Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,161 members, 7,835,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? (2409 Views)

Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal? / If Your Girlfriend Has One Of These Jobs, She Might Be Cheating On You / Help! My Girlfriend Has Been Acting Strange Lately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by Marvyx(m): 5:06am On Feb 11, 2022
samuelson06:
I don't see any big deal about the girl having a child. Being a single mom doesn't make her less of a woman.

Most guys don't do single mother because -
1. Some of them like the OP's case, their baby daddy deflowered them and in such cases, she has already been imprinted by the guy and so, Okafor's law will surely take place ie the guy will have access to her cookie whenever he wants. Most baby mamas don't have a strong will against their baby daddies. Imagine dating Pere (Tuface baby mama).... She can't resist Tuface if he comes for her. Lol...

2. Even if she can resist her baby daddy from sleeping with her, as far as she has a child with another man, you'll surely have another man interfering with your 'supposed marriage'. Most men can't cope with that.

3. Why raise another man's seed?? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by phemmyfour: 5:30am On Feb 11, 2022
Havesomesense:
My girlfriend of 1 year and 5 months just told me that she has a daughter.
She said she was impregnated at the age of 16 in 2015 by a guy who promised to give her admission. She said they had sex once and that the guy took away her virginity.
My girlfriend will be 24 this year and her daughter will be 7 years.

I asked her for proof and she showed me her daughter's birth certificate with her name written as the mother and pictures of her daughter when she was a baby.
She is not involved in her daughter's life, her daughter lives with her Aunt.

I wouldn't have fallen in love with my girlfriend if she had told me in the beginning of the relationship that she has a child.
I remember telling her multiple times when we talked about baby mama's in the early stage of our relationship that I can fvvk them but I can't have anything serious with them.

I still love my girlfriend but I'm not proud of her currently.

I need opinions of matured folks concerning this issue.

I don't want this post to appear on front page.

Finally, my perception of girls has changed for worse.

Go ahead and dump her....she s not trustworthy, there may be many more hidden secrets she's still withholding from you.
Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by Stenewiser: 6:56am On Feb 11, 2022
oga we all have a dream we wish to accomplish, if your dream towards marriage is to marry a woman who has no baggage, dump her, don't give up on your dreams. you will be proud you did this sooner.
Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by deolumike(m): 8:46am On Feb 11, 2022
Introducing Rhapsody Digital Thrift and Piggy Bank (kolo). It's a digital form of piggy banking. Just like you save money in your local kolo box��

You may make small contribution daily, weekly or monthly from your account. Whichever convenient.

Download the app on Google Playstore, register and start saving �

You may save towards a target figure. it's very easy to manage

Use 202112080010 as referral code when signing up �

Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by samuelson06(m): 9:17am On Feb 11, 2022
Marvyx:

Most guys don't do single mother because -
1. Some of them like the OP's case, their baby daddy deflowered them and in such cases, she has already been imprinted by the guy and so, Okafor's law will surely take place ie the guy will have access to her cookie whenever he wants. Most baby mamas don't have a strong will against their baby daddies. Imagine dating Pere (Tuface baby mama).... She can't resist Tuface if he comes for her. Lol...

That's not true. It's about morals and not whatever law. And he knows that about her already.

2. Even if she can resist her baby daddy from sleeping with her, as far as she has a child with another man, you'll surely have another man interfering with your 'supposed marriage'. Most men can't cope with that.

Which man is going to interfere in their marriage? How exactly? Is there anything wrong if the child go and see the dad from time to time or if the child choose to stay with him? What exactly is going to create interference from the man? I don't see this being an issue please. No woman can allow a man that impregnated and abandoned her come back to interfere in her marriage unnecessarily. If you were a woman, would you tolerate that from any man?

3. Why raise another man's seed?? undecided

This doesn't sound right. This sounds like the voice of poverty. What's wrong with raising someone's child? Isn't the child a human? Can you predict how that child would impact your life in the future? Haven't you seen cases where such children turn out to be the best for their foster parent? Purge yourself of this mentality, please. There's absolutely nothing wrong in raising another person's child.
Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by Marvyx(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
samuelson06:

That's not true. It's about morals and not whatever law. And he knows that about her already.

Which man is going to interfere in their marriage? How exactly? Is there anything wrong if the child go and see the dad from time to time or if the child choose to stay with him? What exactly is going to create interference from the man? I don't see this being an issue please. No woman can allow a man that impregnated and abandoned her come back to interfere in her marriage unnecessarily. If you were a woman, would you tolerate that from any man?

This doesn't sound right. This sounds like the voice of poverty. What's wrong with raising someone's child? Isn't the child a human? Can you predict how that child would impact your life in the future? Haven't you seen cases where such children turn out to be the best for their foster parent? Purge yourself of this mentality, please. There's absolutely nothing wrong in raising another person's child.
Lol... Voice of inexperience talking..
Point 1 - You really know nothing much about women.. I'm telling telling you what works for majority, . I read about Okafor's law on NL some years ago and I didn't believe till I started seeing things at play for myself... Morals?? A girl with a high sense of morality can still have a weak legs for a man that has imprinted her. Few Nigerian girls have morals and they are really really rare. But you can Go and entangle yourself with a single mother and see for yourself.

Point 2 - I don't have much to say. Point 1 and 2 is intertwined. Go and read about how men imprint on women, I'm an administrator for a marriage counselor and I'm not talking based on hearsay, I'm speaking about what I see on a daily basis.

Point 3 - personal choice. Ciao.
Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by olamoses75(m): 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2022
Simplelion:
Would you choose someone who has aborted 19times at the age of 19yrs for a married man over her?
some people don't really know the cons of marrying a single mother, all they think is decency. Men are no longer looking for decent women, but the one they can be proud of at least. How do you want someone to introduce a 24yrs old single mother to his family, and be proud of it? Between a lady that has aborted before, but no record of entanglement with any man, and a lady that has never do abortion, but has been entangled with another man, who would you choose? It's easier to forgive someone's past but not when the evidence of that past is obvious, and can ruin your future. Single mothers don't have the capacity to love their new found husband deeply. Her child will always comes first, and there's high probability she'll still Bleep her baby father along the line.
Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by AfroKnight: 11:38pm On Feb 11, 2022
Lol. Havesomesense, you DON’T accept such deceit!

You leave her alone. You dump her!

When I created a thread on single mothers and why it is valid for men like me to NOT want to date or marry them, many women and some idîotic men came for my head. But it only points to the validity of the argument.

She waited for you to be in love with her before dropping the bomb on you.

It is now imperative (and in line with your principles) for you to drop the bomb on her.

Dump her lying áss! She must taste the cloying flavour of disappointment for her needless manipulation and deceit.

Dump her.

Who knows what other bomb shells she’s hiding? Dump the liar.
Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by frozen70(f): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Havesomesense:
My girlfriend of 1 year and 5 months just told me that she has a daughter.
She said she was impregnated at the age of 16 in 2015 by a guy who promised to give her admission. She said they had sex once and that the guy took away her virginity.
My girlfriend will be 24 this year and her daughter will be 7 years.

I asked her for proof and she showed me her daughter's birth certificate with her name written as the mother and pictures of her daughter when she was a baby.
She is not involved in her daughter's life, her daughter lives with her Aunt.

I wouldn't have fallen in love with my girlfriend if she had told me in the beginning of the relationship that she has a child.
I remember telling her multiple times when we talked about baby mamas' in the early stage of our relationship that I can fvvk them but I can't have anything serious with them.

I still love my girlfriend but I'm not proud of her currently.

I need opinions of matured folks concerning this issue.

I don't want this post to appear on front page.

Finally, my perception of girls has changed for worse.

Assuming you are the one that a lady left a girl of that age with and ran away, will another woman rejects you because of that

I want you to establish the fact that you guys love each other, that's the most important thing

Are you aware that, if you love that girl too, marriage will be a smoother sail because she will be there for her steps when they start arriving

Go ahead it's a proud and a blessing to be a mother

What if you are sterile, won't you accept that child as you have loved the mother

There is ko big deal in it, we all make mistakes, I her own case, she was robbed of her teenage age by an idiotic man

But thank God, she moved on
Re: How Do I Accept That My Girlfriend Has A Child? by advanceDNA: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
Wait....are there no single women out there you can start your life with??

What’s all these baggage you want to start your life with??

Even the woman you are talking about prefers you without any baggage....hence her strategy of not telling you about her child

Be wise..go and look for single like you

(1) (2) (Reply)

18 Truths About The Women's Clitoris / Can You Marry A Woman With 3 Kids? / My Best Girl Is Getting Married To Mr. Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.