Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion (742 Views)

Can You Marry From A Different Tribe Or Religion? / Don't Marry Someone You're In Love With - Reno Omokri Advises / Can You Marry Someone Whose Nude Photos/video Has Leaked On Social Media?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
Okay guys, let’s discuss ……

I’ve read different threads on this platform on how religion or tribe issue has shattered some people hope of love.

It’s actually a real life dilemma where some people have to choose between their religion, tribe or love.

Some can actually marry someone from a different tribe and the religion aspect is a no go area; whereas some would simply walk away from someone with a different tribe and religion.

Let’s conduct a random poll, can you marry someone from a different religion? a different tribe ? Or religion and tribe does not matter to you ?

Which category do you fall into?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by fikayormi(m): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
Why not

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
so long as hey have the RIGHT BRAIN, its all good to me... but hey, if these issues bothers you that much, dont DATE anyone different than you, et voila.

[img]https://c./BPG26VctmnsAAAAC/case-closed-biatch-biatch.gif[/img]
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Will be difficult for me though so no
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tribe sure
Religion..nope
Two can't work together unless they agree grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
SanctifiedSista:
Tribe sure Religion..nope Two can't work together unless they agree grin grin
u are right sister

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by MufasaLion: 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
If I end up marrying, it's gonna be someone of different religious belief. I can marry whosoever I want.

Religion and tribal bigotry has ruined our mentality in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by duro4chang(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
I can marry from another tribe but cannot from another religion.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Huracio(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
I planned in any African countries...Senegal Mali Burkina Faso South Africa...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Huracio(m): 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
I planned marrying in any African countries...Senegal Mali Burkina Faso South Africa...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
bukky1994:
Will be difficult for me though so no

Which one will be difficult? Religion or tribe ? Or both? and why?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2022
duro4chang:
I can marry from another tribe but cannot from another religion.

Why bro?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Huracio:
I planned in any African countries...Senegal Mali Burkina Faso South Africa...

Any reason for this? Abi u no lik our Naija girls?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
Those who can marry from same religion …… will you also consider denomination? Catholics, Jehovah witness, Pentecostals etc
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Deicide: 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Where I go find Atheist babe marry
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
so long as hey have the RIGHT BRAIN, its all good to me... but hey, if these issues bothers you that much, dont DATE anyone different than you, et voila.

[img]https://c./BPG26VctmnsAAAAC/case-closed-biatch-biatch.gif[/img]

In short, date someone you feel you are compatible with!
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Deicide:
Where I go find Atheist babe marry

Lol, few are on this platform tho’
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Double0h7(f): 7:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
No... for me it's gotta be the same race, country, and religion. I could compromise on tribe but religion is the deal breaker. Marriage is hard work and these similarities make it easier to navigate.

He could speak to my elders comfortably and I with his, we could raise our children under one unified umbrella without much compromise, and I find peace and comfort in that. Being from two different genders is hard enough to navigate without adding more differences grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Double0h7:
No... for me it's gotta be the same race, country, and religion. I could compromise on tribe but religion is the deal breaker. Marriage is hard work and these similarities make it easier to navigate.

He could speak to my elders comfortably and I with his, we could raise our children under one unified umbrella without much compromise, and I find peace and comfort in that. Being from two different genders is hard enough to navigate without adding more differences grin

Why can’t you compromise on religion too?

What if she’s willing to convert to your religion?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Double0h7(f): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Isaacpromise1:

Why can’t you compromise on religion too?

What if she’s willing to convert to your religion?

Because I didn't want to compromise, it's a crucial part of my identity.

If he converts for his own sake before we get married then there's no problem.
I'm married so I already made my choice grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Truvelisback(m): 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yes. Religion? I may not.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by duro4chang(m): 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
Isaacpromise1:

Why bro?
There will be problem if I do. I am passinonate about religion. In the area of tribe I can still manage though it wont be easy.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Sonnobax15(m): 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
lipsrsealed
If not that religion has eaten negatively deep into our bone marrows, normally,inter tribe marriage na the best way of unity....

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
If not that religion has eaten negatively deep into our bone marrows, normally,inter tribe marriage na the best way of unity....

So will you still consider someone from a different religion?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by LILTJAY1: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
No..
I will marry from my tribe or I marry a Caucasian

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Isaacpromise1:

Which one will be difficult? Religion or tribe ? Or both? and why?
I can manage tribe but another religion Is a no no because of my family dignity

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Huracio(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
Isaacpromise1:

Any reason for this? Abi u no lik our Naija girls?
make I know lie you, I no like our naija girls oo but I admire and they are probably the most beautiful in Africa but I don't feel anything for them....

one was trying get closer to me by striking conversations but I didn't even give her attention ooo ....and this girl beautiful, she tall slim get long legs...but I don't just want ooo...her friend also was outside there with her boyfriend who happens to be my close friend but I no even look this girl side oooo as other guys dey do...she tell me say "Uncle na this same spot I've been seeing you sitting down and smoke and drink since I started coming here" I no answer her oooo....she even shouted at me say ahahnnn nawa you no even answer my questions at all .....so all of them enter inside ooo and later only she come out come sit down dey look me soteeeeey I no give her face.......

why I dey do like that be say as a guy I believe say many naija guys and ladies are actually useless and only care about sex, booze, flexing, talking too much( I hate it ) discussing bbn ,celebrities, all likes using the biggest phones ...so na why I no just like them oooo...

Naija guys and ladies most of them just dey useless and talkative and loud.... I don't even have much friends self... I don't know maybe it's just me...
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Divoc19(f): 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yes
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by MaverickA3: 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yeah, I'll like to marry an Edo girl or a girl from Calabar. I'm yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Isaacpromise1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
Huracio:
make I know lie you, I no like our naija girls oo but I admire and they are probably the most beautiful in Africa but I don't feel anything for them....

one was trying get closer to me by striking conversations but I didn't even give her attention ooo ....and this girl beautiful, she tall slim get long legs...but I don't just want ooo...her friend also was outside there with her boyfriend who happens to be my close friend but I no even look this girl side oooo as other guys dey do...she tell me say "Uncle na this same spot I've been seeing you sitting down and smoke and drink since I started coming here" I no answer her oooo....she even shouted at me say ahahnnn nawa you no even answer my questions at all .....so all of them enter inside ooo and later only she come out come sit down dey look me soteeeeey I no give her face.......

why I dey do like that be say as a guy I believe say many naija guys and ladies are actually useless and only care about sex, booze, flexing, talking too much( I hate it ) discussing bbn ,celebrities, all likes using the biggest phones ...so na why I no just like them oooo...

Naija guys and ladies most of them just dey useless and talkative and loud.... I don't even have much friends self... I don't know maybe it's just me...

I can relate …… there are others like this too

But as long as you still reside in Naija, las las you may end up with one of our Naija girls ooo (lol) except if you are planning to emigrate tho
Re: Can You Marry Someone From A Different Tribe Or Religion by Michelle55: 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
Yeah!

(1) (Reply)

5 Months Still In The Friendzone... I'm I Being Inpatient? / Cats Vs Girls Who Love Camera More? (pics) / What Animal Has Chased You Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.