Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832037 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osa0(m): 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
How the dey track this shii sef? Good evening
myhero:
I tracked my application now and it's showing transfered to VAC.. what do u guys think I should be expecting ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Momoftwins: 12:00am On Jul 28, 2023
my mum had her bio on the 11th of July, visit standard visa , nothing yet as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ekababbe: 12:06am On Jul 28, 2023
FNRF:

Understood, but how can I prove to them at POE that it is for the best for my family because we can’t be hanging around at hotels etc., it’s best we have a place so my wife can shop our stuffs to the address.

Also my wife isn’t a Nigerian National, hence why I’m thinking of going first to sort all the housing and school related issues.
I know someone who arrived 1month before his wife who was the MA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 1:22am On Jul 28, 2023
Mine was 10th. Below is their reply when I contacted them via email this week:

Dear------,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. We understand how frustrating these delays are and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Standard UK visitor visas are currently taking longer than usual to be processed due to high global demand. You should bear this in mind when making travel arrangements. UKVI are working hard to process applications as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre (VAC) when your passport is ready for collection. Do not attend the VAC until you have been invited to do so.

You are not required to book any travel before you apply or before a decision is made on your application. You’ll only be refunded if we have not started processing your application.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.
Regards,

Momoftwins:
my mum had her bio on the 11th of July, visit standard visa , nothing yet as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Datakey: 5:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Good morning house. Please I'm at the stage of paying payment for my application, but I need to ask some questions to be sure that I'm on the right tack..

1) I'm to pay the sum of 300USD for the application fee, for a 3 years skilled worker visa.. But someone told me that the amount is supposed to be higher than 330..

2) I'm only seeing option to pay for standard, and I wanted to use priority, please how can I fix this?

3) At what point can I select the center I want to do biometric because I still haven't come across the option..

4) If I eventually pay for the application fee, will I be the one to choose the date for my biometric, I'm asking this particular question cos my PCC isn't ready yet.

5) My TB certificate will expire on the 8th of August, do I need to do a new one or I should just apply with the old one.

6) Maintenance is ticked on the COS, I guess I won't have to submit account statement.

Abeg make Una reply me abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by FNRF: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2023
Really and no questions was asked at POE?

Ekababbe:

I know someone who arrived 10month before his wife who was the MA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2023
Why not wait for the PCC to be out, PCC should be out that same day you apply.
Datakey:
Good morning house. Please I'm at the stage of paying payment for my application, but I need to ask some questions to be sure that I'm on the right tack..

1) I'm to pay the sum of 300USD for the application fee, for a 3 years skilled worker visa.. But someone told me that the amount is supposed to be higher than 330..

2) I'm only seeing option to pay for standard, and I wanted to use priority, please how can I fix this?

3) At what point can I select the center I want to do biometric because I still haven't come across the option..

4) If I eventually pay for the application fee, will I be the one to choose the date for my biometric, I'm asking this particular question cos my PCC isn't ready yet.

5) My TB certificate will expire on the 8th of August, do I need to do a new one or I should just apply with the old one.

6) Maintenance is ticked on the COS, I guess I won't have to submit account statement.

Abeg make Una reply me abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by seunni: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2023
Good morning wonderful people, please I need someone to put me through how to book tb test. When I tried to book through their website there is no option for UK.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adeboyo03: 9:44am On Jul 28, 2023
myhero:
I tracked my application now and it's showing transfered to VAC.. what do u guys think I should be expecting ??

Good News!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adeboyo03: 9:45am On Jul 28, 2023
seunni:
Good morning wonderful people, please I need someone to put me through how to book tb test. When I tried to book through their website there is no option for UK.

Hi, try this link https://appointmentnigeria.iom.int/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by seunni: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2023
Adeboyo03:

Hi, try this link https://appointmentnigeria.iom.int/
Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mroyato(m): 10:07am On Jul 28, 2023
Does the UK still accept applications without having to submit one's passport until the visa is ready to be issued?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adeboyo03: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2023
mroyato:
Does the UK still accept applications without having to submit one's passport until the visa is ready to be issued?

I think Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2023
Did you say 10 months ?
Maybe he previously had a visitors Visa that was valid .
Even MA can't go earlier than a month before her course starts

quote author=Ekababbe post=124706957]
I know someone who arrived 10month before his wife who was the MA [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ezeifesi: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2023
Good day house, please I used an agent to help me fill for Uk visit visa for my family and I since may and till today no biometric date. Please is this a general problem? I see people getting biometric date and nothing on my side now our naira has devalued so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ezeifesi:
Good day house, please I used an agent to help me fill for Uk visit visa for my family and I since may and till today no biometric date. Please is this a general problem? I see people getting biometric date and nothing on my side now our naira has devalued so much

Is it the agent that told you that there is no date or you checked by yourself?

Ah you have been scammed oh.

What sort of rubbish is this? Why are people wicked? And they think this extra money they scam people off will make their life better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Datakey: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good day house.. I just paid for my Visa.
Please what's the next thing to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ezeifesi:
what kind of lie is this agent speaking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ekababbe:

I know someone who arrived 10month before his wife who was the MA
10 months not true. Even the main applicant gets between 1-3 months only to enter. Which 10 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Datakey:

If it is health and care visa it will be lesser than other skilled worker visas. Do well to read www.gov.uk
Th test august 8th is valid as long as u pay and submit ur online application latest 11pm on august 8th
If maintenance ticked, no bank statement
U are the one to choose biometric date and u will need to have uploaded ur pcc on/before your biometrics date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Datakey: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Datakey: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good evening house.. I just noticed my checklist does not have IELTS. Do I have to be worried?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by deeteeneey(f): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
please i need help.

I had mistakenly submitted UK visa application without uploading all supporting documents, what can I do? I'm so confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
Pay for assisted service on the day of your biometrics. TLS staff will ensure all documents are scanned and uploaded (https://pos.tlscontact.com/los_en/added-value-services)

deeteeneey:
please i need help.

I had mistakenly submitted UK visa application without uploading all supporting documents, what can I do? I'm so confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 3:12am On Jul 29, 2023
Hello

You can't enter before the MA

Either same time or after

You will be sent back at POE

Please don't listen to hearsays claiming someone they know did it.

Getting a Hotel etc is not of any concern

The MA is the person of interest not dependants

Cheers
FNRF:

Understood, but how can I prove to them at POE that it is for the best for my family because we can’t be hanging around at hotels etc., it’s best we have a place so my wife can shop our stuffs to the address.

Also my wife isn’t a Nigerian National, hence why I’m thinking of going first to sort all the housing and school related issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladeonas: 5:17am On Jul 29, 2023
Visa alert 🚨

for training Applied 29th June
Biometrics on the 7th July
Transferred to DMC 7th (priority)
Got a mail from uk on the 10th (undergoing consideration)
Got 2 mails From VAC for collection on the 12th after 3pm.

Documents:
1) invitation letter from both the Host & my employer
2) my passport
3) POF & Assests
4) Family documents

Collected my visa on the 13th stamped in my passport. What GOD cannot do , does not exist.
Exactly 5 days I submitted.

Ran into my car to open the envelope. I give God alone the Glory

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladeonas: 5:22am On Jul 29, 2023
Datakey:
Good day house.. I just paid for my Visa.
Please what's the next thing to do?

You are meant get an appointment center, time and required services such as assisted document upload, priority service, flexi appointments etc

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by luvhenry(m): 6:06am On Jul 29, 2023
ladeonas:
Visa alert 🚨

Documents:
2) my passport
3) POF & Assests
4) Family documents

Collected my visa on the 13th stamped in my passport. What GOD cannot do , does not exist.

Happy for you. Pls can you confirm if you had to submit a 6 months statement with a host. How much was.their on day 0 and how much was there on month 6. I'm trying to gauge the consistency of balance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladeonas: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2023
luvhenry:

Happy for you. Pls can you confirm if you had to submit a 6 months statement with a host. How much was.their on day 0 and how much was there on month 6. I'm trying to gauge the consistency of balance

Thank you.

Yes i submitted my 6month statement.Didnot look at day 0 for the last day it was almost 2M.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 29, 2023
ladeonas:
Visa alert 🚨

Documents:
2) my passport
3) POF & Assests
4) Family documents

Wow a very big congratulations!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akinsbb009: 7:48am On Jul 29, 2023
I Will like to make enquiry about this school Chief, pls let me know how I can reach you.
oloyemeji:
I have recently completed my studies at ESGT Benin Republic, and I have applied for a master's program in the UK. The university I applied to has contacted me, requesting an evaluation of my academic credentials through https://enic.org.uk/ for a statement of comparability. However, the deadline for submission is in just two days. I am uncertain whether it is a wise decision to proceed with the evaluation, as there is a possibility that ENIC may not be familiar with my university. I would greatly appreciate your advice, as I do not wish to waste £173 if it is not necessary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 8:34am On Jul 29, 2023
akinsbb009:
I Will like to make enquiry about this school Chief, pls let me know how I can reach you.

Morning chief, you can check my profile for information about the school thanks ✌️✌️

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: ozymes, tuco02 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.