Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? - TV/Movies (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (64915 Views)

Poll: Choose your favorite three 'action!' screamers

Steven Spielberg: 32% (75 votes)
Martin Scorsese: 26% (61 votes)
Francis Ford Coppola: 9% (21 votes)
Quentin Tarantino: 18% (42 votes)
Peter Jackson: 11% (26 votes)
Michael Bay: 1% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? / Charmed - Luv It Or Hate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2011
Psychic! grin

Just saw the trailer for Tin Tin. . . one part was hilarious

Tin Tin: What did you do?
Haddock: I made a fire
Tin Tin: In a boat!! grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2011
For health reasons I will not check out the trailer.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2011
The correct spelling is "Tintin" and not "Tin Tin".

iice:

Psychic! grin

Just saw the trailer for Tin Tin. . . one part was hilarious

Tin Tin: What did you do?
Haddock: I made a fire
Tin Tin: In a boat!! grin

@iice
Trailer link please.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows hits theaters December 16 2011.

You can watch the exclusive trailer footage here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWuNKLPavvo

Photo courtesy: Yahoo! Movies

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
^^^^

Cannot wait to see this!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:14am On Jul 12, 2011
Whatever man. 
Tintin's trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEj3UsAl0K8

So Wachowski brothers have a new project based on the novel Cloud Atlas.  Again, Hugo Weaving is in it.
But this time we have Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Susan Sarandon thrown into the mix.  I read the proposed budget is $150 million.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2011
Been checking out the new shows coming out. . .
Like 3 or 4 of them have something to do with a twin. . .I guess they are running out of ideas as with movies.

And do they have to add female characters to Hawaii 5-0?
I mean that's why i like the show. . .just one main female character in the 5-0 department and the others are not int every episode. . .so why add? Didn't they learn anything from Human Target? From all male characters to adding 2 and the thing just got somehow till it got canceled.

Ughhh just venting. Why can't we just have a testosterone loaded show?
Everywhere na estrogen overdose angry
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2011
Hawaii 5-0 reminds me of an old show that had Blue in its title. Never saw an episode though. I thought it'd be too light for me
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 6:38am On Jul 22, 2011
@iice and vescucci
I just saw the teaser trailers for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2012), THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012) and JOHN CARTER (2012).
They were pretty good. Maybe before the year runs out, the full length trailers will be released.

HORRIBLE BOSSES is now showing at cinemas in Nigeria.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
vescucci:

Hawaii 5-0 reminds me of an old show that had Blue in its title. Never saw an episode though. I thought it'd be too light for me

Blue Bloods?
I don't really like cop shows undecided There are like a dozen cop shows on TV, not even counting the reality ones. I just like Mentalist mostly coz of Patrick Jane. Reminds me a little of House. Likes to mess with people's heads.

I'm not worried about TDKR. . .just that woman that they added tongue
Indifferent towards Spiderman at the moment.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 4:39am On Jul 24, 2011
Nah, not Blue Bloods. Maybe there isn't even Blue in it but it's about beach cops that prance about on bicycles. Maybe Miami is in the title. Maybe I'm making them up sef. Stupid brain of mine.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2011
I think Rookie Blue or something like that.
Lmao @ prancing on bicycles tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2011
obinna5000:

@iice and vescucci
I just saw the teaser trailers for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2012), THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012) and JOHN CARTER (2012).
They were pretty good. Maybe before the year runs out, the full length trailers will be released.

HORRIBLE BOSSES is now showing at cinemas in Nigeria.

I am avoiding all trailers, I want to be as spoiler free as possible. Meanwhile Captain America is 73%
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2011
@Vieira
The teaser trailers are spoiler free. TDKR teaser had scenes mostly from 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight'.

'Captain America' knocks off the mighty Harry Potter from the No. 1 spot at the U.S. Box Office over the weekend.

'Man of Steel' release date is now set at June 2013.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
@Vieira
The teaser trailers are spoiler free. TDKR teaser had scenes mostly from 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight'.

'Captain America' knocks off the mighty Harry Potter from the No. 1 spot at the U.S. Box Office over the weekend.

'Man of Steel' release date is now set at June 2013.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
There're some things that can't be saved. Superman may be one of them. I think perhaps ample departure from the cliched prowess of this superhero may make it bearable. Something akin to what Nolan did to Batman. Superman's costume is more ridiculous though. 2013 is two years away. That's a good sign, I guess. Plenty to be done
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2011
@vescucci
Yeah! Maybe it's a good sign.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 7:54am On Jul 25, 2011
Which reminds me. . .should get my ticket. I was excited Saturday, that Capt. America is coming out this week. By sunday, i totally forgot lol.

I'm only excited for Superman because of Snyder.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2011
@iice and vescucci
'300' and 'Legend of the Guardians' are Zack Snyder's best films.

Mr. Snyder, please do not mess up 'Man of Steel'.
'Sucker Punch' and 'Watchmen' suck. cheesy
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
Sorry. . .i loved Watchmen. Thought he did an admirable job considering the material.
Sucker punch was visually stunning but the story could have done with more thought. Though i liked the whole psychological take.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2011
obinna5000:

@iice and vescucci
'300' and 'Legend of the Guardians' are Zack Snyder's best films.

Mr. Snyder, please do not mess up 'Man of Steel'.
'Sucker Punch' and 'Watchmen' suck. cheesy

Wash your mouth out!
That is heresy of the highest order.
Watchmen ruled!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Vieira
That Watchmen film sucks jare. tongue
I prefer the graphic novel.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
And I thought Nolan was on superman. Damn dat movie is doomed!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
Abeg ooo. Please Nolan only for my batman tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
Isn't Nolan a producer on Superman?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:21am On Jul 27, 2011
Irrelevant to me. I'm concerned about directing tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2011
@Darthmaul and Vieira
Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer wrote the script. So, lets see how it goes anyway.

As for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, I'm wondering why the entire film can't be shot with IMAX cameras.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2011
iice, no worry I am sure that Nolan will guide Synder down the right path.

Remember Watchmen?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2011
@Vieira
Christopher Nolan had no business with that Watchmen film. tongue

'Watchmen' is based on a graphic novel of the same name by Alan Moore.

So, The Dark Knight Rises has a production budget of $250 million and filming ends by November 2011.
I wonder why it wasn't shot entirely on IMAX.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2011
Erhhh Obinna, he didn't mean Nolan and Watchmen in that way undecided

Vieira, which brings us back full circle.  Only interested in Man of Steel because of Snyder.  Not a fan of Pansy boy scout grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2011
What I was trying to say is that Synder can produce a good film like Watchmen when there is a good script.

So if he has a good script (Nolan) and not one he wrote himself, then I say we are in good hands.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by obinna5000(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2011
@iice
'Man of Steel' will be released June 2013. Time still dey jare. cheesy

Let's talk about either 'Melancholia' cheesy , Twilight Saga-Breaking Plate pt. 1 cheesy , Sherlock Holmes 2, Mission Impossible 4 or Tintin.

PERSON OF INTEREST TV series premieres this fall. It's created by Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams. I must see this.

@Vieira
Watchmen good film? I feel like throwing up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (Reply)

Kiddwaya Offers Cee-C N120 Million To Leave The Big Brother All Stars House / Bisola's Baby Daddy, Olanrewaju Malcolm: Leave My Daughter Out Of Bisola's Life / BBNaija: Omashola Squeezes Mercy's Butt At The Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.