Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim (4936 Views)

Is It A Bad Thing To Love Someone Genuinely / What Is The Best Thing To Do When You Approach A Girl And She Doesn't Respond / Being Shy: Is this a Good or Bad Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by SUKURU(m): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2011
pls i need serious advice on these issue. i have these girl am going out with, she is a Muslim and i in the other hand am a Christina. we started over a year now and all was cool between us but of late her people fine out about the relationship, and ask her to pull out which she did at forts but after 2 months she later came back, for me i love her and love to marry her. but for now we are in a hide and see relationship what should i do? am i to end it or continue with her pls i need advice. embarassed
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by MsSophista(f): 10:31am On Jun 23, 2011
Is she willing to convert to Christianity? She defied her advisers in going back. So her muslim spiritual foundation may be weak. The bible says do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Some rel issues can be compromised but not Christian beliefs. Pray & seek God
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by SUKURU(m): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2011
[color=#000099]Is she willing to convert to Christianity? She defied her advisers in going back. So her muslim spiritual foundation may be weak. The bible says do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Some rel issues can be compromised but not Christian beliefs. Pray & seek God

i always look more of the personal thing than religion.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by upendo98(f): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2011
The problem is not really the person but the baggage that comes with a particular religion.
It carries practices that many find unpalatable. Think about family gatherings,naming kids,funerals etc.Each religion has its way of doing stuff.
Just be wise,take it slowly and don't compromise the good. You have no idea to what extent some relatives can go to make things not happen for people however good.
Pray too.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by SUKURU(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2011
she say she can convert to a Christina if i want but i never want her to convert because i ask her but if she love my way of life with that it will not that i force her. i always want my characters to speak of my religion.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by realuv4u(m): 11:21am On Jun 23, 2011
Once there is love between u I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Religion should be a personal thing, moreover we are serving the same God
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by HURUCHI(m): 11:27am On Jun 23, 2011
it is not bad to date a muslim but pls sec d parents approvals and know y day don't want u with her
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by indie22(f): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2011
Im actually going through thesame thing as well, im dating this really great guy who is a muslim. He's totally gets and completes me in every way, we have our ish like any other couple but we somehow have been able to stay happy together.

Problem is , he is muslim and i am a christian, i am from anambra and he is idoma, honestly my folks dont have a problem with us and although they would prefer me in a christian home, they are happy to give their blessings, his family on the other hand is the problem. they dont want to hear it, they have no intention of attending a church wedding, he has made it clear he will never follow me to church and if and when we get married our kids will be muslims, see wahala!!  

But i love him and i know he loves me too, so im thinking, can this ish work
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by SUKURU(m): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
indie22
i was thinking my to be a problem but all i can say is, are you ready to be come a Muslim, for me she say she will convert willingly and am cool with it.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by MMM2(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
Op
Pls i carry GOD name beg u,
Dont marry a muslim lady.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by indie22(f): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2011
M M M:

Op
Dont marry a muslim lady.

And why is that a problem?
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by SUKURU(m): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
m.m
Dont marry a muslim lady, m

pls why?
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by tpia5: 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2011
poster do you mean christian or is your girlfriend's name christina.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by simpleseyi: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
I am a muslim and married to a christian woman. Not just a church-goer but a true christian and by GOD's grace we are very happy together.

The bible says "do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers" Please what passage of the bible says that "Muslims are unbelievers" ? Mind you, we muslims are not begging to marry you christians, it is a matter of convenience. So, if you cannot marry a muslim, please get a church-goer from the numerous churches around. NO BE BY FORCE NA! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by MsSophista(f): 3:24am On Jun 24, 2011
I believe it is a personal decision to have a rel with God too. But most if not all our decisions affect & involve others to various degrees. Plz pray & seek God
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by pleep(m): 6:05am On Jun 24, 2011
If you both belive in one God.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by balkis08: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
no, it not Bad to date a muslim but in the order side, you still have to see to the advice
of your parent. my dear,
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
@topic: Absolutely not! cheesy
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by babeface3: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
The most important thing is the will of God. It could be His will that you marry him/her for his/her salvation. If you are led, there is really nothing wrong with marrying a muslim. I was in the same dilemma but sought the will of God. Was later properly directed. A christian should not just see things from the physical.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by swaggerboi2011: 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2011
indie22:

Im actually going through thesame thing as well, im dating this really great guy who is a muslim. He's totally gets and completes me in every way, we have our ish like any other couple but we somehow have been able to stay happy together.

Problem is , he is muslim and i am a christian, i am from anambra and he is idoma, honestly my folks dont have a problem with us and although they would prefer me in a christian home, they are happy to give their blessings, his family on the other hand is the problem. they dont want to hear it, they have no intention of attending a church wedding, he has made it clear he will never follow me to church and if and when we get married our kids will be muslims, see wahala!!  

But i love him and i know he loves me too, so im thinking, can this ish work
that is really way too dangerous being a girl because after marriage , you are going to the man's house, you have to be in good terms with his family to avoid lots of maltreating and others, bad things may happen so i think you either rethink, chill and wait for his family approval fidt, or pray to God to show you if he is right for you first before decide.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Spclst900: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2011
poster

me for no even go there at all
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by mamagee3(f): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2011
How can it be a bad thing to date a muslim?

Last time I checked muslims are human beings like everyone of us.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by UcheCuba: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
Have you ever heard of honour killings?

If not please go and find out!

Muslims DONT joke with somebody trying to convert a muslim to christianity!

They will kill you and kill their sister too without blinking!!

The earlier you leave that girl the safer and healthier for you!!!

Love has nothing to do with feelings, 1 Cor. 13!!!!!
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by namfav(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2011
muslim women cannot date non-muslim men and dating for us is not permisable

sorry
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by nwabuking5(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2011
in a case like this it use to be easy and love at the early stage, but when u fully and finally entered into it. is that time the problem comes in.
and from experience i have see many time family of that nature end at the middle of the road where there is no going forward or backward. at that point u see blamings all over the place. so the advice is that dint use because just LOVE and enter into what u can not end
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by nwabuking5(m): 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2011
don't be wiser than God who knows early that Abraham and lot are not made to be together. that makes Him God separated them early because he know the problems it is going to cause in the future that make him the wise God to put a separation. even on that the whole world is in trouble today.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Kasiem2: 8:13am On Jun 26, 2011
@op, see u see boko haram. Pls listen to M M M
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Bukittes(f): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
Been there, done that, seen that and i really dont have regrets getting out. I have met Muslims that were really nice in my life - 2 prescisely! One i dated for like 11yrs cos we started from secondary school till we both graduated and the other I met after sometime again and dated for like 3yrs. When the issue of marriage comes up I always bail out cos ab-initio, i tell them i cannot marry a non - Christian. Its never been easy o cos i loved them both and they were nice and right for me in all ramification but u see morality can't be traded for salvation and moreso religion is a way of life and the best way u know is the one u have treaded all ur life. I believe in my religion and will not compromise it even for marriage, cos at the end its not really worth it cos u can't get all the fulfillment u desire in a marriage. Marriage has its own challenges and why should I open my eyes and enter into a battle I know I can never win as a woman? Please be guided and choose for your life what's most important. I commend you to God and His guidance.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by simpleseyi: 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2011
Please always bear in mind that we muslims are not begging to marry you christians because muslim girls are not in shortage. Remember also that the bible did not say that muslims are un-believers so the statement "be not be unevenly yoked with an un-believer" does not refer to muslims.

I repeat, we muslims are not begging to marry you christians. I am sure you all can work in a companies owned by Dangote, Dantata and take contracts from muslims including Fashola, Tinubu, MKO Abiola e.t.c Why dont you avoid muslims so that you will not be unevenly yoked with an believers.

HYPOCRITES are HIPOPOT[b]ANUSES[/b]

1 Like

Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by Nautillus(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ehhhhhnnnnn, !!!!!

Error, let her go now oh, Trust me, you dont wanna go that road,

JUST LET HER GO NOW,
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by MMM2(m): 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2011
Becos light and darkness has nothing 2 do together.
Re: Is It A Bad Thing To Date A Muslim by max123as: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2012
my guy 4 your own good you better quit that relationship because it will not lead you 2 anywhere.... am telling u this out of experience. i was once a Muslim, it will never work or else u have to convert to a Muslim.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toasting A Girl In The Midst Of Her Friends / Leaked:teenage Boy Exposes Sugar Mummy On Social Media [SEE PHOTOS / 5 Signs That Say Someone Finds You Attractive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.