Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:46 PM

UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title (11379 Views)

President Buhari Congratulates Kamaru Usman For Retaining UFC Title / 'Zaha Is Not For Sale' - Hodgson Confident Of Retaining Chelsea Target - PHOTO / Injury Update: Mohamed Salah Is “confident” Of Being Fit For The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by tarantino1: 8:59am On Feb 12, 2022
lifezone247:
Robert whitterker has improved a lot since their last fight back in 2019. It’s gonna be a tough one for Izzy.

E dey always shock me when people say this thing.

Do you believe Izzy has not also improved since three years ago? It's going to be extra tough for both of them sha.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Josywhyte: 9:04am On Feb 12, 2022
We solidly behind u bro. Will be cheering from the stands....luck bro! Come out victorious
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Truvelisback(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2022
Bahamas95:
This is the real combat sport, not that fvcking WWE wey dem take deceive us when we small.

Wrestler go leave fight wey he dey fight dey talk to opponent babe wey dey outside ring...... Opponent go hit am from behind and win fight.
Why do they sustain injuries, bleed and are rushed to hospital during matches?
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Temptee101(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2022
See this one.

You are hoping to retain the title, when you are yet to blacklist Buhari's number.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by jos4kay: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2022
Truvelisback:

They are stuntmen, accidents do happen. if you believe WWE fights are real then you still have the mind of a kid

3 Likes

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Springboot: 9:30am On Feb 12, 2022
FlexTrex:
No pick Buhari call oh. I don tell you my own!

How will people like you ever succeed in life? If you believe a call from another human can make you fail
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Truvelisback(m): 9:46am On Feb 12, 2022
jos4kay:

They are stuntmen, accidents do happen. if you believe WWE fights are real then you still have the mind of a kid
I can't force u to believe the obvious. Some of them are more entertaining than physical while some of them are more physical in their fight than entertaining. Watch the fight of Brocklesnar beating everyone in and outside the ring. Note: They are under rules. We no rules match too. I.e u are free to do whatever u want to do with the person. In most cases, it involves signature of the 2 Wrestlers.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by seunmsg(m): 9:50am On Feb 12, 2022
All the best Izzy.

1 Like

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Simplecity(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2022
lifezone247:
Robert whitterker has improved a lot since their last fight back in 2019. It’s gonna be a tough one for Izzy.
its not an improvement ....its more like he went back to his oldself of mixing wrestling with striking and being more patient....thats not an improvement undecided
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Simplecity(m): 9:57am On Feb 12, 2022
meobizy:
Funny enough, in my four years of watching the sport, I’ve never seen a Whittaker fight. I hope it thrills.
fr?.....you be leisure fan be dat grin ....
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by jos4kay: 9:58am On Feb 12, 2022
Truvelisback:
I can't force u to believe the obvious. Some of them are more entertaining than physical while some of them are more physical in their fight than entertaining. Watch the fight of Brocklesnar beating everyone in and outside the ring. Note: They are under rules. We no rules match too. I.e u are free to do whatever u want to do with the person. In most cases, it involves signature of the 2 Wrestlers.

Brock Lesnar you mentioned was an Olympic Gold Wrestler and UFC champion, he retired because he was sick. WWE is his retirement home. so its natural for him to be aggressive. His background in combat sport made him like that, there are people like him in WWE, but its dont change the fact the WWE fights are scripted and they dont hide it.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Maxxim: 10:05am On Feb 12, 2022
Bakrabas:
Iron bender Adesanya Israel, we are expecting another good results from you. May it be another success to your profile. The match is 01:00am on Sunday
It's style bender

1 Like

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by AmazingELixir: 10:20am On Feb 12, 2022
grin

So long as Buhari or any Nigerian politician doesn't call or frolick with him before the fight, he is good to go.

I recall how the ex Ogun state governor Ibukunle Amosun was gushing all around Anthony Joshua and the latter was comprehensively wiped.

What a sissy dawan was that fight night..
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by thorpido(m): 10:21am On Feb 12, 2022
Simeony007:
This match is a tough one for him because both of them hasn't lost a fight before.
Adesanya defeated Whittaker before.It's their second fight.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Truvelisback(m): 10:24am On Feb 12, 2022
jos4kay:

Brock Lesnar you mentioned was an Olympic Gold Wrestler and UFC champion, he retired because he was sick. WWE is his retirement home. so its natural for him to be aggressive. His background in combat sport made him like that, there are people like him in WWE, but its dont change the fact the WWE fights are scripted and they dont hide it.
Every sport is scripted including football. He isn't the only one. Bobby Lashely, GoldBerg and others too. Infact, the most aggressiveness is found in NXT. There, their fight is more physical than entertaining.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Bahamas95(m): 10:28am On Feb 12, 2022
Truvelisback:
Abegi wrestling is mainly for entertainment, their fight is micky mouse fight.....Don't let those injuries deceive you, even tennis players, footballers etc get injured.

Those people are professionally trained athletes mainly for entertainment.....I don't regard wrestling as a real combat sport. Nothing on earth will make me sit in front of my tv now and be watching WWE. The only combat sport I watch is boxing and UFC.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Mkingz(m): 10:42am On Feb 12, 2022
Lol football scripted??
Omo nothing person no go hear for nairaland undecided
Truvelisback:
Every sport is scripted including football. He isn't the only one. Bobby Lashely, GoldBerg and others too. Infact, the most aggressiveness is found in NXT. There, their fight is more physical than entertaining.

1 Like

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Acecube(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2022
Mkingz:
Lol football scripted??
Omo nothing person no go hear for nairaland undecided
The guy is Jon Snow... He knows nothing. grin
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Acecube(m): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2022
Truvelisback:
Football is scripted ke... Guy stop saying what you don't know.

Wrestling is scripted period... Don't drag other sports to its scriptedness.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by profmallor: 10:58am On Feb 12, 2022
As long as Izzy sticks to his game plan and not any yeye calls he would be victorious.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by jos4kay: 11:08am On Feb 12, 2022
Truvelisback:

You are confusing Match-fixing with Scripting. Match-fixing is illegal, actors tried as much as possible not to get caught. Everybody knows WWE is scripted because its an open secret and cant be tag as match-fixing. Before every WWE, the opponent practiced their moves and how the winner will be decided.

The good thing is they added high level stunt and entertainment and story to it.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by koolaid87: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2022
The diff btw Adesanya and Anthony Joshua is that the latter is a people pleaser and the former dont give a fvck about anyone.

Combat sport is a mental game. Acknowledging your root and not giving a fvck helps your mental fortress.

Adesanya to win by KO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Semaj77(m): 11:27am On Feb 12, 2022
lifezone247:

I'm a bit scared for Izzy , even his last 3 fights I was uneasy , let's hope he gets through this one

1 Like

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Semaj77(m): 11:28am On Feb 12, 2022
Bahamas95:
This is the real combat sport, not that fvcking WWE wey dem take deceive us when we small.

Wrestler go leave fight wey he dey fight dey talk to opponent babe wey dey outside ring...... Opponent go hit am from behind and win fight.

Anybody still believing WWE is either juvenile or just plain stewpid

1 Like

Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Truvelisback(m): 11:38am On Feb 12, 2022
jos4kay:

You are confusing Match-fixing with Scripting. Match-fixing is illegal, actors tried as much as possible not to get caught. Everybody knows WWE is scripted because its an open secret and cant be tag as match-fixing. Before every WWE, the opponent practiced their moves and how the winner will be decided.

The good thing is they added high level stunt and entertainment and story to it.
That's why it is called entertainment. Those game plans they show to players on what to do, where to play and how to play in the pitch is what?
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2022
I read people's comments here and was amazed. How will you say football game is scripted. Lol

I'm a Number 1fan of UFC. I see Izzy loosing this match. Not because he can't beat The Reaper! But because there's no one matchable to him in that division.

Here's what Dana White did behind d scene that CNN sports reveal.

Izzy just signed a new contract deal with UFC. That makes him the 2nd highest after The Notorious... He has been paid to loose the Match. Then Kamaru Will move up to challenge the Reaper, (a fight that will put money in both the fighters and UFC's pocket).

I see Izzy loosing this fight because he has been paid a very huge sum to loose it. Kamaru Will move up immediately to challenge the title after that. It's all about win win for every party.

I don Carey withtalker to win. The odd na 3.40 for Bet9ja. See you tomorrow by this time for my testimony
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by handsomeyinka(m): 11:43am On Feb 12, 2022
Simeony007:
This match is a tough one for him because both of them hasn't lost a fight before.
They've both lost before

Adesanya lost 1

Whittaker lost 5
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by jos4kay: 11:47am On Feb 12, 2022
Truvelisback:
That's why it is called entertainment. Those game plans they show to players on what to do, where to play and how to play in the pitch is what?

You dont know SPORT, stick to your WWE and probably Zeeworld.

You can make your own plan but its not sport if you know the plan of your opponent, (you can even know) but for your opponent to surrender to you willingly, that is not sport.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Coolbreeze1988(m): 11:48am On Feb 12, 2022
Abeg no pick Buhari's call o, make your own no come be like Anthony Joshua and Super eagles own o.
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by Yomit71(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
gustav25:

Keep mute if you are not sure of things Mr man
He has schooled you, so go sit-down
Re: UFC 271: Adesanya Confident Of Retaining Title by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
Bakrabas:
Iron bender Adesanya Israel, we are expecting another good results from you. May it be another success to your profile. The match is 01:00am on Sunday

Are you sure it’s not 5:00am?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kamaru Usman Vs Jorge Masvidal: UFC 251 - July 12 / Birmingham 2022: Nnamdi Claims Bronze In Men's Para-powerlifting Event / Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.