Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations (22397 Views)

2021 Igede Carnival In Pictures / Breif History Of Igede People Of Bunue State / Igede Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Okekeni90(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
God1000:
IGEDE OF OUR DREAM; OUR COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY

A brother sent me this story, I will always be proud of my provenance/parentage

When we talk of our future expectations as individuals, we cannot but talk about the procedures or steps needed to be put in place to meet those expectations. Likewise, when we talk about the future expectations of a people, we must also talk about how these can come about.

Our future expectations constitute our dream, it controls our ambitions and aspirations, it determines the methods we use to drive our goals. Individual dreams are always different
But for the dream of a people/a nation, to be realized, it has to be in the interests and the dreams of the individuals that make up that nation.

It is, first of all, the responsibility of the people to understand their dream collectively, teach it to their children, make it their responsibility, individually and collectively as they do with their businesses and careers and commit themselves to it. It is their duty to know that no other individual aspiration or ambition must contradict the "big dream"
After identifying that "big dream".

Goals and methods of accomplishment are necessitated in place and that avails each individual a window to function, both as a person and also as a member of a nation. When these are done, the dream becomes real to the constituent of a nation as much as their own business; room is created for collective participation.

Igede of our dream is possible!
This dream is big; It must be broadcasted, chanted and printed on pages.
It is a dream of a people known for a noble life. A people known for truth and peace, excellence in creativity, hard work /Smart work, a people known for progress, not stagnation, a people with lofty aspirations for better things, improving self-life and the lives of others, valuing their way of life and upholding all morality against the ebbs of misdirected civility.
These are some of the goals within the "big dream" It is a dream, bearing and encompassing the reality that our lives become outstanding anywhere, anytime, everywhere and every-how!

It is a dream we must all buy into.
Unity means speaking one language, being in agreement and being committed to one course.
We must agree, commit to and speak this one dream language with love.

It is a collective responsibility, it is achievable by unity to actualize the igede of our dream.

It is you and I, together as one, a nation bound by love and unity; it is our job to do and it begins now.

Pictures from Igede Carnival 2021.
� Myphotography.

Ajogi Victor Ede
Igede Youth Ambassador.
@ISADA 2021.

Obe ny'ukuro Ada.
Igede ka ha!
Bravo!

3 Likes

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by zanshi: 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
dauntless15:
Lmao, igede, the most insecure tribe in benue, they have this inferiority complex that plagues them everywhere they go, coupled with identity crisis (always claiming they're part of idoma, very laughable) and too much bleaching, they like bleaching cream pass bobrisky, I have lived among them so what I am saying is the fact.

I am with an Igede boy rn and looking at his leg, it is obbvious that it is bleached.
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by dauntless15(m): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
zanshi:

I am with an Igede boy rn and looking at his leg, it is obbvious that it is bleached.
grin grin
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by gmo10(m): 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
athaboi:
Mostly good people
You're very correct
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by gmo10(m): 5:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
@ OP, I love your spirit. You have been consistent with the promotion of your culture and people.

Sincerely, without your enlightenment, I will hardly know the Igede people.

May God bless Igedeland and may God bless Nigeria forever.
Thank you so very much. God bless you.
We love you too

2 Likes

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by gmo10(m): 5:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nice piece OP, we shall continue with this crusade till we get there.
Proud to be Igede.
Igede Ihioo.

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Mrbenny001: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Olodo... those tribes has been before your Nigeria of yesterday, there's no land called Nigeria
Gate050:

Him and his people will never rule again. Hey listen foreigner! Your time is up. Better start tracing your root. Nigeria ain't your country, we will kick your ass soon

1 Like

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by 010okoogar: 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Igede eyoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
Okekeni90:

Obe ny'ukuro Ada.
Igede ka ha!
Bravo!
obe olen
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
gmo10:
Nice piece OP, we shall continue with this crusade till we get there.
Proud to be Igede.
Igede Ihioo.
thanks bro, you are welcome
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by God1000(m): 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Pejah97:

I have read ur earlier post on igede nation and must say the comments are really demeaning
that's Nigerians for you, some of them will belittle, relegate and denigrate you.

No sensible person will try to dehumanise and degrade other people, only ethnic bigots, delusional and misquided people do that
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by AlphaT1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
God1000:
hopefully we will look beyond the issue of and religion someday
Yeah
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Gate050: 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mrbenny001:
Olodo... those tribes has been before your Nigeria of yesterday, there's no land called Nigeria
It will do you good to take to my advice by start tracing your root. Know your country now. You will have nowhere to go to when we kick you out and we won't even keep you in our IDP camp.
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Maxwell4404(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
WHO BE THIS ONE AGAIN undecided undecided

God1000:
thanks

I firmly believe that only igede people can rescue Nigeria from this current misery and privation.
Re: Igede, The Untold Story Of A Golden Tribe And Our Aspirations by Henri8: 6:05am On Feb 08, 2022
cosmatika:

Them they beef Idoma ppl. They feel marginalised by them
Nawao.
Igede dey beef idoma, idoma dey beef tiv etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Birmingham City University Hosts Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Speaks At Chatham House(pix / Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country / Ekpeye Masquerade Festival In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.