Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications (21883 Views)

Nigeria’s Foreign Assets At Risk As Enron Seeks To Enforce $22m Arbitration / I Won't Campaign For Atiku, Others - Obasanjo / Goldcoast Dickson's Burial: Osinbajo, Atiku Others Attend (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by od4life(m): 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2022
Akinwumi Adesina, president of the African Development Bank (AfDB), has congratulated Atiku Abubakar, former Vice-President for obtaining a master’s degree at the Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, United Kingdom.

The former vice-president obtained a master’s degree in international relations.

The AfDB president sent his congratulatory message via a tweet on Saturday.

Adesina said the investment and devotion to higher education of the 2019 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is “inspiring”.

“I congratulate H.E. Atiku Abubakar @atiku former Vice President of Nigeria on passing 2 days ago his Masters in International Relations degree program at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK,” Adesina said.

“Your investments in & devotion to higher education are inspiring. Well done Sir!”

In July, Adesina said the former vice-president contributed immensely to his emergence as head of the continental finance institution.

This accomplishment will add to Abubakar’s educational curriculum vitae.

In 1967, the former vice-president obtained a diploma from the School of Hygiene, Kano. He later obtained a law diploma at the Ahmadu Bello University with a regional scholarship in 1969.

After obtaining the law diploma, he was absorbed into the Nigerian Customs Service.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by 77up(m): 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
Tinubu we want .

BAT 2023

On your mandate we stand !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by paulos8: 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
This bill is even long over due. We don't want to copy good things from the west. Can someone with just high school knowledge be US president? But the morons will be saying it doesn't matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by walemoney007(m): 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Acecube:
So Sowore doesn't have a degree
I'm shock sef

I thought he graduated from Unilag

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by bobbybrown007: 3:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
You see, they make laws to suite their standard and when we do ours they say different things.
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Omonigho1976: 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
Pesatgggggg:
Ok
If your socalled surebet is so sure why not collect loan from fairmoney and play it Didirin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by olas24u(f): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Acecube:
He went to columbia and has a masters degree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by farem: 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Quelme:
Tinubu is taking over as the most qualified and experience amongst the lot.

Jagaban!!! The incoming president...

So in your myopic reasoning, Tinubu don become as the 'most qualified'. Shior
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Bluntemperor: 3:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
2023 sha

It's unfortunate that virtually everything is being politicised in Nigeria!
What is wrong in raising the entry level qualifications of our leaders that wants to go to highest level of power? Even the National Assembly are just not serious.Why should those seeking such Office not well grounded and only use Naira-as settlements.
Shame everywhere!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by wwwihy: 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
od4life:
Akinwumi Adesina, president of the African Development Bank (AfDB), has congratulated Atiku Abubakar, former Vice-President for obtaining a master’s degree at the Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, United Kingdom.

The former vice-president obtained a master’s degree in international relations.

The AfDB president sent his congratulatory message via a tweet on Saturday.

Adesina said the investment and devotion to higher education of the 2019 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is “inspiring”.

“I congratulate H.E. Atiku Abubakar @atiku former Vice President of Nigeria on passing 2 days ago his Masters in International Relations degree program at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK,” Adesina said.

“Your investments in & devotion to higher education are inspiring. Well done Sir!”

In July, Adesina said the former vice-president contributed immensely to his emergence as head of the continental finance institution.

This accomplishment will add to Abubakar’s educational curriculum vitae.

In 1967, the former vice-president obtained a diploma from the School of Hygiene, Kano. He later obtained a law diploma at the Ahmadu Bello University with a regional scholarship in 1969.

After obtaining the law diploma, he was absorbed into the Nigerian Customs Service.

law diploma is not first degree, where did he obtained first degree before enrolling for Masters? The Master could be one week seminar master normally organized in hotels

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
Quelme:

No be where Amaechi dey

Tinubu is annointed by some yorubas while Amaechi is annointed by Abuja and the presidency
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by TheABOMINATION: 4:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
Quelme:

You mean Nigeria is about to have another lifeless president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by airsaylongcome: 4:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
Acecube:

Does a degree guarantee anything? At my place of work (a successful small telecoms company) there are only a handful of university graduates. Doing exploits in their specialty. University Education, especially the type practiced in Nigeria, does not guarantee anybody anything. With all the "blocking" and "sorting"? We need to emancipate ourselves from the erroneous belief that University Education makes one a better human/leader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by TheABOMINATION: 4:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
walemoney007:
I'm shock sef
He probably can no longer find his certificate.
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Tingotoe: 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
agbari1:
Buying a degree from any of these universities around in Nigeria can not be difficult.
It's very difficcult

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by airsaylongcome: 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
walemoney007:
I'm shock sef

Lol! Forget that nonsense. Sowore is a University graduate. He probably decided to submit only the barest minimum required.

Look at Dr Maduka that ran for governor in Anambra State. His highest qualification submitted for the Anambra election was his WAEC. This is a very successful medical practitioner in the US o. And his "highest" qualification with INEC is WAEC. Sowore didn't serve (NYSC). So he is trying to avoid problem by submitting only his WAEC. Not like I am a Sowore fan

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
od4life:
Atiku got a masters degree last year from a university in the UK.

Of course.

But I wonder why his pic and name decorates the post.

Atiku this,Tinubu that.
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Babaken(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
And bubu present what Nepa bill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by snoopz: 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
Untill Dem sign o, no believe anything, atiku With his big bags can quash that stuff o
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Polchiz(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
obinoral1179:
My main issues is that Sowore tender O level as his highest qualification and he still have the gust to be abusing the past leaders......
Swore has a Masters degree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by mu2sa2: 4:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
od4life:
Atiku got a masters degree last year from a university in the UK.
Atiku is also said to hold a law degree from unimaid, even though he's not known to have attended a single class at that university!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Forgodsgrace: 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
Acecube:

He has more than Bsc(MSc holder)He just presented School cert.,but he is a graduate from Unilag.
Former Unilag student union president and a lecturer in university in America.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by walemoney007(m): 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

He probably can no longer find his certificate.
grin
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by ykalhaji(m): 4:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
This amendment is super dead on arrival. They need to fully ammend the constitution to get this done. Good luck getting 2/3rd votes both in the Senate, house of rep and also in 24 state house of assemblies in Nigeria. These fools just like to waste Nigerians time by taking us on a merry go round.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Yankee101: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
You need most state assemblies to pass the legislation before you change the constitution

Northerners will kill it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by drnoel: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
Egalitarian1:
Fantastic! In fact, I like and support this bill because it's long awaited.

Yes, education is not everything but it has a way of sharpening your mental horizon for better cum quality reasoning targeted towards approaching every issue with fecundity and analytical precision. Personally, even with my M.Sc. and PhD in view, I still cannot wait to conclude the PhD to enable me pursue a degree in Law (which has been my life time dream because, I must also be referred to as Learned Counsel).

Ka oya adikwa gi, ya di gi! I no send you market at all!

I agree to an extent but not if it makes it ripe for Tinubu to win
Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Abujason: 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
ERCROSS:
We all know our brothers up north will not allow this bill to pass

No be lie you talk.

But let’s say it passes, what do we now do to Buhari who did not even go to secondary school and has been lying about it all these years?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by drnoel: 4:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
Yankee101:
You need most state assemblies to pass the legislation before you change the constitution

Northerners will kill it
Ofcos the bill won't pass beyond too much noise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by Rick9(m): 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
I would be the most elated if this bill can succeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Atiku, Others At Risk As Reps To Raise Minimum Education Qualifications by YungMillionaire: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
So this Atiku is an illiterate and I almost voted for him last time? Chai! Na wa oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Honours Dr Adadevoh, Abdulsamad Rabiu And 47 Others (Photos). / Why Lagos-PDP Rejected Obanikoro - Ogunlewe / APC Disbands Gulak Committee For Imo Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.