Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? (25989 Views)

List Of Sociology Textbooks Of All Time / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Eyigold: 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
I disagree on philosophy. Smart and knowledgeable philosophers work in law firm. Good philosophers are the reason while some law firms do better than others

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Vipro(m): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Sociology is officially the most useless course on Earth! I advice my students to rewrite JAMB the next year if they are offered courses like Sociology, Philosophy, etc with no chance to cross to a more meaningful course in 200l.
what about Business education course,is it OK?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by justebuka(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheSpellChecker:

My God!!!

What kind of graduate is this?

Your grammar is so poor.

What a shame!!!

Your mentality gives people the Wrong impression of others.

Yes I wrote that way on purpose
I know of the "I am" law
But rather than giving valuable thought on the issue at hand you decide to be useless with your time

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Vipro(m): 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mo10go:
Well, I'll urge you to be optimistic about yourself and the course, this country is far more than having bad impression about your course, I was very mad when I was given Adult Education back then in university because I never heard of it before and it doesn't sound good to me but believe me today, I'm working in a company here in Lagos and my salary is 100k plus so follow your heart and be nice to what you choose.
You changed or took the course like that?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by kumulus(m): 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
zakkxx:
you no go hear word now till u begin de find work your eye go clear!! Na women course ooooooo!!! Even we wey do Architecture and Quantity surveying you must be very good at diff design software ooo but at least people must build house no matter the hunger!! Be wise ooo

You have no idea what market the Philosopher has, just no idea.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by GermanRemitaunt(f): 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
A sociology degree leading to a job as a social worker, that‘s very Nigeria-specific.

In Germany and the UK, sociology is a very academic university course that might - in a best case scenario, with a cleverly selected subject for the masters thesis and a fine network - lead to all kind of management roles in e.g marketing or an academic career as a researcher with an option to move on to an even better paying job at a think tank or consulting firm.

Whereas social work is a very practical polytechnic course where you learn some law, administrative skills, basic psychology, didactics etc. to work in the social administration or for a charity helping clients sort out whatever type of issues they have. Quite a lot of jobs in different fields, education, childcare, health etc., but wages are at the low end.

If you compare to the health sector, the sociologist is comparable to the doctor, the social worker more like a nurse or midwife.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Ugmama(m): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Teaching social studies at a private school
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Carlylepneuma: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

Sociology is officially the most useless course on Earth! I advice my students to rewrite JAMB the next year if they are offered courses like Sociology, Philosophy, etc with no chance to cross to a more meaningful course in 200l.
oga take it easy nw don't give somebody's child heart attack haba mana
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by kumulus(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Eyigold:
I disagree on philosophy. Smart and knowledgeable philosophers work in law firm. Good philosophers are the reason while some law firms do better than others

Please tell it! ......and it doesn't end with law firms, every thriving business across the globe has in-house thinkers. People need to stop seeing philosophy as an 'old' subject. If most religious leaders where replaced with philosophers, religious nations would be ever so great and won't be in these regrettable states.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by kumulus(m): 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:

Where d'yu work now bro?

I think I know where this is headed, I didn't study philosophy as a course. To answer your question tho, I currently have a contract with a tech firm.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by LordIsaac(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
okoroemeka:
my cousin that even had a poor result in sociology is now working with an oyibo oil services company that are currently renovating the refinary in Port Harcourt,it is not about the course you did it is how long is your legs
I think the question is for people working with what they studied.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by being(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:

You guys cool with this?
The question is change to what?
In d humanities, d viable & exclusive options are Law & accounting. And these have limited spaces and their job entry pay is mostly so low!!!
Jobs like banking, insurance, consulting(&big 4 acc), HR ,marketing, admin can be done by any graduate esp if u have d relevant certification.
Also, good paying skills can be acquired while doing d sociology. Skills like programming, data analytics, UIUX , animation, SEO, content devt, photography, graphics design etc.
So if u are already in sociology, just look for way forward as explained above !!

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Jerryhare: 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
CAR WASH
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Exsonyaksoncons: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
All this people talking down sociology is either you are useless even with your level of education or you went to school without knowing or having any fruit for it

My brother I studied and I'm an HR officer
I started from being a Banker
See your opportunities are limitless

I'm currently doing my master in criminology
And I have certifications in HR from CIPm
Those are all your areas

Finally follow the bible that said
Study to show yourself approved

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by braine(m): 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
Who cares about your degree in 2022? Lol.

The koko is for you to make good grades in wherever course you end up with.

I studied Botany and I'd say I'm doing great in media. So... kiss

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Exsonyaksoncons: 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:
Am a student of sociology and currently feeling insured because of the labour market.

I was thinking of going for my MSC in other to become a lecturer
Any advice?
I studies sociology
I first started as a bank customer service office
I added HR skills became HR officer
I'm almost done with masters in criminology
And taking a course in cyber security

See truth is Nigeria is yours to take
Any where human beings are working you fit in
Just make sure you are sound and do not let this society that has failed all round which is your lab to study to bring you down

My able social Doctor you have no limit
Change the society for God and for Good

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by alabo1: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheGreatIYANU:
Lol... victim here!

You are wrong. Sociology is the preferred course for HR professionals and Management Consultants due to its content. Most HR practitioners read sociology, Pol Admin, Philosophy etc. They are also preferred for Admin. Do your research. I am a sociology graduate with 20 years in HR so I have my data.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Oyetechs(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sociology is the best course so far social sciences is concerned.. You can work anywhere so far they are human beings there.... Sociology is the mother and Queen of social sciences.

Sociology is encompassing, broad, elaborate and there is Sociology in everything we do...

I'm proud to be a Sociologist.

Please disregard any negative comments here....

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Aaae: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
School offcourse
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Emmerlee(m): 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
justebuka:
Am a student of sociology and currently feeling insured because of the labour market.

Any advice?

Telecommunications, 12+ years now.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by ShawnT(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Graduate with 2:1 CGPA and apply for airforce, you'll be an air police DSSC officer.#Meanwhile God bless the chief of Air staff Oga Amao is doing well
justebuka:

Any advice?
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by oluwabunmist: 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Adminstrative Officer in a Federal government establishment
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by sunnymighty(m): 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Head, Educational and Social Services in an NGO.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Roseey0(f): 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
Loved social work before I diverted to Health.
Worked with an NGO as a social worker currently training as a Naturopath solving health problems.

You can function anywhere, it all depends on you and what drives you. Look around you and identify social problems, find solutions to it. That's what sociology is all about.

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by holaphem(m): 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Jammey6551:
They are all jobless, I saw one trying to socialize with a mad man.

Fuçk shit.
best comment of the year this crack my ribs
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
I studied sociology but am in finance
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by naija4life247: 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Jammey6551:
They are all jobless, I saw one trying to socialize with a mad man.

Fuçk shit.

Sociology! Useless course for lazy youths.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by naija4life247: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
kumulus:

A good philosopher will always sell, strike the noble subject off your list please. What disrespect!

Sell what? Sell nonsense.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by naija4life247: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
FarmWay:
Teachers! Especially those Afonja skull miners...

They are on Nairaland shouting PHLATINOS! As if their life depends on IT!

CALLING WE IGBO NAMES...

FLATUNO

DEVELOPERS

OṢÙ AND MANY OTHER UNPRINTABLE WORDS

TUFIAKWA!

Your skull is next to be mined by the skull merchants
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by mosaicafrique: 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
Build a career in Leadway Assurance

Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by samneutron1: 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Honestly to be candid, you people criticizing sociology course are the ones useless, most of you guys have the mindset that if you study a lucrative course in higher institution then you are qualified for lucrative jobs, that is totally wrong. Higher institution offered different courses for you to acquire knowledge and be useful in the society, how you're able to apply the knowledge you acquired in the higher institution for the usefulness of people in the society is what will bring money, respect and fame. But it's quite unfortunate that most graduates nowadays have nothing to show for the time spent in school.
Re: Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? by Yomit71(m): 8:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Jecci:
Abeg Biology too.
The course does it have prospects
yes, you can work in slaughter.
all these meat seller dey make money oo�

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Corporal Punishment In Nigerian Schools, Any Alternative? (Video) / Top 15 Things You Can Do To Make Money On Campus