Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (25889 Views)

List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Kingbenn(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Studied biology in the university but guess what? I'm now a farmer and a filmmaker, still exploring other sectors of the economy. No course is useless.

My advice is, to learn a skill alongside your studies while in school and make sure you practice what you've learned. You will thank me laterr

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by DadiShege(m): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Please, assist me with anything �

Access bank

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Tbasicme: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Jecci:
Abeg Biology too.
The course does it have prospects

It does na. You can do your masters in genetics or virology and work in a research institute
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by sirjustice1575(m): 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
Political Science still remains the best course anyone can study.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Guavo: 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
The lucky ones among them are doing make-up or selling hair online. The luckier ones got married and followed whatever life throws at them.

The unlucky ones joined feminists' movements and are taking out their frustrations on men.

6 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Guavo: 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
sirjustice1575:

A very useless course !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by methodbabs(m): 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
I work as human resource manager in Nigerian port authority as a sociologist.

9 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Datboredberrry(f): 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Sociology is officially the most useless course on Earth! I advice my students to rewrite JAMB the next year if they are offered courses like Sociology, Philosophy, etc with no chance to cross to a more meaningful course in 200l.
IT courses are the only way out.
All those History, Philosophy, Sociology na gateway to poverty

4 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by arthurwillia(m): 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
One dey work with childcare now
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Maxxim: 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Alaga Iduro
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Maxxim: 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Datboredberrry:

cheesy
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Gnas1(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Any university other than OAU should be okay
justebuka:

I was thinking in criminology (academics)

And please which university is advisable terms of employment after the program
School fees and
Duration of the program
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by zxxtx: 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
I just graduated… I don cross go tech ���
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by zxxtx: 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gnas1:
Any university other than OAU should be okay

Lol
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Karleb(m): 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
sirjustice1575:

gringringrin
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Lawize: 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
Financial services aka Banking.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by zakkxx: 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
Make sure u have a skill or business added to this course because it is not marketable!! Na women this course they fit because another man go carry her finances no depend on only this course oooo without back Up plan except u u are staying abroad

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:
Am a student of sociology and currently feeling insured because of the labour market.

I was thinking of going for my MSC in other to become a lecturer
Any advice?
switch to HR

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Ibrahim94(m): 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Datboredberrry:
IT courses are the only way out.

Depends on your connection.

My friend that studied History, is now working with Nigeria Port Authority. Another one is working with Federal Inland Revenue Service.

I'm currently working in a private firm as an administrative Officer and got Chartered as an HR from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. From January till last week I've gotten an HR position in a great organization but I'm been selective now.

Please, just try to get a good grade and support it with certification and connect with right people in your career path.

4 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
Psychologists will work in Psycho companies

While Sociologists will work in social medias e.g WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, even 2go !

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
post=110036167:
A bachelor degree in sociology serves as an excellent springboard for a variety of careers in many diverse fields

With additional study beyond a bachelor's in sociology, majors in this field can also go on to pursue careers in social work, law, market research, counseling, public relations, polling, media planning, and other areas.

No knowledge is ever lost but the hard truth remains
that, no one with any kind of degree is going to walk into a job.

We Rise.

YOU HAVE NO REASONABLE ADVICE TO GIVE. YOU ARE JUST BLABBING
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Dickson44: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
What of Philosophy graduates
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by H2ho(m): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
methodbabs:
I work as human resource manager in Nigerian port authority as a sociologist.
Apapa or Marina?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Bruno531(m): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Imstrong2:
With the right connection no course is useless in nig
you have said it all. Once you have connection you can make it this country

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by zakkxx: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
kumulus:

A good philosopher will always sell, strike the noble subject off your list please. What disrespect!
you no go hear word now till u begin de find work your eye go clear!! Na women course ooooooo!!! Even we wey do Architecture and Quantity surveying you must be very good at diff design software ooo but at least people must build house no matter the hunger!! Be wise ooo

3 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Adakintroy: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Am doing okada business.

Say hi" to Weber, Spencer and Max. I try to fly their flag.but Nigeria strong pass their social theories. Bele first.

4 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Ajanii(m): 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
I actually had to log in to nairaland to post this comment. I’m a graduate of sociology and I have a masters in Criminology. I actually decided to study sociology simply because i wanted to join the military or one of the paramilitary outfits. But in this Nigeria, I can boldly tell you for free that nobody gets these jobs as a graduate based on merit. What you can get on merit is a lower rank or recruit and you’ll have to ditch your Bsc/Msc and apply with your WAEC or Primary school certificate and that’s the shittiest thing to do. If you want to be a lecturer then you should start your masters immediately after your service and try to get good grades and proceed to PHd. Another option is to learn other skills so you can fit into other fields like HR, Logistics and Procurement, Customer relations, etc. Most of my classmates from school are presently working in fields totally different from what we studied. Some are in banks, some are teachers in good schools, some are lecturers and the wisest of us all don japa. If you can japa too, please do!
I have other things to tell you but you’ll learn on the hustle. Goodluck my brother

8 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by respectfully: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sociology a useless course. I'm now a scavenger now. I studied sociology and anthropology.

1 Like

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by sunnyside16(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Sociology is officially the most useless course on Earth! I advice my students to rewrite JAMB the next year if they are offered courses like Sociology, Philosophy, etc with no chance to cross to a more meaningful course in 200l.

Just say in Nigeria, we don't value Psychologist and Sociologist.

2 Likes

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by ItzladyP24(f): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Thatz a huge lie. They can work in NGOs. No be by certificate na sabificicate. What skills do have. They can enroll for free online courses like project management, nutrition, logistic and commodity management, monitoring & evaluation, data analysis, data science, humanitarian courses etc. Then enroll for public health (Msc/Mph) or Health management and while at it volunteer/intern for an NGO to gain experience. By the time you package your c.v, you will go places.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by ItzladyP24(f): 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Thatz a huge lie. They can work in NGOs. No be by certificate na sabificate. What skills do have. They can enroll for free online courses like project management, nutrition, logistic and commodity management, monitoring & evaluation, data analysis, data science, humanitarian courses etc. Then enroll for public health (Msc/Mph) or Health management and while at it volunteer/intern for an NGO to gain experience. By the time you package your c.v, you will go places.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Your Admission Status Via Jamb Website / Please I Need Waec Timetable Urgently / Easy Ways To Pass Your Courses... From A Bad Boy With A Good Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.