Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? (14034 Views)

Poll: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group?

Yes: 83% (142 votes)
No: 16% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? / Which Nigerian Tribe Or State Has The Cutest Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by dangerzone: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2011
kilo buru nibe, i be omo ogun and enjoy fucking the igbo girls, i can marry outside my tribe, pronto

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2011
No! It is a lot of hard work to get accepted by your in-laws who tend to fault all your moves.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
dangerzone:

kilo buru nibe, i be omo ogun and enjoy bleeping the igbo girls, i can marry outside my tribe, pronto

Which Ibo girl wan give u the ass bleep? U no reach
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by koolguy88(m): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2011
[size=8pt]LOVE KNOWS NO TRIBE, ETHNIC GROUP, LANGUAGE, RELIGION, ETC, SO DO I. [/size]
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by tpia5: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2011
Wislet:

SOLID question. Never easy, esp for Igbos. All in all, wateva dey might be lookin for, is already in their men & women. So, 'home' they go.

hmm, interesting pov.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by LongOne1(m): 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2011
I’m a product of two different tribes myself, so could do so if I found someone worthy.

Moreover, my parents are still together, despite all the drama.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by osakiniti(m): 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2011
sure, as long as the love is there kiss kiss,
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by dangerzone: 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
@odiaero : I once dated an igbo girl ijeoma from imo state,i like her and could marry her not just for the fucking sake.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by tpia5: 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
dayokanu:

Tope do you mean Yoruba men marry outside their tribe more than others or they dont?

yoruba men cant be matched when it comes to dating outside their tribe.

same applies to their marriages- they will marry you in a heartbeat though hanging on after the marriage might not be so easy.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by opribo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
All I can say here is that I remember one of our brothers who married a yoruba girl, during the time of oso Abiola they came and collected their daughter and the only child that the guy cannot run to the east with their daughter. There excuse was that if action starts we may use their daughter as sacrifice.
So with that in mind i am always weary when someone says he is marrying outside his or her tribe. There is a bonding that go along with have the same ethnic orientation.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2011
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by dinosquard(f): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
it is not all that bad. it will increase the chance of Unity in diversity. since we are one in Nigeria
lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by graychuks(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2011
Jst give me a beautiful girl with(unshore offshore)lol!dycortomy.infact am planing on settling down with an indian.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by temmytanny(m): 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
Well you people can say watever about yorubas but am proud to be one and my woman isnt yoruba.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by ronkebp(f): 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2011
My marraige to another tribe would depend on so many factors, it is do-able, but would be very tough.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by graychuks(m): 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
One thing is certain here,a yoruba man may want to marry an igbo lady but still maintains a yoruba iyale.simple i have seen many of those men.But i wonder! America being as large and homogenius as they are still do not discriminate about marriage.but nigerians! Ah! Too tribalistic omg! We are NIGERIANS
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Amya(f): 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2011
Nah i can't marry anyone's that not Igbo. I can't even marry an Igbo unless he's from Anambra, and even then, there are still some town i wouldn't marry from.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by vladimiros: 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2011
my mom is efik my dad is ibibio

does that count as inter tribal?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by temmytanny(m): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2011
vladimiros:

my mom is efik my dad is ibibio

does that count as inter tribal?

they are birds of same feather . crox rivers and akwa ibom
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
I am married outside my ethnic group and I have no complaints
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by 2bosun: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2011
tpia@:

yoruba men cant be matched when it comes to dating outside their tribe.

same applies to their marriages- they will marry you in a heartbeat though hanging on after the marriage might not be so easy.

Yes that's fair enough and you're probably right but there is nothing wrong with marrying outside your "tribe". If anything, it only means we've progressed beyond all the "I must marry from my village" sentiments as compared to our fellow country men- don't it?

The world is a global village now guys- I would marry someone outside my tribe- Hell, I would even marry someone outside my continent if everything is right!
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2011
considering that I am bi-ethnic myself, i would be a hypocrite to oppose inter-ethnic mixing.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by nethacker(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
why not if not?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
As at today my prick dey strong for any woman from any race
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by btyfulmnd(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
Amya:

Nah i can't marry anyone's that not Igbo. I can't even marry an Igbo unless he's from Anambra, and even then, there are still some town i wouldn't marry from.

And if nobody comes withing the area you haved maped out , i presume you will remain single all your life "abi u go find alternative"
i see nothing wrong marrying from either your ethnic group or outside moreover, what one i looking for is what is in the inside and not the pyhsical.
my dad is from Kogi while my mum is Imo and i couldnt have wished for any better parents.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by jackpot(f): 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2011
Natasha,,:

yes outside my tribe, country or race  cheesy
my yim isn't connecting. Somehow, we need to chat. Till then. I mixed cheesy missed you kiss
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by livedit(f): 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2011
I'm American and my husband is from the Yoruba Tribe. So I voted "yes" for him.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by marjo: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
Amya:

This is why you get so many Anambra girls marrying late and marrying often below them, read traders or in arranged or parceled marriages. I can marry from anywhere .
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by myk4koool: 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Araboy,true talk.ofcourse i can,why not
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MMM2(m): 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2011
I dont even know my tribe. angry
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Elpieda: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
Nigerians just limit themselves  unecessarily by saying I cant marry this or I cant marry that,  How many of you that are married to people from your state, or town or village or even street have happy marriagesMarrying someone from your tribe or ethnicity or what not is not the ingredient to having a long lasting marriage. My uncle is Yoruba, married to a Greek Woman for over 30 years, Has one of the happiest marriages I have ever seen. They still flirt with each other and mess around with each other even at their old age and yet compared to all his siblings who strictly married YORUBA, he has the best marriage so far, The rest either got divorced or one thing or the other.

Now I am not saying this is a general statistic but I am just trying to say that there are more important things to look out for in an individual when the issue of marriage is concerned. Dont write anyone off simply because he is not from your ethnic group or because it wont please mummy and daddy so you wont do it or because you have a strong desire to conform to societal demands consciously or unconsciously

Look when it comes to marriage, I will marry whoever I want ONLY IN THE LORD.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by henryhemon(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
Never dated from my tribe and I hate gals from tribe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Size Doesn't Matter!. / 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.