Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke (31599 Views)

My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother / 12-year-old Boy Destroys His Mothers House Because She Took His Phone Away / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by tctrills: 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders.
It's A Long Read But Please Bear With Me

Am the only child, Am A Boy,my mom died when I was 3 years and am the only child.so it's been only me and dad since and his girlfriends..

Recently I started smoking, He noticed it..My dad too smokes but only cigarette,He has been smoking past a Decade Now But He looks very Healthy And Chubby Too So You won't Know He Smokes Unless Your Saw Him smoking.

So He told Me To Stop Smoking,And He Was Angry With Me For A Week plus,Later The Anger Reduced..He Taught I Smoked Only Cigarette but I Smoke Both cigar and Arizona Weed,Jus those Two.i Don't Take alcohol.
I Stopped Smoking Though,It Was on Saturday Being Feb 4,That I Relapsed,I Smoked A.Z,So My Dad And Her Current Girlfriend Came Back,She went To The Backyard And Saw the Aches and The Brown Rizzla..Then she went and Told My Dad,My Dad Came Into My Room And Started Saying Plenty Things,Lastly He told me To Leave His House Tomorrow Being Sunday Feb 05. He then left My Room, I Was Shocked,I Didn't What To Do Or Say To Him

So in The Morning I went Out To Buy Something,When I Came Back He Locked The Back Door From inside,So I Couldn't Open It With My Keys.I Knocked And Told Him It Was Me,He Told Me To Go Back To Where I Come From And i Should Not Knock Ever Again.This Made Angry,He Didn't Even Give Me The Chance To Apologize,I Used Vex And Told Him Oya Let Me Carry My Property,He Said He Will Throw it For Me,That He Is Already Packing My Belongings,Few Minutes Later He Threw It for Me,I Was Down So He Threw It From Up...So I Left to Stay With a Friend in another State.

So My Question Now Is what My Father Did The Right thing?My Telling Me To Leave His House Cos I smoke, Am 19 Years Of Age, I Will be 20 This Year.I heard too Many ulcers and Helicobacter pylori Which Leads To Stomach Cancer,Yet He Told Me To Leave, He Was The Buying Medicine For Me But He Knows The Ulcer And Helicobacter pylori Hasn't Healed Final.He Knows I Don't Have Money To Fend For Myself Yet,i Always Go To His Shop To Help Him With His business.

What He Did By Telling Me To Leave Is It Right?I Don't SMOKE Outside,I only SMOKE In Our Flat,Cos I Don't Want People To Know I SmokE,My Dad Will be Ashamed When People Tell Him I Smoke ,He is a Very Popular Man Here..

Today I Chatted Him And Told Him Am Sorry For My actions,The First Thing He Told Me Was (you will never see good In your life)..I Didn't Mind Though The Curse though, I Begged Him,And He Told Me To Come Back,But Am Really Not Happy With Him,What if I Have Accident?what if I was Kidnapped?He didn't Think Of Those ones instead He sent Me Parking, I Have always Be A Good son which he tells me Frequently,I don't give him Headache.Just Only That Smoke

Even Though He Told Me To Come Back Am Still annoyed With Him,Instead of Him to Help Me To Stop ,He Told Me To Leave His House And Go continue Smoking.Those Words Hurt Me....

Should I Go back To Him And Start Planing To Save Money And Relocate?Cos I don't Have a Dime Now,And My ulcer Hasn't Healed Complete...I haven't even Eaten Good Food since yesterday,Just one okpa
My Main Question Are (Did My Dad Do The Right Thing By Telling Me To Leave,Should I Go Back To Stay With Him??Or should I Stay Here At My friend Place and start Hustling For Myself??

Please Moderators Should help Move to Front page,Am in Deep confusion Now.Thanks
You are over 18. your father does not owe you.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by duro4chang(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:

He Told Me To Come Back Because I Apologize For Smoking And That I will Never Smoke Again.If 'Not That I apologize He would Not Have Told Me To Come Back
Wes now.
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by slimmoney(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
i don't just understand this generation, u follow adult do wetin dem dey do and dey don catch u, now ur father don do graduation for u (sending u out of the house to enjoy fully) and u still dey complain, comrade y na?

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by holaralph(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
IF YOU CAN SMOKE WEED YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY AND ENDURE THE CONSEQUENCES OF WEED SMOKING
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by JoseRaji(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:

He Told Me To Come Back Because I Apologize For Smoking And That I will Never Smoke Again.If 'Not That I apologize He would Not Have Told Me To Come Back

You're 19. You do know that you should stop smoking. Seek help. Work on your mindset.
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Chrixtopha(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders.

Am the only child, Am A Boy,my mom died when I was 3 years and am the only child.so it's been only me and dad since and his girlfriends..

Recently I started smoking, He noticed it..My dad too smokes but only cigarette,He has been smoking past a Decade Now But He looks very Healthy And Chubby Too So You won't Know He Smokes Unless Your Saw Him smoking.

So He told Me To Stop Smoking,And He Was Angry With Me For A Week plus,Later The Anger Reduced..He Taught I Smoked Only Cigarette but I Smoke Both cigar and Arizona Weed,Jus those Two.i Don't Take alcohol.
I Stopped Smoking Though,It Was on Saturday Being Feb 4,That I Relapsed,I Smoked A.Z,So My Dad And Her Current Girlfriend Came Back,She went To The Backyard And Saw the Aches and The Brown Rizzla..Then she went and Told My Dad,My Dad Came Into My Room And Started Saying Plenty Things,Lastly He told me To Leave His House Tomorrow Being Sunday Feb 05. He then left My Room, I Was Shocked,I Didn't What To Do Or Say To Him

So in The Morning I went Out To Buy Something,When I Came Back He Locked The Back Door From inside,So I Couldn't Open It With My Keys.I Knocked And Told Him It Was Me,He Told Me To Go Back To Where I Come From And i Should Not Knock Ever Again.This Made Angry,He Didn't Even Give Me The Chance To Apologize,I Used Vex And Told Him Oya Let Me Carry My Property,He Said He Will Throw it For Me,That He Is Already Packing My Belongings,Few Minutes Later He Threw It for Me,I Was Down So He Threw It From Up...So I Left to Stay With a Friend in another State.

So My Question Now Is what My Father Did The Right thing?My Telling Me To Leave His House Cos I smoke, Am 19 Years Of Age, I Will be 20 This Year.I heard too Many ulcers and Helicobacter pylori Which Leads To Stomach Cancer,Yet He Told Me To Leave, He Was The Buying Medicine For Me But He Knows The Ulcer And Helicobacter pylori Hasn't Healed Final.He Knows I Don't Have Money To Fend For Myself Yet,i Always Go To His Shop To Help Him With His business.

What He Did By Telling Me To Leave Is It Right?I Don't SMOKE Outside,I only SMOKE In Our Flat,Cos I Don't Want People To Know I SmokE,My Dad Will be Ashamed When People Tell Him I Smoke ,He is a Very Popular Man Here..

Today I Chatted Him And Told Him Am Sorry For My actions,The First Thing He Told Me Was (you will never see good In your life)..I Didn't Mind Though The Curse though, I Begged Him,And He Told Me To Come Back,But Am Really Not Happy With Him,What if I Have Accident?what if I was Kidnapped?He didn't Think Of Those ones instead He sent Me Parking, I Have always Be A Good son which he tells me Frequently,I don't give him Headache.Just Only That Smoke

Even Though He Told Me To Come Back Am Still annoyed With Him,Instead of Him to Help Me To Stop ,He Told Me To Leave His House And Go continue Smoking.Those Words Hurt Me....

Should I Go back To Him And Start Planing To Save Money And Relocate?Cos I don't Have a Dime Now,And My ulcer Hasn't Healed Complete...I haven't even Eaten Good Food since yesterday,Just one okpa
My Main Question Are (Did My Dad Do The Right Thing By Telling Me To Leave,Should I Go Back To Stay With Him??Or should I Stay Here At My friend Place and start Hustling For Myself??

Please Moderators Should help Move to Front page,Am in Deep confusion Now.Thanks

Do you want to continue smoking?, he owns the house and feels telling you to leave the house was the best way to correct and he wasn't wrong because you are still a small boy and doesn't have what it takes to stay on your own. so quit smoking, it's not good for your health coupled with your medical condition....your father has been a good guy for not marrying all these long, just knacking, so don't give him reason to consider marrying another wife because of your bad character that may lead him loosing you. not marrying another woman is because of you and nothing more. be a good and get admission, let him train you...then while in school, if you want to kill yourself with smoke, you are free but not in his house

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by MsFaith: 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
chiefsosa don tell you grin

1 Share

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Tats(m): 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
OP, please why do you write with sentence case? Its kind of difficult to read. sad
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by do4luv14(m): 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:

Go back home, you can't fend for yourself, your are healing from ucler yet you are smoking, nah the smoke go heal you

because you dad smoke you too follow suit right, you are playing with your life

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Belleful: 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
@op, to beat u dey hungry me. U said ur father came to ur room to scold u, u said u didn't do or know what to do. In the morning he lock u outside, u said he didn't give u a chance to apologise. What stop's you from going to him in the night to apologise or in d morning before going out? He only send u parking thinking u would come to ur sense and apologise instantly, but u chose to form big boy and left. Wen hungry beat u, Sha u remember to beg. For how long do u think that ur Friend would be accommodated and be feeding u? Think of ur health first. Smoking and ulcer no be friends. Go back home and be a good son.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by foreshore(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders.

Your sins are forgiven you, Go back and sin no more

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by mudiana(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
Alitair:
The truth is a smoker will always give birth to a smoker

Use your head so you will not give your father High BP.

If I were you, I will stop casting around the house and environs where you are known. If you ain't in school yet then be patient and try to get admitted.

It will help to rebuild the trust between you and your father.
that is not true at all. smokers don't give birth to smokers. It's a habit that can be learnt.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by ITbomb(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
Don't shit where you eat

As long as you are under his roof and eating his food.
His house, his rules

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Olam09(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders.

I think I've seen your thread before about your dad not allowing you to work or go out without his permission.. actually I'll like to tell you smoking is a bad habit. Stop smoking and you pinpointed about you having ulcer and other ailment, smoking will only complicate them it won't do you any good.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by danfourtson(m): 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
GO BACK AND SMOKE NO MORE
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by SocialJustice: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:

I know you will only pause the smoking for sometime before you resume. When you resume, please do not leave any trace or ashes or anything behind.

Your dad only reacted how best he knows, no need to keep a grudge against him. If you are not in university yet, then try gaining admission. It will give you freedom.

Start planning your life now, how to become independent and be earning your own money. You need to be sharp.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Olam09(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
mudiana:
that is not true at all. smokers don't give birth to smokers. It's a habit that can be learnt.

Yea, i have a friend whose dad smokes a lot but this my guy hate smoking and drinking asf!

Sometimes ago the guy no wan lemme know say him paale dey smoke. I think he's ashamed.
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Antoeni(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
Why did you Smoke and Get Caught?
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
Your Daddy loves you...he didn't want you to die young, although u wish to. Despite all those diseases you mentioned above, you still find solace in smoking.

What he meant by you to leave his house is not what he expected of you. His expectation is you to kneel down, prostrate and apologize with sober mood. But you decided to use strong head because you're the only one he has.

Go back home, call him and apologize, tell him to pray for you. Stop smoking and be good to yourself and the whole nation.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by vee22: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
I had a bro this same thing happened to was chased out by his dad for smoking he didn't apologise he went out and thought he could make it on his own. Guess what he is 50+ not married no kid no achievements but he still smoke and blames his dad and wife for destroying his life. You must play by his rules as long as you still under his roof when you are on your own you can smoke as you like and even make your 19yr old son smoke with you

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by phorget(m): 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders.

You don't have a dime but you have dimes to buy AZ and cigarettes? You have ulcer and yet you smoke and you expect your Oldman to keep wasting his money on your treatments.
You better thank your good dad, he wants the best for you.
You gain nothing by smoking those shits and if you don't stop now then you'll soon graduate into smoking more substances in times to come and that will eventually kill you.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by kelpat581(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
Don't go through that lane ,it's not worth it, smoking is never in anyway beneficial,you will loose more than you gain,the earlier you stop the better for you,I'm saying this to you from experience.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Victerica(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
I dey try to imagine wetin dat ur dad's girlfriend tell am.

Are u in good terms with her?
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by opera1(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
Well written boldly on the pack/box that: SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG FROM LUNG CANCER. You had ulcer yet you are still smoking, if anything should happen to you now, they will be calling village people or devil and not knowing that you are the root cause of your problem.

Just like a prodigal son, go back to your father and do his wish. He truly loves you and he didn't want you to perish that's why he asked you to come back home.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
I totally Understand your predicament, You have 3 Options.
If you want to continue smoking weed
1)you Must either learn to make the money you use in buying it or you must be smart enough to not let your Family members know.
3. Stop smoking weed, it is not a necessary Habit. moreover it is an expensive habit. However, If you can make your money to smoke weed, Absolutely nobody can tell you not to do what you want.
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by OvertheTop(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
STOP Asking if your Father did the Right Thing.....He his your Father! and i feel he is very Hurt by your Actions and Needs to correct you SRICTLY.
to me that's Though Love and it Ok.

The Main Question is: Did you do the Right thing.....taking the Path of SMOKING all sorts....

I will Advise you to Go back and Avoid Smoking.....Channel your Energy to positive Tasks like Self Development to be a Better person (get a Job or Study hard and Avoid Crime) save up and then get Responsible.

Your Father will be Proud of your Transformation.....

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by mechanics(m): 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
You have to abstain from smoking so you won't have issues with your system.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Sleyk: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Double0h7:
Yep, sounds legit to me. If you want to ruin your life then you should pay your own bills. You're an adult now so welcome to reality! I would do exactly what your father did and being an emotional woman, I'd probably add a beating to your eviction. Imagine thinking you could smoke drugs at your parents house! This generation have zero fear or respect.

Ps... you can't even type a simple document/article correctly so it's safe to say you've neglected your education too. God forbid a nonsense child.

Yen yen yen....tell that to the Chinese or Russians that don't write with English.
I hate this type of nonsense.
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by Oceanjagaban: 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
With all due respect your father is a bleeped up man
Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by conscienceman4(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
You have ulcer and you are smoking.
You think you are wiser than your father.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke by ratio4real(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
NnolimNzubechi:
Hello Nairalanders.

What ur dad did as far as am concerned is good, it is called correctional act..... U as an individual is making ur dad go through pain codedly because I am very sure he is not happy that u are sick and u smoking again will only make ur sickness worse..... I think it's best u go back home just like the prodigal son.... Pls try and stop smoking for ur own sake and for u to help ur dad's mental health.... Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stolen Baby Recovered After 22 Days, Hale, Hearty (photo) / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders / I Won’t Quit New Marriage, Woman Who Married Daughter’s Boyfriend Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.