Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831548 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Restaurant92: 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
giselle237:
hello . its not a spousal application I can infer. This is a dependent visa application as your spouse is not a British citizen. A written consent is fine. No need for notary or all those things

Yes, not a spousal visa. But standard visit visa. The spouse is not a British citizen. The only connection is just that the account is a joint account.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Daniel2802(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
Good day everyone, I just applied yesterday for the UK Visitor visa (paid for Priority Service). I intend to stay for a month in the UK. The purpose of the trip is to visit a friend and also tour the country (there a couple of places I've always wanted to visit since I was a child). I have appointment on the 20th at Abuja.

These are the documents I have uploaded so far to TLS.
Passport Data Page
Account Statement (I have a closing balance of 2.7m, however I get paid through crypto via Binance and I am thinking of attaching my Binance deposit document)
Letter of invitation (from my friend which explains where she works and our relationship with her brp attached)
Employer Letter (I work with an international company while resident in Nigeria and I strongly helpout for their Africa outreach initiative)
Family Pictures
Family Company Registration (I am a stakeholder in my father's company)
Personal Statement (expressing my purpose of travel which I stated above, it explains my role in my father's company and also the other company I work with, I am also a core team member for a tech community in Nigeria and it requires me being physically present most times)
Hotel booking (booked a week in the city my friend stays, in the visa filling I already mentioned I'll be in her city for 1 week then I'll sleep at budget-friendly hotels in the city I tour)

So my fear is since I get paid in crypto, the inflows in my normal bank account is based on how much I sell from p2p. However in my 3 months account statement, there has been a consistent inflow of big sum, which has been increasing monthly. I also freelance and work on gigs which I get paid in crpto majorly due to the ease of receiving money through it.

This is my first time applying for visa and I am a first time traveller. Is there anything else I need to do? Also do I need to book a return flight or it doesn't really affect the decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2023
Daniel2802:
Good day everyone, I just applied yesterday for the UK Visitor visa (paid for Priority Service). I intend to stay for a month in the UK. The purpose of the trip is to visit a friend and also tour the country (there a couple of places I've always wanted to visit since I was a child). I have appointment on the 20th at Abuja.

These are the documents I have uploaded so far to TLS.
Passport Data Page
Account Statement (I have a closing balance of 2.7m, however I get paid through crypto via Binance and I am thinking of attaching my Binance deposit document)
Letter of invitation (from my friend which explains where she works and our relationship with her brp attached)
Employer Letter (I work with an international company while resident in Nigeria and I strongly helpout for their Africa outreach initiative)
Family Pictures
Family Company Registration (I am a stakeholder in my father's company)
Personal Statement (expressing my purpose of travel which I stated above, it explains my role in my father's company and also the other company I work with, I am also a core team member for a tech community in Nigeria and it requires me being physically present most times)
Hotel booking (booked a week in the city my friend stays, in the visa filling I already mentioned I'll be in her city for 1 week then I'll sleep at budget-friendly hotels in the city I tour)

So my fear is since I get paid in crypto, the inflows in my normal bank account is based on how much I sell from p2p. However in my 3 months account statement, there has been a consistent inflow of big sum, which has been increasing monthly. I also freelance and work on gigs which I get paid in crpto majorly due to the ease of receiving money through it.

This is my first time applying for visa and I am a first time traveller. Is there anything else I need to do? Also do I need to book a return flight or it doesn't really affect the decision?
Hi. U dnt need a return trip ticket yet. The multiple large deposits maybe a big time problem and now you have paid for priority application so they should decide it quickly. Also freelancing,crypto, work gigs and lots of unexplainable deposits wont help. At this point I can only wish you goodluck and hope all goes well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Daniel2802(m): 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2023
giselle237:

Hi. U dnt need a return trip ticket yet. The multiple large deposits maybe a big time problem and now you have paid for priority application so they should decide it quickly. Also freelancing,crypto, work gigs and lots of unexplainable deposits wont help. At this point I can only wish you goodluck and hope all goes well.

Thanks, I'll try to explain in the personal statement about this. They basically carry different names because they are different p2p vendors but I have been receiving multiple large deposits for over a year now. The biometric appointment is next week, will I be asked question? (would like an opportunity to explain things better asides the letter)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
Daniel2802:

Thanks, I'll try to explain in the personal statement about this. They basically carry different names because they are different p2p vendors but I have been receiving multiple large deposits for over a year now. The biometric appointment is next week, will I be asked question? (would like an opportunity to explain things better asides the letter)
u wont be asked anything. The biometrics ppl will only take your finger print and digital photograph . They are just agents/medium to get things through to the embassy.
The embassy will work with what you upload to them to see. Your documents will do the talking as you wont be present there to defend anything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Daniel2802(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2023
giselle237:
u wont be asked anything. The biometrics ppl will only take your finger print and digital photograph . They are just agents/medium to get things through to the embassy.
The embassy will work with what you upload to them to see. Your documents will do the talking as you wont be present there to defend anything

Okay then, I'll make the case in the documents. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 9ger: 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ok. Thanks

MadeMan01:

I used @mybankstatement and got visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bekeee(f): 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Good evening house. please urgently help a sister, I intend visiting the uk during summer and I have now contacted my sister in the Uk to assist with an invitation letter.

Please how exactly do I go about this, what are the basic points to be mentioned on the invitation letter, what other documents will be required. Do I need a letter from the company where I work?

Please I need your urgent assistance.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Hi everyone,
Please, I need reviews on which of these two airlines is better to fly in, from Lagos to London Heathrow (in terms of comfort, entertainment and stopover/connecting flights, missing luggage, etc.) :
Egypt Air vs Turkish Airlines.

Price difference is about 100,000naira between them (TA is more expensive) but stopover time with TA is a few hours lesser than EA.

I have never flown either of them (Google/Trip Advisor reviews are mixed and didn't help me decide).

I no get money for BA or Virgin Atlantic grin

Anyone with experience from flying either or both airlines should help.

I wan book flight tomorrow morning please.

TIA.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2023
Bekeee:
Good evening house. please urgently help a sister, I intend visiting the uk during summer and I have now contacted my sister in the Uk to assist with an invitation letter.

Please how exactly do I go about this, what are the basic points to be mentioned on the invitation letter, what other documents will be required. Do I need a letter from the company where I work?

Please I need your urgent assistance[b][/b].

Thanks

Summer is still a few months away. This is not an urgent case as you have portrayed in your post.
Don't rush the application, as you are only going for holidays, gather the necessary documents, read the thread a few pages aback, importantly page 1 and other bits where a member on here, had a successful application as similar to your case.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Zambezi2020:
Hi everyone,
Please, I need reviews on which of these two airlines is better to fly in, from Lagos to London Heathrow (in terms of comfort, entertainment and stopover/connecting flights, missing luggage, etc.) :

Price difference is about 100,000naira between them (TA is more expensive) but stopover time with TA is a few hours lesser than EA.

I have never flown either of them (Google/Trip Advisor reviews are mixed and didn't help me decide).

TIA.

They have their plus and minuses. At the end arrival to your destination is all you want.
Turkish on long lay overs give you meal until next departure. Egypt does but I think restricted to once.
Other than that the same comfort, different entertainment (Egypt will present Egyptian hit), turkey will present you with Turkish hit).

Also, I think Egypt air has got 15mins on air internet, after that you need to pay to enjoy such services, whilst I can't remember such whilst I used Turkish

Hence mixed review on google/trip advisor

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Zambezi2020:
Hi everyone,

TIA.

They have their plus and minuses. At the end arrival to your destination is all you want.
Turkish on long lay overs give you meal until next departure. Egypt does but I think restricted to once.
Other than that the same comfort, different entertainment (Egypt will present Egyptian hits), turkey will present you with Turkish hits).

Also, I think Egypt air has got 15mins on air internet, after that you need to pay to enjoy such services, whilst I can't remember such whilst I used Turkish

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 1:59am On Apr 12, 2023
Cleo18:
The United Kingdom laws are usually strict.
They don't do mago-mago

I believe the UK has stopped recruiting health workers for the time being.

Please be guided.

The UK is not a country where they make a law and then bend it because of anyone. Their laws are laws.

For now, no recruitment of health workers from Nigeria

Then don't apply for healthcare roles in the UK or look elsewhere for goodness sake. Afford others the humble opportunity to read other news and immigration updates where necessary. Why are you all just recycling and flogging this news.

Whilst you all are about the UK Healthcare red list, i can not imagine why you or other Nigerians haven't questioned the senate or her lower chambers and the Nigerian government why it has pushed a bill to restrict foreign countries from recruiting healthcare workers from the country by developed countries....
Note:- Rumors had it that the president-elect traveled abroad for a medical upkeep due to an hectic election, government officials do the same throughout a year and yet cry brain drain.. or do you think WHO will update her list and upgrade Nigeria as sufficient with Healthcare persons if such bill is passed into law?

I don't get this one-sided cry and all thats circulating everywhere. I hate the one-side cries.

Apply for other roles, everyone can't be a Healthcare worker.

You be guided to start with enough of this red list.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:11am On Apr 12, 2023
Cleo18:
The United Kingdom laws are usually strict.
They don't do mago-mago
I believe the UK has stopped recruiting health workers for the time being.
Please be guided.
The UK is not a country where they make a law and then bend it because of anyone. Their laws are laws.
For now, no recruitment of health workers from Nigeria

rest na!!!!! Stop making noise and forcing your fake fear ridden news down our throats. Since you are in Nigeria and know more than those that are in the ‘UK system’ we congratulate you. Did anyone force you to be a healthcare worker? Pls stop. Just stop with circulating fake news that you know nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Didabuchi: 9:17am On Apr 12, 2023
Documents attached that i can remember:
- Employment letter, letter of introduction from my employer and approval of leave
- 6months bank statement, 6 months pay slip and proof of pension
- marriage certificate and my daughter's birth certificate
- letter of invitation from host, host's biodata page and proof of residence
- cover letter detailing every bulk payment into my account
- Uber agreement and car documents to explain extra funds into my account

I had about 2.4M in my account

[quote author=XYZJAZZY post=122421643]Please can you share the document submitted? How much was in statement of account bro/sis?

I intend applying tomorrow, let know know if I'm omitting anything.

Thanks and congrats

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2023
leef2022:

Other than that the same comfort, different entertainment (Egypt will present Egyptian hit), turkey will present you with Turkish hit).

I appreciate your prompt and sincere response to my question.

God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
Cleo18:

Fake news indeed.
Clap for yourself.
You are either too dull to understand what active recruitment is or there’s a problem somewhere I am missing. Continue crying and weeping + trying to force fear tactics everywhere. Rest again. Rest. Rest. Rest

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
Zambezi2020:

I appreciate your prompt and sincere response to my question.God bless you.
Turkish Airline over Egypt air. I have used both on London/Manchester to Lagos/Abuja routes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
giselle237:
Turkish Airline over Egypt air. I have used both on London/Manchester to Lagos/Abuja routes.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
leef2022:

Are you now saying a "husband and wife" unionism is false?
Meaning like 5 and 6 where you see one you see the other linked not that husband and wife relationship is false.
Dear God.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
Cleo18:

By the way why are you taking this so personal? Are you okay at all?
I will take it personal because it is my field and you are spreading false tales mixed with fear mongering.
Stop the misinformation.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oshinadesegun: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2023
Please gurus, waiting for an appointment in barbados hospital, I'm pregnant and in my 34 weeks and I would love to have my baby there. The hospital said they would like to know when I will be arriving to book me an appointment. And I want a flight routes with no transit and no authorization of OK to board. Please help me with a flight route. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:23am On Apr 13, 2023
oshinadesegun:
Please gurus, waiting for an appointment in barbados hospital, I'm pregnant and in my 34 weeks and I would love to have my baby there. The hospital said they would like to know when I will be arriving to book me an appointment. And I want a flight routes with no transit and no authorization of OK to board. Please help me with a flight route. Thank you.
from Nigeria, I dont think there’s a direct flight. It’s either change airport in London, Paris etc and you are already at 34 weeks which is the cutoff most airlines use to decide who they will carry or not.
There’s no time on your hands anymore because worst will be 36 weeks. No airline will carry anyone at 36 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adezworld(m): 6:56am On Apr 13, 2023
How long does it take transit visa to be out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:16am On Apr 13, 2023
giselle237:
from Nigeria, I dont think there’s a direct flight. It’s either change airport in London, Paris etc and you are already at 34 weeks which is the cutoff most airlines use to decide who they will carry or not.
There’s no time on your hands anymore because worst will be 36 weeks. No airline will carry anyone at 36 weeks.

Hi @giselle237, if one is routing to Barbados via London, does one need a transit visa?

Secondly, I ask again for clarity. For persons undergoing summer classes in the Uk, what category of visa applications should they consider?

Study or Tourist.

I look forward to your input.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2023
Tutu82:

Meaning like 5 and 6 where you see one you see the other linked not that husband and wife relationship is false.
Dear God.

Okay oooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:20am On Apr 13, 2023
hunee:

Hi @giselle237, if one is routing to Barbados via London, does one need a transit visa?

Secondly, I ask again for clarity. For persons undergoing summer classes in the Uk, what category of visa applications should they consider?

Study or Tourist.

I look forward to your input.

1. Yes transit visa will be needed as applied to the traveler and in line with the HO to the transiter.

2. If the course is to be completed within 6months or less, then a standard visa is what the person will have to apply for. If more than 6months or 11 months course or study period then the applicant need to apply for student visa

@Tutu answered you. Aunty Suella will not come on NL to clarify you..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:01am On Apr 13, 2023
grin grin leef take your time. Thanks anyway cool
leef2022:

1. Yes transit visa will be needed as applied to the traveler and in line with the HO to the transiter.

2. If the course is to be completed within 6months or less, then a standard visa is what the person will have to apply for. If more than 6months or 11 months course or study period then the applicant need to apply for student visa

@Tutu answered you. Aunty Suella will not come on NL to clarify you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
hunee:
grin grin leef take your time. Thanks anyway cool

Lol 😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.