Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? (886 Views)

Here Is The Woman Who Fought For The Right To Be A Prostitute, See Photo / Is It Right To Pay Back My Ex This Way? / Man Lay Curses On His Girlfriend & Mom For Dumping After Training Her (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Nnsube: 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good day guys.
This is my first attempt posting here.
Things were going well for me untill I had this gruesome accident last year. I was at the hospital for the whole of last year.
Throughout my recovery my girlfriend though we were in different states was always in touch.
I lost my job and my savings to treatment.
To the glory of God I am back on my feet, my intention was to change location and start all over again this year.
My girlfriend's mom is a successful entrepreneur, she's aware we are dating as the daughter has told her everything about me, the setback and our plans.
My girlfriend manages a section of her business and she's asked me to join her instead of traveling now for some jobs I am not sure of.
Please, i want to know if it is right to join her?
Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
You are about to loose guard. You will loose your value

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Patented: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
i would not say it is wrong strictly. rather i would say it is not advisable. you know pwoplw generally say dont mix biz with pleasure (e get why).

tjhat option sbhould be an absolute last resort in my opinion. even then still not advisable.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
It's better to be a man while trying to manup than to be emasculated by she and her mom. Forget ego, the downside of this decision far outweigh any perceived gain.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by mystery22: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2022
Don't..
First she will make sure you marry her daughter,after that you will see the other side of them...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
There is nothing wrong in working for your Inlaw! What if you were already working for her b4 you met the daughter, you would resign? Respect yourself and be professional, treat the job as job, bring value. Should you decide to chop shit, it depends on the level of self esteem you have left. Dem no tie your navel for there, should it become toxic, you quit na!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Shedrack777: 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
your girlfriend's mom? even if she cheated, you can't break up with her because you'll be tagged an ungrateful bastard

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Qatar2022: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
Nnsube:
Good day guys.
Things were going well for me untill I had this gruesome accident last year. I was at the hospital for the whole of last year.
Throughout my recovery my girlfriend though we were in different states was always in touch.
To the glory of God I am back on my feet, my intention was to change location and start all over again this year.
My girlfriend's mom is a successful entrepreneur, she's aware we are dating as the daughter has told her everything about me, the setback and our plans.
My girlfriend manages a section of her business and she's asked me to join her instead of traveling now for some jobs I am not sure of.
Give it a try nothing is permanent in this life

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
A wise man once said that, "Mixing business and pleasure never ends well, unless the pleasure is the business or the business is the pleasure" undecided...

That wise man is me of course grin cheesy

But on a serious note Sha...
I'd rather work for a total stranger and collect peanuts than work for my girlfriend's mum for any amount undecided...

That's because you would have to overlook allot of things and probably will lose your respect in the long run... You may have to deal with the fact that your relationship life with her will definitely become a business gossip and if for any reason you have a misunderstanding with her, whether or not you're at fault, you could very well lose your job and earn the tag "ungrateful person" undecided...

But if things are really tight with you at the moment, start working with the woman while you look for a job...

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Bouncing2(m): 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
Guyman if you're a man of self worth,, full of ego like me,,nor try am.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by cooljude(m): 3:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
If the pay is very very good.... My brother go ahead but put in mind that your relationship is standing on shaking ground.
Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
OP, abort mission, I repeat abort mission angry

Hustle as a man and you'll have values and respect. Don't make the mistake of staying or working with your gf else, they go see you finish!! You'll so lose your value and respect and you'll eventually end up becoming worthless to them.

OP, life no be nollywood. To earn respect from people. You need to be f*cking scares and must avoid see finish. Travel and hustle but don't join ur gf.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by posty56: 4:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
Nnsube:
Good day guys.
make them no turn you to boy boy oo the last thing you want is too be in a woman's pocket, trust me it hardly ends well
Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by joinnow: 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
Las Las your mother-in-law
Will sing for you
If you no get money hid your face
Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Aguilar(m): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
I don't support it and i feel like it's a bad idea, you know being tied to them and depriving you of your own freedom. Though they may be nice to you but nothing nice or good lasts forever. Expect screw ups from them.
Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by helinues: 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
You can take up the job temporary just to back on your feet. But it shouldn't be a permanent thing cos na see me see finish
Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Whois(m): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
Avoid see finish.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by Truvelisback(m): 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
It's not rice, it is beans.
Re: Is It Right To Work For My Girlfriend's Mom? by ybalogs(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
It's obvious your gf loves you but working for her mum can lead to a lot of things. The decision will always be yours but if you have an alternative just go for it.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Girlfriend, Tell Him To Stop Using Your Picture As DP / My Diary❤️... Initiation phase / I Want To Know Different ,between Female And Male Condom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.