Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (19106 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon You can get it via;

OKADABOOKS:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/classic/45547

AMAZON:

1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MKT86XC/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

2.) ASIN: B09MKT86XC (use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon. The ASIN serves as the book's Amazon's code)

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms and also leave your review there likewise rate the book.

Please if you've bought the book, for the love of anything you hold dear, ABEG, DON'T POST SPOILERS OR PLAGIARISE MY WORK, otherwise, na lawsuit you go chop, I mean am angry , remember, it's a copyrighted work.

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Abdulreheem(m): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
it is all hidden in them(woman)the attitude to be the head. just that they don't have the oppotunity mostly.emm what is her name again!! she should know that there is a different btw MASTER KEY AND LOOSE KEYPAD. i rest my case

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2022
Abdulreheem:
it is all hidden in them(woman)the attitude to be the head. just that they don't have the oppotunity mostly.emm what is her name again!! she should know that there is a different btw MASTER KEY AND LOOSE KEYPAD. i rest my case

Werey grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy, Master Key and Loose Keypad. Continue sir

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:56am On Feb 13, 2022
CHAPTER EIGHT

The house was filled with the voices of Emerald and Leonard which saturated the atmosphere as they tore each other to shreds in an intense verbal face off. Abuses, insults, curses, hurtful words or whatever one chooses to call them were released as bullets from each other and rained down on each other in torrents.

"You vile of woman, what's wrong with you? Are you the only woman that's rich or richer than her man? Why are you behaving like a witch? Are you possessed by a demon? Look woman, I'm done taking this excesses of yours, so you better port in. Dat thing wey dey do you, you better find way knock am comot you hear, knock am out. You know what, I regret ever meeting you. I curse the day I got married to you. If I had known, I would have made sure your architectural career was a mess, all this nonsense wouldn't have happened. Rubbish shameless woman, you are a shame to womanhood," Leonard ranted and spat.

"Between the both of us, who's a shame to his or her hood, me or you? You that can't even provide for his family. You that's being fed by a woman, me. Is that not shame? Tell me, is that not shame on your part? Your mates are footing bills and you're here doing wifey thank you, what a disgrace. Your ancestors will be palming their face now. Na me dey feed you and you expect me to submit to you, abomination. You dey craze? What do you take me for? A dummy? I feed you, I control you. You do what I want and say including washing the toilet if I so wish. Just take a look at him telling me rubbish. Nonsense, he goat, wathog, skelewag," Emerald fired.

The quarrel continued, the couple at each other's neck, not relenting. Clara clutched her teddy bear tightly on her. Her parents were at it again. She couldn't stand it, she has never stood it whenever they quarrelled. Things were never this way, she has never known her parents to go at each other, that she is sure, with her tender mind, she could deduce that. She could also deduce that this attitude, attitude of quarreling and hatred for each other as she sees it, started not too long ago. Each lethal word been exchanged sent her deeper into the abyss of sadness. Whenever she hears them quarrel like this, she locks herself up in her room, clutching her teddy bear which has become her solace and companion in times like this, with tears streaming down her eyes, she cries herself to sleep.

Out of nowhere, she developed the guts, got off the bed, unlocked the door, with her teddy clutched to her chest, she walked gallantly to the living room, the source of the fire gulfing the entire house.

"... you are a disgrace of a wife, the devil's incarnate, the devil's personified."

"Coming from a disgrace of a man. Small boy, face reality, if you're being fed by a woman you have to submit to her otherwise be a man and foot the bills. Be a man Leonard, I say be a man and I will submit to you. Be a man ohhhhh. Be a man, I dare you. Be a man..."

"Mum... Dad, please stop this. Stop quarreling. I don't like this," Clara's tender and pleading voice pierced through the atmosphere stilling the storm of conflict instantly just like the words of Jesus to the stormy sea. She clutched her teddy bear tightly. She stared at them, innocence, hurt, plead and sadness on her face. Seeing their daughter like this pricked their hearts. They've been tearing each other apart without considering how it affected her.

"Please don't do this again, it hurts. I don't want my mummy and daddy hating each other, please," she pleaded as Leonard knelt and cupped her cheek, beside him is Emerald in same position.

"It's okay baby, it's okay," he said and hugged her tightly. Her hurt, his hurt. He can't see his daughter like this, something has to be done.

Leonard quietly and gently walked into the master's bedroom. He stared at his wife postioned on the couch who reciprocated the gesture. He sighed and forwarded himself to the couch, he attached his butt on it. He joined his palms together and rubbed them against each other feeling the mild heat as a result of the friction between both palms. He inhaled and exhaled deeply, all this while, Emerald staring at him as a hawk.

"You know Clara is right," he said, turned and looked at his wife who have a plain look.

"We shouldn't be doing this. We can't be shredding ourselves apart. Personally, I don't like it, it hurts," he said. He held her palm, an act which surprisingly she didn't resist, he squeezed it lightly.

"I love you Emerald. I've always done and I still do and I know you do also. Please can we get back to the way things were before. Can we bring back the love and affection that was the definition of our home and marriage. We shouldn't let wealth divide us, it rather should do the opposite, bring us together. Please my wife, I beg of you, let's set things right for our love, for our home, for our marriage, for what we share and most importantly, if not for anything else, our daughter. She's the one most affected by all this, not you, not me. Please," Leonard pleaded. Silence followed afterwards, a deep long one. Leonard was patient to get a reply from her, his aim must be achieved. He gave her a pleading look. Emerald exhaled deeply.

"I've heard you, you're right. I've been contemplating about that but the thing is, I need to be in charge, the reason you know. That's the only way this can be feasible," she said, giving him a 'the ball is in your court' look. Leonard sighed deeply in response.

"Still hell bent on dominating?" Emerald responded with a nod.

"Fine, you have your way. You're in charge. I will submit if that's what it takes for peace to reign," he announced.

#Xavier
#Classic
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:00am On Feb 13, 2022
Okay sweethearts, that's all for the week. As previously stated, starting from second week, which is tomorrow, updates will be thrice a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to be precise. Don't worry, I will try and see what I can do to make them lengthy grin cheesy tongue wink

Thanksy

Xavier Out

#Xavier

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Abdulreheem(m): 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2022
Hmmmmmm interesting

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:25am On Feb 14, 2022
CHAPTER NINE

One year after, the Ezekiels have seen some measures of peace, peace that's multi dimensional. On the part of Emerald, she's happy for it because it came along with the privilege of cementing her position, position of superiority and authority in the home. This gave her joy and fulfillment. Leonard, although grateful for the stillness in the home isn't happy because it came with a price. He had no other choice but to let Emerald have her way, her way of being the dominant one which results in the dishonour of him but what can he do? Nothing. He has no other choice but to let things be the way they are, this is the sacrifice he has to make for the happiness of his daughter, in exchange for that, he lives his days in melancholy. Talk about the love of a father. Clara on her part is grateful and happy for the fact that mum and dad no longer fight but she's unhappy on the way mum treats dad without regard and respect but what can she do, she's just a child, same goes for the house workers, they can't do anything, they're just employees, though they're grateful for the reasonable measure of calmness in the house although at the detriment of oga who seem not to do anything about it. That they can't fathom.

"Sometime ago, I confronted you with the issue of your infidelity which you blatantly denied. That same thing you denied doing is what I've caught you doing. I'm not surprised at it because your attitude towards me and my intuition nudged me in that direction but the question is why?" Leonard said bitterly to Emerald who appeared unremorseful.

"Yes, I cheated. I slept with another man and so fvcking what? You seem to have forgotten that I'm in charge, I can do whatever I want without being accountable to anyone in this house."

"Shut the fvck up!!!!!" Leonard thundered startling Emerald. His eyes red with anger. His demeanor, that of rage.

"Just shut that filthy thing you call mouth up," he said. "All this years, I've done nothing but love and support you. I've cared, honoured, shown affection and respected you. Even when this malady of yours started, I tolerated you and your mental disorder. I never for once went out there to mingle even if I had enough reasons to due to your disrespectful attitude towards me. I never cheated on you. I've never cheated on you right from the onset until now, rather I've been loyal, committed and faithful to you but what do I get in return, disregard, disrespect and dishonour. Those were not issues to me because I was willing to pay the sacrifice in tolerating them but going all the way to cheat on me is villainy in another dimension, that I can't tolerate," Leonard said.

"Villainy. I'm now a villain simply because I let another man sleep with me. That act has made me the world's number one villain. Tell me, what did I do that other people especially men like you haven't done? Tell me. Okay, let make things fair enough, since you labelled me a villain for cheating, let me build myself up to that level, the villain level," Emerald said and paused to catch her breath briefly before continuing,
"Let me tell you about the villainy of my cheating. The reason I cheated? simple, I'm a lady of class, top class and I guess you know the law of attraction, likes attracts likes. You're not my class, being with you is an insult to me. I'm no longer attracted to you. I can't be attracted to a man beneath me or who I'm better than even if he's my husband. Why do you think I've been reluctant and uninterested in having sex with you? simple, no attraction. I can't divorce you due to certain reasons but that doesn't mean I still can't be with or go after my kind of men, men of class and capacity, top class. Oh yeah, that's the reason," she fired.

"You know what villainy is? Villainy is me letting men not man, men fvck me hard and good. Oh yes, this is not the first and only, I've been doing this for sometime now. I've slept with men, men who fvcked my big booty..." She tapped her butt. "Countless times even when making calls with you. Oh you can't imagine how it feels been pounded hard and good by a good looking man of class while speaking to you on phone, it's phenomenal. I don't regret cheating on you, it's a thing of pleasure, it's something I love and enjoy doing. I will do it over and over and over and over and over even in your presence and right now. I don't mind being bleeped by another man while you watch in grief and misery," she spoke daggers. Her statements warranted an instant slap, heavy one from Leonard who lost it. Emerald was shocked beyond belief at what just happened. She blinked to be certain it wasn't hallucination.

"Di di di di did you just slap me?" She questioned in a quaking voice, tears trickled down her cheeks. The slap was hurtful. Leonard has never slapped her before, she never imagined he would do it, this was new, where did all this come from?

"Yes and I will do it over and over and over again. One more word from you and I wouldn't mind committing homicide. I loathe you, I hate you, I cursed the day we crossed path. You're just too evil, you Jezebel, you Babylon the great. I cease to tolerate your nonsense. All this, all this nonsense has to stop and it will and have. Tuaaahhh," he said with venom and spat on her face. He walked off leaving a stunned Emerald.
She has never seen this side of him before. The man that just walked off her wasn't Leonard, it was something else, a monster, probably from the darkest and deepest part of the sea, that she can fathom.

"Vile," he screamed.

Leonard slapped her, he had the guts to slap her. He had the effontry to raise his hands, his filthy hands on her, what insolence. What kind of man does that? What kind of man dare raise his hands on his wife? A woman's troubles aren't enough reasons for that to happen. She thought she's married to a gentleman but no, he is no gentleman, all those were just facades, pretense, pretense like a suit he puts on to impress people. This is the height of it all. All this she reasoned while checking the bruises on her cheek as a result of the slap using the wall mirror. Give her one reason why she shouldn't get that bastard arrested, locked up and sued for domestic violence. That's what she should do. She has the resources to get it done. That bastard should be behind bars for what he has done, but no, she won't do it, not now. She should wait a little longer for more similar actions to have stronger justifiable reasons.

"That's it," she exclaimed.

#Xavier
#Classic
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

2 Shares

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:27am On Feb 14, 2022
Till Wednesday folks.

Your comments, reviews and criticisms will be appreciated. I HATE GHOSTING.

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:15am On Feb 14, 2022
From Xavier to you kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

#Xavier
#HappyValentinesDay

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2022
Mehhhhh,am speechless.

More ink to your pen man.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
Carterj007:
Mehhhhh,am speechless.

More ink to your pen man.

Thanks bro. I truly appreciate.

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Yay or Nay

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:59am On Feb 16, 2022
CHAPTER TEN

Humans are elastic in nature, that's for sure. They can be stretched to considerable length without any form of opposing reaction from them but there is always a point where they break, at that point, their system react triggering the survival instinct in them which culminates in an intense opposition. That point is called breaking point. There is a limit, always a limit to what a man can take. Leonard gulped down his drink from it's bottle. Sitted in a bar, his face wearing a serious, dark and cold demeanor. He moved his fingers of both hands against each other twirling the rubber band hung on both fingers round them, he busied his mind thinking.

People change, that's for sure. The Saint today can become a sinner tomorrow and vice versa, typical example, his wife, Emerald. From the onset, she was his darling, his angel, a loving, caring, respectful, humble, ambitious, wise, matured, smart and visionary lady. These attributes attracted him to her and made him love her deeply. He was willing to be the ideal husband to her, not perfect but ideal. A promise he ensured he kept, not just wished. He loved, cared, supported and honoured her. He ensured that her career prospects or dreams were actualised, even at the point when things seemed gloomy and she almost gave up, he was her pillar, her motivator, her supporter. He ensured he was the man he needed to be for her.

Reality can be ironic at times, evil can be one's wages for a good service. This is the exact case with him, Emerald hit it big with her career, became a success, a multi millionaire. As God will have it, she won contracts worth tens to hundreds of millions of naira. He was so happy for her, happy that his baby's career ambitions are being actualised but that happiness was short lived. Emerald influenced by her wealth, people and circumstances changed, she changed completely. She changed from an Angel to a Demon. The once loving, caring and respectful wife became a highly disrespectful, dishonouring and disregarding wife. He was more than surprised at her change, he was beyond shock.

She treated him with disrespect, talks to him in whatever manner she feels, does things the way she pleases without acknowledging or even considering his person or presence. She seeks to be in charge, to control and to dominate. She wants him beneath her as her puppet, why? Because she's wealthy, way richer than him, footer of the bills, most of them, owner of their properties, house, cars. Her treatment of him is the exact opposite of how he treated her when he was in charge financially. He never dominated or seemed to control her rather he loved her, honoured her, respected her and supported her. He doesn't subscribe to the ideology that one's wife needs to be controlled, for Christ sake, she's your wife, not a slave. She's you're partner, not a commodity you buy or bought from the market. He treated her as an equal partner while heading the home as the husband.

Emerald's philosophy is the exact opposite. To her, so far she's at the top of the financial chain, she needs to be the domineering one. Such mindset was alien to their home. Where in the world did she get such from? Now he knows, influence of wealth, people and circumstances got to her, they got into her head causing an attitudinal evolution in her, a change that's dangerous. His loving wife became a monster, a beast seeking to control and lord over him. Of course, as a man, he opposed it, an act that only kindled the flame the more till it got to a point Clara herself was affected.

As a father, seeing his loving daughter in such a down emotional state pushed him into making a sacrifice, a decision he detest but it had to be done. He let Emerald lord over him. He earnestly thought and hoped against hope that Clara's involvement was going to change Emerald causing her to renege on her lordship desire and quest, but no, she became worse.

She treated him with disrespect and disregard even in the presence of people. People around them became aware of it but she didn't give a damn. Personally, he can't tell the number of times he has heard people gossip about it. They wondered why he let Emerald treat him so as the man. Why didn't he oppose it? He should show Emerald her place in the family and marriage, show her who wears the pants, so they reasoned, gossiped and in certain cases, admonished. Do they think he loves the way things are? Do they think he doesn't have the desire and urge to deal severely with Emerald? Do they think he's lily livered? Of course not, on the contrary, he wishes to do this things but he can't, he has his daughter's happiness to ensure. He had to make the sacrifice to ensure his daughter isn't affected psychologically and emotionally by what is going on even to his own detriment. Talk about the love of a father.

"Daddy, why is mum behaving badly with you? Why are you so quiet about it? I don't like it. I don't like her attitude towards you, it's bad," that was his little daughter expressing herself to him. If only she knew it was because of her he's swallowing all the fvcks from her mother.

Well in scenarios like this, his default answer is,
"Baby, one day you will understand." Of course she will understand one day. He didn't seek for a divorce because, one, he loves his wife, he didn't want to let go of her or give up on her, at least not yet, not too soon. he was hopeful that someday, Emerald will return back to her senses. Two, he doesn't want to put Clara through the trauma of a broken home.

He always had the philosophy that there's nothing wrong for a wife to be richer than her husband because such state doesn't equate or mean she will disrespect her husband as lots of men including some clergymen thinks but now he knows better. His experience has taught him that the moment a woman becomes richer than her husband, the devil in her will emerge, if not, explain how Emerald, a once loving and submissive wife will become what she is today, a witch. Now, he doesn't and will never advise any man to let his wife become richer than him. They should oppose and fight it, why? Because odikwa very risky.

It's always been said, there's a limit or much a man can take. True statement, there's a limit of bullshit he can take. He can take or accept being disregarded or disrespected by Emerald but her infidelity is something he definitely can't and will never take, accept or tolerate. No wife of his will or must or should or shall or could or can become a bed warmer to another man, in this case, men. A woman of such isn't worth calling his wife. Emerald took her excesses too far. She had the guts to cheat on him claiming class as the reason. She cheated on him with men, not man, men, men of high class according to her, because to her, he's low class, what a philosophy.

The pinnacle of it was, she wasn't even remorseful talk more of being repentant. She even had the effontry, the guts, the liver to rub her cheatings on his face. He lost it and did what he had never done before to her and what he swore never to do to her, he raised his hand on her, he slapped her, a dirty, hard, hurting, philosophy resetting, orientation changing slap. TAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! That sound, he could hear it loud and clear just as it was on the scene, whenever he recalls it. It vibrated through his ear drum giving him those buga feeling. He should be sad for breaking his rule but the opposite is the case, he's damn ecstatic, gosh, this is what he should have done all this while, beat the witch out of her, adminstering violent exorcism on her, in so doing, purging her of all filth and stupidity, installing purity, not just purity but also sense, both common and uncommon, in it's place. Probably, just maybe, things wouldn't have gotten to this stage, higher probability. He feels like doing it over and over and over again. She deserves it, spoiler alert, it feels fucking good. Life should please present him with another opportunity, a circumstance worthy of a knock out, Emerald should mistakenly misbehave, the kind worthy of an attitude adjustment which he can't wait and won't hesitate to administer even if it's the last thing he does. That bitch is a bastardress.

Now back on track from all the excitement, violent yet ecstatic excitement. He's fed up, he can't take it anymore, he can no longer be the sacrificial lamb. To hell with the love he has for his family, a love he isn't seeing the dividend of, besides separation doesn't stop him from loving and taking care of his daughter, to hell with Emerald. To hell with the hope of Emerald changing, she's far gone, she isn't turning back. Her soul has been sold to the devil. To hell with not wanting Clara to experience the trauma of a broken home, well he can't continue to experience the trauma of a disrespectful home. As for the trauma, he will ensure she doesn't experience it by being there for her, separation can't and won't stop him from doing that.
He has to leave to keep his sanity in check. He has to leave to avoid committing homicide someday. He has to end it all with Emerald to keep his dignity. She wants top class men, well, he isn't a top class man. She can go to her top class men, he won't be there to act as a hindrance. He's done with her, divorce is the next item on the list. He gulped the whole content of the bottle, the fourth one. Surprisingly, he isn't drunk, well, that's inside life.

Emerald and Clara where shocked and startled by Leonard who stepped into the living room dragging a travelling box. He stopped in front of them.

"I'm not your kind of man, not anymore. I'm low class and you're attracted to high status men. That's the reason you treat me as trash. I'm poor, average while you are rich, wealthy. You see, we aren't compatible anymore, thanks to you. So rather than kill ourselves, I've decided to leave so that we can both have breathing space. I'm a barrier or hindrance to you getting your kind of man or men, so I'm going away. As for Clara, I'm leaving this house and your life but not hers. She will be with you but hanging out, calling and visits between I and her will be often. I'll be sending money for her upkeep. I know you don't need it but I need to have a role, say and place in her life. Goodbye Emerald, I wish you well," Leonard addressed Emerald who looked indifferent to his actions. Well, he was expecting such from her, he definitely wasn't expecting her to go on a pleading and persuading spree for him to stay back, no, not from Emerald. He knelt on one knee towards Clara.

"Daddy, where are you going?" Clara asked in a mild voice the moment he lowered himself towards her. He stared at her for sometime, swoon taking over him, he hugged her deeply.

"Daddy isn't going anyway, he's just leaving to a new house. He's still here with you," he said still in their hugging state. That wasn't a lie, he wasn't leaving as in leaving her life, he was only moving out of the house, Emerald's house and life, but he's still with her although not as housemates.

"But I don't want you going anyway. I want you staying in this house with me."

"I know but daddy has to leave. Don't worry, daddy will always hang out with you, call and visit you likewise you doing same. We're still best buddies okay. Promise me you'll be a good daddy's girl as you've always been."

"I promise but don't go away" He sighed and untangled from her. The discussion has to end otherwise she will wear him down with her plea. He would have love to stay but her mother is the virus in the system. Though he desires to, he can't stay, not in a house were he's been trash treated. He has to leave. He kissed her passionately on her forehead.

"I would have love to stay but it's very important that I leave. Daddy loves you, always remember that. Never forget it," he said and got up.

"I know you hate me but don't turn my daughter against me, I beg of you. I won't do same. Just do me this favour, please," he pleaded to Emerald, his palms joined together. He got hold of his travelling box and walked off.

He stopped at the door, turned to look at his daughter and wife, scratch that, ex wife, no, soon to be ex wife, complicated wife will be more better. Emerald has the 'what are you still waiting for' look while Clara has a pleading look, a look persuading him to come back. Tears ran down her soft face. Leonard's emotions betrayed him on seeing that look on his daughter. Tears ran down his cheeks. Once again, he would have stayed, stayed for his daughter if not for the witch beside her. He vowed that she won't miss his love, care and presence despite divorce. With courage, he turned and walked out of the house. The moment he did that, Clara broke lose, crying severely.

"Mummy tell him to come back," she pleaded in tears clutching to Emerald. Emerald carried and patted her.

"It's okay baby. Your daddy is gone, he has left us. We have to deal with that," Emerald said consoling a crying Clara who cried the more.

#Xavier
#Classic
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:06am On Feb 16, 2022
So you guys have decided to go on hiatus as regards comments, no problem at all, maybe I should be thinking of doing same but anyways I meave.

So now, TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION:

1.) What's your take on the story so far?

2.) What's your view on the issue of richer wives? Do you support it or oppose it? Do you think all richer wives are that way?

3.) What's your take on the character of Emerald and Leonard so far?

4.) Are you in support of Leonard's decision and why?

Okay, let the engagement start flooding in. I'll be observing and engaging likewise.

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by slimsophiediva(f): 9:16am On Feb 16, 2022
This your new story seems like the opposite of the one you concluded: the bridge
Money can be intoxicating for the feeble minded

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by silverlinen(m): 11:59am On Feb 16, 2022
The thing be say, you just paint leonard like man wey no dey work.
Even if the woman get the house, dey pay house workers salaries, na she still dey foot him personal needs?
Haba Xavier this one no bam na..
Uf i were to be leonard,i would have left a long time ago
Funny thing be say him na my namesake buh him no dey behave like the meaning of our name.
Oga Xavier, bia nu continue.

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Graminyte9(m): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
The story is interesting so far, Leonard tried his best but he should know that money, power and fame brings out the beast/best in you. You should know when to walk away... grin

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2022
silverlinen:
The thing be say, you just paint leonard like man wey no dey work.
Even if the woman get the house, dey pay house workers salaries, na she still dey foot him personal needs?
Haba Xavier this one no bam na..
Uf i were to be leonard,i would have left a long time ago
Funny thing be say him na my namesake buh him no dey behave like the meaning of our name.
Oga Xavier, bia nu continue.

"She comes back very late at night, goes out late at night, talks to me anyhow, disregards my presence and person, takes decisions on the home without involving or even consulting me, why? Because she foots the bills, most of it, which is not my fault anyway, circumstance has made it so. You know, I have this feeling, this intuition, instinctive sensation that she's cheating on me"

I'm sure you saw the above statement by Leonard which was in the scene where he was speaking with Matthew which was in chapter three.

From that dialogue, you could see that, Emerald doesn't handle all the bills rather most of it which means Leonard handles some although less thanks to their financial status difference.

But the reason Emerald is behaving the way she is , is because she foots most of the bill and is all way wealthy than Leonard. Compare a banker's salary to that of the CEO of a multi million architecture company.

This whole attitude of her is due to the influence of some toxic women, I talked about that, that was in chapter two.

So you see I am not portraying Leonard as an irresponsible man but rather a victim.

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 4:19pm On Feb 16, 2022
slimsophiediva:
This your new story seems like the opposite of the one you concluded: the bridge
Money can be intoxicating for the feeble minded

It's called diversity. I'm mirroring different aspects of life. The Xav-Verse is not one that goes with one formula but rather goes with diversified story lines. Different aspects of life and themes will and is meant to be explored.

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by silverlinen(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2022
Xavier5:

I'm sure you saw the above statement by Leonard which was in the scene where he was speaking with Matthew which was in chapter three.

From that dialogue, you could see that, Emerald doesn't handle all the bills rather most of it which means Leonard handles some although less thanks to their financial status difference.

But the reason Emerald is behaving the way she is , is because she foots most of the bill and is all way wealthy than Leonard. Compare a banker's salary to that of the CEO of a multi million architecture company.

This whole attitude of her is due to the influence of some toxic women, I talked about that, that was in chapter two.

So you see I am not portraying Leonard as an irresponsible man but rather a victim.

#Xavier
Baba no reasonable man in his right senses go dey work still dey allow that kind thing to dey happen.
Anyways continue..no want begin dey drop log talks
Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
silverlinen:

Baba no reasonable man in his right senses go dey work still dey allow that kind thing to dey happen.
Anyways continue..no want begin dey drop log talks

Okay ohhhhhhhhh

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Teddybliss: 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Xavier5:
So you guys have decided to go on hiatus as regards comments, no problem at all, maybe I should be thinking of doing same but anyways I meave.

So now, TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION:

1.) What's your take on the story so far?

2.) What's your view on the issue of richer wives? Do you support it or oppose it? Do you think all richer wives are that way?

3.) What's your take on the character of Emerald and Leonard so far?

4.) Are you in support of Leonard's decision and why?

Okay, let the engagement start flooding in. I'll be observing and engaging likewise.

#Xavier

1)I am impressed so far with the story although I wish I could strangle Emerald to death with my bare hands

2)for me tho,I am in support of a rich partner either male or female,I believe learning to merge together with our resources is a good citeria for a good relationship,I am a case study with this story cus financially I am doing well but my partner is 3x financially stable than me.at first I was insecure because I felt she would dump me to go after her class of people but suprisingly,she doesn't even have that kind of mindset.she takes me out to their joint business parties whenever I am free,she doesn't request money from me but I do send funds to her atimes to use and spoil herself and she is always happy genuinely,I feel like every relationship needs to find their balance in one way or the other regarding finances

3) Emerald,hmm i think she will realize her mistake but by then the damages will be too much to control,and Leonard I am happy he moved out to avoid see finish and I know he will turn out better and even better than Emerald but abeg,don't make Leonard takes her back again,he should end up with someone else

4)I support him moving cus cheating is the last thing I can endure as a guy,it's a deal breaker.you can trash talk me but if I discover you cheated on me,then it's goodbye to that relationship no matter what

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
Teddybliss:

1)I am impressed so far with the story although I wish I could strangle Emerald to death with my bare hands

2)for me tho,I am in support of a rich partner either male or female,I believe learning to merge together with our resources is a good citeria for a good relationship,I am a case study with this story cus financially I am doing well but my partner is 3x financially stable than me.at first I was insecure because I felt she would dump me to go after her class of people but suprisingly,she doesn't even have that kind of mindset.she takes me out to their joint business parties whenever I am free,she doesn't request money from me but I do send funds to her atimes to use and spoil herself and she is always happy genuinely,I feel like every relationship needs to find their balance in one way or the other regarding finances

3) Emerald,hmm i think she will realize her mistake but by then the damages will be too much to control,and Leonard I am happy he moved out to avoid see finish and I know he will turn out better and even better than Emerald but abeg,don't make Leonard takes her back again,he should end up with someone else

4)I support him moving cus cheating is the last thing I can endure as a guy,it's a deal breaker.you can trash talk me but if I discover you cheated on me,then it's goodbye to that relationship no matter what

Brilliant commentary bro. I really enjoyed reading through it

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:55am On Feb 17, 2022
#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Carterj007(m): 9:59am On Feb 17, 2022
I've been enjoying the story so far. It always keeping me on the edge. I love the story.

It's 50/50, because not all women would ride on their husbands when they are richer than them. Though some women will use the opportunity to show their men the other side that they didn't have the opportunity of showing.

Emerald's character is so disheartening. It's such a bad example for women.
Lenoard has been a very patient man and that's my kind of person.

Lenoard made a very good decision leaving the house. Imagine rubbing your extra marital sexual affair to your husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2022
Carterj007:
I've been enjoying the story so far. It always keeping me on the edge. I love the story.

It's 50/50, because not all women would ride on their husbands when they are richer than them. Though some women will use the opportunity to show their men the other side that they didn't have the opportunity of showing.

Emerald's character is so disheartening. It's such a bad example for women.
Lenoard has been a very patient man and that's my kind of person.

Lenoard made a very good decision leaving the house. Imagine rubbing your extra marital sexual affair to your husband.

This is amazing

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier55(m): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2022
#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier55(m): 6:33pm On Feb 17, 2022
When was the last time? Can you remember?

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Dedicated to Jullyrosy, Bam17, Teddybliss, Eddysilver, silverlinen, Carterj007, slimsophiediva, Abdulreheem

CHAPTER ELEVEN

***SIX MONTHS LATER***

"Okay sweetheart, daddy gotcha go. Bye. Love you," Leonard said ending the call with Clara.

When he separated from her mother months ago she was deeply hurt and sad. She couldn't cope with the fact that she probably won't be seeing her father ever again, someone she has grown to be so fond of. Leonard heard her piercing cry when he walked out of the house that day, he felt the urge to turn back but he persisted, persisted to his new found freedom. He kept to his vow to always be there for his daughter. Even though he's separated from her mother, he ensured it doesn't seem so. Visits, hanging out and calls were frequent. He also provided money for her upkeep. All these were done to ensure Clara never experienced the trauma of their separation.

Talking about separation, Leonard and Emerald never did a proper divorce all thanks to Leonard. To him those were just waste of time. To Leonard, divorce is base on the decision of the Individuals, same thing with marriage. From his perspective, marriage is formed or created or established when two people make the personal decision to become husband and wife, at that point, they're married with or without the societal or religious marital rite. God and the universe recognizes the union just as in the case of Adam and Eve. Personal marital decision just like societal and religious marital rites or weddings is a means, one of the means to become married but he also maintains that it's good to carry out the societal and religious marital rites, one of the reasons being to get the validation of the society and religious institution on the marriage. To him, Just like it takes decision for marriage to be done, it also takes decision for divorce to be done with or without a conventional divorce or divorce rite. When married couples or one of them makes the decision to leave the marriage or seize being partner(s). God and the universe recognizes it. At that moment they seize to be husband and wife whether they carry out the divorce rites or not. Conventional divorce isn't compulsory. To Leonard, it was just a waste of time and a heapy load of stress. Why pass through all that when you can just make the decision, separate and move on with your life or lives.

Leonard now breathes an air of relief, freedom at last. Better in being divorced than being in a relationship with a witch. No disrespect, no disregard, no fights, no insults, no ridicule, no cheating, just you and your personal space and peace, wow, that's phenomenal.

Affliction shall never rise a second time, that's what they say but they fail to add that, that's only possible if and only if you don't let it to. His experience with Emerald is one he will never allow to occur again, never again. He has sworn on his life that he will never date talk more of getting married to a lady richer than him whether before or in the relationship or marriage, he will ensure he rejects or oppose such. Even if she's richer, the gap will be atomic. Hooking up is actually a desire but he has to be discreet in the choice of a partner. He doesn't want a life terrifier. He's only into serious and committed relationships not the other way round or even playboyism. If he's to date, it's going to be for something real, something serious, something purposeful. That's his relationship principle.

Leonard has found himself being the center of attraction of an attractive lady. He met her at the wedding reception of Joel, his colleague. They clicked and became friends, real tight ones but it seems the friendship has or is about transisting into something deeper. He knows very well that Diana loves him. He sees it in the way she treats him, relates with him, speak to him, looks at him. They all reek of love, care and affection. She drops subtle messages whenever they're together or hanging out or communicating. Diana is actually a lovely lady. She's beautiful, sexy, beautifully endowed, loving, intelligent and rich. Rich, that's the problem. If he hadn't been with Emerald, he wouldn't have hesistated in dating and even getting married to her but his experience is holding him back from such move. He can't be a victim again. Wait a minute, why is life so troublesome? Why look for his trouble and disturb his peace by bringing another rich lady his way? What's it with him and rich ladies? Is it a curse or what? Is he cursed to be with them? Of all the guys out there, why should or must he be the one Diana should be interested in? Well, life can go to hell, that's if that is possible, doing what it's doing or about to do, but all he knows is, AFFLICTION SHALL NOT RISE A SECOND TIME. To hell with life. To hell with Diana. To hell with any rich lady out there. He isn't going to be intimately involve with Diana though she's a nice lady, but to hell with her niceness.

Ladies of her kind, rich ladies like her, they appear to you looking or being nice, perfect, right, ideal, loving, caring, respectful but within they're nothing but corruption, a tomb, sheol, grave filled with nothing but filth, rottenness and decay, just waiting for the right moment to be unleashed which is the moment you hook up or get married to them. Experience has taught him that. One may say, all rich ladies are not the same. Because one ill treats you doesn't mean another will, but sweetheart, how do you know the good from the bad? The only way to do that is to test the water but in testing the water you may get drown, higher probability and if you ever manage to get out, you are getting out or may get out damaged, once again, higher probability. Tons and tons of men can attest to that, him, Leonard, being one of them. To play safe as a survivor, the best thing to do is to stay off. These rich studress aren't loyal. There is no way him and Diana or any rich lady out there will ever ever ever ever everrrrrrrrrrrrrr be together. he will have to be beheaded first. He's done being a victim. He's not being stereotypical, he's been a survivor. He doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks, this is his bloody philosophy.

"There's a limit to what a woman can take with regards to her feelings, Leonard," Diana said. The duo are sitted on a couch facing each other, their bodies leaning on it backrest. Leonard nodded in response.

"True. Same goes for men."

"Not as that of women. In the case of a woman, it's should I say, intense, deep. I can attest to that."

"Hmmmmmmm."

"It doesn't take an Einstein to know that I have feelings for you. I love you Leonard, yes I do. Come on, it's glaring. The green lights, the signs are glaring." Leonard sighed.

"I know."

"You know?" She asked surprised.

"If that's the case, why haven't you responded? Why haven't you reciprocated the feelings I have for you? Why leave me stranded?"

"It's because of you."

"Me? How?" Leonard sighed and went quiet for seconds.

"You're rich."

"So? How is that an issue?"

"It is. You see, I have a vow or should I say I made a vow not to be with a rich lady or any lady richer than me again."

"A vow? Again? Why?"

"Because I don't want to be a victim of disrespect and ill treatment from my woman simply because she's richer than me."

"That's preposterous. Wait wait wait a minute, just wait. What!!!" She reacted sitting up, Leonard followed suit.

"Such decision was made after my experience."

"Experience? Leo, I'm not understanding the gibberish you're spilling out of your mouth," she said. He told her his story with Emerald. She was dumbstruck after hearing it.

"That's terrible. How come you never told me about it."

"Because it's a dark past I choose not to bring to the present."

"That's terrible. I can't possibly imagine what you passed through. Emerald's actions are uncalled for. To a guy like you, it's an aberration," she paused and stared longily at him.

"You're a good man, an ideal one, every woman's dream man, my kind of man. You're loving, caring, respectful, understanding, kind, intelligent, matured and responsible. Those are the qualities I need in my man. That's what made me fell deeply for you. I desire to be yours and you, mine. I love you, I yearn for you, I desire and want you reciprocating same feeling for me. Please Leonard, let me love you. Let me be your partner. Let me be your woman. Let me be yours. That's all I desire, please," she said cupping his cheek.

"That's not possible, you know why."

"Because Emerald treated you badly doesn't mean I will. Because some women are like that doesn't mean all women are like that. Not all rich ladies are like that. Those that are that way aren't so because of their wealth rather because that's their attitude, wealth only gives them an avenue to exude it, well except in few cases. Besides, there are women who are less richer than their men that do such, can you explain that? It's all about character. A lady that possesses good character and values will never do that. I'm one of those ladies. I will never disrespect or ill treat you as my man. It's a promise I made to myself. A principle I vow to live by."

"I vowed to love and respect my man whether richer than him or not. My wealth will be use by us and for us, not against you. I'm not Emerald, Emerald is not me. I'm Diana, I'm different. Emerald does not represent all the women, she doesn't stand in for them. She only stands in or represent herself and those like her. Please don't let her actions towards you make you stereotypical. Don't let it stop us from being together. I Iove you Leonard. Just let me prove to you how much I do, how much I'm different from her. Please." Leonard stared at her after she concluded her speech. He shrugged.

"Well, FYI, Your words haven't made any impact. Face reality, we can't be together. I can't let you prove anything because doing so will be me becoming a victim again, becoming damaged. That's something I vowed not to experience." He paused. "So just leave me the hell alone. Go to men out there that are willing to be victims. They will gladly accept you. Leave me alone. I don't want a tormentor in my life," he uttered rashly. Diana closed her eyes briefly in reaction.

"You're so despicable," she uttered in exasperation standing up, Leonard followed suit.

"Yeah I am, if that's what it means when I choose to protect myself from affliction," he replied, his past came rushing in, filling him with rage. "Listen woman, your kind made me what I am. Ladies like you, richer ladies like you, they appear from the onset and outwardly as nice, perfect, ideal, loving, caring, supportive and respectful but within they're nothing but pollution, agents of agony just waiting for the right moment to unleash the hell, terror, devastation, catastrophy and witch within them. I've been a victim, I can't be a victim again, not anymore, so to hell with you and your love."

"You know what, you're just nothing but a stereotypical bigot, filled with hate and frustration for women like me, wealthy women like me. Well, to hell with you and the love I had for you. Now, I know the real you, those positive attributes and attitudes of yours were just facades. You're nothing but a frustrated stereotypical angry misomania. You're psychotic," Diana poured. "Even if you didn't want to accept my proposal, couldn't you do it nicely, if not for anything else at least for the friendship we share but no, you choose to let emotions overwhelm you and you became rash about it, venting all your frustrations on me, this innocent me. Listen mister, I'm not the cause of your problems, Emerald is, so dearie, go and vent your frustrations on her. You want me out of your life, fine, I'm going. Whatever we share seizes this instant, besides, I can't be a friend to a psychotic, misomania and a frustrated stereotype."

"It's called being a survivor. I will always cherish what we shared, sad thing it has to come to an end but certain things must be, anyways, I wish you well." She hissed deeply at him, her demeanor reeked of anger, disgust and irritation. She picked her handbag and walked out on him.

"Vile," she screamed walking out of his house. He smirked in response. Sacrifices including sacrifice of friendship has to be made to be happy, free and avoid leaving in agony ever again.

#Xavier
#Classic
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:11am On Feb 18, 2022
Okay guys, let the comment start pouring in, they're needed and appreciated.

I want to appreciate those that've purchased the book, thank you. I'm really glad for your patronage.

As for my readers, you guys rock

#Xavier

Re: Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 7:13am On Feb 18, 2022
so, TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION:

Do you think Leonard is becoming toxic?

I need your takes on this

#Xavier

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism / Christopher (A Short Story) / Which Of These Did You Read?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.