Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

My Sister Seeks Your Advice - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Sister Seeks Your Advice (15970 Views)

My Sister And Her Husband / My Sister Just Lost Her Job / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by BarrElChapo(m): 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

She has her own dream. But she is young and little crazy.

We don't want her to jeopardize her future.

That's fine. Guidance is important but let her have a say no matter how little.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
BarrElChapo:

That's fine. Guidance is important but let her have a say no matter how little.

We will not force the Idea on her. We will outsmart her so that she will end up loving what we want her to study,without even knowing that we are behind all the action.

My Mum did this to me when tried to refuse to study what my fayher wanted me to study. He almost beat me for arguing with him.

But my mother outsmarted me.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sheriman:
As you are pursuing your academic career I encourage you to learn a digital technology skill along oooo. Generally, in this our modern word, having only paper certificate can't give you all you want anymore. So therefore, try to make your research on any digital technology skill to learn alongside your paper certificate so that by 2030 you wouldn't start blaming yourself.
My advice to my Junior brothers and sisters who want to pursuing their academic career.
I graduated from UNILAG
I studied learn and practice Kotlin documentations everyday for 2 years still learning the language.
I studied Educational Management.
What I'm doing now? I'm an Android developer using Kotlin.
I developed mobile application for Android and iOS.
With my tech skill, my UNILAG certificate gives me an edge and confidence over others who don't have a degree certificate.
We are not in the 60s and 70s even 80s. This is 21st century where the world is advancing on modern digital technology. World needs people with technical skills, people who can solve problem not people who only have different degrees.
The era of having only university paper certificate to secure work is fading. Please try to learn one vocational or technology skill.
Peace!!!

That's my father's concern. He is not in Peace with her choice. But he doesn't know an alternative to her. She is the only Science student in our home.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Enitxt(m): 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Chemical engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical engineering
Building Technology
Quantity surveyor
Urban and regional planning
Computer Engineering
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Aaae: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Let her think
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Orente21(f): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
AmericanDad:

Make she do hookup angry
Goodday daddi daddi. Blessed Monday. Pls I need your like for my story.We have not been paid in the school I teach and I need the money to buy little foodstuffs to sustain myself and my kids. I beg you all. Click like for orente21 story.

https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story#110015888
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by ambassadorsam(m): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello,
By asking that question on NL, I don't think you did anything wrong. I believe you love her and want the best for her, thus your question.
One op has summed it up above. This is just an addition.
1. Your sister should identify four of her favorite secondary school subjects.
2. Find JAMB brochure online and identify university courses with the four subject combination (I believe English is mandatory).
3. With the list of courses, you can ask questions such as industry opportunities, international MSc scholarship opportunities, and so forth.
The subject she chooses must be one in which she can score highly in the UTME. It is my belief that if she can write JAMB herself and get high scores, she will cope with the selected course at university.

Best wishes.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Sheriman(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

That's my father's concern. He is not in Peace with her choice. But he doesn't know an alternative to her. She is the only Science student in our home.

He should allow her to study the course of her choice.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sheriman:

He should allow her to study the course of her choice.

Maybe you're not Nigerian or you're blessed with "Democratic" Father.

My Father rarely talk to us. We always talk to him through our mother. He is man of one word.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by shedy03(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Thank you bro.

But which Engineering?

I heard that Engineering very wide.
Electrical or civil engineering.
She can do architecture too.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by God2man2again(m): 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nursing
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
shedy03:

Electrical or civil engineering.
She can do architecture too.

Civil Engineering for girl?

Better Electrical engineering.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Sheriman(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Maybe you're not Nigerian or you're blessed with "Democratic" Father.

My Father rarely talk to us. We always talk to him through our mother. He is man of one word.
Yeah he is democratic. He allowed us to do things we like. What he will just do is to advice us. I choose Art when I was in secondary school. I was the only Art student in our family. I choose the school and course I thought I will be able to excel if I studied it. I graduated from UNILAG in 2019 with good result. Immediately, I ventured into one digital technology skill that I think I like. Currently doing it up till today.
Forcing something on a child can't be of any benefits to such child.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by rezy15(m): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:
My sister is writing her JAMB this year.

Here is her Waec result.

English: C4
Maths:B3
Chemistry: B2
Physics: C5
Biology:C4
Islamic:B3
Yoruba:C4
Civic:B2
Animal Husbandry: C4

Which course is best for her?

Ask her. Imposing won't help anyway
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
toffyz:
MLS
Medical Lab Science: A very good course!

Lol. What's good about MLS?
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
SmileDance:
Nursing
Medical Laboratory Science
Nutrition and dietetics
Social work
Psychology
Computer Science
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by shedy03(m): 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Civil Engineering for girl?

Better Electrical engineering.
Girls do study civil engineering, and they do well in practice.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by Federalofficia(m): 10:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Please tell me more baout this social work and it opportunities, i get Bsc Sociology
Cryomancer:
I don't understand why people come online with their results to seek advice on what to study.

Is it that you guys never had passion/vision for anything to study before now or what?

I know results sometimes determine what you can study but at the same time, you should have like 3 back up plans in place just incase your initial plan did not work.

Anyway I don't know what you sister has passion for... But if she can study social work, she won't regret it.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by HonestFriend: 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
If she is the reading type... Medicine is OK..
If she is introvert type... Medicine is OK..
If she the always doing research.. Medicine or Nursing.

Other wise na computer..
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by bewla(m): 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
SmileDance:
Nursing
Medical Laboratory Science
Nutrition and dietetics
Social work
Psychology
Computer Science
my daughter has a in math,c 5 English,b physic, b biology, a chemistry and 214 in jamb she no enter school for nurse na this one you come they give hope for nurse

But Sha nothing no fit happen for 9ija
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by smaze01: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2022
ADMIN ASSISTANTS AT MALARIA CONSORTIUM

Position: Admin Assistants (Consultants)
Experience: Two years experience
Duration: February to June 2022.
Malaria Consortium requires qualified Admin support Staff who will provide Administrative, logistics, and procurement support to the ITN Campaign Team in Anambra State. The assistant will provide support to the country office operation team on everyday office administration in Anambra state with support from the project staff. The Admin Assistants(Consultants), situated in Anambra state shall work directly with the Country Officer Operation Team, under the guidance of the Senior Campaign Manager in ensuring proper functioning and management of operation activities in line with Malaria Consortium policies. This will include to have an updated data bank of consultants, vendors and stakeholders. The officer will ensure an effective maintenance system of all office equipment, including generator, photocopiers, computers and its networks, printers and other office assets.

https://ngojobmag.com/admin-assistants-at-malaria-consortium/

PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTIC MANAGER AT SAVE THE CHILDREN NIGERIA

Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Procurement and Logistic Manager
Ref No: 220000ZA
Employee Status: Permanent
Team: Programme Operations
Grade: 3
Post Type: National

https://ngojobmag.com/procurement-and-logistic-manager-at-save-the-children-nigeria/

CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EXTERNAL DISTRIBUTION) AT CREATIVE ASSOCIATES / NORTHEAST CONNECTION PROGRAM

Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.

Applications are invited for:

Title: Call for Expressions of Interest (For External Distribution)

Locations: Adamawa, Yobe and Borno States

https://ngojobmag.com/call-for-expressions-of-interest-external-distribution-at-creative-associates-northeast-connection-program/
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by 2real52: 4:35am On Feb 08, 2022
Nna, yah**o won't be a bad idea o.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by yunqdady: 5:34am On Feb 08, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Thank you bro.

Maybe she can find Nursing as an alternative to Medicine and Surgery.

She is eyeing Medicine, but I am against it. Because Medicine is almost most competitive.

Let her go for nursing.
If she's caring and patient and academically good.
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by SmileDance(f): 7:14am On Feb 08, 2022
bewla:
my daughter has a in math,c 5 English,b physic, b biology, a chemistry and 214 in jamb she no enter school for nurse na this one you come they give hope for nurse

But Sha nothing no fit happen for 9ija
it depends on a lot of factors, the school she applied to also has something to do with it, who knows if she doesn't mind a school of nursing, or a private university and of course I listed other courses

1 Like

Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by bewla(m): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2022
SmileDance:
it depends on a lot of factors, the school she applied to also has something to do with it, who knows if she doesn't mind a school of nursing, or a private university and of course I listed other courses
I suppose so
First Ilorin
Second lasu
Third offa

Think that one factor to many
Re: My Sister Seeks Your Advice by bahaushe1: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

That's why I find it tricky.

I don't know which specific course will suit her.

Allow her to the one that is best for her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aero contractors sacks 100 workers Outsourced By Skyborne / When Is It Too Late To Get A Degree? / Help! How Do I Reply My Notification Of Termination Letter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.