete 28 days dem want.

2) say dem no fit kontrol ur azaman, and even wen dem drop signal, say ur azaman no gree echo.

UKVI no lie say dem put calls to ur azaman, Na ur azaman switch off him capa. E be like say ur azaman Na ripper o😂

No vex, as nobody go wan gree to collect blame as e Don happen like dis

E always Dey advisable make applicants (students) Dey keep d money for their own aza for d 28 days or one month

Best advice: defer your admission to the next academic session and reapply then.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tboy243: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thanks baba.. I feel you... But UKVI sef no sincere... Them no suppose wait till now before stating they couldn't reach out to my azaman. It was a calculated doing. Dem con even put am sey I fit apply for administrative review. God pass them shaa.
Mrmoney90:

D two sentences d ECO make be say:

1) e be like say d money no Dey your aza for d complete 28 days dem want.

2) say dem no fit kontrol ur azaman, and even wen dem drop signal, say ur azaman no gree echo.

UKVI no lie say dem put calls to ur azaman, Na ur azaman switch off him capa. E be like say ur azaman Na ripper o😂

No vex, as nobody go wan gree to collect blame as e Don happen like dis

E always Dey advisable make applicants (students) Dey keep d money for their own aza for d 28 days or one month

Best advice: defer your admission to the next academic session and reapply then.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tboy243:
Thanks baba.. I feel you... But UKVI sef no sincere... Them no suppose wait till now before stating they couldn't reach out to my azaman. It was a calculated doing. Dem con even put am sey I fit apply for administrative review. God pass them shaa.
the time wasted was used by them to exhaust all possible means to reach this institution.. please next time make use of the mainstream banks.. hardly will you hear they are unreachable
Ukvi mentions on gov.uk that they must be able to reach your financial institution, if they can’t then do not use such an investment or whatever place. All this could have been avoided. Pick urself up and make ur next move. Pele.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tboy243:

I grab. Na d doings be dat. Just push ur movement go front and try again. Everywhere go Casablanca for you. God pass everybody

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tboy243: 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thank you. We surely move! But I don't think there was anything wrong with my decision of financial institution also, this can happen to anyone I read on the Student's Visa thread when someone complained of this same issue last year using Ecobank. I have moved on actually, It's just normal for me to be sure of what exactly went wrong.
giselle237:
the time wasted was used by them to exhaust all possible means to reach this institution.. please next time make use of the mainstream banks.. hardly will you hear they are unreachable
Ukvi mentions on gov.uk that they must be able to reach your financial institution, if they can’t then do not use such an investment or whatever place. All this could have been avoided. Pick urself up and make ur next move
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
giselle237:
Ukvi mentions on gov.uk that they must be able to reach your financial institution, if they can’t then do not use such an investment or whatever place. All this could have been avoided. Pick urself up and make ur next move

Correct yarn 👍🏾
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
Tboy243:
Thank you. We surely move! But I don't think there was anything wrong with my decision of financial institution also, this can happen to anyone I read on the Student's Visa thread when someone complained of this same issue last year using Ecobank. I have moved on actually, It's just normal for me to be sure of what exactly went wrong.
been unable to reach the institution is grounds for possible refusal.. this is what happened in your case… onto the next..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tboy243: 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
Thank you very much for your contribution. Unfortunately, the school doesn't operate online classes which makes it very tight. I have gone through the link and will try to follow some suggestions therein. Thanks again for your concern.
dirolad:
If you can continue receiving lectures pending the time you get your visa sorted through AR with the school knowledge, fine. Or beta still, lobby for extension or request new CAS for the next entry period. Better still, request for the bank and the school to contact the UKVI on your behalf just like this link below. It took less than a week.
https://www.nairaland.com/6954875/uk-student-visa-tier-4/951#114980594
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikylon(m): 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Visa don show ooo
Did biometric on 23rd January for visit visa with my family of 5.
I was surprised when i received a mail from TLS that our passport was ready for pick up on 7th of feb. and we were all granted.
No travel history for my wife and kids but i had been to UK before.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
mikylon:
Visa don show ooo
I was surprised when i received a mail from TLS that our passport was ready for pick up on 7th of feb. and we were all granted.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadeMan01(m): 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
mikylon:
Visa don show ooo

Congratulations!
Me too just got a mail that my passport is ready for collection today. I will be there at TLS next week for pick up. What am I to expect? Apart from what was stated in the email,

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 3:13am On Feb 11, 2023
MadeMan01:

Congratulations!
Me too just got a mail that my passport is ready for collection today. I will be there at TLS next week for pick up. What am I to expect? Apart from what was stated in the email,

Congratulations in advance.

What’s your timeline?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadeMan01(m): 6:29am On Feb 11, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Congratulations in advance.

What’s your timeline?
Thank you
I applied with Mom on January 24 for six month standard visa.
Biometric done on February 2.
Received email for passport collection February 10 for both of us. Mom is a regular traveller.this is my first
Does TLS Contact Ikeja open on Saturday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ezegold4we: 6:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Pls honourables in the house, how can one track his or her Visa application to know when it has left DMC to VAC ??

Does it mean that any visa application that gets to VAC is 100% Visa guaranteed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 11, 2023
dirolad:
please apply from the U.K. make sure you're working and your trip is self sponsored, and you have spent tangible months in the U.K already as a student.
Incorrect a student in the Uk does not have to be working to get a US visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 10:00am On Feb 11, 2023
Good morning gurus, I need your help please. My mum has been refused twice for tourism, first reason was because the money she mentioned she would be spending during visit was about 80 percent of her annual salary. A silly mistake and a misunderstanding . Then we applied the second time again increasing the annual salary and reducing amount to be spend for trip of course she was refused again. I would be attaching both refusals below. Now she’d like to apply for the third time and I’ll be adding an itinerary, spreadsheet explaining her annual income and receipts as well and also another cover letter. What else can we add as I don’t want to miss anything this time.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Ayomidelabaeka5:
Good morning gurus, I need your help please. My mum has been refused twice for tourism, first reason was because the money she mentioned she would be spending during visit was about 80 percent of her annual salary. A silly mistake and a misunderstanding . Then we applied the second time again increasing the annual salary and reducing amount to be spend for trip of course she was refused again. I would be attaching both refusals below. Now she’d like to apply for the third time and I’ll be adding an itinerary, spreadsheet explaining her annual income and receipts as well and also another cover letter. What else can we add as I don’t want to miss anything this time.

Omo, make Una no Dey complicate things for Una selves. First she apply as employed with an annual earning of 5 million. Barely few months later, she applied as self-employed with annual earning of 15 million. Make Una try stay one place. Reapplying again will be tantamount to refusal.

You guys need to chill for sometime before thinking of reapplying again.

How much was she paying herself monthly from her business? A business earning and making profit should be able to remit salary. I believe that part was missing.

Again no proper research done about the place you plan to visit, which is not a major tourist location for a first time traveler. Owing to the fact that she has never embarked on any foreign travels before.

Lastly funds in her account that did not connect to what she stated in her application. Probably since she stated employed and self employed, nothing to show that situation is as she stated

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Ayomidelabaeka5:
what’s the reason for travel? Who will sponsor? What does she actually do for a living? Pls if u recently applied less than a year ago, give it some time as the ECO complained about how u changed the annual salary in a flash. If she will still be sponsoring herself, pls give it some time as if u change this annual salary or deviate again without letting one year pass u will be hooked. U can’t be changing annual income as pleased and also she did not make any research about the travel she intends to make.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:53am On Feb 11, 2023
MadeMan01:

Thank you
I applied with Mom on January 24 for six month standard visa.
Biometric done on February 2.
Received email for passport collection February 10 for both of us. Mom is a regular traveller.this is my first
Does TLS Contact Ikeja open on Saturday?

Nope, open Monday - Friday

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mrmoney90:

Omo, make Una no Dey complicate things for Una selves. First she apply as employed with an annual earning of 5 million. Barely few months later, she applied as self-employed with annual earning of 15 million. Make Una try stay one place. Reapplying again will be tantamount to refusal.

You guys need to chill for sometime before thinking of reapplying again.

How much was she paying herself monthly from her business? A business earning and making profit should be able to remit salary. I believe that part was missing.

Again no proper research done about the place you plan to visit, which is not a major tourist location for a first time traveler. Owing to the fact that she has never embarked on any foreign travels before.

Lastly funds in her account that did not connect to what she stated in her application. Probably since she stated employed and self employed, nothing to show that situation is as she stated

Hello, my mum is self employed and works in a sawmill, she has two Bedford trucks and workers and she makes about 15m annually and she uses her personal account. We never applied as employed and both application her business documents were submitted! We provided her tax documents, receipts, registered business documents, sawmill bills, trucks documents and all that. She chose Birmingham cos we heard it’s cheaper. First time the application was made, the question about how much she makes annually was misunderstood as profit she makes from her job. Then second application we realised they actually meant how much does she earn from the job in total but what I failed to do was address it in the cover letter. We provided bank statement showing transactions from different customers with descriptions and also receipt to back it up. My mum uses her personal account for business so her customers and clients pay into her account when making purchase. It’s hard to determine how much she makes annually as each year is different. By the way to avoid other mistake, is her annual income the profit she makes or how much in total she gets from customers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2023
giselle237:
what’s the reason for travel? Who will sponsor? What does she actually do for a living? Pls if u recently applied less than a year ago, give it some time as the ECO complained about how u changed the annual salary in a flash. If she will still be sponsoring herself, pls give it some time as if u change this annual salary or deviate again without letting one year pass u will be hooked. U can’t be changing annual income as pleased and also she did not make any research about the travel she intends to make.

Hello, my mum is sponsoring herself, and reason for travel is vacation make she self travel once after hard work. My mum is a timber contractor and her business is registered and she also pays tax. My mum actually makes about 10-15m in a year, it’s a business that changes with season and so many other circumstances so each annual earning will be different m. First application was a mistake and was my first time doing it hence silly mistakes were made, I wish I seeked help then but I was scared of these deceptive agents. I don’t know what else the eco wants as we provided every documents pertaining to her job and her bank statement showing multiple business transactions from customers with receipts and invoices for 6 months. Last refusal was in November and she intends trying again September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:54pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ayomidelabaeka5:

Hello, my mum is self employed and works in a sawmill, she has two Bedford trucks and workers and she makes about 15m annually and she uses her personal account. We never applied as employed and both application her business documents were submitted! We provided her tax documents, receipts, registered business documents, sawmill bills, trucks documents and all that. She chose Birmingham cos we heard it’s cheaper. First time the application was made, the question about how much she makes annually was misunderstood as profit she makes from her job. Then second application we realised they actually meant how much does she earn from the job in total but what I failed to do was address it in the cover letter. We provided bank statement showing transactions from different customers with descriptions and also receipt to back it up. My mum uses her personal account for business so her customers and clients pay into her account when making purchase. It’s hard to determine how much she makes annually as each year is different. By the way to avoid other mistake, is her annual income the profit she makes or how much in total she gets from customers.

Ok I get you now. You see, the mistake you guys made was reapplying again without letting the whole thing cool off after the first refusal.

Well, I admit the fact that I probably didn’t see self employed in the first refusal. I guess it must’ve been typing error from the ECO.

How much she makes annually is how much money she rakes in per year, which of course includes profits.

One problem with using your personal account for business is that transactions in the account cannot be understood easily. You know they also ask how much she earns per month, they would like to see that. Since her business is already registered with the CAC, why not get her a business account? So the money from her business can be going in there? From there she can be paying herself monthly from her business. That way, her finances will be straightforward.

Just work on the afore stated and Kindly give it some time before reapplying again.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ayomidelabaeka5: 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
Mrmoney90:

Ok I get you now. You see, the mistake you guys made was reapplying again without letting the whole thing cool off after the first refusal.

Well, I admit the fact that I probably didn’t see self employed in the first refusal. I guess it must’ve been typing error from the ECO.

How much she makes annually is how much money she rakes in per year, which of course includes profits.

One problem with using your personal account for business is that transactions in the account cannot be understood easily. You know they also ask how much she earns per month, they would like to see that. Since her business is already registered with the CAC, why not get her a business account? So the money from her business can be going in there? From there she can be paying herself monthly from her business. That way, her finances will be straightforward.

Just work on the afore stated and Kindly give it some time before reapplying again.

Good luck

Thank you so much, we would open a business account to make it easier.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damselhoney(f): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
Please who knows the earliest date for biometrics for visitors visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ignis: 12:33am On Feb 12, 2023
Please I am a student in UK currently on Tier 4 Visa. If I have my COS and want to switch to skilled work Visa.
What requirements will I need to apply including cost?
Will I require IELTS?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DMainMan: 2:31am On Feb 12, 2023
ignis:
Please I am a student in UK currently on Tier 4 Visa. If I have my COS and want to switch to skilled work Visa.
What requirements will I need to apply including cost?
Will I require IELTS?

Thanks.

Hi Ignis. Glad you are in the UK. I recall all those days on Nairaland.

For general information and requirements about Skilled Worker Visa
: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa

Costs depend on whether you are in UK, outside UK or your job is on the shortage list: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/how-much-it-costs

For English test:
You don't need any English test since you had already demonstrated proof of English in your Student visa application. The visa application will inquire if you had previously provided evidence of English proficiency in a previous visa application. You will be asked;

Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?
Select Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m), akintola213, AyodejiGREAT and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.