Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? (11506 Views)

Can I Write Codes With My Smartphone And How Flexible Is It? / HTTP Status Codes With Definitions / How To Use Your Android Phone To Write Codes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by February30(m): 6:38am On Feb 16, 2022
barragan:

You can't install an IDE on a tablet and you need an IDE for any serious coding.

I am a programmer, I didn't install any IDE.

I run my codes on the cloud
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by February30(m): 6:41am On Feb 16, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
Good afternoon everyone. I just started to learn to code a few months ago. I have been using my phone since I started with Sololearn, but now I want to get a laptop to continue.
However, I have been wondering if it's possible for me to get a tablet instead and write my codes there.
Are there any disadvantages? Please enlighten me.

Oga, If you get a Mac device or chrome device, you can do all your Programming.

Cloud Computing has helped, you don't need to install IDE
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by barragan: 7:49am On Feb 16, 2022
February30:

I am a programmer, I didn't install any IDE.

I run my codes on the cloud

That's nice, what's your setup?
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Bukola94: 7:54am On Feb 16, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:
Good afternoon everyone. I just started to learn to code a few months ago. I have been using my phone since I started with Sololearn, but now I want to get a laptop to continue.
However, I have been wondering if it's possible for me to get a tablet instead and write my codes there.
Are there any disadvantages? Please enlighten me.
Most people on this forum are of the opinion that you should get a laptop. I have one for sale. HP EliteBOOK, Corei5, 6 GB RAM 450 plus ROM. WINDOWS 10 PRO. Going for 64k. No ba3, the ba3 is dead and I use it roughly. I use it for movies, project and exam typing. And my brother use it for gaming. So if you are interested, let me know
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by February30(m): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
barragan:

That's nice, what's your setup?

Chrome OS

Always on the net,

I use jdoodle

ekeneagu. links to some of my projects
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2022
So far, I think beginners will like SoloLearn. The lessons will be easy to follow
owagbeba:

Hi. I am old boy but I would like to learn a new trick. How do I start to learn coding?

Is sololearn good for a beginner?

By the way, if you are in Lagos, you can get a cheap laptop from importers at Ojo Alaba. Even cheaper if you get those older models and upgrade the hardwares
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by ThatWriterBoy(m): 11:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
ASHTAROTH:

Please get a laptop and ensure the speed and RAM is top notch.
Also, don't use sololearn. I will recommend you use Codecademy.

Please can you tell me why?
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by ASHTAROTH: 2:04am On Feb 18, 2022
ThatWriterBoy:

Please can you tell me why?

Codecademy is project-focused.
You'll have a range of portfolios (GitHub) by the time you are done with your path (Full stack, backend, frontend, data science, etc)
Codecademy is text-based with a separate window to code; with occasional videos - it's easier to learn with only text, believe me, video courses slow you.

If you don't want to pay for Codecademy, Google 'the Odin project' - it is free.

Another platform I enjoy using is educative.io
If you want to pay less, use VPN to change your location to Pakistan - you will pay %70 less for one year of access. Same for Codecademy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Sified(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
amjokes:
Pls how much can 1 buy the UK used one currently(laptop)
seen?
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by luvyaself95(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2022
Bukola94:
Most people on this forum are of the opinion that you should get a laptop. I have one for sale. HP EliteBOOK, Corei5, 6 GB RAM 450 plus ROM. WINDOWS 10 PRO. Going for 64k. No ba3, the ba3 is dead and I use it roughly. I use it for movies, project and exam typing. And my brother use it for gaming. So if you are interested, let me know
Is this laptop still available
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Bukola94: 1:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
luvyaself95:
yes
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Bukola94: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2022
Bukola94:

yes
going for 56k, but u will have to replace the battery and fix of the open and close. I will upload the picture of the notebook later.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by PlaysNigeria: 6:37am On May 02, 2022
Bro get a laptop, even after getting a laptop with time you will know you have to upgrade it.
So a tablet doesn't count, I'll rather code with a phone instead of paying huge some for a mobile phone functionality.
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Bukola94: 5:20pm On May 17, 2022
luvyaself95:
yes it is, I have been trying to run Windows 11 on it. Please did you have idea of the drivers that can be use for it? It is been saying drivers missing
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by Bukola94: 5:23pm On May 17, 2022
anyone that have idea of how I can drive it to run on Windows 11 should please show a narration. God bless
Re: Can You Write Codes With A Tablet Instead Of A Laptop? by seunny4lif(m): 12:50am On May 18, 2022
Odin project is good but check up CS50

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You On The Dark Web? / Please How Do I Remove Shortcut Virus On My Android. / C++ Beginner Discussion Room: Drop Your Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.