Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (851965 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arry110(m): 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2023
AmeliaT:
3. Oh wow. So you used personal accounts and not a business account? Hmmm. I’m honestly not sure about this. @hunee please shed some more light.

I’m not sure it shows you to be a legitimate business owner who pays himself a salary. I would honestly prefer you clean up the accounts and come back in three months to avoid the taint in your record.

Or are you going for something urgent?

5. Awesome!

8. Well done!

You’re most welcome!

I’m not going for anything urgent
I think I’ll just cancel my application
Will tls refund me pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Damybams13: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hello House,

I received a mail earlier to upload an additional document which I did immediately. After some days, I received an empty NSF again, please what could be the meaning of this and should I be worried about this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2023
In cases like this, it would interest readers to understand the processes involved for applications do not mostly evolve around the highlighted. A straight application void off many commas is usually the best. if i saw your post earlier , i would advise you not to apply yet. Many would say, who am i to say such? Well, they are right, i am not a visa officer , neither do i work for the UK embassy. But for someone who has valid visas for some of these countries and have gone through the process a number of times, i think i can have some say on issues like this. This application is hurriedly done, and it is just 24hrs , what can we even begin to correct?
AmeliaT:
3. Oh wow. So you used personal accounts and not a business account? Hmmm. I’m honestly not sure about this. @hunee please shed some more light.

I’m not sure it shows you to be a legitimate business owner who pays himself a salary. I would honestly prefer you clean up the accounts and come back in three months to avoid the taint in your record.

Or are you going for something urgent?

5. Awesome!

8. Well done!

You’re most welcome!

My recommendations
I would advise you to write an explanation or a cover for your finances in details.
I would advise you fix your cac concerns
I would advise you to draft a convincing letter of introduction
I would also suggest senior men and women in the house , the experienced ones to come and assist this person.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arry110(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2023
hunee:
In cases like this, it would interest readers to understand the processes involved for applications do not mostly evolve around the highlighted. A straight application void off many commas is usually the best. if i saw your post earlier , i would advise you not to apply yet. Many would say, who am i to say such? Well, they are right, i am not a visa officer , neither do i work for the UK embassy. But for someone who has valid visas for some of these countries and have gone through the process a number of times, i think i can have some say on issues like this. This application is hurriedly done, and it is just 24hrs , what can we even begin to correct?
My recommendations
I would advise you to write an explanation or a cover for your finances in details.
I would also suggest senior men and women in the house , the experienced ones to come and assist this person.

Thank you.
You’re very right, it was hurriedly done
I’ve already cancelled, I’d just enjoy Lagos tomorrow and travel back as planned on Friday,
I really appreciate your inputs
Abroad no be something wey dey hungry me like that, wetin dey pain me na the 250k I waste for to&fro flight and hotel cry

Please I have questions as I’d be applying in March what to I need to avoid.
1. I want to be paying myself salary from this January - how much do you think my opening balance should be?
2. How much should the opening balance for my business account be too?
3. How many months before intended travel date should I apply
Thanks
Hunee AmeliaT

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2023
Honestly, after reading your contributions to his issues, I felt obliged to comment here, I was also in this same issue in October and I was refused based on CAC issues and my financial positions, I made corrections to this and reapplied and I was approved.

I had commented for him to come and I put him through as I'm not someone who can type for long, I can only explain via a phone call and send him samples of the corrections I made so he can use them as guidelines. But I saw he say I was of no use to him and I kept my mute.

I wish him best of luck in his application. Thanks Boss

hunee:
My recommendations

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
That's from what he would have learnt, reschedule your biometrics appointment to a later date that would give you sufficient time to fix all these errors instead of cancelling and wasting ₦250k, with this he'd have just lost the flight fee to and fro your location.

Arry110:

I’ve already cancelled, I’d just enjoy Lagos tomorrow and travel back as planned on Friday,
Abroad no be something wey dey hungry me like that, wetin dey pain me na the 250k I waste for to&fro flight and hotel cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:
That's from what he would have learnt, reschedule your biometrics appointment to a later date that would give you sufficient time to fix all these errors instead of cancelling and wasting ₦250k, with this he'd have just lost the flight fee to and fro your location.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arry110(m): 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:
Honestly, after reading your contributions to his issues, I felt obliged to comment here, I was also in this same issue in October and I was refused based on CAC issues and my financial positions, I made corrections to this and reapplied and I was approved.

I had commented for him to come and I put him through as I'm not someone who can type for long, I can only explain via a phone call and send him samples of the corrections I made so he can use them as guidelines. But I saw he say I was of no use to him and I kept my mute.

Not at all sir, I did not understand your response to be honest,
I was in dire need of help, there’s no way I would have that impression of you, I was even very eager for any help that I saw
I’m very sorry I gave such impressions, don’t be offended please

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arry110(m): 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:

Abiii, I think it’s for the best
I’d just fill a new application with new intended travel dates
I feel it’s better

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2023
Send me an email here fast: ***@gmail

From here, I can get your phone number and we talk
Arry110:

Abiii, I think it’s for the best
I’d just fill a new application with new intended travel dates
I feel it’s better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arry110(m): 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:
me

okay boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2023
Cancelling was the best decision as this was getting complicated.

Instead of March, may I suggest you take the next 6 months to just cleanup your account. Get an account where you pay yourself a monthly salary (could be one of the personal accounts you mentioned). Do ensure only your salary is being paid in and only your estimated monthly expenditures are being deducted/withdrawn from here.

Whilst your earning potential demonstrates financial ties, there's just a lot going on with your accounts & given that you don't have a strong travel history to indicate frequent leisure trips of this nature, you need to ensure your application is well put together & can convince the VO that you are a genuine traveller.

Arry110:

1. I want to be paying myself salary from this January - how much do you think my opening balance should be?

Start with whatever is currently in the account you are designating as your personal account i.e. If you choose to use account B as your personal account & closing balance is 2m, start with that.

Same as above

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before your travel date but given the work you need to do before submission, I recommend you do this in June for a late summer trip.

Thanks
Hunee AmeliaT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arry110(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2023
Newbiein2016:
Cancelling was the best decision as this was getting complicated.

Instead of March, may I suggest you take the next 6 months to just cleanup your account. Get an account where you pay yourself a monthly salary (could be one of the personal accounts you mentioned). Do ensure only your salary is being paid in and only your estimated monthly expenditures are being deducted/withdrawn from here.

Whilst your earning potential demonstrates financial ties, there's just a lot going on with your accounts & given that you don't have a strong travel history to indicate frequent leisure trips of this nature, you need to ensure your application is well put together & can convince the VO that you are a genuine traveller.

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2023
Good. I like when people bring themselves to this level of understanding.
Saves you from a potential refusal.
Now you have canceled, Let us look at correcting the loopholes.
1. Ensure your cac is active, make sure anyone who processes it for you, gives you the acknwledgement letters from the corporate affairs commission as it will form part of the documents you will submit on your next application.
2. Open a special account. The reason i tagged it as a special is because, it is mainly for visa applications. dont load too many monies in it, some can refer to it as salary account.
3. Create a very simple and less payment process for the account, let say annually you earn 5m, pay between 3/400k there monthly(I just sighted an example) Your annual income must or must not exceed what is in your bank statement, ONLY IF, you can explain quintessentially reasons for the discrepancies as seen in many refusal notes.
4.Your supporting documents should be solid enough to prove you are ingenuine. Evidences of contract or deals, your brother who resides in the US can help you with some personal documents too as support, Family pictures, Properties, Shares and Investments receipt, Others.
5. Please take note, what we aim by all this is to give a straight information about yourself, you do not want to be presenting lump sums again. so take it easy on the accounts which you will be opening as regards transactions, so you dont have to start explaining and explaining with cover letters(Which i am not even going to support as you are a first time applicant)
Arry110:

Thanks
Hunee AmeliaT

Lastly, you can do 1 country if you can before you apply again, sometime around March.
Maybe Kenya or Sa (If you have the resources)
Please, we sure will be glad to guide you through and be free to come again here for more inputs if the need arises.
Goodevening and Enjoy Lagos!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2023
I can relate. It is ok, we hope he attains success in the end.
sanyaolurilwan:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2023
Yes Boss.

hunee:
I can relate. It is ok, we hope he attains success in the end.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arry110(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2023
hunee:
Good. I like when people bring themselves to this level of understanding.
Saves you from a potential refusal.
Now you have canceled, Let us look at correcting the loopholes.
1. Ensure your cac is active, make sure anyone who processes it for you, gives you the acknwledgement letters from the corporate affairs commission as it will form part of the documents you will submit on your next application.
2. Open a special account. The reason i tagged it as a special is because, it is mainly for visa applications. dont load too many monies in it, some can refer to it as salary account.
3. Create a very simple and less payment process for the account, let say annually you earn 5m, pay between 3/400k there monthly(I just sighted an example) Your annual income must or must not exceed what is in your bank statement, ONLY IF, you can explain quintessentially reasons for the discrepancies as seen in many refusal notes.
4.Your supporting documents should be solid enough to prove you are ingenuine. Evidences of contract or deals, your brother who resides in the US can help you with some personal documents too as support, Family pictures, Properties, Shares and Investments receipt, Others.
5. Please take note, what we aim by all this is to give a straight information about yourself, you do not want to be presenting lump sums again. so take it easy on the accounts which you will be opening as regards transactions, so you dont have to start explaining and explaining with cover letters(Which i am not even going to support as you are a first time applicant)

Lastly, you can do 1 country if you can before you apply again, sometime around March.
Maybe Kenya or Sa (If you have the resources)
Please, we sure will be glad to guide you through and be free to come again here for more inputs if the need arises.
Goodevening and Enjoy Lagos!

Thank you so much, I’ve screenshotted all these and will use them as future guidelines

Please do you know if tls would automatically refund me as I’ve cancelled, or do have to take an action?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2023
Arry110:

Thank you so much, I’ve screenshotted all these and will use them as future guidelines

Please do you know if tls would automatically refund me as I’ve cancelled, or do have to take an action?
Normally, after a cancellation is initiated. You have to wait for the feedbacks. Mostly in form of reversal, however if you have more issues as regards receipt of your monies, you can reach us here for more suggestions.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2023
jimcykhan:
Hi
Please how do the UK border police track immigration history. I noticed passport are stamped and fingerprint is taking on arrival. However, on departure there's no checks by border police and no stamp also on passport.

How do they track individual immigration history?

Thanks

It's because The UK is an island. wink It therefore only makes sense that those leaving don't need any stamping. It's a waste of taxpayers money. grin

They don't need to track you as an immigrant. The day the shit will hit the fan, you will be disgraced out. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 11:11am On Dec 28, 2023
Hello everyone before the holiday I did an enquiry which says awaiting decision and just yesterday after the holiday as about 2pm I did another enquiry and a message was sent around 3pm that decision has been made on my application so now how long will it take to transfer my application to VAC ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Damybams13: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2023
Beautynm1:
Hello everyone before the holiday I did an enquiry which says awaiting decision and just yesterday after the holiday as about 2pm I did another enquiry and a message was sent around 3pm that decision has been made on my application so now how long will it take to transfer my application to VAC ?

You can track again tonight, tomorrow or Saturday. It should move to vac, congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hopefully, this week. When did you do your biometrics?

Beautynm1:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
AmeliaT:
Hopefully, this week. When did you do your biometrics?

Bio was 30th November ( spouse settlement visa)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2023
Damybams13:

You can track again tonight, tomorrow or Saturday. It should move to vac, congratulations
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hello Boss and Bosses,

I need an urgent response from experience.
We applied for a brother of ours, no refusal letter or email, we got tls email last week that the passport was ready for pickup, he picked up today and didn't see any visa vignette on the passport and no refusal letter attached to the passport.

Anybody has an idea of what can be wrong and what the solution can be?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:
Hello Boss and Bosses,

I need an urgent response from experience.
We applied for a brother of ours, no refusal letter or email, we got tls email last week that the passport was ready for pickup, he picked up today and didn't see any visa vignette on the passport and no refusal letter attached to the passport.

Thanks
Send an email to UKVI support maybe. But then check your email, spam etc. If nothing, send the email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:
Visa refusal. Send a paid mail to them if you check and don’t find the note in your inbox or spam or junk mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sannies(m): 6:58am On Dec 29, 2023
Good morning Gurus in the house, and compliment of the season.
I applied for UK Visiting Visa and I was refused. Pls advice needed on reasons for the refusal.

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2-V4.6 of Appendix V because;
• You have applied to visit the UK for the purpose of visiting relatives for 21 days.
• You state you are employed with a monthly income of 242,993.58 NGN (£239.42)
with savings of 1,936,488.00 NGN (£1,908.00). I note you intend to personally spend
2,500,000.00 NGN (£2,463.22) and your monthly spending is 150,000.00 NGN
(£147.79). You intend to stay with your brother.
• In support of your application, I note your salary statements, employment documents,
bank statement from GTCO (account ending Bleep) with a closing balance of
3,478,868.39 NGN (£3,427.69) and all other relevant documents you have submitted.
• I have acknowledged that your sponsor is willing to provide adequate support for a
limited visit to the United Kingdom; however, it is your circumstances and intentions
which are paramount in assessing your application. The personal bank statements
you provided shows large cash deposits. I am not satisfied that this information
represents an accurate reflection of your personal circumstances because
your accounts show irregular deposits that are not in keeping with your stated
income. The information submitted with your application offers no insight into how
these funds were accrued. I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately
portrayed your financial circumstances. This in turn leads me to doubt your intentions
and credibility in wanting to travel on this occasion.
• Furthermore, I note your monthly disposable income is 92,998.10 NGN (£91.63). You
therefore intend to spend more than 25 months disposable income. I am not satisfied
you would be willing to spend such a disproportionate amount of your disposable
income on such a short visit to the UK. This damages the credibility of your
application. I am not satisfied your intentions to enter the UK are genuine.
• The factors mentioned above have not been taken in isolation but considered
collectively. They damage the overall credibility of your application, leading me to
doubt your intentions in seeking to visit the UK for the limited period and purpose
stated. From the information on your application form and the documents you have
submitted, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom or that you
are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Your application is therefore refused under
paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c).

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Born2conquer: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2023
Ithaca:
Good day everyone!

So my sister is graduating in July 2024 and wants to invite me to come over. I plan on applying for a 6 month visitor-visa to go on a 3-week trip, to attend her graduation and then spend the extra time visiting, so i'm thinking through the application process now.

Here is some background:

I work in a tier 1 bank and have been working there for about 6 years. In terms of income, i've been promoted a couple of times and now earn about 600k monthly, 500k quarterly lump sum allowance, 1m upfront and 1.3m leave allowance (which i can take at any point in time once i apply for leave during the year). I also have some reasonable funds in a dollar mutual fund and stock portfolio (circa $10k). I'm 27, female, single with no kids, and not much travel history (well, except a personal trip to Ghana in 2018 and a work trip to an African country in 2023). My sister intends to accommodate me for the trip, but i'll pay for my flight ticket, outings, shopping money etc etc. I am entitled to 25 leave days every year which covers my proposed 3 week trip, and i have my pension statement (going back 6 years) which has a balance of about N3m.

In terms of how i run my salary account, my monthly expenses are about 200k, and i pretty much take out about 400k for savings/investments every month (usd based because leaving it in naira is a losing bet), so its not a straightforward debit salary account, credit usd dom account, and sometimes my naira salary account goes down to as low as N10k. But my expenses are really that low (for context my biggest expense, which is rent, is 700k per annum (and i have receipts/rental agreements for this).

From everything i've seen so far, there seem to be two possible problems with my application:
1. Lack of home ties: No husband, kids or properties, the only thing tying me to Nigeria is my job. (Not sure what i will do about this except i can somehow procure a husband in Q1 2024 grin grin)
2. Salary account Usage: Account balance drops quite low periodically, and i cant directly tie every debit to the investments i'm doing (which range from dollar mutual funds, to US/UK stocks to crypto grin etc). I don't have any bulk inflows into the account though - just salary and allowances.

What do you think i can do between now and say April 2024 when i intend to turn in the application to address these flaws?

Thank you!
Apply, you will get the Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Born2conquer: 9:14am On Dec 29, 2023
Arry110:
Good people of Nairaland travel section please help me

My bank statement dey somehow,
A background- I’m a student (wrote my last university exams this December, haven’t defended my project or done my convocation )
I’m planning a Uk trip for tourism, I’m funding it myself
I own a gadget store, I buy these gadgets my self online from the us and ship them to 9ja and sell, so my bank statement for my naira account is big 100 million naira transactions in 6 months, these are payments from random customers, my dollar account I used for purchases has $44,000 transactions for 6 months too

My confusion is that neither of my statements proofs my actual income and expenditure
Looking forward to a swift reply thanks
My appointment is in 2 days
I saw this late Sha, UK is pretty straightforward and so far you can defend your transactions with evidence, and you have a balance of like 15M that hasn't been touched in the last 28days, you will get the visa. You already have a business and they know you will come back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:29am On Dec 29, 2023
Born2conquer:

I saw this late Sha, UK is pretty straightforward and so far you can defend your transactions with evidence, and you have a balance of like 15M that hasn't been touched in the last 28days, you will get the visa. You already have a business and they know you will come back
not true
Your circumstances come into play and that person’s own is all over the place.. student… business without proper documentation etc…. This and that

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2023
sannies:
Good morning Gurus in the house, and compliment of the season.
I applied for UK Visiting Visa and I was refused. Pls advice needed on reasons for the refusal.

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2-V4.6 of Appendix V because;
• You have applied to visit the UK for the purpose of visiting relatives for 21 days.
• You state you are employed with a monthly income of 242,993.58 NGN (£239.42)
with savings of 1,936,488.00 NGN (£1,908.00). I note you intend to personally spend
2,500,000.00 NGN (£2,463.22) and your monthly spending is 150,000.00 NGN
(£147.79). You intend to stay with your brother.
• In support of your application, I note your salary statements, employment documents,
bank statement from GTCO (account ending Bleep) with a closing balance of
3,478,868.39 NGN (£3,427.69) and all other relevant documents you have submitted.
• I have acknowledged that your sponsor is willing to provide adequate support for a
limited visit to the United Kingdom; however, it is your circumstances and intentions
which are paramount in assessing your application. The personal bank statements
you provided shows large cash deposits. I am not satisfied that this information
represents an accurate reflection of your personal circumstances because
your accounts show irregular deposits that are not in keeping with your stated
income. The information submitted with your application offers no insight into how
these funds were accrued
I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately
portrayed your financial circumstances. This in turn leads me to doubt your intentions
and credibility in wanting to travel on this occasion.
• Furthermore, I note your monthly disposable income is 92,998.10 NGN (£91.63). You
therefore intend to spend more than 25 months disposable income. I am not satisfied
you would be willing to spend such a disproportionate amount of your disposable
income on such a short visit to the UK.
This damages the credibility of your
application. I am not satisfied your intentions to enter the UK are genuine.

The factors mentioned above have not been taken in isolation but considered
collectively. They damage the overall credibility of your application, leading me to
doubt your intentions in seeking to visit the UK for the limited period and purpose
stated
. From the information on your application form and the documents you have
submitted, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom or that you
are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Your application is therefore refused under
paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c).

Thanks

@Born2conquer did you see this? Maybe you can assist on this application with some insights. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: TheyVid(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.