Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (833966 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhilJames: 2:35am On Sep 17, 2023
Hi

Good morning all. Please if a couple applied for a visa at the same time stating that they will be traveling together, but along the line the main applicant encounters financial issues and have decided to travel to UK first before the dependant who would be coming in later, will travelling alone cause any problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Partner10: 10:52am On Sep 17, 2023
Please i need your help people, i applied for a visit visa in 2019 which was denied because i did not explain my transactions, the issue i have now is that i added my partner back then as my wife since we lived in the same house and we have a child together but along the line we have gone our separate ways and i now legally married to another woman with 2 kids. I want to make another application now this december and i dont know if they will request for divorce papers or how do i go about explaining to them that we are not officially married since my details will change when i submit this new application in december. Please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mabogs: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2023
Hello House,

Has anyone experienced this:

I got an email from SVSAppeal stating: “The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office will now proceed to the next stage of your application.”

I have paid the IHS fee and re-submitted my passport to TLS. Does anyone know how long it will take for my passport to be returned?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2023
My masters, please, I have a quick question.

I am helping out a relative who is planning to travel out on vacation with his dad to fill out a visa application. This young man is a private school teacher with less than 100k in his account, but his dad's bank account is ok. His dad doesn't need a visa because he has a valid travel permit.

As per finance, is it appropriate to include only the sponsor's (his dad's) account statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by buggi102kruse: 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good day house, pls my wife is traveling this week but her Police clearance certificate has expired since 1st of September. Will it be an issue at the point of entry? Does she need to renew the PCC?

Secondly, she wrote the care home where she got her CoS to extent the expired resumption date on her offer letter, they replied that it's not necessary that it won't be an issue at the point of entry, her initial resumption date was 15th of August, I am not sure if they correct.

Pls ooo we seek urgent advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2023
buggi102kruse:
Good day house, pls my wife is traveling this week but her Police clearance certificate has expired since 1st of September. Will it be an issue at the point of entry? Does she need to renew the PCC?

Secondly, she wrote the care home where she got her CoS to extent the expired resumption date on her offer letter, they replied that it's not necessary that it won't be an issue at the point of entry, her initial resumption date was 15th of August, I am not sure if they correct.

Pls ooo we seek urgent advice

she wrote the care home where she got her CoS to extent the expired resumption date on her offer letter, they replied that it's not necessary that it won't be an issue at the point of entry,same for pcc
what else do you want us to say here?
You can also get PCC from diaspora.
Safe trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2023
PhilJames:
HiGood morning all. Please if a couple applied for a visa at the same time stating that they will be traveling together, but along the line the main applicant encounters financial issues and have decided to travel to UK first before the dependant who would be coming in later, will travelling alone cause any problem?
no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by buggi102kruse: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2023
Thanks for your response!

However, more like you didn't get the questions, the reason for the inquiry is to be sure these will not be problem at the PoE.
Issuer of CoS will not be there if such questions are raised at the PoE.

More so, is to hear from people who have entered to educate me if I will really have to press for an extension of date in the offer letter.

hunee:

she wrote the care home where she got her CoS to extent the expired resumption date on her offer letter, they replied that it's not necessary that it won't be an issue at the point of entry,same for pcc
what else do you want us to say here?
You can also get PCC from diaspora.
Safe trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naanlong01: 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
Your wish is granted, in extension to your third generation. Shalom!

Newbiein2016:
You must be silly and lack reading & comprehension skills.

How is £363 = ₦124k? Didn't you say it was previously ₦124k for visa fee?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2023
she wrote the care home where she got her CoS to extent the expired resumption date on her offer letter, they replied that it's not necessary that it won't be an issue at the point of entry
buggi102kruse:
Thanks for your response!

However, more like you didn't get the questions, the reason for the inquiry is to be sure these will not be problem at the PoE.
Issuer of CoS will not be there if such questions are raised at the PoE.

More so, is to hear from people who have entered to educate me if I will really have to press for an extension of date in the offer letter.

The people that gave cos has said no problem, My brother relax your mind and book her flight. There is no answer we want to give you here that will validate what they have said. Betterstill she keeps in contact with them until her arrival. If e con happen as you dey talk, they can place a call to them for any clarifications. Immigration does this regualarly.

RELAX!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good day guys!!

Thank you for all the works you on this thread.

How can i invite my mother to UK as she's unemployed back home, I lost my father years ago, she's doing anything in Nigeria, I'm the taking care of her needs.

How can i invite her and what are the documents she need to provide.

Pls note, I'm a resident in UK, working with NHS and i have all the documents I can used to sponsor her.

Kindly assist.

I'm asking because of the limited ties to my home country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Good day guys!!

How can i invite my mother to UK as she's unemployed back home, I lost my father years ago, she's not doing anything in Nigeria, I'm the one taking care of her needs.

Pls note, I'm a resident in UK, working with NHS and i have all the documents I can used to sponsor her.

Kindly assist.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nanorest: 7:04am On Sep 18, 2023
Kunleop:
Good day guys!!

How can i invite my mother to UK as she's unemployed back home, I lost my father years ago, she's not doing anything in Nigeria, I'm the one taking care of her needs.

Kindly assist.

Find care jobs for her if she is still young
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhilJames: 8:46am On Sep 18, 2023
Hi everyone,

Good morning.

So my mother in-law was issued a 6 months visit visa from August 2023 to February 2024 to come and nurse her daughter who gave birth in June 2023. But unfortunately due to some factors she could not travel in August, she will be coming in first week of October. During the application I stated that she will be staying for 1 month.

Currently we want her to stay till February next year before going back.

Now here comes the main concern/question, my sister in-law who's equally here in the UK will be giving birth in that same February 2024 based on the scan she did.

So my question is, if my mother in-law goes back to Nigeria in February and reapplies for visit visa to come and take care of my sister in-law, will her visa be granted?

Please help with your inputs and suggestions..

Thank you very much...

Please note: Her flight (return ticket) has been booked from October to February
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mowk: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2023
How long from when you received the second mail did you get your decision?

mosesadio:
Good afternoon mates.
Please has anyone else received a second mail below from DMC? And what does it mean?
--------
Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by habeeb246(m): 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
I did biometric on the 9th and submitted my passport but recently something came up and I need my passport end of this month for something very important, how do I go about it? Is it possible to still get my passport back before decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
PhilJames:
Hi everyone,

Good morning.

So my mother in-law was issued a 6 months visit visa from August 2023 to February 2024 to come and nurse her daughter who gave birth in June 2023. But unfortunately due to some factors she could not travel in August, she will be coming in first week of October. During the application I stated that she will be staying for 1 month.

Currently we want her to stay till February next year before going back.

Now here comes the main concern/question, my sister in-law who's equally here in the UK will be giving birth in that same February 2024 based on the scan she did.

So my question is, if my mother in-law goes back to Nigeria in February and reapplies for visit visa to come and take care of my sister in-law, will her visa be granted?

Please help with your inputs and suggestions..

Thank you very much...

Please note: Her flight (return ticket) has been booked from October to February

Let your mum go in October as you've planned.
She's there to visit her daughter and see her grandkid.. Oct to Feb visit for 4months? Then another visit almost immediately after won't really work.

For your sister inlaw - if mama applies immediately after she returns that she's going back then her application would be looked at differently. Oct to Feb visit for 4months? Then another visit almost immediately after won't really work.

Unless you decide to stick to the original 1month visit in October as initially said.
Then apply for another visa for the next visit in March 2024 and this time your mum can spend 4minths visiting both families.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
mowk:
How long from when you received the second mail did you get your decision?

About three weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbie123: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
Please is 3 months POF still okay for visitors visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ozeggy: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2023
Newbie123:
Please is 3 months POF still okay for visitors visa

Yes it is.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
habeeb246:
I did biometric on the 9th and submitted my passport but recently something came up and I need my passport end of this month for something very important, how do I go about it? Is it possible to still get my passport back before decision?
yes, go to TLS center and collect temporary passport withdrawal form, you will need to return it after use, before decision is made or after receiving no refusal mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by habeeb246(m): 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
dirolad:
yes, go to TLS center and collect temporary passport withdrawal form, you will need to return it after use, before decision is made or after receiving no refusal mail.
is this really possible? Because I got a mail that my application already received by DMC ( croydon Dmc ) and do you think my passport is still with TLC ? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbie123: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2023
Ozeggy:

Yes it is.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2023
habeeb246:
is this really possible? Because I got a mail that my application already received by DMC ( croydon Dmc ) and do you think my passport is still with TLC ? Thanks
go to TLS. They will give it to you without it affecting your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Benicetome: 10:31am On Sep 19, 2023
habeeb246:

Passport does not leave Nigeria o. Only your application is transferred for analysis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadeMan01(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2023
Hello House,

My UK 6 month visa just expired. Can I apply for 5 year multiple entry?
or must it be two years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adebisilucy(f): 5:22pm On Sep 19, 2023
Congratulations, please how many months bank statements did you use? And how much in pounds please
ShootingStar92:
Visa alert!!!
Successful visitor visa application for my sister-in-law. I’m the sponsor and I did the application.
Timeline:
Application submitted on 1 september (Standard)
Biometrics done on 5th september at PortHarcourt (Premium location)
Tracking updated to show decision has been made on 10th sep
Passport collected at DHL yesterday 15th of September with 6 months visitor visa approved!

Good luck to anyone who is waiting.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ShootingStar92: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2023
adebisilucy:
Congratulations, please how many months bank statements did you use? And how much in pounds please

6 months bank statement and over £20K
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olageeee(m): 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2023
Good evening all,pls i need a shred apartment in university of Bradford,that's close to the school area.

Please I will be glad if anyone can help out ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CamelCase: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2023
Anyone in University of sterling here?
Or any city around there..

a friend in Scotland (University of sterling) needs help getting a shared apartment or a roommate to share with... He just got there

Pls I will be very great full if you guys know anyone who could help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CamelCase: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2023
Guys please any roomate in Scotland for accomodations sharing?

Pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (617) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.