Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) (59297 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by nijanigga: 7:00am On Feb 11, 2022
Ernchibyke:
Indeed the world is really changed and changing. Decency is horridly becoming a thing to be read in the history books.
With this pace will i be wrong to say that a time will come when men and women will be proud walking the face of the earth naked all in the name of freedom.

God help us!
Yep ,you know end of mankind is near ,going back to primitive age

2 Likes

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by hayoholla(m): 7:01am On Feb 11, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:

This was the REAL GOOD OLD DAYS not the nonesense colonialist time you think we're good old days when you showed nonesense "native wears" out of Turkish prints and Holland materials known as hollandaise and Indian and other foreign materials you called wrappers this were your true ancestors your true history not that brief stop in time between the 1960's to the 80's
This was from year 1 till year 1900's this is your true history your original real ancestors not our brainwashed mummies and daddies

You should be walking around naked too bro. We need to go back to the ways of our ancestors, so I don't want to catch you putting them clothes on.

2 Likes

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Offpoint1: 7:01am On Feb 11, 2022
rocknation62:
No oppression,no hype man,no dorime. Al I see here is decency.
Accept all you said except the "Dorime" part... zoom in carefully you'll see a DJ by exreme left playing Dorime grin
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by rave1049: 7:01am On Feb 11, 2022
Looks a lot different now
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by ejimatic: 7:02am On Feb 11, 2022
Mynd44:
https://twitter.com/tysalihu/status/1491801065943040001?t=FoQwpQJU-vH5Z1PyEnA4qw&s=19
. Each time I see a picture like this I still prefer the past time of our fathers because of serenity and safety to our present time flled with insecurity and chaos.

1 Like

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by yinkeys(m): 7:02am On Feb 11, 2022
reccy:
The good old days...... Now, what we have is a joint where prostitutes meet and display smelling and disgusting body parts.

I need that old days please
Western influence

However there are African cultures were women walk unclad in certain festivals. In South Africa, In Rivers State etc
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by reccy(m): 7:02am On Feb 11, 2022
Dorad:
I see the way you dragged only the women to this vomit of yours. Don't worry, you can eat it yourself embarassed embarassed embarassed

I'm only responsible for what I write. I'm never reponsible for how you understand it.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Tribalism123(m): 7:03am On Feb 11, 2022
Men na always men. Somebody grand papa still de watch bumbum
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:04am On Feb 11, 2022
michlins:
brother, we were moving around naked before the Europeans came. We're just going back to our roots

EXACTLY this is what I am here to preach, you shouldn't fear unclothedness it is normal human nature ESPECIALLY for us as AFRICANS, ALL AFRICANS including the NORTH AFRICANS we were all naked it is and was our original culture.
Suit in 37°c sun coupled with the high humidity in southern Nigeria is pure stoopidity and I am a lawyer telling you this
Jalabia and agbada in 37 - 40°c desert heat up north in northern Nigeria , Sahel Africa and North Africa is Fullishness of the highest order

This is our ORIGINAL culture: not our borrowed ARAB and EUROPEAN attires and culture and religions
1. North African Arab black 1920
2. North African Arab Amazigh 1910 to 1920
3. Fulfude girl pre 1900's
4. Igbo

I have similar pictures of Ijaw, Fulani, Yoruba, Nupe, Hausa etc etc but I can't find the file now

The Berbers or Amazigh only used to cover their nose and mouth from the fine desert sand so they only ever used clothes around their necks for that purpose they didn't wear them the way we do today until the Arabs invaded and re invaded them and imposed izlam on them and we are were we are today.
Same with us here

So basically if China had colonised us we'd all be Buddhist's today; meaning if China had colonised our ancestors that would have meant they would have adopted Buddhism and they would have taught us the Chinese system, culture and everything which we would today have adopted and foolishly called our own the way many fulanis and hausas think jalabia is their own native attire it isn't it's Arabic traditional wear, imagine an IJAW woman would have been wearing local Chinese dress and calling it her native wear the same way southern Nigerian women wear HOLLANDaise and call it native even though the name is HOLLANDaise how is Holland native to Nigeria lol

You people who think you are smart and you have morality, I am here to tell you that the compass with which you measure morality doesn't even belong to you it belongs to the Arabs and the Europeans but not yours. I you knew this you'd not type all what you type in the guise of GOOD OLD DAYS because you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the REAL OLD DAYS were like. This was and is the real good old days Infact it was worse than these because by the time this pictures were taken these guys had already been trading and getting clothe materials from the Arabs and Asians in general as well as the Europeans for about 200years prior so imagine 200to 400 years before this picture when there was ZERO major trade contact between us Africans and the Arabs or Europeans

5 Likes

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Bahamas95(m): 7:04am On Feb 11, 2022
Burgerlomo:
These days nah only almost pant and bra some people dey wear go night clubs in the name of fashion, dem even fit go there without wearing anything if they permit them.
They (girls) have started going completely nakkkked already.

There's a club close to my neighbourhood where they organise strippers night. If you wanna see different sizes of bumbum and pussssy you'll see them there......What they do is that they hide their identities by wearing fansy masks.

Guys still try as much as possible to look decent but the girls are shamelessly disastrous. When you see these girls you won't wanna have a female child......I don't blame guys that says they don't want female children.

2 Likes

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Michelle70(m): 7:05am On Feb 11, 2022
Mynd44:
https://twitter.com/tysalihu/status/1491801065943040001?t=FoQwpQJU-vH5Z1PyEnA4qw&s=19
I wonder how 30yrs from now will look like.

Adam and eve will be so angry, after paying the price so we could cover our unclothedness, today we trying to go back to the age
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by drealcivilceno(m): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2022
rocknation62:

Night clubs were made for dorime and - oppression is that is how you want to see it, they had hype men or it will called a bar or restaurant.

But this here is a decent night club!
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by yusluvad(m): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2022
Good old days, when decency is still a thing of the society, unlike this days...
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Afonasa(m): 7:08am On Feb 11, 2022
The world has truely evolved......

Freelancing gets better with good gigs and great reviews,And if not you ain't doing it right,and that's where I come in to help u get it right even as a newbie. Check my signature for more info
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by rocknation62(m): 7:12am On Feb 11, 2022
Offpoint1:

Accept all you said except the "Dorime" part... zoom in carefully you'll see a DJ by exreme left playing Dorime grin

Lols

I never saw that grin
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Shunbis(m): 7:12am On Feb 11, 2022
walking naked; we would be going back to the original plan where we (human) were not to be wearing cloths grin
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by ellizy(m): 7:14am On Feb 11, 2022
When there was sanity in the world
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Goldie16(f): 7:16am On Feb 11, 2022
I doubt this. I've seen my dad's pictures of the 70s and he had this cool afro and funnel like trousers. His female colleagues were wearing afro as well. They were skimpy mehn, especially the guys. My dad wore fitted top with half his chest exposed and even wore a big wedge shoe. The dressing was baaaaaad wink
There's no way on earth that's a nightclub gathering. They probably rented the club as a wedding reception or some other formal gathering.

2 Likes

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:16am On Feb 11, 2022
HeadNigga:
Good old days. There's hardly any church congregation that looks this decent. See as them look decent Yet na club them dey. This generation don rotten finish.
And you believed that was a night club! For crissakes, 1960 was just like yesterday. Go and check out the fashion trending then for men and women. Bell bottom Pants, afro hair, platform shoes, stilettos, tight pants and shirts, mini and midi gowns for women etc.
This is obviously a Yoruba social gathering which took place at night. It could be Yoruba tennis club or one of those numerous socio-cultural associations. Mynd44, you are wrong on this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by alfred007(m): 7:17am On Feb 11, 2022
grin wink cheesy grin wink
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 11, 2022
Ernchibyke:
Indeed the world is really changed and changing. Decency is horridly becoming a thing to be read in the history books.
With this pace will i be wrong to say that a time will come when men and women will be proud walking the face of the earth naked all in the name of freedom.

God help us!

Women, not men. I am sure men aren't that worthless to discard their pride in the name of trend and fashion.

We should really control all these women.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Indispensable85(m): 7:21am On Feb 11, 2022
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 11, 2022
rocknation62:

How you people get oppressed by someone else living in their own ego baffles me, that shows that if you have some change yourself, you will oppress others.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Ladycewhy(f): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2022
reccy:
The good old days...... Now, what we have is a joint where prostitutes meet and display smelling and disgusting body parts.

I need that old days please
The good old days picture you have in your head was actually influenced by the westerners ,if you really want the good old days take a time machine back to the days before colonization where women walked around bare chested and barely covered their parts or better still just join your ancestors in the grave. undecided

1 Like

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:24am On Feb 11, 2022
MrMcJay:
Looking at the steady progression in reducing the amount of clothing, 50 years from now, people will be dancing naked in nightclubs.

Seems it's been a while you visited a night club. Girls are already dressing naked in some clubs now, particularly the dancers. Where do you want to put your #1000 bills if she is clothed?
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by madjune(m): 7:24am On Feb 11, 2022
No be today e start.

See that man dey look small yansh.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Innobee99(m): 7:28am On Feb 11, 2022
canada2022:
The only difference is they were not sexy.......lol

But things were good walahi
Lies, women back then we're so sexy with banging bodies.

U must not display ur unclothedness before u become sexy
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:28am On Feb 11, 2022
michlins:
brother, we were moving around naked before the Europeans came. We're just going back to our roots

True. Let me add this little twist. If you constantly see a woman naked, she loses sexual appeal to you. The only reason sex looks like a big deal and sexual urges seem to be huge is basically "scarcity".

If women were to start walking around naked, men will soon get used to it and it won't attract them again, thereby in the long run reducing cases of rape and co

1 Like

Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:29am On Feb 11, 2022
Very simple and classy unlike now, these days the set of náked girls you will see in the club will make you shake your head.
Re: What An Ibadan Nightclub Looked Like In 1960 (Picture) by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 11, 2022
So skull mining started at night clubs in Ibadan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Experience At Quilox Club, Lagos" - Lady Recounts / Man Tattoos Eyeball After Accident Left His Eyeball White And Cloudy (pictures) / Nollywood Actress, Afrocandy Now Making Blue Films As Nollywood Movies [VIDEO ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.