Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (25991 Views)

List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Oceanjagaban: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Sociology is officially the most useless course on Earth! I advice my students to rewrite JAMB the next year if they are offered courses like Sociology, Philosophy, etc with no chance to cross to a more meaningful course in 200l.

Lack of connect....if you like read fulani language,you will get a good job in thebest place you can find....na just connect and hard luck go hinder you....you can still study a professional course and be jobless too

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Uyi168: 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
Imstrong2:
With the right connection no course is useless in nig
but only a very microscopic few of us have this connection.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by ItzladyP24(f): 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Sociology is officially the most useless course on Earth! I advice my students to rewrite JAMB the next year if they are offered courses like Sociology, Philosophy, etc with no chance to cross to a more meaningful course in 200l.

That's a huge lie. They can work in NGOs. No be by certificate na sabificate. What skills do have. They can enroll for free online courses like project management, nutrition, logistic and commodity management, monitoring & evaluation, data analysis, data science, humanitarian courses etc. Then enroll for public health (M.Sc/Mph) or Health management and while at it volunteer/intern for an NGO to gain experience. By the time you package your c.v, you will go places.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Starz825(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:
Am a student of sociology and currently feeling insured because of the labour market.

I was thinking of going for my MSC in other to become a lecturer
Any advice?
Most sociologists are bankers now...

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by nuhuslim(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
The transportation sector of lagos state
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by lolu2019: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
NwaIgboBoy:
Psychologists will work in Psycho companies

While Sociologists will work in social medias e.g WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, even 2go !
olosho don occupy their space. School nah scam
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Mo10go(m): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
Well, I'll urge you to be optimistic about yourself and the course, this country is far more than having bad impression about your course, I was very mad when I was given Adult Education back then in university because I never heard of it before and it doesn't sound good to me but believe me today, I'm working in a company here in Lagos and my salary is 100k plus so follow your heart and be nice to what you choose.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by BJanta: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:
Am a student of sociology and currently feeling insured because of the labour market.

Any advice?

This is a dead course , a long with others. You yourself know. It has always been a dead. The best option for you is to find admission for a law degree in the US , Canada or Britain, if you can afford it. But security agencies in Nigeria will give you employment if you're not over age.Otherwise ,go and take loan from Fairmoney or Momo ,buy okada and begin to enjoy your life.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by OBALOLA55(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dickson44:
What of Philosophy graduates
DSS FBI CIA

PHILOSOPHY IS A VERY BIG COURSE IN THE UNITED STATES
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Afonasa(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
I thought as much when I was about entering school, thanks to God I did something else.like sociology, they are many useless course in schools and students are celebrated when they get admitted into those courses

Freelancing gets better with good gigs and great reviews,And if not you ain't doing it right,and that's where I come in to help u get it right even as a newbie. Check my signature for more info
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by capricornlady: 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sociologists are doing very well. They are human resource managers, administrative personnels, executive assistants, customer service manager in banks, bank branch managers. It is not by course this days, it's majorly by your experience and what you have upstairs in your brain. As a sociologists you should be able to fit in or work in different sectors and earn good pay.

People that studied sociology are doing very well in different sectors.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by olaBanks(m): 3:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:

Any advice?

Sociology offers you the avenue to study human beings in groups, their interaction and how society shapes their behavior. The prospects of Sociology is limited in Nigeria but depending on the skills you possess (through self development) you can work in various places. Specifically, a graduate of Sociology can work in:
i. Public Service - Teaching/Lecturing, Police, Customs
ii. Public Complaints Units: Servicom ...
iii. Human Resources
iv. IGO/NGO
v. Media: Journalism, OAP, Compere and so on.
Gender based Organizations: Mirabel Center, ...

Most importantly, for a course like Sociology, the need to be self developed (up skill) so as to attract desired jobs. Imagine that you a graduate of Sociology and can
i. Manipulate large data
ii. Can speak eloquently and write to make the readers spell bound or
iii. Tech savvy and has large social media followings.

The above skills will offers you the opportunity to work and earn good pay irrespective of your course. So, brace up and know what you are doing.

The current DG/NAPTIP studied Sociology, DG/NPA and some other notable persons did study the course too. No course is useless except the individual who studied that course put his brain to less use.

Ji..Masun.... Welcome to the real World.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by respectfully: 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
joyandfaith:

Do your msc in social work. Hot cake!!!
social work is the best social science course today

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by greenmouse(m): 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Learn Digital marketing and blogging, content creations.

Visit : www.greenmousetech.com
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by bayelsaowei(m): 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

grin....Nigeria na wa
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by izubext007: 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
If is better please g0
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by ikorodureporta: 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:

Any advice?
For naija you can work anywhere.
Just try all means to get two one or first class to save stress
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by respectfully: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:

Any advice?
sociology is z useless course. I studied sociology and anthropology with good grade but today I'm into scavenging. I graduated since 2012. I want to reapply for social work. Social work is the best social science course now. I wouldn't mind starting from 100level despite my age.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Rosekin2009: 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Just get your certificate, you can work anywhere.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Amhappy(f): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ibrahim94:

Depends on your connection.

My friend that studied History, is now working with Nigeria Port Authority. Another one is working with Federal Inland Revenue Service.

I'm currently working in a private firm as an administrative Officer and got Chartered as an HR from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. From January till last week I've gotten an HR position in a great organization but I'm been selective now.

Please, just try to get a good grade and support it with certification and connect with right people in your career path.

Please what's the process to switch to HR. Someone close to me studied Sociology and it's not palatable.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by adecz: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
No job guarantees for any course
in our Nigeria of today.

If you no get connection, even
Medicine, engineering or law no
be 100%.⭕️⭕️⭕️

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by edoairways: 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Nigeria, it relevant in other countries
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by bigcasava1(m): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Am a graduate of sociology, but am working in one of the top security organization in Nigeria. So God should be your focus.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
You better go and join Police or any other government paramilitary establishment. Your choice of becoming a lecturer is another option.
justebuka:

Any advice?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by jojo1415: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Work as a bouncer at Hustle and Bustle club Abuja

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by TheSpellChecker: 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:

Any advice?

My God!!!

What kind of graduate is this?

Your grammar is so poor.

What a shame!!!

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by treatise: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

No course is useless but the individuals that study them: even Archeology can make you relate with global leaders if you know your onions. You can study aeronautics and still end up being a classroom teacher. Give you best shot at anything in life!
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Ibrahim94(m): 4:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
Amhappy:

Please what's the process to switch to HR. Someone close to me studied Sociology and it's not palatable.

Try to register to Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. While running the program, try to get an Internship position in a well structured Organization. However, you can still get an HR position with your Sociology but what can put you in the track is being Chartered by the Institute.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by okoroemeka(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
LordIsaac:
No one can really say "this is where I'm working..." Why?
my cousin that even had a poor result in sociology is now working with an oyibo oil services company that are currently renovating the refinary in Port Harcourt,it is not about the course you did it is how long is your legs
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by olaBanks(m): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
respectfully:
sociology is z useless course. I studied sociology and anthropology with good grade but today I'm into scavenging. I graduated since 2012. I want to reapply for social work. Social work is the best social science course now. I wouldn't mind starting from 100level despite my age.

Unemployment in Nigeria cut across all disciplines. It's only more for social sciences and arts. However, there are jobs too. I feel your pain bro. But since time is going why not consider other options:
Personal business
Japa or
Tech

No one will be responsible for your dulling ooo. Brace up bro. Push

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Corporal Punishment In Nigerian Schools, Any Alternative? (Video) / Top 15 Things You Can Do To Make Money On Campus