Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? - TV/Movies (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (64914 Views)

Poll: Choose your favorite three 'action!' screamers

Steven Spielberg: 32% (75 votes)
Martin Scorsese: 26% (61 votes)
Francis Ford Coppola: 9% (21 votes)
Quentin Tarantino: 18% (42 votes)
Peter Jackson: 11% (26 votes)
Michael Bay: 1% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? / Charmed - Luv It Or Hate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2011
Isn't there a movie of that already? What is that Hitchcock movie?

Bahhhh just saw some disastrous news. The person who wrote Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer will be writing Thor 2's script. Bahhhh.

The guy who directed Step 3D and Never say Never will be directing G.I Joe 2. Bahhh

My highlight was seeing the teaser for 'Brave'. . .animated piece set in Scotland. Just the brogue sef has gotten me excited tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2011
I await the news of who is directing first.
They can always rewrite scripts but a decent director is key.

My dream team would be to have a team up between Micheal Bay and Sam Raimi, that would be awesome! Bay can do the action bits while Raimi has overall story control.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 11:22am On Jul 03, 2011
I want a live action version of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nf-m6WGl4

That is what I call a superhero movie.

The budget will probably have to be in the £300M mark.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 11:28am On Jul 03, 2011
Bah tongue Still worried. It's Thor sad

Which reminds me, did you watch the DC Showcases?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2011
@iice
The ANGRY BIRDS movie is based on the iPhone game.
The Alfred Hitchcock you're referring to is called THE BIRDS.

'Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides' is about to cross the $1 billion mark worldwide.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2011
All na birds.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2011
iice:

All na birds.

@iice
Na ur wahala be dat. cheesy

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 (July 15 2011)

- Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22 2011)

- Cowboys and Aliens (July 29 2011)
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
iice:

Bah tongue Still worried. It's Thor sad

Which reminds me, did you watch the DC Showcases?

Huh? what showcases?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
Oh just googled it.

Yes, you mean the extra movies in the DC animated releases.

I have watched them all so far.

Even bought the Showcase Blu-ray mistakenly thinking it was a full length Superman v Captain Marvel (my fave DC character).

I was gutted to realise it was only 30 mins!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 11:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
obinna5000:

@chika98
I haven't seen 'Immortals' trailer yet. But I've seen the trailers for 'Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol' and 'War Horse'. I also saw the teaser trailer for 'Brave'. They were all good anyway.

As for Green Lantern, I'll also wait till it comes out on DVD. The reviews are not encouraging at all.

Yeah don't even wait for DVD. I'm sure good TS copies are now available online so watch it there.

MI Ghost Protocol looks good but I can't remember seeing War Horse or Brave. Will check them out.

iice:

Haven't seen it grin Something came up so i had to push it till tomorrow.
But by force i must see am tongue

With all the reviews of Green Lantern, just decided to wait for dvd copy.  It saddens me though coz GL is one of my favorite heroes.
Yup i saw the immortals trailer a while ago.  My worry (from the trailer) is that Henry Cavill doesn't seem to stand out in it and he's gonna be the Man of Steel!.  Will have to wait and see it to know if he can carry a movie.  I'm still on the fence though with the trailer.  Graphics wise and cinematography it looks great but then it is fashioned after 300.  I have a thing for Green Mythology. . .so i'm hoping it comes off better than Clash of the Titans in that aspect.

You know my own worry it is this:I don't want a repeat of "Clash of the titans" I waited a year for that movie only for it to end up not being up to par at all.
the graphics weren't even good!
I love anything Greek Mythology and I sincerely hope that come November my mind will be literally blown! Also Cavil is relatively unknown when it comes to this genre so I think we "can like" to cut him some slack? Perhaps he'll stand out and more. I'm just being optimistic is all. grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2011
@chika98
I don't watch TS or CAM copies of films.

I just saw the trailer for IMMORTALS. Pretty good. I hope the movie won't end up being a cheesy or campy flick.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by mikuz(m): 12:12am On Jul 04, 2011
^
directed by who?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 9:49am On Jul 04, 2011
obinna5000:

@iice
Na your wahala be dat. cheesy

Doesn't make sense. Not that, that was surprising.

@Vieira,
The Spectre was my favorite. Lol i know what you mean. . .i was like, that's it? angry
Captain marvel or Superman?

chika98:

You know my own worry it is this:I don't want a repeat of "Clash of the titans" I waited a year for that movie only for it to end up not being up to par at all.
the graphics weren't even good!
I love anything Greek Mythology and I sincerely hope that come November my mind will be literally blown! Also Cavil is relatively unknown when it comes to this genre so I think we "can like" to cut him some slack? Perhaps he'll stand out and more. I'm just being optimistic is all. grin

Hah you know what i mean. . .another Clash of the titans and i go curse them with medusa ooo grin grin We'll see. It's not about him being new to the genre. He is still unknown, since has a few films/shows under his credit. . .but it's important that the new Superman can carry a movie. I'm not a fan of superman but can DC get another hit besides Batman?! Marvel is kicking their butts tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2011
BTW saw Transformers. That yeye girl should go take lessons.
Otherwise awesome.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2011
@iice, Captain Marvel

I love the character.

Shazam!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
iice:

Doesn't make sense. Not that, that was surprising.

@Vieira,
The Spectre was my favorite. Lol i know what you mean. . .i was like, that's it? angry
Captain marvel or Superman?

Hah you know what i mean. . .another Clash of the titans and i go curse them with medusa ooo grin grin We'll see. It's not about him being new to the genre. He is still unknown, since has a few films/shows under his credit. . .but it's important that the new Superman can carry a movie. I'm not a fan of superman but can DC get another hit besides Batman?! Marvel is kicking their butts tongue

@iice
WHAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE? ANGRY BIRDS OR HITCHCOCK'S THE BIRDS?

'POTC 4' became the 8th film in history to gross more than a billion dollars worldwide.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
Vieira:

@iice, Captain Marvel

I love the character.

Shazam!

Cool grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2011
@iice and Vieira
I'd love to see a CAPTAIN PLANET movie. cheesy
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
And ant man grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2011
Captain Planet?? No way, I pass on that one.

Not sure about an Antman movie sha
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by doyin13(m): 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
Considering how good the Bridesmaids film is, I am sure it must have been recommended already.

But if not, make una go watch am ooo. The film is funny as hell.

Much better than the very unfunny Hangover (which was so bad I stopped midway).
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 10:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
iice:

BTW saw Transformers. That yeye girl should go take lessons.
Otherwise awesome.

LOL at first I thought " Oh she's so hot" then after a while I thought " Please go and have a seat!"
Stunting around in her Louboutin's and all. She was just there to keep the male audience's attention I thought.

Per Immortals: Let's hope it turns out well. Till then I'm counting down to Harry Potter which I'll see at Midnight on Wednesday grin cool
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by chika98: 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2011
obinna5000:

@chika98
I don't watch TS or CAM copies of films.

I just saw the trailer for IMMORTALS. Pretty good. I hope the movie won't end up being a cheesy or campy flick.

I'm pretty sure a DVD quality is out already. As per Immortals I hope not too.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 2:27am On Jul 05, 2011
Tin Tin . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2011
Caro! cheesy

chika98:

Stunting around in her Louboutin's and all.
Lmao.

Ahhh i'm gonna just wait for the dvd of harry. Unless my friend the fanatic drags me to it.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2011
vescucci:

Tin Tin . . . . . . . . . . .

@vescucci
December 23 2011. wink

ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER cheesy The film's title is hilarious.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by ndgfx(m): 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
We, the creatives of the PNG (Pixel Ninjas Guild), have collectively designed Movies spoofs using Hollywood Titles with Nollywood actors.

Check out what we've done here: http://pixel9g.tumblr.com/ngMovieSpoofs

Cheers
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
It is being widely reported that the first teaser trailer (and poster) for The Dark Knight Rises will be doing the rounds with Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 when it hits theaters on July 15 2011. Let's just wait and see.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-pittsburgh-shooting-details-revealed
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2011
Tin Tin . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (60) (Reply)

Kiddwaya Offers Cee-C N120 Million To Leave The Big Brother All Stars House / Bisola's Baby Daddy, Olanrewaju Malcolm: Leave My Daughter Out Of Bisola's Life / BBNaija: Omashola Squeezes Mercy's Butt At The Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.