Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834796 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2023
giselle237:
@hunee if it is a conference.. then that’s not tourism

Hi Giselle, please can you respond to me I sent you a mail or so here. I have a query as regards my mum's visit visa. Thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:23am On Apr 23, 2023
Chudycharles:
Hi Giselle, please can you respond to me I sent you a mail or so here. I have a query as regards my mum's visit visa. Thanks sir
hii… thanks sir.. all queries here pls.. pls drop your queries here for maximum help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aekmanweb(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2023
Good morning gurus and happy Sunday to everyone, I need advise frm you all. I am abt to apply for UK tourist Visa, been denied over 12yrs ago and never tried applying again but I have visited couple places afterwards like SA, UAE & Turkey. I own an Automobile company and coy is registered & active on CAC. I planned to use my personal statement with the application instead of the company acct. Does using the personal SoA a good idea ? Moreso, I need guide on how to submit my application online, with keep my passport option. Is it after the Visa is approved that they would request for passport to be submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 10:44am On Apr 23, 2023
Sorry about your refusal. Have you taken the time to assess the letter? Have you actually reviewed your responses? What do you think? Do they make sense? Do you sound like someone who truthfully applied to the school, with a keen interest and someone who has a plan? Is english your first language ? It didn’t appear so.

Are you also seriously going there for school or to japa? Sounds like that latter because if you did the research and selection process yourself, you should know all those questions without preparation. You couldn’t mention a single school you looked at. You didn’t mention anything about fee differences, student to teacher ratio, location, nothing. I went to university 15 years ago and I still remember over 50% of my modules. How much more someone that just applied?

Your answers didn’t make sense to me. You failed to understand the questions and you showed inferior intelligence and understanding of English. If you couldn’t answer those questions; it begs to question how you will cope as a masters student when the lecturer will just be teaching and not have time to repeat their words or questions three times.

AR is for cases where you feel the officer made a mistake but the issues are very clear and you yourself would reject this application. So, I don’t think it’s worth pursuing. You can find another course and country or try again next session. I wish you all the best!

olaleyeh5:
Got UKVI refusal letter days after the Home office interview because of my answers on research about the school , chosen course and didn’t answer them my course modules during interview that’s all but Can I go for AR ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Fehinty24: 11:34am On Apr 23, 2023
Hello everyone, I applied for British citizenship by decent from Nigeria because my mom is a British citizen by birth. My worry is I didn’t include my passport with my supporting documents and they have made a decision on my application already but I am yet to receive via Royal Mail. Will they refuse my application because I didn’t include my passport?
Please I will appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
Fehinty24:
Hello everyone, I applied for British citizenship by decent from Nigeria because my mom is a British citizen by birth. My worry is I didn’t include my passport with my supporting documents and they have made a decision on my application already but I am yet to receive via Royal Mail. Will they refuse my application because I didn’t include my passport?
Please I will appreciate your response. Thanks

You should wait to receive the decision information.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
giselle237:
hii… thanks sir.. all queries here pls.. pls drop your queries here for maximum help

Alright Boss,

1. I registered my mum's business with CAC and opened her business account in March, i want to use her April bank statement to apply. Hence an opening balance of say 100k and a closing balance of say 1.5m is it bad?..
2. I want to use my account statement and that of my wife for April too to apply early May. Do I need payslips and I hope using only April account statement is ok?

Thanks Baba..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by trav(m): 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
Good evening folks,

Thanks for all you do here.

Please, I'd like to know when one can join his family members together with the UK visa application. I have not applied for a UK visa in about nine years, and I noticed a lot has changed now that I'm trying to renew UK visas for my family and me. Our last UK visas expired about seven years ago.

So I'm applying for myself, my wife, and our children.

Thanks for the response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
Happy Sunday. Please how can I change my appointment centre, I initially chose Victoria Island and then realised I need to pay 55 pounds for it, please how can I change it to Ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
Chudycharles:

Alright Boss,

1. I registered my mum's business with CAC and opened her business account in March, i want to use her April bank statement to apply. Hence an opening balance of say 100k and a closing balance of say 1.5m is it bad?..
2. I want to use my account statement and that of my wife for April too to apply early May. Do I need payslips and I hope using only April account statement is ok?
Thanks Baba..
if she will be fully sponsored and the account will start at 100k and then jump to 1.5million.. then it’s not too good.
What of her other ties? Was she previously in paid employment? married? other children in Nigeria? belongs to any organisations that she is a leader in? any property? any assets? any travel history?
As a sponsor I don’t think it’s wise presenting just one month’s payslip and one month’s bank statement.. most ppl do 6 months so consider 3 to 6 months.
U can do 6 months payslip from the person with stable financials and then 3 to 6 months bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
Femaleoutfit:
Happy Sunday. Please how can I change my appointment centre, I initially chose Victoria Island and then realised I need to pay 55 pounds for it, please how can I change it to Ikeja.

Happy Sunday.... Unfortunately you can't switch vac, except you cancel the current application and start a new application....✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mekailo(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
Femaleoutfit:

You can never change it, u most pay the fee and another fee in naira when you proceed. Sorry dear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2023
Eweh🙆‍♀️
Mekailo:

You can never change it, u most pay the fee and another fee in naira when you proceed. Sorry dear.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ah! The annoying part is there are no appointment dates till like 2nd of May, whats the point of paying 50k 🤦‍♀️
alert20:

Happy Sunday.... Unfortunately you can't switch vac, except you cancel the current application and start a new application....✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2023
giselle237:
if she will be fully sponsored and the account will start at 100k and then jump to 1.5million.. then it’s not too good.
What of her other ties? Was she previously in paid employment? married? other children in Nigeria? belongs to any organisations that she is a leader in? any property? any assets? any travel history?
As a sponsor I don’t think it’s wise presenting just one month’s payslip and one month’s bank statement.. most ppl do 6 months so consider 3 to 6 months.
U can do 6 months payslip from the person with stable financials and then 3 to 6 months bank statement.

Oh thanks brotherly for this prompt response God bless you.

First off she will not be fully sponsored, we are taking care of everything but she will only pay her flight ticket for coming that is what we want to write in the letter what do you think boss?...

Her only ties is her business which we opened the account for, and she is not in a paid employment at all, yea every other child apart from me is in Nigeria and no travel history yet this will be her first, property is in my late dad's name will that suffice?.

Oh for the payslips and bank statements thanks I didt know was thinking 1 month is ok,...

Thanks for your appreciated answers boss......

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
Chudycharles:

Oh thanks brotherly for this prompt response God bless you.

First off she will not be fully sponsored, we are taking care of everything but she will only pay her flight ticket for coming that is what we want to write in the letter what do you think boss?...

Her only ties is her business which we opened the account for, and she is not in a paid employment at all, yea every other child apart from me is in Nigeria and no travel history yet this will be her first, property is in my late dad's name will that suffice?.

Oh for the payslips and bank statements thanks I didt know was thinking 1 month is ok,...

Thanks for your appreciated answers boss......

The business is newly registered, and I wouldn't advise you to proceed with the application now because of the obvious reasons @bolded.
You just registered a business, and barely 2 months, you have 2m, and you wish to travel to the UK with it for a week.
Well, miracles happen, and you may be lucky, but if it is not an emergency, please don't push the application yet.

PS: Just my cheap 2cent

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
Chudycharles:

Her only ties is her business which we opened the account for, and she is not in a paid employment at all, yea every other child apart from me is in Nigeria and no travel history yet this will be her first, property is in my late dad's name will that suffice?. ....
why is she paying her flight ticket ?? And then it will ofcourse come from this sudden 100k to 1.5million which is not a goodlook because I don’t know how the funds will be accumulated. Is there any reason why she needs to come now? Are you guys pressed for childcare?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 7:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
aekmanweb:
Good morning gurus and happy Sunday to everyone, I need advise frm you all. I am abt to apply for UK tourist Visa, been denied over 12yrs ago[b][/b] and never tried applying again but I have visited couple places afterwards like SA, UAE & Turkey. I own an Automobile company and coy is registered & active on CAC. I planned to use my personal statement with the application instead of the company acct. Does using the personal SoA a good idea ? Moreso, I need guide on how to submit my application online, with keep my passport option. Is it after the Visa is approved that they would request for passport to be submitted?

That's what we call, self-imposed ban. To say the least you have now toured 3 different continents!

12 years ago I would think applications were done online, therefore, I imagine you have experience on about that and how to do that and not need a guide, or was that done by an agent?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
infosoftlife:

The business is newly registered, and I wouldn't advise you to proceed with the application now because of the obvious reasons @bolded.
You just registered a business, and barely 2 months, you have 2m, and you wish to travel to the UK with it for a week.
Well, miracles happen, and you may be lucky, but if it is not an emergency, please don't push the application yet.

PS: Just my cheap 2cent

oh Baba your 2cent is valid nah.... Lol

Yea the business was just registered February but not new really she has been in this business for long as far as I can remember even as a small boy you get?
Its not emergency really because we have started planning for it since January so I will say is not an emergency you get
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
giselle237:
why is she paying her flight ticket ?? And then it will ofcourse come from this sudden 100k to 1.5million which is not a goodlook because I don’t know how the funds will be accumulated. Is there any reason why she needs to come now? Are you guys pressed for childcare?

Its just to show that she is doing something too that will bring her back you get and we are saying she will stay for a month. Yea childcare sort off. the funds were developed with just one contract of 500k plus and other smaller transactions.

Thanks Boss.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
Femaleoutfit:
Ah! The annoying part is there are no appointment dates till like Friday, whats the point of paying 50k 🤦‍♀️

This week's Friday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
Chudycharles:

oh Baba your 2cent is valid nah.... Lol

Yea the business was just registered February but not new really she has been in this business for long as far as I can remember even as a small boy you get?
Its not emergency really because we have started planning for it since January so I will say is not an emergency you get

Someone applied for a visa similar scenario, but the business already existed before the company registered it officially with CAC the ECO misinterpreted it as a false claim. Mind you; he was just a staff and not the CEO.

I would always advise against using a new registration for travel purposes, especially now that refusal letters fly left and right.

In the same way, it isn't easy getting a grant with a new registration.

Is your mom married? Do you have other siblings in Nigeria?? I haven't followed up on your case if she is a fresh applicant. There are other ties you can work with since I believe I read somewhere you mentioned she is a retiree. Using that CAC as the only tie-back to Nigeria won't fly at this time.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 2:09am On Apr 24, 2023
trav:
Good evening folks,

Thanks for all you do here.

Please, I'd like to know when one can join his family members together with the UK visa application. I have not applied for a UK visa in about nine years, and I noticed a lot has changed now that I'm trying to renew UK visas for my family and me. Our last UK visas expired about seven years ago.

So I'm applying for myself, my wife, and our children.

Thanks for the response

Good morning. You need to fill an online form for each member of your family. Nothing like "joining" anybody together. You'll fill a form and pay for each person. Then get a date. As a family, you should apply together so ensure you get the same date for your biometric. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 3:12am On Apr 24, 2023
Mistake, 2nd Of May
Thegamingorca:

This week's Friday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mekailo(m): 6:50am On Apr 24, 2023
Please house kindly assist me with how cheapest flight to the UK, and also do anyone know how to book Turkish airlines because their app and website doesn't proceed to payment gateway. Thanks for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Star721: 8:10am On Apr 24, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house. Please who knows about the Northumbria University Newcastle? In terms of availability of jobs for dependants and students. Inshort about Newcastle in general
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrDelima(m): 8:37am On Apr 24, 2023
Book via wakanow

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mekailo(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2023
MrDelima:
Book via wakanow
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CLASSMAN: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2023
Good day house , pls want to make payment for ecctis with my gtb card its saying card decline , do i need to call gtb to activate the card or is there any best way pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by seanaddy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2023
Good afternoon Guys,

Please I want to inquire about this UK-family-visa/adult-dependent-relative Visa. I have a lot of my family members of the same surname (my father's step brothers) who are British citizens (from an English mother). One of my Uncle has decided to sponsor my VISA application via this route and reading about it from the UKVI website, it states that I can settle in the UK as long as I have family who is citizens and is confirmed to be my relative and can also provide the necessary required information.

I want to ask for more info on this from our experienced mods. Also, the procedure and expenses involved. Cos the Visa application fee alone is about 3,250 pounds. I never even know how the IHS wan go yet. I just need advice and direction too.

Thanks, everyone for the great work here and for all the support.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sugher(f): 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2023
Mekailo:
Hello House, I need experienced answers to my case here.
I just applied for a dependent visa and have summitted all needed docs to support that as my Wife got a COS as a skilled worker but I am just anxious as I haven't heard from DMC after they received my docs 5 days ago.

I initially applied for a job last year through an agent in Canada and I was denied the Canadian visa as they claimed the docs summitted lacked authenticity and hence I will be inadmissible into Canada for the next 5 years.

N:B:- I stated this however in my UK application and now and I am hoping it won't affect my UK application. Please what could likely be the outcome here, are there people who still got their UK visas approved after Canada issues like mine?

Hello, any news yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.