Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations (22398 Views)

2021 Igede Carnival In Pictures / Breif History Of Igede People Of Bunue State / Igede Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
cosmatika:
How many times we go see this Igede news here? Na IC dey do una abi wetin?
Make una try bring una brother Omenka back home.
He's lost in Lagos chanting sai baba
lol, I've not been seeing my brother here lately, I hope omenka is fine
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Zorn: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
cosmatika:
How many times we go see this Igede news here? Na IC dey do una abi wetin?
Make una try bring una brother Omenka back home.
He's lost in Lagos chanting sai baba
you fell for that lie ? That guy is a Yoruba man . They just hide under other ethics groups to launch attack on the Igbos.
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yommychrz:
No, I’m a Yoruba
alright man, we are all one people, one nation under one God

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Yommychrz(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
God1000:
alright man, we are all one people, one nation under one God
one love

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Vintage94(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Why are the Igede people averse to giving their daughters to the Tiv people in marriage?

WHY?

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by SOFTSKILL: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dawn91:
Southwest media will start telling you in the coming days how Amaechi is not Igbo , they will start telling you all that Igbo deserves presidency that Amaechi is not Igbo grin

Suddenly the southwest will start clamouring for an Igbo presidency because they are afraid of buhari endorsing Amaechi Zulum 2023

But it's too late
Amaechi Zulum 2023

I wish you soonest recovery from Osulised Cannibalisis, a disease common with hateful people

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Dawn91(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
SOFTSKILL:

I wish you soonest recovery from Osulised Cannibalisis, a disease common with hateful people

Call us all the names. Is it worse than what you have called our son Prof GEJ before ? Or his wife?

Come 2023 we shall see who laughs last

grin

Amaechi Zulum 2023

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Highman1900(m): 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
You just dey explained everything in parable.... Well, igede are nice people to deal with compare to thier neighbor that always says "I want to lest grin[center][/center] grin" the dupe me of my business.

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
mikemodel24:
Silver tribe nko
shocked undecided
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Evergreen4(m): 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mtshewwww, the first and only igede guy i had contact with duped me. He's from oju LGA in Benue state. I just pray I find him because life won't be easy for him

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by SOFTSKILL: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dawn91:

Call us all the names. Is it worse than what you have called our son Prof GEJ before ? Or his wife?

Come 2023 we shall see who laughs last

grin

Amaechi Zulum 2023

Your hatred towards the Yorubas is congenital and pre-dates the existence of Jonathan. The truth is that you have been busted that your campaign of calumny against Tinubu is not necessarily for him rather borne out of hatred for Yoruba and some Omoluabis who will rush to castigate their people because of people like you are beginning to understand the koko

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Lamanii22(f): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Awwwwn so beautiful... we should all embrace our cultures more.....

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by dauntless15(m): 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lmao, igede, the most insecure tribe in benue, they have this inferiority complex that plagues them everywhere they go, coupled with identity crisis (always claiming they're part of idoma, very laughable) and too much bleaching, they like bleaching cream pass bobrisky, I have lived among them so what I am saying is the fact.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
Evergreen4:
Mtshewwww, the first and only igede guy i had contact with duped me. He's from oju LGA in Benue state. I just pray I find him because life won't be easy for him
stop the campaign of calumny and character assassination

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by JohnSin97: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
They're very strong and hard working farmers.
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
dauntless15:
Lmao, igede, the most insecure tribe in benue, they have this inferiority complex that plagues them everywhere they go, coupled with identity crisis and too much bleaching, they like bleaching cream pass bobrisky, I have lived among them so what I am saying is the fact.
lol, why such squalid and grubby comment about my wonderful tribe? Your roguishness isn't funny

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by adaxme(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
they are actually the lost Igbo tribe .
similar names and cultures
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by dauntless15(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
God1000:
lol, why such squalid and grubby comment about my wonderful tribe? Your roguishness isn't funny
You don't have to like it bro, the truth is never attractive or sweet.

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Dawn91(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
[s]
SOFTSKILL:

Your hatred towards the Yorubas is congenital and pre-dates the existence of Jonathan. The truth is that you have been busted that your campaign of calumny against Tinubu is not necessarily for him rather borne out of hatred for Yoruba and some Omoluabis who will rush to castigate their people because of people like you are beginning to understand the koko
[/s]

The interlopers always playing the victim thread when served with their own medicine

Amaechi Zulum 2023
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by sylve11: 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hmmm cool
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by omenkaLives(m): 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
@ OP, I love your spirit. You have been consistent with the promotion of your culture and people.

Sincerely, without your enlightenment, I will hardly know the Igede people.

May God bless Igedeland and may God bless Nigeria forever.
Thank you so very much. God bless you.
We are the nicest people you can find out there. Kind, beautiful and courageous. Third most populous ethnic group in Benue state but haven't had much by way of development in the two Local government we predominantly occupy in the state- Oju and Obi.

It is our hope things will change for the better real soon, perhaps when the Tivs give Zone C a chance to produce a governor.

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by omenkaLives(m): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
dauntless15:
Lmao, igede, the most insecure tribe in benue, they have this inferiority complex that plagues them everywhere they go, coupled with identity crisis and too much bleaching, they like bleaching cream pass bobrisky, I have lived among them so what I am saying is the fact.
What tribe are you, to start with?

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lamanii22:
Awwwwn so beautiful... we should all embrace our cultures more.....
exactly, thanks
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by omenkaLives(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
God1000:
Speaks alot about his origin.
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
omenkaLives:
Speaks alot about his origin.
abi oo, good to see you again brother, it's been awhile, I hope you are fine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by FreeStuffsNG: 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
omenkaLives:
We are the nicest people you can find out there. Kind, beautiful and courageous. Third most populous ethnic group in Benue state but haven't had much by way of development in the two Local government we predominantly occupy in the state- Oju and Obi.

It is our hope things will change for the better real soon, perhaps when the Tivs give Zone C a chance to produce a governor.

Awesome!!! Please kindly tell us more about Igede special meals, names, prominent sons and daughters and how you greet in Igede, I found Igede truly interesting.
You guys are representing Igede well.
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by AlphaT1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
God1000:
IGEDE OF OUR DREAM; OUR COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY

A brother sent me this story, I will always be proud of my provenance/parentage

When we talk of our future expectations as individuals, we cannot but talk about the procedures or steps needed to be put in place to meet those expectations. Likewise, when we talk about the future expectations of a people, we must also talk about how these can come about.

Our future expectations constitute our dream, it controls our ambitions and aspirations, it determines the methods we use to drive our goals. Individual dreams are always different
But for the dream of a people/a nation, to be realized, it has to be in the interests and the dreams of the individuals that make up that nation.

It is, first of all, the responsibility of the people to understand their dream collectively, teach it to their children, make it their responsibility, individually and collectively as they do with their businesses and careers and commit themselves to it. It is their duty to know that no other individual aspiration or ambition must contradict the "big dream"
After identifying that "big dream".

Goals and methods of accomplishment are necessitated in place and that avails each individual a window to function, both as a person and also as a member of a nation. When these are done, the dream becomes real to the constituent of a nation as much as their own business; room is created for collective participation.

Igede of our dream is possible!
This dream is big; It must be broadcasted, chanted and printed on pages.
It is a dream of a people known for a noble life. A people known for truth and peace, excellence in creativity, hard work /Smart work, a people known for progress, not stagnation, a people with lofty aspirations for better things, improving self-life and the lives of others, valuing their way of life and upholding all morality against the ebbs of misdirected civility.
These are some of the goals within the "big dream" It is a dream, bearing and encompassing the reality that our lives become outstanding anywhere, anytime, everywhere and every-how!

It is a dream we must all buy into.
Unity means speaking one language, being in agreement and being committed to one course.
We must agree, commit to and speak this one dream language with love.

It is a collective responsibility, it is achievable by unity to actualize the igede of our dream.

It is you and I, together as one, a nation bound by love and unity; it is our job to do and it begins now.

Pictures from Igede Carnival 2021.
� Myphotography.

Ajogi Victor Ede
Igede Youth Ambassador.
@ISADA 2021.
I get one Igede girl wey I want marry that year but this inter-tribal nonsense won't let me. Her parents no approve o, the girl cry her eyes nearly comot, she decided we should just run away and get married, but local man no go fit do laidat....e pain local man too o!
This kontri don do me o, kaiii...
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
AlphaT1:

I get one Igede girl wey I want marry that year but this inter-tribal nonsense won't let me. Her parents no approve o, the girl cry her eyes nearly comot, she decided we should just run away and get married, but local man no go fit do laidat....e pain local man too o!
This kontri don do me o, kaiii...
sorry bro, I'm an advocate of inter ethnic marriage, it promotes harmony among different tribes.
But sadly some of our parents don't like it
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Awesome!!! Please kindly tell us more about Igede special meals, names, prominent sons and daughters and how you greet in Igede, I found Igede truly interesting.
You guys are representing Igede well.
check this my thread here, please don't mind the insults from some obnoxious and mischievous persons, they detailed the entire thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6834840/what-know-igede-tribe-benue
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by moneyissues(m): 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
Obudu Agba. Igede Agba
If you know you know
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by AlphaT1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
God1000:
sorry bro, I'm an advocate of inter ethnic marriage, it promotes harmony among different tribes.
But sadly some of our parents don't like it
Thanks....it's quite sad, the artificial barriers that humans have built, which shouldn't exist!
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by anambraamaka: 2:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Birmingham City University Hosts Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Speaks At Chatham House(pix / Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country / Ekpeye Masquerade Festival In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.