Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,628 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon (10796 Views)

Onitsha Undergoing Total Reconstruction Under Gov Soludo (video & Photos) / Completion Of Umuahia Ikwuano Ikot-ekpene Road My Utmost Priority - Rep Onuigbo / Works To Commence At Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road Next Week — Hon. Onuigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Metrix147: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2022
Motorists along the popular Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene road will soon heave a sigh of relief as the contractor, Heartland Construction Company Ltd concludes an arrangement to commence total reconstruction of the federal road linking South East and Akwa Ibom State, ABN TV reports.

The road has for a long time been a source of worry to road users along that axis with its attendant incessant carnages.

The federal government had in 2017, awarded the contract for the total rehabilitation of the road but the project was stalled due to paucity of funds until December 2021 when the federal government approved its total reconstruction under the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Road Tax Credit Scheme.

Addressing newsmen Thursday at Oboro Ikwuano Yard of the firm after inspection of some portions of the 50km road, the Managing Director, Mr. Fayez Kuacaf, said they had been paid mobilisation fee by the federal government.

He said that the company had already started mobilising their equipment to the site for immediate commencement of the project which he added, was expected to be delivered in two years' time other things being equal.

Mr. Kuacaf said that after tackling a 10 kilometer stretch from Umuahia to Oboro Ikwuano to make for the easy passage from the state capital, then attention would be given to other failed portions of the road.

His words: "We are not here for palliative work; we have come to begin the total reconstruction work.
"We have already started mobilising equipment to site. Now that government has secured the much-needed funds for the project, we will expedite the work.

"We don't plan sitting and letting the money fester in the bank account. We want to work to get paid."

Asked when exactly work would begin on the project, the MD said "immediately", but added that certain arrangements "like security arrangement" has to be put in place.

"We have received payment and we have to start work almost immediately. More equipment is on the way. As we speak, Lowbirds from our Center workshop are on the way. We have made huge investments to increase the number of equipment to bring to site. Now that something has been released we need to begin work".

Asked what percentage of the N13.4 billion contract sum had been released to the company, Mr. Kuacaf, said " five percent", but expressed optimism that government would not renege in its promises to release more funds as work progressed.

"As long as something continues to come as we have been promised. We have faith in the Government that we will be fully paid as we deliver."

On the issue of the right of way, the firm said the Ministry of Work was handling the matter and would deal accordingly.

Speaking with newsmen, member representing Ikwuano-Umuahia federal constituency, Hon. Sam Onuigbo, expressed joy over the development, saying the intervention meant that the pressures he had been mounting on the Ministry of Works and the contractor had yielded fruits.

The lawmaker who said he felt very hopeful and expectant, expressed optimism that very soon the road would be delivered to alleviate the plights of his constituents and other road users.

"During my meeting with the Minister of Works and the Contractor last week I told them the urgency of the road and to take advantage of the dry season", he said.
Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/contractor-set-commence-total-reconstruction-umuahia-ikwuano-ikot-ekpene-road/

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Jones4190(m): 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2022
If the PDP just decides to punish Atiku and zone the ticket to the south and the whole south cedes it to the NC and the zonal caucus choose me and then again the APC decides to also adopt me as their candidate, then I'll become the president unopposed....

6 Likes

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by everythinggirly(f): 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2022
Wike is the best.
Say no to kerosene governor.
Say no to Osisioma-Bridge abadoner.

5 Likes

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Daniel058(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
Abia! Let them construct it to be as good as Roads in Ebonyi ooo!

grin

Nwa-Abakaliki

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Jadmchris(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
wink
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Michelle70(m): 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2022
K
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by GooseBump: 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2022
unrelated but do you know that nairaland is trending on Twitter right now, and people are angry because nairaland is a year older than twitter but seun refused to be innovative with nairaland

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by RandyOku: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
As ELECTION draws near, ALL ABANDONED projects will carry NEW Signpost of RECONSTRUCTIONcheesy...After election? You know what it's...

THIS IS LieGERIA-the ZOO and POVERTY capitalgrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by ogelekpomgam(m): 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
Daniel058:
Abia!
Umuahia.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Metrix147: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
More photos

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by bjayx: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
That road is hell on earth!

1 Like

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by fran6ixx(m): 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
Nigeria govt is a failure . a contract that was awarded 2017 and they failed and you think 2022 will work? , another way to embezzle

1 Like

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Goziesam: 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
We need actions please, that road has damaged my car countless times.

2 Likes

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Almaigaa: 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
God bless Buhari.
He kept making NDIGBO proud. The only development in the East took place during this administration of Mazi Buhari.

2nd Niger Bridge is about to be completed, so many Road constructions all over the East. And he recently build an International Airport in Anambra for Ndigbo. grin grin

President Buhari anyi na-ekele gi

1 Like

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Nonexisting: 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
Jones4190:
If the PDP just decides to punish Atiku and zone the ticket to the south and the whole south cedes it to the NC and the zonal caucus choose me and then again the APC decides to also adopt me as their candidate, then I'll become the president unopposed....
My nigga. It's time to change your supplier before you enter market.

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
It is even a federal terrorist road! The evil,envy,hatred from this TERROIST govt is openly for all to see. For complete 7yrs; they left this road to be killing people. Make I see any animal wey go Jubilet after the construction, that's if this news is not a scam as usual.

1 Like

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by mikendie(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2022
This is a welcome development. It will reduce the suffering of the people living there
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Amah70: 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2022
Same story since 2016.
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by heniford2: 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
After bloody 7yrs we want Biafra jor
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Amah70: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
fran6ixx:
Nigeria govt is a failure . a contract that was awarded 2017 and they failed and you think 2022 will work? , another way to embezzle

The length of All the federal roads in the east added together may not be up to the length of Kano to Abuja road in the north, yet the eastern roads are dust or mud every year.
One Nigeria is a curse to the east. Golden geese lay eggs but get starved, while their eggs go out to feed the barren fowls.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Izzydeprince: 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
After seven years in government nothing was done and now it remains barely one year to go they suddenly remember "total reconstruction", simply propaganda and political gimmicks for 2023 election.
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by MrStan11(m): 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
This is an abandoned project in making.
13.4 billion naira contract and you paid 5% for mobilization.

Lol. And ppl are clapping.
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by DawnG1(m): 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
I hope this time they will reconstruct it truly and not pour broken stones on it as usual only to be washed away when the rain comes, the suffering on this road is unimaginable!
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2022
South East!
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
Ikwuano my LGA

They always say this but at the end nothing

Abeg getat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2022
Amah70:

The length of All the federal roads in the east added together may not be up to the length of Kano to Abuja road in the north, yet the eastern roads are dust or mud every year.
One Nigeria is a curse to the east. Golden geese lay eggs but get starved, while their eggs go out to feed the barren fowls.

Since land is very tiny,why Governors won't do it?
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 11, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
Ikwuano my LGA

Are you from the said place?
Re: Total Reconstruction Of Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Road To Start Soon by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Are you from the said place?
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Text Of Peter Obi's Speech In Charlotte, North Carolina / Unkempt Environment At Garki Police Barrack FCT / Voter Registration: There Will Be No Extension, Insists INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.