Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Mum Is Against My Relationship - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Is Against My Relationship (37075 Views)

My Mum Is Strongly Rejecting The Girl I Want To Marry / My Girlfriend Mum Is Currently Looking For Me With Police, I'm On The Run! Help / How Torn Chicken Noodle Spice Nearly Ended My Relationship - Lady Shares Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Ikville(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ordinarily, I'd say "Listen to ur parents", but in dis case, i can see no justification in their rejection of ur man as a potential son-in-law. If truth be told, ur parents hav lived their lives & it seems like they want to continue to do so by living out urs. They cudnt possibly know anything about d guy wit'out even meeting him! How do u judge a man on physical attributes dat is subject to changes? Personally, i'd ratha make my own mistakes than suffer d mistakes of othaz. Besides, they want u to throw away 7 whole years just cos he's not fat? Some marriages dont even last dat long! If u guys cud achieve 7 gud years togetha, it must be something special. My advice is, find a way to let ur parents hav an open mind towards him & really get to know him. U can involve Uncles, Aunties but wotever u do, dont take ur man (& d feelings involved) for granted...it's not easy to get a gud man, or woman for dat matta. Gudluck to u

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by NoSentiment: 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
i wish u are the guy...

If I was the guy, I would advise the girl to obey her parents because I know their value and the power of their curse.

U think I am that stupid to stick to a lady whose parents dislike me? God forbid. Ladies are over plenty these days for me to pick and choose without any headache.

Haven't you heard that "the beautiful ones are not yet born" ?

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by derecho(m): 2:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
And how can you believe she's telling us the whole story?
The guy may have a look of these chain smokers who drink a lot too. Truth is, there's something she's not telling us
everythinggirly:
Wonders shall never end. How can she judge a book cover she hasn't even seen?

It's unbelievable!
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by SugarGirl44(f): 2:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
She must have consulted those useless pastors/alfas.
That's their work.
People that have not been able to help their own lives. If you like, let them confuse you and throw what you've built over the years away, na u sabi.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by nedekid: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
MufasaLion:

So you have severally taken your marital issue to your parents? So hilarious!
Kindly quote where I said I took "marital" issues to parents.
From the chain of conversation in which I responded, someone asked as a grown man if I still had course to refer to parents of which I said I do. Maybe I should explain further, it has to do with challenges. Not marriage.
I said I have had to consult our patriarch.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by nedekid: 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
mixta140:

If I tell you my case ehn ... you will shiver ooo
It is well.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Germi9: 3:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Shey na yokozuna your mama want make you marry
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Lewiseze1988(m): 3:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omniman:
Damn!

7 years... & the guy never meet your peeps for once even if na to introduce as a friend. embarassed
Both of you are not serious.
.......my guy dated his wife 5 yrs without seeing or talking to her parents.now his happily married,she delivered a beautiful baby girl a month ago,her parents r very proud of her.7 years is enough for u to Kno ur man.if his a good man,and physically ok.then all ur parents should do is support u.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Lewiseze1988(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
I don't like girls making trouble with their parents because of marriage.maybe u r still a small girl.if u r a big girl u would have handled everything without stressing ur fiance or ur parents.negociation and deplomacy is key.rate ur hubby highly b4 ur parents,make sure ur hubby has good and reliable means of lively hood so u don't embarrass urself in d long run.if ur hubby is ok then,reason with ur parents, without quarrelling,cos they want the best man for u,like we r seeing on TV's.talk with them
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Shegz4god(m): 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Your mama say Omo, no marry I never chop,make you find correct guy, no be love you go chop...nah the guy stature dey create confusion...for this kind time wey sapa dey...
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by nedekid: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
SocialJustice:
If you really believe so much in the guy and you're independent, then cut your parents off and do court wedding first. If they refuse the guy coming to pay bride price, it can be done later ehen they agree especially after you start having kids.

This life is a very mean place though, you should ask yourself if you want to turn your back on family because of a man. What if you alienate yourself and oga starts maltreatikg you down the line knowing you will not report the issue to family.
Well said.
But as you wisely said, if the guy starts maltreating down the like nko? Most of the times it will happen that way!
17 years ago, I had issues with my madam, heavy quarell, she said she will call her dad (she never did and never took our mater outside till date). But you see, that respect I had for the parents and imagining her reporting me corrected my head and we setteled sharp sharp.
A woman that disrepards her family will pay one way or the other down the line.
I saw it with my sis over the course of 30 years plus of marriage.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by 234GT(m): 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
Loewe:

Na you be the real mumu. You go date person daughter for 7 years dem no go talk say na wetin Mr. A do for them be this, and they will be positive and happy with you marrying their daughter in this Nigeria? Na mumu be your real name.

This is poverty mentality.
If the mother is a millionaire, she won't care about whatever her son-in-law has to give her.
He is not obligated to do anything for them.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by mhizace: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
tiswell:
this link also corroborates my submission
https://www.nairaland.com/4722163/boyfriend-wnts-breakup-mehelp-pls#71013582
submission for wat exactly
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by H2ho(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Opeyemic01:

Does this work please I am slim too and would like to add some pounds of flesh...but 4 raw egg mhen!!!!! I hope I won't vomit
you wont grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by anambraamaka: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
in this 2020 nawao
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Shedah: 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
Imagine the selfishness of parents in this generation.... Haba! Can your mother create a single hair on her head? Please my sister move on with ur wedding plans, 7years no b 7 days.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Kiddo01(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
Picture of the man please, let me know what I'm typing
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by tiswell(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
mhizace:
submission for wat exactly
abeg carry ya wahala dey go!
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by SocialJustice: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
nedekid:

Well said.
But as you wisely said, if the guy starts maltreating down the like nko? Most of the times it will happen that way!
17 years ago, I had issues with my madam, heavy quarell, she said she will call her dad (she never did and never took our mater outside till date). But you see, that respect I had for the parents and imagining her reporting me corrected my head and we setteled sharp sharp.
A woman that disrepards her family will pay one way or the other down the line.
I saw it with my sis over the course of 30 years plus of marriage.
That's the truth. It is just unfortunate for that guy.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by shegz24(m): 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
She has her reason and its not because of the physique or that he will maltreat you.
Your mum is just saying that to avoid telling you the real reason.

Do your own research , or ask your mum on a very good day.

Who knows, he may be your brother.

Kate999:
I have been in a serious relationship with a guy for 7 years, last year I formally introduced him to my parents. We want to start the marriage arrangements this year but my mum has bluntly refused my fiancée, her excuse is that the guy is not presentable due to his slender physique and she feels that I will be maltreated by the guy once we get married.

I know this guy too well and he cares for me a lot and has never raised his hands on me. My mum has insisted that if I go on with the my wedding plans she will disown me and place a curse on me.

What baffles me is that she has never seen this guy in person, they have only talked on the phone, she just made her judgement via phone calls and photographs.

I really want to fight for what I love but both my parents have refused to respect my decision.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by cardoctor(m): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
Those slim guys ehnnnn
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by ImaIma1(f): 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
Tell her if she wants to place a curse on her own child, she should go ahead.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by cardoctor(m): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Chloraseptic:
The reason is simple.

Your mum used to fûck the guy behind your back..

As true as True can be. Chaiiii
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by WilsonBright935: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
H2ho:
@Kate999 your solution is here:

Milo + 4eggs daily (mix and stir)

let him have it for 2weeks.

please don't thank me grin grin grin

You don't mean it cry cry cry
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Aaar: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
Really
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Tallpanther(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999:
I have been in a serious relationship with a guy for 7 years, last year I formally introduced him to my parents. We want to start the marriage arrangements this year but my mum has bluntly refused my fiancée, her excuse is that the guy is not presentable due to his slender physique and she feels that I will be maltreated by the guy once we get married.

I know this guy too well and he cares for me a lot and has never raised his hands on me. My mum has insisted that if I go on with the my wedding plans she will disown me and place a curse on me.

What baffles me is that she has never seen this guy in person, they have only talked on the phone, she just made her judgement via phone calls and photographs.

I really want to fight for what I love but both my parents have refused to respect my decision.
na ur mama wan marry the guy Omo use ur head!! Tell her if she wants u to hate her forever then u would leave the guy!! E go reset her reasoning!
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Oyiboman69: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999:

how can you date someone for seven good years and your mother is not aware of it....do you think 7yrs is 7days?,you look like a bad child in my own point of view. I'll advice you just go for a blood test just to know if he is not a sickle cell patient and if you're compatible, you should go ahead and marry him irrespective of her own stance
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by PierreAbutu(m): 7:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
Kate999:

Sorry sister,

But your mum sounds like a WITCH.....Go and investigate the reasons for her decision spiritually

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
234GT:

This is poverty mentality.
If the mother is a millionaire, she won't care about whatever her son-in-law has to give her.
He is not obligated to do anything for them.
Even if she is a millionaire, courtesy demands that you send gifts, visit her family from time to time. You're the one with the poverty mentality here man... Cos u think spending that small change in ur pocket will kill you.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Kooldame: 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
If it is because of your fiancé physique some men change after marriage and they gain a lot of weight,so that's not an issue.
Re: My Mum Is Against My Relationship by Opak001(m): 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
She feel say the guy no dey chop na him cause am.
Na big belle dem dey use know man wey dey ok for here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Encyclopedia Of Romanlanders For New Users / As A Lady, You Can Prove That You Love A Guy In The Following Ways / See What My Ex Girlfriend Once Did To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.