Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony (34694 Views)

Guests Take To Their Heels As Wind Makes A Show At A Burial Ceremony / Burial Ceremony In Anambra Shut Down By Traditional Ruler (Photo, Video) / Different Types Of People You Will Likely Meet In Naija Burial Ceremony - Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by kabillionaire(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lol! It's OK by me.

During my wedding, I even wanted less than 20 guests if not for my wife.

What would crowd contribute, if not unnecessary and useless extra mouths to feed?

I don't chase crowd, neither do I go after clout.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Ungodly: 6:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
yanabasee:

You of all people shouldn't buy into this...

Mingling has a lot of disadvantages... Not mingling gives you a lot of peace.

About having enough people on your functions... I don't even care... If I was the said man, I wouldn't even feel a thing.

Infact, if you have money, people will honour you and come to celebrate with you. Money often drags us to mingle with people alot. if the man was rich, the canopy will be filled also.

I believe that if that man had displayed items to be given as souvenirs, people will transfer to his canopy...

Nigerians too like awoof.
all these ones na cap talk bro… anyone who doesn’t mingle all in the name of being an “introvert” doesn’t deserve to be mingled with. Money or no money, souvenirs or no souvenirs… Do to people as you want them to do to you. Shikena!
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by MufasaLion: 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2022
CgRay:
As I am not a partying type, I would have tell you I'm hosting a small party, so that you won't expect political campaign group

Lol

Smart.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Enny2013(f): 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
Carot:
jesus! How did you guys meet
Lol!... During NYSC
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by MufasaLion: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
Purekween:
This is so me. I am not alone, I tried to mingle but most of them used me to their advantage, overtime circumstances revealed their true colors. Now I have God, my mum and siblings with a few caring souls. It's more than enough.

Don't be disturbed by that. Mingling is good but it should be limited. I like being private but I still got some real ones that would pull up for me if I wanna organize something. Although, I don't even like parties, so there's no need for their gathering.

I can go months without contacting people. Even my social media accounts are as silent as a grave yard. I'm sure many people don't even know my whereabouts except people in my neighborhood here and I ain't got no friends among them. Crazy!

It's really nice to be private. You seem to have had bad experiences with people.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Purekween(f): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2022
Carot:
you must be an introvert. A boring one at that
You really don't know me, you are entitled to what you think though.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Purekween(f): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2022
Bad is an understatement
MufasaLion:

It's really nice to be private. You seem to have had bad experiences with people.
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Educonomist: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
When I finished reading the Op, I was like 'man! I need to start thinking about my life' sad. Then I scrolled down and saw that there are indeed people like me grin
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Educonomist: 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
When I finished reading the Op, I was like 'man! I need to start thinking about my life' sad. Then I scrolled down and saw that there are indeed people like me grin

Hahahaha grin grin grin!!!!!!!!! Nairaland has all the different type of characters in this life
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by UnknownQueen(f): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
Acidosis:
The whole idea of separating canopies is senseless and invalidates whatever sort of love you all claim to share. All I see is fake love, insecurities, show-off, Etc. By the way, why do you need the crowd for grandma's burial? Are you going to bury some of them along with Grandma?

Rather than play along , make things go your way. There are 1001 ways to bury the dead.

Can you share with me, some ways introverts of our kind can bury their own dead?
Re: My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony by Acidosis(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2022
UnknownQueen:

Can you share with me, some ways introverts of our kind can bury their own dead?

For a religious person, the fastest way is to involve the deceased's clergy or a funeral home. The focus should be on the funeral (i.e., from the morgue to the burial site) in the presence of family and relatives. You can completely avoid the wake keep, reception, and other secondary events.

Having a small burial arrangement doesn't mean you can't spend good money. Of course, you can get the best casket out there, good clothing for the immediate family, pay for a good spot in a top cemetery, and you're good to go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From The Bridal Shower Of Identical Twin Sisters / 15 Common Bridesmaid Problems / Nairalander And Blogger Olaniyan Tosin's Wedding In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.