Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (844031 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mekailo(m): 11:26am On Apr 28, 2023
Yhemitz:

Congratulations, is your visa type super priority!

Normal standard

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by decasey(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2023
Cashmadam:

No, it won't. Good luck!
thanks, I really appreciate bless you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sefunmi012(f): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Good afternoon house.
Pls I need help on this

I've been the guardian of my step brother(10years) since our Mom died. My husband want to go and study in UK and wants to take me as dependent. He's scared my brother might cause refusal as we are not of the same surname and I told him I can't leave the boy because no one can help me look after him(his dad is alive but not responsible even before our mom died) I took this child as mine.
Pls house is there way we can take him along or things we can do?

Pls help a sister🙏

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sugher(f): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
Mekailo:
Biometric 17th
Sent to DMC 17th
Received by DMC 18TH
Sent to VAC 27th
Pick up mail 27th
Picked up with seal (Visa granted ) 28th
BRP mail- 28th

All Glory to God and all the best to all applicants

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mxw3l: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
ă…¤
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
Keeping you up to date with your application, you will get a decision notice soon. Prayers up
mxw3l:
I got this email twice after 15 working days. Can someone please tell me what it means and it's possibilities? Is this normal?

Biodate: 8th April, 2023
1st email: 14th April
2nd: 28th April

Dear [name]

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
Air fares are crazily up now as a result of IROE. Inability of airlines to repatriate their funds has brought this to the aviation sector. Imagine Lagos to Nairobi 630k (R)

How una see ham?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2023
hunee:
Air fares are crazily up now as a result of IROE. Inability of airlines to repatriate their funds has brought this to the aviation sector. Imagine Lagos to Nairobi 630k (R)
How una see ham?
hunee u go try open Nairobi thread causeee we are not understanding…..

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
[quote author=Sefunmi012 post=122803108]
if they are not convinced, they will only deny the child.. they wont deny all of you because of the child.. you need to start a legal adoption or guardianship process now.. if not the child will go nowhere.. it’s even worse as you say the father is alive. His dad would have to take over his responsibilities. Sorry . The chances of this succeeding is small
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sefunmi012(f): 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
[quote author=giselle237 post=122806561][/quote]thanks. Pls do i start the guardian process, where will I go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2023
grin grin grin giselle my oga, double gbosa. Ticket fares just weak me,Can anyone suggest some site for cheap flights. Which site you dey use for your bookings @giselle
?
giselle237:
hunee u go try open Nairobi thread causeee we are not understanding…..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaCentaurii: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
Please how much is IOM TB test in Naira for an adult?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rilwantotoola: 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
Guys,

Please be very careful with job hunting. I got message of a job from one Agbedola Holdings. I think they are not just scammers but kidnappers.

Please be careful

giselle237:
if it is about submitting applications you cant relent. You must continue. U basically need to find a sponsor in the UK who has a sponsorship licence to give you a job/COS. Most people are coming in via Healthcare Assistant roles.
Then try and read up the skilled worker thread here as most of the people in same shoes are there.
https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health
If you have any challenges, then ask
Beware of scammers. They are so many now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
hunee:

How una see ham?

- General inflation across the globe.

-They are trying to make up for lost revenue during the pandemic.

- Shortage of pilots

- Jet fuel: The cost per gallon of fuel in January 2019 was $1.37. The same fuel cost over $3.50 today. Effect of the war in Ukraine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
It means your documents, especially, the bank account statements, needs thorough and direct verification with your bank. This situation sometimes occurs if one has been refused before based on bank account statements. They really need to establish the fact, this time around, beyond the basis of probability, before imposing a ban. If there is no problem with any of your documents, congratulations in advance! If there is, I advise you to cancel your application immediately and forfeit the application fee.

mxw3l:
I got this email twice after 15 working days. Can someone please tell me what it means and it's possibilities? Is this normal?

Biodate: 8th April, 2023
1st email: 14th April
2nd: 28th April

Dear [name]

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lukfame(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2023
Good evening guys. I'm traveling to the UK next month and I want to book a round trip. Can anyone please recommend how to get cheap flights to Heathrow airport.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
Fact. You are sure right. How have you been Ashiri? I just hope the effects does not extend beyond ticket fares
Ashirioluwa:

- General inflation across the globe.

-They are trying to make up for lost revenue during the pandemic.

- Shortage of pilots

- Jet fuel: The cost per gallon of fuel in January 2019 was $1.37. The same fuel cost over $3.50 today. Effect of the war in Ukraine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
hunee:
Fact. You are sure right. How have you been Ashiri? I just hope the effects does not extend beyond ticket fares

I am pretty good. How about yourself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 2:39am On Apr 29, 2023
Fine. Thanks.
Ashirioluwa:

I am pretty good. How about yourself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Amyfave: 2:49am On Apr 29, 2023
[quote author=Mekailo post=122798140]

No I’m yet to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by myhero: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
greetings house
Pls I want to apply for biometrics and I wish to know between TLS Abuja and Ikeja which one will give faster decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2023
rilwantotoola:
Guys,

Please be very careful with job hunting. I got message of a job from one Agbedola Holdings. I think they are not just scammers but kidnappers.

Please be careful

Be like dem been make sure say you "Gon see crazy!" cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Leema24: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2023
Good morning all....
Please does Turkish airlines require Transit visa from Lagos to Manchester?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobilek(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2023
Hello, please I need accommodation for family of 3 in Coventry. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Amyfave: 1:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good day house. I did my biometrics on 17th of April 2023 for dependant visa. Collection mail on 26th of April and till now I’m yet to receive my brp
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
Amyfave:
Good day house. I did my biometrics on 17th of April 2023 for dependant visa. Collection mail on 26th of April and till now I’m yet to receive my brp

U will pick up the BRP when you arrive the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2023
Leema24:
Good morning all....
Please does Turkish airlines require Transit visa from Lagos to Manchester?

No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Your message is so touching and God bless and reward you for all you’ve done. I believe that you should write a strong Cover letter to explain that he is your “half-brother”. Please note that he is NOT your step brother. You share one parent so it is half. Explain that your share a mother and she passed on and for the last 10 years, you’ve been responsible for him. Show proof of your birth certificates and his tenancy in your home. Proof of school fees paid etc. If you can also establish proof of guardianship. Do all you can to show the genuine relationship and a strong cover letter to explain that you are more or less his foster parents. Also state that his father and him are not in touch etc. That’s my two cents. Thank you for not wanting to leave him behind. May God bless you and straighten your path. All the best!!!!

Sefunmi012:
Good afternoon house.
Pls I need help on this

I've been the guardian of my step brother(10years) since our Mom died. My husband want to go and study in UK and wants to take me as dependent. He's scared my brother might cause refusal as we are not of the same surname and I told him I can't leave the boy because no one can help me look after him(his dad is alive but not responsible even before our mom died) I took this child as mine.
Pls house is there way we can take him along or things we can do?

Pls help a sister🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
My Testimony this week lord. From what am reading from this thread it's testimony within 9 - 10 days after biometrics..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nwokiwu90(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good morning everyone please it’s already 23 working days since i did my biometrics should I send them a paid mail thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nwokiwu90:
Good evening Please I did my biometrics on 31st of March and am yet to get a mail from the Uk embassy it’s 16 working days

What type of visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Aim07(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.