Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Introverts How Do You Deal With People. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts How Do You Deal With People. (1206 Views)

I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
I have noticed that for the past two years I have been gradually finding myself disassociating with people. I leave alone and sometimes I try to go online hopefully to meet people. When I meet people I over listen and chip in questions here and there to understand them and it mostly always ends up in misunderstanding. Its almost like I expect them to act in a particular way.
I have tried indulging in men's toys cars, bikes quads, tech and I haven't really had long excitement.
When I heard of the Metaverse and the ability to leave the real world and go anywhere I was excited to get in there. Probably with the idea that I may find like minds on there. However, for some reason I got bored and rarely go in there except for some light gaming.

In summary, I will like to know if anyone shares these experiences and if you were able to find a cure or solution, I would love to hear it.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by 11thGoldTREE: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
introverts are mostly perfectionist
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Mumben(f): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
Introverts are the most misunderstood people on planet Earth. People fail to realize that introverts enjoy their space and when u do, they consider u rude or a snub.

Do what makes you happy anyway, don't live ur life on other people's terms. Introversion is bae and you have less drama in ur life.

Introverts hardly get into trouble and when you do, there is that "someone" who is ready to carry your matter for head n defend you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Lostchild(m): 10:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
I wish I could go and live in space with no one to disturb me. But on earth here, I relate with people only in a professional level. And I prefare communicating via writing than talking.

I don't speak much, but I meditate and think a lot over anything and everything.

I like everything to be done in perfect order and in a professional level.

In conflict, I prefare dialogue (peace talk) with deeper understanding.

When I get married, my wife will have her own room, while I have mine. I will not share bed room and bathroom with my wife as I don't need disturb. I need 3 hours alone time to recharge every day, if not my health will deteriorate. (fatigue)

I don't tolerate noise unless there is music. I don't know how I will adjust when kids comes Into my life. sad

My two best friend are books and my TV. I read a lot of great deals of many books and explore the world via (National Geography channel) (NatGeo wild) (Travel Channels). These cable channels constantly remind me that, the world is huge and full of possibilities. smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by faithfull18(f): 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mumben:
Introverts are the most misunderstood people on planet Earth. People fail to realize that introverts enjoy their space and when u do, they consider u rude or a snub.

Do what makes you happy anyway, don't live ur life on other people's terms. Introversion is bae and you have less drama in ur life.

Introverts hardly get into trouble and when you do, there is that "someone" who is ready to carry your matter for head n defend you.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by socialmediaman: 12:14am On Feb 09, 2022
Introverts like to connect with people, just not too many people at once, and probably not too many strangers. They also prefer to control the timing of the meetings, and they also need time to recharge themselves. If you find yourself not wanting to associate with people, you’re not being introverted, you’re becoming antisocial.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by MaverickA3: 8:42am On Feb 09, 2022
I'm tired of being an introvert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Missionaire: 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
MaverickA3:
I'm tired of being an introvert

Become an Ambivert.

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by fineboynl(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
Introvert are nairalanders. They spend time online more than offline. They comment and have all the time.

Introvert can cause depression for lack of money or other vice especially when there is no one to talk to.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Zionzoom(m): 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
Lostchild:
I wish I could go and live in space with no one to disturb me.

But

On earth here, I relate with people only in a professional level, and I prefare communicating via writing than talking.

I don't speak much, but I meditate and think a lot over anything and everything.

When I get married, my wife will have her own room, while I have mine. I will not share bed room with my wife as I don't need disturb. I need 3 hours alone time to recharge every day, if not my health will deteriorate. (fatigue)

I don't tolerate noise unless there is music. I don't know how I will adjust when kids comes Into my life.

My two best friend are books and my TV. I read a lot of great deals of book and explore the world via

(National Geography channel) (NatGeo wild) (Travel Channels). These channels remind me that, the world is huge and full of possibilities.

yeah same here
People around me here feel like I am not man enough because I don't relate with them or they think I am the proud type because I don't talk and gist with them like that. If I don't have anywhere to go , I am always indoor

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
Lostchild:
I wish I could go and live in space with no one to disturb me.

But

On earth here, I relate with people only in a professional level, and I prefare communicating via writing than talking.

When I get married, my wife will have her own room, while I have mine. I will not share bed room with my wife as I don't need disturb. I need 3 hours alone time to recharge every day, if not my health will deteriorate. (fatigue)

I don't tolerate noise unless there is music. I don't know how I will adjust when kids comes Into my life.

My two best friend are books and my TV. I read a lot of great deals of book and explore the world via

(National Geography channel) (NatGeo wild) (Travel Channels). These channels remind me that, the world is huge and full of possibilities.

The past few years have been draining. Being around people who are emotional than logical gets to me. Most of my dates do not end well. My question to you is how do you find people fun?
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
Missionaire:

Become an Ambivert.
This is what I am doing. It isn't a Wal in the park. I know my problem are people related as I have tried satisfactory means without luck. I have learnt that you can have wealth but without like minded people you would find yourself back in your shell.

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
fineboynl:
Introvert are nairalanders. They spend time online more than offline. They comment and have all the time.

Introvert can cause depression for lack of money or other vice especially when there is no one to talk to.
On the flip side I now prefer physical meetings but after I recharge of course.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by jesmond3945: 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
socialmediaman:
Introverts like to connect with people, just not too many people at once, and probably not too many strangers. They also prefer to control the timing of the meetings, and they also need time to recharge themselves. If you find yourself not wanting to associate with people, you’re not being introverted, you’re becoming antisocial.
what of not wanting to associate as part of culture like in Uk?
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Missionaire: 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
megatran:

This is what I am doing. It isn't a Wal in the park. I know my problem are people related as I have tried satisfactory means without luck. I have learnt that you can have wealth but without like minded people you would find yourself back in your shell.

Hmmm...
1. Identify your interests.
2. Download the eventbrite app to find events in your area of interest in your location / City. Also check out the Meetup platform. Does similar thing although I think this one even had groups you can join.
3. Attend the events and network.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Lostchild(m): 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
megatran:

The past few years have been draining. Being around people who are emotional than logical gets to me. Most of my dates do not end well. My question to you is how do you find people fun?

In my 20's, being around people, friends and old buddies was fun. It was the best time of my life, but as I grow up, the real me began to emerge. I can work with people, but I no longer find people fun to be with.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 10, 2022
@megatran The biggest problem for me is trying to find same like minded and highly intelligent people ( that I like, and who are of the same age group) almost everybody talks 100% nonsense and bullshit, I don mute and almost block everybody for whatsap becos of how dumb, irritating and cringy their ways of seeing life is..... ThankGod for internet, I enjoy peace and have sane and highly intelligent conversations from people of other races, even a white dude at point I was talking to him I asked of his age I thought he was around 22, I was shocked wen he told me he was just 15......so I strongly believe no one should force themselves to create friendships and hv conversations with people who aren't up to their standards it's highly frustrating I tried it for yrs and I preferred jumping into a lagoon at a point, just cut off dumb people from ur life abeg, but just pretend to go along with them for the sake of peace, or just walk out totally and if they see ur action in a different way, they can go to hell if they want, anybody can fvckin go to hell if they want!

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2022
Missionaire:

Hmmm...
1. Identify your interests.
2. Download the eventbrite app to find events in your area of interest in your location / City. Also check out the Meetup platform. Does similar thing although I think this one even had groups you can join.
3. Attend the events and network.

Nice one. However I am not located in Lagos. I don't think that app will work in Akwa Ibom state. As per interests, outdoor sports like riding and site seeing. For indoors, it's mostly tech, gaming and experiences.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2022
Lostchild:

In my 20's, being around people, friends and old buddies was fun. It was the best time of my life, but as I grow up, the real me began to emerge. I can work with people, but I no longer find people fun to be with.

This is so me. It seems as we age, tolerance for people naturally reduces.

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 11:29am On Feb 10, 2022
Senomi:
@megatran The biggest problem for me is trying to find same like minded and highly intelligent people ( that I like, and who are of the same age group) almost everybody talks 100% nonsense and bullshit, I don mute and almost block everybody for whatsap becos of how dumb, irritating and cringy their ways of seeing life is..... ThankGod for internet, I enjoy peace and have sane and highly intelligent conversations from people of other races, even a white dude at point I was talking to him I asked of his age I thought he was around 22, I was shocked wen he told me he was just 15......so I strongly believe no one should force themselves to create friendships and hv conversations with people who aren't up to their standards it's highly frustrating I tried it for yrs and I preferred jumping into a lagoon at a point, just cut off dumb people from ur life abeg, but just pretend to go along with them for the sake of peace, or just walk out totally and if they see ur action in a different way, they can go to hell if they want, anybody can fvckin go to hell if they want!
I can relate. I had to get on with the Metaverse vibe with the aim of meeting more intelligent people. I have met a number of them on there. They are always suprised when I tell them I am a Nigerian. Apparently, Nigerians and Africans as a whole have not started porting to the new world.
The difficult part for me is that I am looking for that intelligence and smart in ladies mostly. Probably, because I am getting older and the innate need for "settlement" bugs on me. It's difficult I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Lostchild(m): 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
megatran:

This is so me. It seems as we age, tolerance for people naturally reduces.

100% √
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Trios(f): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
I only keep real and genuine friends.. And when I like you, its until my last breath.. I dont believe in having too many friends.. When we get to know each other, communication flows easily

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Missionaire: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
megatran:

Nice one. However I am not located in Lagos. I don't think that app will work in Akwa Ibom state. As per interests, outdoor sports like riding and site seeing. For indoors, it's mostly tech, gaming and experiences.

It can work. I'm not also in Lagos. I'm in one of the NC States.
You can check sporting events and groups on meetup.
Sports that are "interactive" are highly engaging and present opportunities to network and bond. For example, you may go bike riding alone but you can't play table tennis, lawn tennis, basketball, volleyball etc alone.

Maybe you can pick up another sport in addition to the one you already have. If you are close to any military barracks, you can go there. We usually have basketball courts, lawn tennis courts, volleyball and football courts and fields in barracks and cantonments.

You can also join a service group in your church if you are a Christian. Also, depending on the indoor games you play, you can find game fan groups on Facebook and even on meetup. You may find someone close to you that you can play with.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Missionaire: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
For me, I like my space. The people I hardly make friends with are church members. They can abuse it.
When you allow them come close to you, they begin to assume friendships. They would want to come to your house at odd hours especially when you work from home.
When you try to tell them that you are busy, you would look like a snub to them.
Brethren can inconvenience brethren. They want to use your towel and soap to bathe.
There is nothing I hate than seeing hair on my soap.

They abuse it. Before you know it, they will want to borrow money from you and they never pay back. When you want to get angry, they say you act like an unbeliever.
They don't understand that you need Your Own space and everybody should be productive and active with their time.

Communal living in this our present dispensation has done more harm than good. It has bred a sense of entitlement and laziness amongst people especially church people.

I like conversations that have depth especially in Tech, Education, Governance, Psychology etc. I'm sapiosexual.
These days, it is difficult to find people especially ladies that you can have intelligent conversations with.
I keep few friends. And they have been worth it.

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Totiemide: 8:45am On Feb 11, 2022
It isn't easy especially when people don't respect your space. Too much friends tire you out.
Some try taking advantage of you because they know once you like someone, it's for a long time. They feast on your vulnerability.

Books, music and drawings keeps me closeted.

Main reason why I joined nairaland cuz it's a faceless forum where you can decide to either observe or comment and still maintain your sanity.

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2022
Missionaire:
For me, I like my space. The people I hardly make friends with are church members. They can abuse it.
When you allow them come close to you, they begin to assume friendships. They would want to come to your house at odd hours especially when you work from home.
When you try to tell them that you are busy, you would look like a snub to them.
Brethren can inconvenience brethren. They want to use your towel and soap to bathe.
There is nothing I hate than seeing hair on my soap.

They abuse it. Before you know it, they will want to borrow money from you and they never pay back. When you want to get angry, they say you act like an unbeliever.
They don't understand that you need Your Own space and everybody should be productive and active with their time.

Communal living in this our present dispensation has done more harm than good. It has bred a sense of entitlement and laziness amongst people especially church people.

I like conversations that have depth especially in Tech, Education, Governance, Psychology etc. I'm sapiosexual.
These days, it is difficult to find people especially ladies that you can have intelligent conversations with.
I keep few friends. And they have been worth it.
I never looked at the church friendship from this angle. Someone here recommended the church friendship thing. Seeing your post will definitely get me reconsidering joining. I like my space and only like sharing it with interesting peeps.

1 Like

Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Saintmary(f): 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
socialmediaman:

Introverts and barrages of questions be like..............
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by megatran(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Missionaire:

It can work. I'm not also in Lagos. I'm in one of the NC States.
You can check sporting events and groups on meetup.
Sports that are "interactive" are highly engaging and present opportunities to network and bond. For example, you may go bike riding alone but you can't play table tennis, lawn tennis, basketball, volleyball etc alone.

Maybe you can pick up another sport in addition to the one you already have. If you are close to any military barracks, you can go there. We usually have basketball courts, lawn tennis courts, volleyball and football courts and fields in barracks and cantonments.

You can also join a service group in your church if you are a Christian. Also, depending on the indoor games you play, you can find game fan groups on Facebook and even on meetup. You may find someone close to you that you can play with.

If you lived here you will know that most of these meets won't work. Ladies here careless about smart fun. Drinks, sx and booze. Talk intelligent first and you find them dialing a guys number in your face. Not to be negative though. I believe there are exceptions that I am yet to find.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Missionaire: 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
megatran:

If you lived here you will know that most of these meets won't work. Ladies here careless about smart fun. Drinks, sx and booze. Talk intelligent first and you find them dialing a guys number in your face. Not to be negative though. I believe there are exceptions that I am yet to find.

Now I get you. It is unfortunate though.
Church events, state events and private events are some of the places to meet wonderful people.
There should be a chapter of Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship close to your location. You can join them.

You can also attend some churches events that are youth centered. You can meet wonderful people there.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by Missionaire: 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
megatran:

I never looked at the church friendship from this angle. Someone here recommended the church friendship thing. Seeing your post will definitely get me reconsidering joining. I like my space and only like sharing it with interesting peeps.

Lol.... And na me be the guy oooo.
The thing is that, the first thing is to meet people and then the second thing is to filter the people. If you see the ones that are compatible with you, you can go ahead.

Just make sure say no be barrack church or these communal churches. Go for these new generation churches. Their youths understand what it means to have your space
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by DonroxyII: 8:20am On Feb 20, 2022
fineboynl:

Introverts are mostly depressed people. There is no introverts actually, we just have people that ain't comfortable with the world around them.

But once they see their Kind of mindset, they become obsessed because they know the fear of letting Go. Being alone is quite Dark grin ....

Majority of social media rats are introverts and most of them are managing, micromanaging or macromanaging some level of Depression.
Re: Introverts How Do You Deal With People. by DonroxyII: 8:30am On Feb 20, 2022
megatran:
I have noticed that for the past two years I have been gradually finding myself disassociating with people. I leave alone and sometimes I try to go online hopefully to meet people. When I meet people I over listen and chip in questions here and there to understand them and it mostly always ends up in misunderstanding. Its almost like I expect them to act in a particular way.
I have tried indulging in men's toys cars, bikes quads, tech and I haven't really had long excitement.
When I heard of the Metaverse and the ability to leave the real world and go anywhere I was excited to get in there. Probably with the idea that I may find like minds on there. However, for some reason I got bored and rarely go in there except for some light gaming.

In summary, I will like to know if anyone shares these experiences and if you were able to find a cure or solution, I would love to hear it.
Metaverse grin ....
I think we are pushing our Brain too Far and the Consequential effect is Zombie apocalypse.

The Brain is not biologically equipped to be establishing worlds within itself and relating within itself.

That's how Schizophrenia and Hallucinations begins as well as withdrawal symptoms from your immediate Environment because they are not replica of MetaVerse.

Attimes, the trophy is not upstairs but downstairs. climb down from your fictitious horse and come Home to God, come home to your people grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rich Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid. / What Would Be Your Reaction ? Guys! / Who Is The Righful Owner Of This Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.