Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,577 members, 7,837,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (853136 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 9:21am On May 01
I wanna ask...I have applied for UK visit visa. Still awaiting decision. I want to use part of the POF for something urgent. Will this raise an eyebrow in my application

Please I need response...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 9:32am On May 01
Naijagram:
I wanna ask...I have applied for UK visit visa. Still awaiting decision. I want to use part of the POF for something urgent. Will this raise an eyebrow in my application

Please I need response...

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe embassy officials can only verify if the statement you submitted was a real document. By law, your bank cannot disclose your account balance to anyone, except for things like court warrants, EFCC investigations and the likes.

I believe you can remove the money without any issues, but to be on a safer side, I’d advise you to just wait until a decision is made. It shouldn’t take more than two weeks. But if it’s truly an emergency and you don’t have any other options, you should be fine if you remove the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrMagnetic: 10:02am On May 01
Hello friends, I have a questions...

1. Can I open a new account and call it salary account. Then, ask the organisation I work with to be sending my salary to the account on a particular day. It will show in the statement that the money is from the organisation.

2. I have other side hustle. Can I include the bank statement too. It's personal savings account. Should I rather use a company account. I have a CAC registered business with a sole proprietorship bank account. But, I don't usually use it to collect payments.

3. After submitting the bank statement of the account in no 1, should I also submit payment vouchers of my salary, if yes, for how many months? I understand that the bank statement is 6 months prior to visa application.

4. The salary in no 1 is N350,000 per month. Is this enough?

5. My side hustle fetches me at least N600,000 per month.

6. My monthly expenses for my entire family and rent is at least N300,000.

7. I intend to stay for two week. I'm going for a conference related to my profession. I'm not a speaker at the conference.

8. I will be staying in a friend's house in the UK. Is this ok?

9. With my salary and side hustle, is it better to get my employer or family member to sponsor my trip?

10. I stated that my trip with visa, flight, etc will cost me £3000.

11. I want to apply for 6 months visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:44am On May 01
CptWalter:
Hey guys, not sure if this has been asked before, I have combed through the threads and couldn't see any similar query.

For student visa application, after paying IHS and visa fees, can i remove the POF or it has to remain until the visa comes out?

Leave the money!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Naijagram(m): 12:01pm On May 01
crackcrack:

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe embassy officials can only verify if the statement you submitted was a real document. By law, your bank cannot disclose your account balance to anyone, except for things like court warrants, EFCC investigations and the likes.

I believe you can remove the money without any issues, but to be on a safer side, I’d advise you to just wait until a decision is made. It shouldn’t take more than two weeks. But if it’s truly an emergency and you don’t have any other options, you should be fine if you remove the money.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apowers: 3:46pm On May 01
I doubt, it only applies to 28 days rule and 31 Days POF length
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikeayus(m): 4:10pm On May 01
Apowers:
I doubt, it only applies to 28 days rule and 31 Days POF length

Please can you explain this better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 4:22pm On May 01
MrMagnetic:
Hello Cashmadam, please can I have a private chat with you? Thank you.

Please Me too @Cashmadam 🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamDozzy(m): 4:41pm On May 01
drdamy:

Still like this ikeja

How did you sort this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:26pm On May 01
Nnekkyneks:

Please Me too @Cashmadam 🙏

I'm sorry. I no longer engage people outside this forum - for security reasons. I hope you understand.

Please understand that I want to help but for my own safety, I no longer do that outside Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:32pm On May 01
MrMagnetic:
Hello friends, I have a questions...

1. Can I open a new account and call it salary account. Then, ask the organisation I work with to be sending my salary to the account on a particular day. It will show in the statement that the money is from the organisation. - Yes

2. I have other side hustle. Can I include the bank statement too. It's personal savings account. Should I rather use a company account. I have a CAC registered business with a sole proprietorship bank account. But, I don't usually use it to collect payments. - You cannot use a company account as POF for visa purposes

3. After submitting the bank statement of the account in no 1, should I also submit payment vouchers of my salary, if yes, for how many months? I understand that the bank statement is 6 months prior to visa application. - You can submit payslips for 6 months

4. The salary in no 1 is N350,000 per month. Is this enough? - Maybe, maybe not. Depends on so many other factors

5. My side hustle fetches me at least N600,000 per month. - that's okay but you need a lot of documents to present for side hustle. It's usually easier to use the documents from your regular job

6. My monthly expenses for my entire family and rent is at least N300,000. - that is okay. That's your reality. However, you need more income to present a healthy financial status

7. I intend to stay for two week. I'm going for a conference related to my profession. I'm not a speaker at the conference. - two weeks for a conference? Most last only a couple of days...

8. I will be staying in a friend's house in the UK. Is this ok? - Yes.

9. With my salary and side hustle, is it better to get my employer or family member to sponsor my trip? - You need to sponsor yourself. You are an adult and working. It will be difficult to explain why somebody else is sponsoring you - unless it's the organization you work for

10. I stated that my trip with visa, flight, etc will cost me £3000 - you can reduce that to about GBP 2,000. You don't need GBP 3,000 if you have free accomodation

11. I want to apply for 6 months visa.- that's fine
- that's fine

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:34pm On May 01
iamDozzy:
Please how do I book an appointment with TLS. The book appointment option is greyed out. When I click on amen. It does not proceed to check out

Have you sorted this out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 11:06pm On May 01
I understand thank you so much honestly u hv been of great help i wish i came here in 2022 the last time i applied. I have a question am still expecting a response.
note that your POF will be assessed as of the dateyou submitted your form - not the day of your biometrics... (pls throw more light i dont understand)
What document can one use to support profit sharing so its not categorised as account padding
I also i observed that these whites are very emotional, i want to include in my letter that the trip is a gift for our anniversary to me and kids and my husband and I will take another one just us later in the year. To another country. Will this appeal to their emotions?

Thank you ma
Cashmadam:

I'm sorry. I no longer engage people outside this forum - for security reasons. I hope you understand.

Please understand that I want to help but for my own safety, I no longer do that outside Nairaland.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:24pm On May 01
Nnekkyneks:
I understand thank you so much honestly u hv been of great help i wish i came here in 2022 the last time i applied. I have a question am still expecting a response.
note that your POF will be assessed as of the dateyou submitted your form - not the day of your biometrics... (pls throw more light i dont understand) - I meant that the money you have as proof of funds for the trip will be assessed as of the date you submitted your online visa form. E.g. If you submitted your form on 1 April and had N5Million in your account, that is what will be assessed. If you now have your biometric on 1 May and have N10Million in your account, that N10Million will not be assessed. I hope I make sense.
What document can one use to support profit sharing so its not categorised as account padding - If profit sharing is part of your employment contract, that is enough evidence. The narration when it is paid into your account will also help.
I also i observed that these whites are very emotional, i want to include in my letter that the trip is a gift for our anniversary to me and kids and my husband and I will take another one just us later in the year. To another country. Will this appeal to their emotions? - That is fine. They expect you to always have a main purpose for the trip so that will work.

Thank you ma - You are most welcome!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 5:24am On May 02
3 gbosa for Cashmadam! Gbosa! Gbosa! Gbosa!
You are too much, infact I nominate you for Nigerian president. grin
Thank you so much. I am grateful. May God send u helpers in ur time of need.

[quote author=Cashmadam post=129739078][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrMagnetic: 8:09am On May 02
Cashmadam:
- that's fine

5. My side hustle fetches me at least N600,000 per month. - that's okay but you need a lot of documents to present for side hustle. It's usually easier to use the documents from your regular job

- What kind of documents. I consult for organisations in area of media (website design, digital marketing and live streaming). That's my side gig.

6. My monthly expenses for my entire family and rent is at least N300,000. - that is okay. That's your reality. However, you need more income to present a healthy financial status

- What should I do to present a healthy financial status? Submit my bank statement for my side hustle?

7. I intend to stay for two week. I'm going for a conference related to my profession. I'm not a speaker at the conference. - two weeks for a conference? Most last only a couple of days...

- I intend to stay with my friend for a few more days after the conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by drdamy(m): 9:01am On May 02
How are y’all getting appointment date, I’ve been checking for over one week now Ikeja, June 12 estimated traveling date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 10:54am On May 02
drdamy:
How are y’all getting appointment date, I’ve been checking for over one week now Ikeja, June 12 estimated traveling date

Wait till midnight, I was able to pick a date (29/04) for mine on the 18th/04 after searching all day.
This is my observation though, I hope it helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamDozzy(m): 11:06am On May 02
Cashmadam:

Have you sorted this out?

Yes, apparently those dates/time slits were not available, SO I had to pay for a flexi time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 12:50pm On May 02
Wow am planning on getting in May salary b4 I submit and also get a date on the.13th of June.
What is d date between submission and available date for biometrics
I don't mind VI
Pls what dates are currently available?
AyodejiGREAT:

Wait till midnight, I was able to pick a date (29/04) for mine on the 18th/04 after searching all day.
This is my observation though, I hope it helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 1:01pm On May 02
Hello, please when granted approval, the 6 months starts from day of submission or when?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:20pm On May 02
Nnekkyneks:

3 gbosa for Cashmadam! Gbosa! Gbosa! Gbosa!
You are too much, infact I nominate you for Nigerian president. grin
Thank you so much. I am grateful. May God send u helpers in ur time of need.

Amen, amen and amen!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:25pm On May 02
MrMagnetic:

- What kind of documents. I consult for organisations in area of media (website design, digital marketing and live streaming). That's my side gig. - If you can provide documents to support this

- What should I do to present a healthy financial status? Submit my bank statement for my side hustle? - you can do that.

- I intend to stay with my friend for a few more days after the conference. - okay. Ensure you state that

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:29pm On May 02
tuco02:
Hello, please when granted approval, the 6 months starts from day of submission or when?

It can be anytime. The date usually starts about a week or two before the intended travel date you put in your form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zind: 1:51pm On May 02
Hello House,

I am writing to seek assistance in filling out the UK application form regarding the annual earnings from my business. As a business owner, I want to ensure that I provide accurate information on the form.

I operate on a profit-sharing basis with another director, which can make determining my exact earnings a bit complex. I have attached the available balance on my statement for your reference.

I kindly ask for your guidance in accurately completing the form to avoid any errors. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zind: 1:54pm On May 02
Hello House,

I am writing to seek assistance in filling out the UK application form regarding the annual earnings from my business. As a business owner, I want to ensure that I provide accurate information on the form.

I operate on a profit-sharing basis with another director, which can make determining my exact earnings a bit complex. I have attached the available balance on my statement for your reference.

I kindly ask for your guidance in accurately completing the form to avoid any errors. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 2:17pm On May 02
zind:
Hello House,

For me, I would keep it simple.

Your assumed share of the business earnings is: deposits - opening balance / 5 Months (November 2023 to April 2024)

i.e N32M - N2.4M / 5 Months

Approx N5.92M a month

However, that is what we assume is your share from what the business earned - not what you are paid every month.

You should pay yourself a monthly salary from the business. That monthly salary is your monthly income and that is what you will use for your visa form. Now, apart from your monthly salary, you should compute your monthly expenses - to get your monthly disposable income.

Two things are important - your monthly salary and your monthly disposable income.

If you have not been paying yourself a monthly salary, you need to start now and do that for at least 6 months. Also, track your monthly expenses for at least 6 months. We will take it from there...

I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apowers: 5:03pm On May 02
mikeayus:

Please can you explain this better

The POF money must be in ur account for 28 Consecutive Days. Minus the day you started the POF and start counting from there
For Example you started your POF on the 3rd of May, you start counting 28 days from the 4th of May.
When this 28days rule is complete. You download this Bank statement and apply for your CAS.
If ur CAS comes out fast within the period u printed your bank statement and it is not up to 31 days. U can use the same Bank Statement and apply for ur Visa. This thing is very straightforward...
Don't spend too much money for wanting to save ur POF for up to 2 months..

MIND THE 28DAYS RULE AND 31DAYS DAY...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrMagnetic: 5:49pm On May 02
[quote author=Cashmadam post=129747197][/quote]

What kind of documents. I consult for organisations in area of media (website design, digital marketing and live streaming). That's my side gig. - If you can provide documents to support this.

Please, what EXACTLY kind of documents so that I can gather them? Give me a clue. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikeayus(m): 5:49pm On May 02
Apowers:

The POF money must be in ur account for 28 Consecutive Days. Minus the day you started the POF and start counting from there
For Example you started your POF on the 3rd of May, you start counting 28 days from the 4th of May.
When this 28days rule is complete. You download this Bank statement and apply for your CAS.
If ur CAS comes out fast within the period u printed your bank statement and it is not up to 31 days. U can use the same Bank Statement and apply for ur Visa. This thing is very straightforward...
Don't spend too much money for wanting to save ur POF for up to 2 months..

MIND THE 28DAYS RULE AND 31DAYS DAY...

Hi....thanks for this detailed response.
However, I'm assuming this only applies to student visa applications, or does it apply to visit visa applications too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EngrBlack(m): 5:52pm On May 02
Hello house,

I have to do my biometrics on May 5th, 2024, for my UK visa. But I also have exams on May 22nd, and I need my passport for ID verification.

Will I get my UK visa before my exams so I can have my passport back in time?"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BiyiTudors: 6:01pm On May 02
Just do keep my passport service to be safe

EngrBlack:
Hello house,

I have to do my biometrics on May 5th, 2024, for my UK visa. But I also have exams on May 22nd, and I need my passport for ID verification.

Will I get my UK visa before my exams so I can have my passport back in time?"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: moruff77, roak, LadyCaplin and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.