Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? (14033 Views)

Poll: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group?

Yes: 83% (142 votes)
No: 16% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Outside Your Tribe? / Which Nigerian Tribe Or State Has The Cutest Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by hackney(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2011
I will marry mary remmy or yvonne jegede.
better still: martha ankomah. mwuaah!.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by tpia5: 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2011
2bosun:

Yes that's fair enough and you're probably right but there is nothing wrong with marrying outside your "tribe". If anything, it only means we've progressed beyond all the "I must marry from my village" sentiments as compared to our fellow country men- don't it?

The world is a global village now guys- I would marry someone outside my tribe- Hell, I would even marry someone outside my continent if everything is right!

easy before you start considering other species sef to marry. undecided

anyway, dayokanu has replied you better than i could:

dayokanu:

As at today my prick dey strong for any woman from any race
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by tpia5: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2011
vladimiros:

my mom is efik my dad is ibibio

does that count as inter tribal?

they're more or less the same i think.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Koolking(m): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
It is one of the beauties of being a Nigerian. Diversity in all aspects.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by IBEXY(m): 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
I would even marry from outside my country talk less of ethnic group.
Stupid question. angry
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Pafuri(m): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
Give me "The Amaka". I will phuck some sense into her loose p/u/n/a/n/i.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MrCork17: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
Nothing wrong with Okoro people marrying Yoruba people or IBo people. We all One!! wink
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Elpieda: 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2011
^^^ I though Okoro and Ibo people were the same
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Skmoda360(m): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2011
Yes, i can, and i will.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Spclst900: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
topic

no biggie in it
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by claremont(m): 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
I will not only do that, I can also marry from outside my own race. Inter-racial marriages rock!!! grin
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by otiigba1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
i am igbo and iam married to a white woman, so what happens now?
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MrsChima(f): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
No.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by sley4life(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
off course but not a Hausa
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Beync(f): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
Amya:

Nah i can't marry anyone's that not Igbo. I can't even marry an Igbo unless he's from Anambra, and even then, there are still some town i wouldn't marry from.
Una case get case inside case, dont even marry outside ur family, marry ur your elder brother.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Thirst4Lif: 10:04pm On Jun 24, 2011
YES!I am getting married to one and he is God sent to moi, i call him MY KING!!!

Your statement made me smile. Love, Peace and Happiness throughout your lives!! God Bless!!
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by jude33084(m): 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
Beync:

Una case get case inside case, dont even marry outside your family, marry your your elder brother.

SECONDED!

Imagine within them the Igbos still descriminates, thats why they cant rule this country. No offence!
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Amya(f): 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2011
btyfulmnd:
[size=8pt][size=8pt]
And if nobody comes withing the area you haved maped out , i presume you will remain single all your life "abi u go find alternative
[/size][/size]
"
i see nothing wrong marrying from either your ethnic group or outside moreover, what one i looking for is what is in the inside and not the pyhsical.
my dad is from Kogi while my mum is Imo and i couldnt have wished for any better parents.

till then . . .
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Amya(f): 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2011
marjo:

This is why you get so many Anambra girls marrying late and marrying often below them, read traders or in arranged or parceled marriages. I can marry from anywhere .

Nah . . .Basically, my number one reason for inter tribal marriages is preserving a person's rich cultural heritage. Children born out of inter-ethnic unions tend to be confused, and this will just lead to the dying out of a tribe.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Amya(f): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2011
Beync:

Una case get case inside case, dont even marry outside your family, marry your your elder brother.

Now this is just plain mean! I have my reason for making the choice i made. And yes, I'm
jude33084:

SECONDED!

Imagine within them the Igbos still descriminates, thats why they cant rule this country. No offence!
the typical Anambra babe

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discriminating. I love every tribe. i think everyone of them is unique in their own way. i can date any tribe, even Hausa, but i can't marry them for the sake of breeding confused children that would reply when asked, "where are from?" "well my mum is from so and so and my dad is from so so and so" They should simply say "Igbo" and they would be brought up to speak the language fluently and pass it on to their children. Our tribe mustn't die out for the sake of LOVE
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by YoruIgbo(m): 1:48am On Jun 25, 2011
What about tribal half caste like me grin papa na igbo mama na yoruba, so which tribe do I belong? I eventually married an Igbo lady sha because the yoruba girl I was dating has a broken home background and my family won't accept that at all
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by aloyemeka1: 3:07am On Jun 25, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

What about tribal half caste like meĀ  grin papa na igbo mama na yoruba, so which tribe do I belong? I eventually married an Igbo lady sha because the yoruba girl I was dating has a broken home background and my family won't accept that at all

Who wouldn't accept the lady?. Your Yoruba mother or Igbo father? undecided undecided
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MMM2(m): 5:10am On Jun 25, 2011
I dont know my tribe angry
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Emeka72(m): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2011
I will prefer to marry from My clan.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by lagcity(m): 8:16am On Jun 25, 2011
don't care. will marry any Nigerian as long as she is not a religious nutjob.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 25, 2011
Nigerians, Will you marry someone outside your tribe or ethnic group. If not, why?

Funmi. . has the Igbo boy you proposed to dumped you? Just asking. undecided tongue
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by kennygeorg: 8:57am On Jun 25, 2011
married is not about ethnics, there is know descrimination in married,t the mentality of nigerian you most marry from you tribe or ethnics group, if you look at obama his father from kenya and married to white American now he is world no 1 citizen, if you look at ibb in nigerian his wife was an igbo ty danjuma his wife from east, so there is know descriminination in love the most important things is to pray that God should give you a good wife no matter the tribe she come from.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by bamosagie(m): 8:59am On Jun 25, 2011
well, I would marry anyone that I love, problem is the girl(from Imo state) that I love told me from day one that her father warned her not to bring home any man from 1, Benin 2, Edo 3, Oguta 4, Abriba and other place i cant remember, well I am from Benin city, Edo state.
so I guess I may still have to go look for love where the relationship wont be doomed before it starts, my home town.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by juman(m): 9:18am On Jun 25, 2011
Probably no. grin
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by Nayah(f): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2011
Kenny I definetely agree with you marriage it's about feelings and love not tribes, but yes I can understand people who can think getting married to someone who' s from the same "tribe" or "country" contributes to share some values or common points but it's not automatic

You can be very happy with someone from another country and discover another culture which leads to be an open minded person, actually I prefer marry my African ( sub saharian) brother more than the others because of my tastes but as for the country I don't really know a cameroonian yes that could be very good but if a Nigerian, Ivorian or whatever makes me happy why not even though I know I'd fight with my father lol grin
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by MrsChima(f): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2011
kennygeorg:

married is not about ethnics, there is know descrimination in married,t the mentality of nigerian you most marry from you tribe or ethnics group, if you look at obama his father from kenya and married to white American now he is world no 1 citizen, if you look at ibb in nigerian his wife was an igbo ty danjuma his wife from east, so there is know descriminination in love the most important things is to pray that God should give you a good wife no matter the tribe she come from.

Some people do get married under false pretenses. Not everybody have an honest marriage.

Obama was raised by his white mother while his African father was in Kenya pretty much most of his life. He didn't grow up in a typical marital household. Not saying there is anything wrong with marrying who you wants but please let stop acting like we have to reward those who step out of their tribe or ethnicity.

It is not rocket science. Seriously. undecided People kills me thinking oh I married an Indian look at me! Whoopsie dee do! Your ability to marry someone of another group doesn't have anything to do with your ability to love them properly.
Re: Will You Marry Someone Outside Your Tribe Or Ethnic Group? by wildman02: 1:22pm On Jun 25, 2011
depends on the tribe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Size Doesn't Matter!. / Whats The Best Way To React If You Found Your Spouse Cheating? / 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.