Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? (14025 Views)

Poll: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group?

Yes: 83% (142 votes)
No: 16% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? / Which Nigerian Tribe Or State Has The Cutest Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by infobox: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
I would sure marry from outside my tribe even race. If I get me a Latina, that's fine. A Japanese girl, sweet. A S.Korean babe, sweet. Back to Nigeria, well, I'd marry from any tribe. But there are some that are no go areas for me. One place I'd sure love to marry from is the Fulani. They've got pretty ladies and good charisma too. For those that are educated from Fulani extraction, that would be fine. But the only set back is the bulala. I could brace up for it only on one condition. Arrange 10 trailer loads of Cattle for me. Kowai.

1 Like

Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by alorax2(f): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
there is nothing wrong in my marrying someone that is not from my tribe, as far as i love him and we understand each other.  i cant marry to please anybody but to please myself  cheesy
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Araboy(m): 1:54am On Jun 26, 2011
@ Tipia I think most Arab men I know like black women but very few have the courage to marry them for different reasons some feel their kids from black woman will be discriminated against because of their skin colors some feel their family won't be accepting their union with black woman  especially if she is not Muslim  they will likely pressure her to convert  as compromise to bless the union
Arabs from gulf states (Saudi Bahrain Qatar UAE Kuwait Oman Yemen ) love black women the most but less incline to marrying them but if you are a black woman in Lebanon Syria Iraq Palestine Jordan you will not be liked much as in gulf states or North Africa but they will not mind dating or having a fling with you as long as there is no string attached definitely marriage is out of question
As for North Africans they don't love black women like the ones from Gulf States but don't dislike them much as Syrians Palestinians Jordanians and Lebanese
North Africans  are more into dark skinned black women more open minded accepting to race and familiar with African culture because the geographical proximity also they are more individualistic and open to marry a black women unlike those of Gulf states which their mom has always the last word and tend more to choose their wife within their clan or tribe especially Yemeni
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by african1(f): 4:14am On Jun 26, 2011
Totally In fact I always wanted an African American husband. wink
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Araboy(m): 4:27am On Jun 26, 2011
Your best bet to attract them is Nikko
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by african1(f): 4:35am On Jun 26, 2011
Araboy:

ewwww! Niiko is disgusting. I don't know how anyone would like such thing. Don't worry I have few other tricks in my sleeve. wink
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by pleep(m): 4:40am On Jun 26, 2011
I looked up Niiko on google and all i saw was booti
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by african1(f): 4:46am On Jun 26, 2011
pleep:

I looked up Niiko on google and all i saw was booti

Lol That is what niiko is, it is a type of dance that involves shaking booty, I dare you to watch a video, your gonna feel like throwing up.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Ranoscky(m): 4:51am On Jun 26, 2011
Ethnic, tribe, religion etc all those ones are even way too better. Give me a wel compatible good mannered alien chick, and see if Rano wont say "I DO" to her!
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by pleep(m): 4:51am On Jun 26, 2011
african1:

Lol That is what niiko is, it is a type of dance that involves shaking booty, I dare you to watch a video, your gonna feel like throwing up.
Your kidding right?  grin Somalilife said Somali women were curvacious, I must admit i didnt belive him until now.

what wierd is thats exactly how my mon dances. lol well, only as a joke now.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Araboy(m): 4:53am On Jun 26, 2011
Pleep you so curious stop googling what you don't know  grin
@African you can teach Pleep some of your tricks he is quick learner
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by pleep(m): 4:54am On Jun 26, 2011
^ lol grin grin
Araboy:

Now that i watched the video, your comment makes sense grin Lmao.

@african1 your definatly going to attract them with that.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by african1(f): 4:58am On Jun 26, 2011
pleep:

^ lolNow that i watched the video, your comment makes sense grin Lmao.

@african1 your definatly going to attract them with that.

Lol I really don't know what is wrong with you guys?? thing is nasty. It is one of things in my culture that I am not proud of.

Hey how come it is censoring the S word.?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Araboy(m): 5:11am On Jun 26, 2011
I visited Mombasa Kenya last year and one of my friend took me to this strip club where a Somali Kenyan woman dance
she can dance Nikko Chakacha Coupe decale Mapouka and even Soukouss that girl was amazing
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by african1(f): 5:18am On Jun 26, 2011
Araboy:

I visited Mombasa Kenya last year and one of my friend took me to this strip club where a Somali Kenyan woman dance
she can dance Nikko Chakacha Coupe decale Mapouka and even Soukouss that girl was amazing

Lol speaking of strip clubs, I heard one of the famous strip clubs in San Diego is run by Somalis. I thought it was hilarious, when I heard that.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 26, 2011
Before, I was so antsy about marrying a Nigerian men. God forbid.

I might be going Ghanaian/ white, depending on my choice tongue

*P.S: I know I've said so much crap about white men. Only Lord knows. So scratch all that tongue tongue
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Ranoscky(m): 5:25am On Jun 26, 2011
I am an Igbo boy from Anambra [Nnewi to be precise]. I can date and do ANYTHING with Igbo gals but wil NEVER marry them [esp, gals from NNEWI. Those ones are CONFIRMED "access deny" in ma book of marraige].
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Araboy(m): 5:27am On Jun 26, 2011
Yeah it s 2011 I go once in while to this strip club by my house and two of the strippers are Somali I always recommend them to my friends whenever they go there to hang out I rather give business to my African sisters than to some white girls
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by african1(f): 5:39am On Jun 26, 2011
Araboy:

Yeah it s 2011 I go once in while to this strip club by my house and two of the strippers are Somali I always recommend them to my friends whenever they go there to hang out I rather give business to my African sisters than to some white girls

Good looking out brother. tongue
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by stkris(m): 8:56am On Jun 26, 2011
its 2011 for pete's sake!
1- if u carry out any action or decision based on preconceived notions, then u got it bad.
2- no matter how awesome u are n how much u try, u can not impress everyone.

Heres how it goes down:

Scenario 1 : you- eligible for marriage n live outside Nigeria; dating a white or another race.

you: Hey Mum/Dad i want to marry this white person i'm in love with.
Mum/Dad: My son/daughter what happened to all the fine "black" Americans we see, why not marry one of those instead, u know how these "oyibo" people are.

Scenario 2: you- eligible for marriage n live outside Nigeria; dating an African American.

You: Hey Mum/Dad i want to marry this African American i'm in love with.
Mum/Dad: My son/daughter what happened to all the fine "Nigerian" girls there, why not marry one of them, you know how those "akata" people are

Scenario 3: : You- eligible for marriage n live outside Nigeria; dating a Nigerian.

You: hey Mum/dad i want to marry this Nigerian i'm in love with.
Mum/Dad: My son/daughter why not come back home n marry a "nice n cultured" person; you know how Nigerians abroad are.

scenario 4: : You- eligible for marriage n now in Nigeria; dating a Nigerian.

You: Hey mum/Dad i want to marry this person i love from Bleep state/tribe.
Mum/Dad: chai! my pikin, dont bring shame to this family. what happened to all the people of our state/tribe; you know how people from that state/tribe are.

Scenario 5: : you- eligible for marriage n  in Nigeria; dating a member of your tribe.

you: Hey mum/dad i want to marry this person i love from our tribe.
Mum/Dad: Really? thats nice. what village?
you: xxxxx
Mum/Dad: what? ? no no no no no!. . . do u know how evil those people are? what happened to all the people from our village.

scenario 6: : You- eligible for marriage n in Nigeria; dating one from your village.

You: hey mum/Dad i want to marry this person from our village.
Mum/Dad: thats great! what clan/family?
you: xxxx
Mum/Dad: Never!! do you know those people wronged our family 200 years ago? for that reason they are horrible people.

At this point, i'm guessing you might as well start checking out your cousins. if that does not work, then maybe your own brother/sister will be approvable.

Every Nigerian trying to get married has been faced with an opposition in one of these scenarios. Maybe not from Mum n Dad, but other family members n friends.

The point here is this: No one cares about your happiness. They are more concerned about you fulfilling what they imagine to be the ever evasive "ideal union."

To this end, please marry only who makes you happy for no reason. everything and everyone else is secondary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MeandSum: 9:32am On Jun 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Some people do get married under false pretenses.   Not everybody have an honest marriage. 

Obama was raised by his white mother while his African father was in Kenya pretty much most of his life.  He didn't grow up in a typical marital household.  Not saying there is anything wrong with marrying who you wants but please let stop acting like we have to reward those who step out of their tribe or ethnicity. 

It is not rocket science.  Seriously.   undecided   People kills me thinking oh I married an Indian look at me!  Whoopsie dee do!   Your ability to marry someone of another group doesn't have anything to do with your ability to love them properly. 

Does that mean all marriages from the same ethnic group succeed?

BTW, are you a guy or a girl. You seem confuse. You names says "Mrs" while your  profile says you are "Male" smiley
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MrsChima(f): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
MeandSum:

Does that mean all marriages from the same ethnic group succeed?

BTW, are you a guy or a girl. You seem confuse. You names says "Mrs" while your  profile says you are "Male" smiley

Correction: You seems confused. I know what I am. cool

Refer to the bold

What does that have to do with my comment? My comment illustrates SOME people expecting other to congratulates them on their ability to marry outside their ethnicity or culture. It doesn't verify someone's love for another person from another circle. That's my point.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Goldieluks: 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
Yes,why not?@OP.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MeandSum: 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Correction: You seems confused.  I know what I am.   cool 

Refer to the bold

What does that have to do with my comment?  My comment illustrates SOME people expecting other to congratulates them on their ability to marry outside their ethnicity or culture.  It doesn't verify someone's love for another person from another circle.  That's my point. 

I must have missed those answers in this thread! The question was if you will marry outside your ethnic group. I assume you and your husband are from the same ethnic group. Correct?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by REMMEI(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2011
cool

NEVER EVEN PLANNING TA MARRY. . . BUT IMMA HAVE KIDS WHEN D TIME COMES,,,KINDA AFRAID TA MARRY. . . LOLZ. .
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
sure
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MeandSum: 7:00am On Jun 27, 2011
Amya:

Now this is just plain mean! I have my reason for making the choice i made. And yes, I'm the typical Anambra babe

Don't get me wrong,  I'm not discriminating. I love every tribe. i think everyone of them is unique in their own way. i can date any tribe, even Hausa, but i can't marry them for the sake of breeding confused children that would reply when asked, "where are from?" "well my mum is from so and so and my dad is from so so and so" They should simply say "Igbo" and they would be brought up to speak the language fluently and pass it on to their children. Our tribe mustn't die out for the sake of LOVE

This one is new smiley care to share your reason with us?
And about people asking your children where they are from, isn't it good enough to say "I'm a Nigerian" or "An African"?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Emeka72(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2011
I have alwayz thought I should marry from My clan.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by benjamina(m): 9:59am On Jun 27, 2011
@amya:Nah i can't marry anyone's that not Igbo. I can't even marry an Igbo unless he's from Anambra, and even then, there are still some town i wouldn't marry from.

@amya:I guess u r still 18 cos by d time u get to 30 and no ibo man is coming for u,probabably u wont mind marry from the BOKO HARAM SECT TRIBE.

I would marry from any tribe so far we love each other and have promising futures.Tribe is not a function of successful marriage.The only thing is just that u ve to be keen about the family u r chosing ur partner from.That is what matters most cos some families have issues which wouldn't be nice to be extended to ur proposed family.Please investigate on the family first b4 proposing if u have marriage intentions with him or her
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by OneLuvNja(f): 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2011
Yes ooo, I'm Ibo but I looove Delta/ Edo boys. I grew up in Aba and wouldn't touch Aba boys with a 10 foot pole, to marry that is. I'm sure there r some swell Aba guys, just never really met 1 I'd like to date, talkless of marry.  Aba guys make good pals tho. The boyfriend I had b4 I left lived in Port Harcourt and was from Edo State  wink very cool guy with his own brand of swagg and a walk to die for.

On a cool note, my Aba brothers r sure of themselves, that Aba confidence, can't go wrong with that.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by blugirl: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
I am currently in my first inter tribal relationship with my Ibo boyfriend and honestly it is the best relationship i've ever had.My parents are against it but i just cant BE WITHOUT MY BABY!
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Gbenge77(m): 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
Anyone but a Northerner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Foreigners Do This When Chatting With Them On Social Media? / Where Is Her Parents? See The Kind Of Pictures This Young Pretty Girl Post On FB / See What The Girl Am Asking Out Sent To Me ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.