Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? (50951 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. / Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by RedCentaur(m): 9:21am On Feb 11, 2022
dominique:

She was not wicked even though at that was the initial impression the story have at first. she lost her husband and children and the village labelled her a witch. She had to flee from the village to start living in the bush where she found a lost Ralia and took her to her hut in the bush. Along the line, the prince's horse knocked down Ralia and he took her to the palace for treatment. The old woman wasn't aware of this and started looking for her. Word had gotten out that Ralia was living with the old woman in the bush and the youths rushed to her hut to fetch her from there, unfortunately the old woman could not produce Raliya and they automatically assumed that she had killed her like she killed her husband and children, they arrested her immediately and dragged her back to the village. Ralia got better, found out that her friend has is being detained because of her and she came forward to defend her and convince the villagers that she's not a witch.

Your memory is superb.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Jaylord12(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2022
[quote author=1x2x3 post=110125377]

You will mess with your sweet memories if you read it again.

Honestly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by tafabaloo(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2022
Ralia the Sugar Girl.
This picx was an illustration of when Ralia was abducted by the old witch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by casppyjay: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2022
chukwuma0000:
I stumbled on this picture somewhere and have forgotten the name of the book we read back in my primary school.
Ralia the sugar girl in the village of apampam I will only forget after I’m dead I read it over and over again with the dancing yam, no supper for eze, eze goes to school , Ali and simbi..Funny how time flies and it was like some 33 years ago ..

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by ComputerOperato: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2022
9jaBloke:
Sugar Girl by Kola Onadipe.
Some of his other books I read then include:
Adventures of Souza
The Boy Slave
Return of Shettima

Those were the days.
You are a legend.
I read all these too.

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Cooleasy(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2022
Who remember 'Stories From An African Village'? (I can't remember the author's name.

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by boyfrank: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2022
chukwuma0000:
I stumbled on this picture somewhere and have forgotten the name of the book we read back in my primary school.

Sugar girl,
Ralia the sugar girl. Bia, OP u just opened up my primary school memories. cry

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2022
RALIA THE SUGAR GIRL, HER MOTHER WAS DEAD, HER STEP MOTHER DID NOT GIVE HER FOOD.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by RedCentaur(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2022
Good old days.

What about;

Fruit of honesty, africa night of entertainment,

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by charlypoker(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2022
You are correct. In fact, you made me remember. thanks
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Athemisia: 9:25am On Feb 11, 2022
chukwuma0000:
Ralia: Sugar girl
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Brownshoe: 9:26am On Feb 11, 2022
How i wish i can turn back the hands of time,

Adulthood is........... I don't really get it, in the days of agbo, Ralia, eze goes to school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by casppyjay: 9:26am On Feb 11, 2022
funmise007:
as I saw the pix too thats the first name that pop up my mind,then I also remember the drummer boy...mehn good old days
the drummer boy… this is lagos nobody can molest me… who said diz and to whom?the gods aren’t to blame by ola Rotimi..
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by alizma: 9:28am On Feb 11, 2022
Kharol1234:
Raliya the sugar girl
e go better for you bro
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by UselessBuharist: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2022
How time flies, I read this book in primary 3, and I was given story from an African village by the author SMO AkA when he visited my dad few years later I heard he passed away

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by DavSagacity(m): 9:30am On Feb 11, 2022
There is one other story in that book titled Rebbor the Robber.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by ensamy(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2022
When they was no social media people use to read books like Hardley Chase series, magazines, complete sports, Lolly ( Dauda the sexy guy). Newswatch shocked shocked etc but now phone phone every time children don't read any longer.

5 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Bahamas95(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
Ok who remembers the name of the old woman?
Ayawa.....don't know if am correct.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Father4all: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2022
chukwuma0000:
the name is Raliatu the slave girl
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2022
Jayhansdboss:
Her name is Ayawa!

Ayiwa, not Ayawa
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Bahamas95(m): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2022
Nogymmarts:
RALIA THE SUGAR GIRL, HER MOTHER WAS DEAD, HER STEP MOTHER DID NOT GIVE HER FOOD.
I nor sure say na Sugar girl you dey quote so o........Ralia nor get stepmother for the novel.

Na blind mother she get.

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2022
The sugar girl

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by chival(f): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2022
chukwuma0000:
Sugar Girl. The lead character was called Ralia.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Kakamorufu(m): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2022
Ralia the Sucre girl

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by cayorday89(m): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2022
dominique:

She was not wicked even though at that was the initial impression the story have at first. she lost her husband and children and the village labelled her a witch. She had to flee from the village to start living in the bush where she found a lost Ralia and took her to her hut in the bush. Along the line, the prince's horse knocked down Ralia and he took her to the palace for treatment. The old woman wasn't aware of this and started looking for her. Word had gotten out that Ralia was living with the old woman in the bush and the youths rushed to her hut to fetch her from there, unfortunately the old woman could not produce Raliya and they automatically assumed that she had killed her like she killed her husband and children, they arrested her immediately and dragged her back to the village. Ralia got better, found out that her friend has is being detained because of her and she came forward to defend her and convince the villagers that she's not a witch.
As kids that we were then, it messed up with our school of thought and when an older me read it again, I realized just what you narrated here that the woman was a victim of societal labeling due to the different calamities that befall her family. And if my memory serves me well, Ralia was frightened because of the dark room, the stench of the food offered, and the nightmare she had that that the woman wanted to kill her in her dreams, so she had to run away before she was found by the hunter.
As a kid my only source of entertainment was reading books like this, and I am still looking for two books like that which I read in Primary four and five, titled "THE YOUNG BREED" and *HERO NUMBER ONE".

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by funmise007(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2022
casppyjay:
the drummer boy… this is lagos nobody can molest me… who said diz and to whom?the gods aren’t to blame by ola Rotimi..
Chai yu are a legend and yu deserve a chilled stout grin grin grin all those time i get SOP too naa there I know all this Christmas songs.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Bahamas95(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2022
Kakamorufu:
Ralia the Sucre girl
Which one is Sucre? Oga are you typing from Togo? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by rave1049: 9:45am On Feb 11, 2022
No safe for work cover.
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Suleiman45(m): 9:45am On Feb 11, 2022
The sugar girl

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by 9jaBloke: 9:45am On Feb 11, 2022
ComputerOperato:

You are a legend.
I read all these too.

OG smiley smiley
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 11, 2022
casppyjay:
Ralia the sugar girl in the village of apampam I will only forget after I’m dead I read it over and over again with the dancing yam, no supper for eze, eze goes to school , Ali and simbi..Funny how time flies and it was like some 33 years ago ..
I thought I've read all the eze books, so there's also no supper for eze
Re: Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? by dominique(f): 9:47am On Feb 11, 2022
9jaBloke:
Sugar Girl by Kola Onadipe.
Some of his other books I read then include:
Adventures of Souza
The Boy Slave
Return of Shettima

Those were the days.

This sequel to The Boy Slave, I looked for this book like my life depended on it back then. Memories...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? / ASUU: We Are Ready To Resume / Ibadan Polytechnic Burnt Seized Phones Worth N15m (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.