Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,005 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 (33669 Views)

IPOB's Sit-At-Home Order Affected Completion Of 2nd Niger Bridge – Fashola / Construction Progress Of 2nd Niger Bridge. / Are These True Reflections Of 2nd Niger Bridge? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Emir01: 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
luvinhubby:

Stop lying shamelessly in public, Goodluck Jonathan took a ride on that rail line weeks before his handover.
The 2nd Niger bridge you people are all over the net lying about was started in2013 & was suspended for 1 yr by Buhari till 2016 alongside the Lagos--Ibadan expressway to "review" the contract.

Jonathan borrowed the fund from China for Lagos-Ibadan rail project before he was voted out of power. You people will not stop amazing us.
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
fake video..fake fake..jesus are you gullible..nonsense cut and join video. I love there you dimwit

tamdun:

U are a liar, ordinary Google search would have saved you from this nonsense, watch that video and see the road construction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768OYrKVV84
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by eegold: 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Is he not the best president in the world? Do go collect your 3,000 naira salary. Enemy of Nigeria

morgstreme:

Miscreant!!!

May the PAIN of Buhari as President kee you dere in your rundown, WRETCHED hamlet..

Nkita Ohia!
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by sulaak(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
well let me tell you real life koko about the bridge since I stay close. it won't and can't be ready by 2023..Only the river niger aspect of the bridge is being done, how do you get to the bridge? what roads? where is the beginning and the end..? they are just joining the pillars or slabs or whatever only on the river..No road leading to the bridge

Let's first get the difficult part completed the bridge of the Niger. The next president will complete the connected roads or the states might do it themselves. We need that bridge completed because the iron bridge cannot deal with all the traffic.
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by gentleguy1975: 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Triangles1:
Google maps.

Sincerely Buhari tried for eastern part most of their infrastructure was built by his government including third mainland bridge.
Third mainland bridge ke
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by techWriter3: 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
The most difficult element is making a overpass across the River
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by me69: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
Russian completed a 16km bridge in 2 years

2 Likes

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by bigpicture001: 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
tamdun:

U think u are smart, pdp spent 16yrs,what stopped them from building the bridge, from obasanjo to yar'adua and finally ur adopted son Jonathan undecided

I laff... From the conception of the bridge till Jonathan left is two years.. that where the argument, cost design etc where approved before award and moving to site.. also counterpact funding was 50%paid...

Buhari came up and cancelled the payment , investigated for two years and then repaid what has been paid... So for 8years he couldn't finish ordinary bridge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by kollinpowel(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Baba Go slow doing the slow and steady wins the race thing.
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by streetsoldier1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nigerians are really not wise, whatz the big deal in a bridge less than 1.5km that became every politicians campaign promises.... it will take chaina just few months to do this without noise. Seems black ma is genetically disconfigured and minds conditioned for backwardness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by wolebest: 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2022
It seems some commentators here just hop about from post to post.

Nairalanders have always posted progress reports about the bridge since it's construction started in 2015 to date.

Let's leave the naysayers alone, the bridge and its complement of road network are taking shape and people are taking strategic economic position on ground.

Commissioning date 2023 is fast approaching.

1 Like

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by History555: 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
morgstreme:

PAINED HATING UNINFORMED MISCREANT!!!

The Bridge will be ready by March next year...

Have you been to the site

I guess not...

I have been there...p

I have my classmate working there..

I am Civil Engineer and understand the peculiarities..

Even the Bridge being built by this Admin at Bonny land is even more "complicated" to achieve it's design..

But street urchins like you know nothing about that but expose their disappointment in the successes of Buhari..

I am Igbo but have to say that President Buhari is the BEST PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA in its history,taking to cognisance all areas of our polity...

VERIFIABLE FACTS ARE STUBBORN!

And I don't expect a lowlife wimp that doesn't have the experience, training and demeanour to get it..

And we have 10s of millions of you in our soil..

Knucklehead!

U know the fake lgbos when they start announcing i am lgbo

3 Likes

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by ClassicMan202(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
egunna:
na ur type no dey ever achieve anything for una life.we know una type,full every where.u remember Israelites abi?dere blood dey ur body

which blood con dey your body?
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ofcourse I love progress. I wish other past presidents started it, e for don complete by now. If they complete that bridge and fix the roads and communities that are situated there..Omo asaba go develop fast fast. I'm sure 2023 isn't feasible because I have been there

sulaak:

Let's first get the difficult part completed the bridge of the Niger. The next president will complete the connected roads or the states might do it themselves. We need that bridge completed because the iron bridge cannot deal with all the traffic.
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Autoclazz: 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Don't mind this op, the road from obosi junction in Onitsha-owerri road to the bridge in 90% completed. I have step my feet on it.
You reside in kogi state telling us you saw what with google map.
Nonsense!
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by RodgersAkpafu: 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
illuminutty:

Yes of course.

Huh,?
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by hchiboy: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
well let me tell you real life koko about the bridge since I stay close. it won't and can't be ready by 2023..Only the river niger aspect of the bridge is being done, how do you get to the bridge? what roads? where is the beginning and the end..? they are just joining the pillars or slabs or whatever only on the river..No road leading to the bridge

E go shock you....Thomas
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by ifiokjohn(m): 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
morgstreme:

PAINED HATING UNINFORMED MISCREANT!!!

The Bridge will be ready by March next year...

Have you been to the site

I guess not...

I have been there...

I have my classmate working there..

I am Civil Engineer and understand the peculiarities..

Even the Bridge being built by this Admin at Bonny land is even more "complicated" to achieve it's design..

But street urchins like you know nothing about that but expose their disappointment in the successes of Buhari..

I am Igbo but have to say that President Buhari is the BEST PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA in its history,taking to cognisance all areas of our polity...

VERIFIABLE FACTS ARE STUBBORN!

And I don't expect a lowlife wimp that doesn't have the experience, training and demeanour to get it..

And we have 10s of millions of you in our soil..

Knucklehead!
1 bridge , 2rails ND he becomes the best president after slice bread. Lol.
Under him Nigeria became the poverty capital of the world.
Nigerians feed from hand to mouth.
Our security is worst. Education is worst.
I don't need to talk bout healthcare cause you Know the answer to that.
Power is smh
Tell me, if someone pass 1 subject outa 9 will you say he has done very well?

I think you need to re-evaluate yourself on what 'Best' means

2 Likes

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
Emir01:

Is either most of you are not informed or just not happy with the progress made on infrastructure. Which modalities? Do you know how the bridge is being funded? How much is entire infrastructure project during GEJ. Their thousands of projects without no concrete source means of funding. If there's any reason am voting APC it's because of their visible infrastructure projects on road,rail, airports and military.
Read this and stop deceiving yourself
https://dailypost.ng/2018/04/14/doyin-okupe-makes-15-shocking-revelations-second-niger-bridge/
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2022
Emir01:

Is either most of you are not informed or just not happy with the progress made on infrastructure. Which modalities? Do you know how the bridge is being funded? How much is entire infrastructure project during GEJ. Their thousands of projects without no concrete source means of funding. If there's any reason am voting APC it's because of their visible infrastructure projects on road,rail, airports and military.
Doyin Okupe shares shocking revelations about Second Niger Bridge

Quoting Chidi Cali, a Facebook user, in a post entitled: “GEJ, Buhari & The People,” Okupe said,

[1] The Bridge is NOT Being Constructed by the FGN.
[2] It’s a PPP Project which the FGN contributes a tiny fraction.

[3] The 2nd Niger Bridge Will Cost about N117 billion.

[4] Started in 2013 and should have been completed in 2017, but worked stopped for 31 months. Completion date Not certain now.

[5] FGN share of the Cost is N30billion. Jonathan through the Sure-P paid N21.2billion (71%) including N7billion for the completion of preparatory work (
6] 38% of the work has been done as at Jan 2015.
[7] The N140b Oshiomhole said was wasted on Admin cost on the bridge was a lie, as admin cost will not be higher the to cost of the whole project.

[8] Buhari’s Govt Paid N2billion NOT $2billion as Osinbajo said during the Anambra state election. They will be paying another N3.05 when 2018 budget is approved.

[9] Work has restarted in earnest at the site and about 5%-7% has been completed bring the total completed work to about 43% to 45% according to an engineer I spoke to
10] All the pictures flying all over the internet are pictures of work-in-progress made during the 1st quarter of 2015.

[11] In summary Jonathan Govt have paid 71% of FGN share of the cost, While Buhari’s govt has paid 6.1%.

[12] Julius Berger, the Major Contractor and Construction company will put Toll Gate on Completion of the Bridge to cover their cost.

[13] The Construction Company is Funding the Project and the People using the Bridge will bear the cost via Toll Charges.

[14] The real People building the Bride are Nigerians that will use the Bridge, as they will REPAY the cost to Julius Berger.

[15] For those celebrating Politicians and sharing old or fake pictures of 2nd Niger Bridge, the #Facts are Not on your side

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Ngorbungor(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
Many argument but the truth is that plus or minus the commissioning date for 2NB might be after Buhari's tenure

It's true the project itself is over 80% completed, but one major thing that will delay it commissioning is this raining season which will slow the pace of work. I've worked with Berger and I have been to that site twice, in 2014 and last visited in 2015 January 10th to be precise and I can tell you guys for fact that the bridge started in 2013 -2014, mobilization and moving of heavy equipment and personnel.

I have step my two foot on the Asaba end of the bridge because that where Berger started from, created access road etc.

So from what is on ground I don't think they can finish this year.

2 Likes

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by aribisala0(m): 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ngorbungor:
Many argument but the truth is that plus or minus the commissioning date for 2NB might be after Buhari's tenure

It's true the project itself is over 80% completed, but one major think that will delay it commissioning is this raining season which will slow the pace of work. I've worked with Berger and I have been to that site twice, in 2014 and last visited in 2015 January 10th to be precise and I can tell you guys for fact that the bridge started in 2013 -2014, mobilization and moving of heavy equipment and personnel.

I have step my two foot on the Asaba end of the bridge because that where Berger started from, created access road etc.

So from what is on ground I don't think they can finish this year.
I can tell you that the Bridge will be commissioned before May 29 2023 and will be commissioned by Buhari and named MBB
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by RolexOfGeneva(m): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
walemoney007:
This will put to an end the lies of Jonathan starting the bridge.
Google map can't show you the true picture. Only the locals can tell you.
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Ngorbungor(m): 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2022
aribisala0:
I can tell you that the Bridge will be commissioned before May 29 2023 and will be commissioned by Buhari and named MBB

I wish they complete it this month, but for the name, does it really matter? For me it doesn't matter because name change is inevitable, the people will definitely give it a name that suite them.
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by aribisala0(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ngorbungor:

I wish they complete it this month, but for the name, does it really matter? For me it doesn't matter because name change is inevitable, the people will definitely give it a name that suite them.
It does matter. Don't you think Buhari deserves it? If he completes it why not?

1 Like

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Bizibi(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
It will be completed under the next administration....una dey use ppp project dey play politics,ozuor!!!!
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Ngorbungor(m): 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
aribisala0:
It does matter. Don't you think Buhari deserves it? If he completes it why not?

Like I said, I don't care about the name but if the government want the bridge to be named after the president then nothing spoils, but think of it how many people will like to pronounce that long name "Mohammed Buhari Bridge"
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Emir01: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
Takeproft:

Quoting Chidi Cali, a Facebook user, in a post entitled: “GEJ, Buhari & The People,” Okupe said,

[4] Started in 2013 and should have been completed in 2017, but worked stopped for 31 months. Completion date Not certain now.

[5] FGN share of the Cost is N30billion. Jonathan through the Sure-P paid N21.2billion (71%) including N7billion for the completion of preparatory work (
[7] The N140b Oshiomhole said was wasted on Admin cost on the bridge was a lie, as admin cost will not be higher the to cost of the whole project.

[8] Buhari’s Govt Paid N2billion NOT $2billion as Osinbajo said during the Anambra state election. They will be paying another N3.05 when 2018 budget is approved.

[9] Work has restarted in earnest at the site and about 5%-7% has been completed bring the total completed work to about 43% to 45% according to an engineer I spoke to
10] All the pictures flying all over the internet are pictures of work-in-progress made during the 1st quarter of 2015.

[11] In summary Jonathan Govt have paid 71% of FGN share of the cost, While Buhari’s govt has paid 6.1%.

[12] Julius Berger, the Major Contractor and Construction company will put Toll Gate on Completion of the Bridge to cover their cost.

[13] The Construction Company is Funding the Project and the People using the Bridge will bear the cost via Toll Charges.

[14] The real People building the Bride are Nigerians that will use the Bridge, as they will REPAY the cost to Julius Berger.

[15] For those celebrating Politicians and sharing old or fake pictures of 2nd Niger Bridge, the #Facts are Not on your side

If this is what you heard and believe then good luck to you but you can find out on google how all this projects are been financed. Am not talking about previous paper arrangement. Buhari government pay 2billion?

1 Like

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Emir01: 9:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Takeproft:

If the purpose of your argument is to learn then you can read this:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/2nd-niger-bridge-delay-poor-funding-restive-community-or-environmental-factors/
Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by sleemomymy: 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
Madmohamed1:
what is the special about this bridge why buhari allways make noise about this
TOO MUCH PAIN. SORRY EEEEEENH! grin grin grin

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by JOemmy(m): 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2022
Cchuks27:
I love the name, Muhammadu Buhari Bridge, the thing go pain Nnamdi Kanu and other secessionists, lol. Buhari is just a petty man grin grin grin

The name can be easily changed at any time nothing to be pained about buhari is just a servant of the nigerian masses the money being used to construct the bridge is not coming from his personal pocket or from his region.

2 Likes

Re: The Progression Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Google Maps 2015-2021 by Emir01: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
Takeproft:

See the Major point in the report. I don't blame you just that you are not following up on how all this project is being financed. The project is financed by NSIA not PPP again. Abacha looting recovery is part of the fund. GEJ doesn't pay what you claimed. There alot of contract initiated by GEJ government and government before him but there's no plan on how they will finance them e.g Mambila power plant, Lagos Ibadan, second Niger bridge etc. Read about NSIA.

From PPP to NSIA

“So when this government came in, they stopped the plan of PPP. This one now is more or less like our conventional contract and being sponsored by the government through a better funding arrangement, through the NSIA. So there is a better funding arrangement now unlike before when it was conceived as a PPP project,” he explained.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick / Attahiru Jega- Man Of The Year Way Back In 1993. / Fayose Inspects Roads In Ado Ekiti, Looks Unworried (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.