Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! (73341 Views)

Help! My Sister In-law Is Seducing Me / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Albertone(m): 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2022
Born2Breed:

What are you waiting for? Advice him. Omniknowest!

E never reach like that na comradess. grin

I actually wanted to learn incase I find myself in such situation.But no one gave an answer except calling him names.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by goshikid: 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2022
darediamond:

See E go better endlessly for u!!

Amen, God bless you
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Valobit(f): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
for once i agree with this moniker

goshikid:
undecided

You self try invite your mama make she come stay make the equation balance
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Olumighty123(m): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
bro4u:

Person wey no get work Dem give him mom inlaw 20k monthly undecided

I know y'all understands what I mean by "work" y'all just choose to ignore grin hypocrisy dey una blood, OP fit be Gee abi how una dey call am. That one na work? undecided
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by goshikid: 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2022
Valobit:
for once i agree with this moniker

angry So you no the agree with me bfor?
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Care4: 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
UGLYSALT:
Okay Our Daughter is 4 Months Now !!! ..... This Woman no wan Go !!!

Abi na 20k Pocket Money i dey Give her every Month for my House !!!

Please you Guys should tell me what to do !!!

She Came for OMUGWO oooooo .... Before you wake up in the morning , This woman don already.... ON DSTV Dey watch African Magic Showcase , With a Bottle For Cool Drink !!!

Biko am Tired , what should i do !!!

Stop the monthly allowance. Suspend the TV subscription. Find an excuse for all that.
It is your house. You don't have to come out to hear her village talks.

If you do any of those for a while, her village mind suppose read things.

and about your wife still holding back after 4 months, its between you and her.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by 1miccza: 10:48pm On Feb 14, 2022
goshikid:
undecided

grin grin grin simple!!!!
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by TheiaTalks: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2022
goshikid:
undecided

Like....aye o le cheesy
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by TheiaTalks: 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
HitRun post=110208707[b:
]I respect people. I expect to be respected in return. If you do not respect me, I will put you in your place, gently but firmly, irrespective of who you are - father, mother, siblings, spouse, parent in-laws, other in-laws, friends, and other associates.

While my mother in-law can stay in my house and enjoy freedom to do as she pleases, she 'no fit do pass herself for my place'. I will tell you directly! Which one is tell your wife to tell her mother; I will tell her myself! Imagine my MIL comes and knock on my door to come to the sitting room to advice me...lol. What I will tell her that day, she will never forget it in her life.[/b]

I do not see the relevance of dropping the information on money you give to your MIL in your post. I can infer you do not have the aura of being in charge of your house, and instead of facing the main issue, you are deflecting by bringing money into the equation. Oga, money without a commanding maturity is USELESS!

Finally, If our accommodation arrangement is comfortable enough, if my MIL wants to stay for 1 year, I don't mind. What is the big deal there?

Chop knuckle!
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by ArinzeUgo: 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
Go and rent a bigger apartment and concentrate on other things than looking at ur wife every now and then....if u stay in a room, ul end up given birth to 15 kids even without spacing
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Samuelkirk(m): 11:37pm On Feb 14, 2022
Best advice: Read "the manipulated man" by Esther Vilar and thank me later
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Jaculze(m): 11:42pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sewasaunt:
Op, talk to your wife. Sit her down and really talk to her, no one should make you uncomfortable in your own house, you even offered to help. If it was your mum, she probably wouldn't be that comfortable and would also want her gone as fast as possible.

It is really weird and funny to me though that not many people are bashing the Op, contrary to if a woman had written this about her own in law. It is truly a man's world.

I'll bet you don't even stay in the house 24/7 with them and you are this pissed, now imagine a woman/new mum staying with her mum in law or even her own mum 24/7 and having to take whatever she sees like that as per how Nigerians reason.

No one will consider the new mum or talk about how different her views on child rearing may be from her own mum or mum in law, nothing about privacy and alone time, some mothers will bring potful of herbs for a newborn and the wife will just be there confused as to how to fight for herself or the new baby.

May I not be jobless and purposeless enough to spend my older years sitting in my son's house for months to tend a new born.

Help during the first weeks when you can and when that help is needed most and move on with your life abeg.

una own no dey pass sit her down lol
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Aaay: 11:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Really
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by thomasjoe(m): 2:42am On Feb 15, 2022
UGLYSALT:
Okay Our Daughter is 4 Months Now !!! ..... This Woman no wan Go !!!

Abi na 20k Pocket Money i dey Give her every Month for my House !!!

Please you Guys should tell me what to do !!!

She Came for OMUGWO oooooo .... Before you wake up in the morning , This woman don already.... ON DSTV Dey watch African Magic Showcase , With a Bottle For Cool Drink !!!

She No Wan Go Again !!!

I Don tell her Daughter and wetin my wife tell me is ..... "IF SHE GO NOW ..... HOW WILL I BE BATHING OUR BABY" ..... I Don tell her that I Can Bath Our Baby .... She is insisting that she must stay !!!

Here is WHERE The Problem dey ooooo , Read below.

Una know say .... them talk say if woman born , All her curves will come out .... I Think say na Joke oooo

As my wife Born Last 4 Months .... Chaiaa ... come see soft body and Curves ....

But do you know that her Mother Told her Not to Give me Kpekusss Untill Our Baby is 6 To 8 Months !!! .... SINCE THIS WOMAN Born . I NEVER NACK HER oooooooo , and she dey flaunt all those Curves for my Face !!!

Her Mother Can Give Advice for Africa , This woman will come to my room , KNOCK and ask me to come to the LIVING ROOM !!!
She will start Giving all those village advice !!!
weah dey vex me ..... Make i no dey keep friends , Make i dey drink 1 beer in a week , That i chop too much suya , That i should be going to Morning Mass (Church everyday) .
Biko am Tired , what should i do !!!

Things to do

1. Invite your mother to balace the equation
2. Get a better paying job (you obviously seem to be more at home than in the office or streets hustling)
3. Combine 1 & 2
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Nobody: 3:15am On Feb 15, 2022
Mercychen:
This set of generation is the most disrespectful.

Mothers would come for Omugwo and stay at least six months in those days and the husband will be all respectful and thankful. Now, nobody wants our mothers to do their Omugwo as they wish in peace because of one nonsense or the other.

See how you mentioned her watching African magic as if she's a slave who has no right to do so.

Learn to show respect to elders so you too can get there.

Marry first and live with your mother in inlaw for 6 months. Its very easy to give opinions when you are not wearing the shoe.
At some point, i almost punched my MIL in the face.

My mom will not half of the shit my MIL triedin my house.

She will never stay in my house ever again.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 15, 2022
saphiere:
You are ungrateful.

Can you live with your husband mom for six months in your house?
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by zomoears(m): 4:13am On Feb 15, 2022
Mercychen:

Mothers would come for Omugwo and stay at least six months in those days and the husband will be all respectful and thankful. Now, nobody wants our mothers to do their Omugwo as they wish in peace because of one nonsense or the other.

See how you mentioned her watching African magic as if she's a slave who has no right to do so.

Only ladies will speak this way, and only because it’s their mother! 6 months? Ok, my mother must come too, and stay six months, in the same room as your mother. Then they will do duty roster for cooking and bathing and cleaning. And every time your mother wakes me up to advise me, Oya, my mother will wake up too and advise you. No sleep for anybody.

Nonsense!

I kind of agree with you on the disrespect part. But respect begets respect. I define my space. Solution? Instal a TV for her in her room so she does her thing.

Finally, the concept of omugwo is a traditional “mentoring program” for new mothers, to help them cope with circumstances they are exposed to for the first time. There should be no calendar attached to it. I hear you say 6 months like it’s a written law.
Once the new mother can cope, leave. Don’t be a nuisance. And don’t make the new mother dependent on you so she won’t want you to leave. That is manipulation. Rather teach her what to do and trust her to get it right. Then leave her to live her life.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by nokspos: 5:24am On Feb 15, 2022
this is why indians lives with their family , their own omoqwo is forever and they like it like that.

My brother, God will bless you with big money , build a big house where your inlaw apertment can stand out from your own family's apartment , and they can stay for as long as they want to stay , you can even do one month without seeing them in the same house.

I think she loves her child and the new baby , and she loves you too. . tell her you want to send a message to the village, you don't know if you should start buying the things now or when is she going, is she still going to stay for a while, ? just use style ask her questions.
[quote author=UGLYSALT post=110202812]/quote]
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 15, 2022
Skyview01:

Marry first and live with your mother in inlaw for 6 months. Its very easy to give opinions when you are not wearing the shoe.
At some point, i almost punched my MIL in the face.

My mom will not half of the shit my MIL triedin my house.

She will never stay in my house ever again.

I'm not talking about the ones who come to deliberately cause trouble. The ones who are really there to help out.

zomoears:

Only ladies will speak this way, and only because it’s their mother! 6 months? Ok, my mother must come too, and stay six months, in the same room as your mother. Then they will do duty roster for cooking and bathing and cleaning. And every time your mother wakes me up to advise me, Oya, my mother will wake up too and advise you. No sleep for anybody.

Nonsense!

I kind of agree with you on the disrespect part. But respect begets respect. I define my space. Solution? Instal a TV for her in her room so she does her thing.

Finally, the concept of omugwo is a traditional “mentoring program” for new mothers, to help them cope with circumstances they are exposed to for the first time. There should be no calendar attached to it. I hear you say 6 months like it’s a written law.
Once the new mother can cope, leave. Don’t be a nuisance. And don’t make the new mother dependent on you so she won’t want you to leave. That is manipulation. Rather teach her what to do and trust her to get it right. Then leave her to live her life.

I didn't say 6 months is a written law. I was only citing the longest women used to stay back in the days and no one complained or made it a big issue.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by FuckSilly: 7:01am On Feb 15, 2022
Mercychen:

Very senseless, FOOLISH and irrational post. I wonder who raised you people....

Don't she have work that she has to stay for six months for some nonsense omugwo?

A useless old fool woman will leave her husband for many months to fend for himself all because she wants to do omugwo for her children... How selfish and stupid is that?
Any omugwo that lasts for more than 2 months is GREED! And in that two months, she must go back and forth to also take care of her husband or other children.
ANY WOMAN THAT TRIES ANY NONSENSE LONG OMUGWO WITH ME IS A GONER!
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 15, 2022
FuckSilly:

Very senseless, FOOLISH and irrational post. I wonder who raised you people....

Don't she have work that she has to stay for six months for some nonsense omugwo?

A useless old fool woman will leave her husband for many months to fend for himself all because she wants to do omugwo for her children... How selfish and stupid is that?
Any omugwo that lasts for more than 2 months is GREED! And in that two months, she must go back and forth to also take care of her husband or other children.
ANY WOMAN THAT TRIES ANY NONSENSE LONG OMUGWO WITH ME IS A GONER!

See how you are talking carelessly about the elderly and you want people to respect you in your old age?

Please, be gone. It's too early abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 15, 2022
Mercychen:

I'm not talking about the ones who come to deliberately cause trouble. The ones who are really there to help out.

I didn't say 6 months is a written law. I was only citing the longest women used to stay back in the days and no one complained or made it a big issue.

Trust me, most of them are controlling and they want to dictate and manipulate you right in your own home.

I lived with my MIL for more than 6 years and i made up my mind she will never sleep in my home anymore.

If you want to maintain relationship with close family members, never let them live in your home otherwise you will grow to despise each other.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Vonwolf(m): 7:22am On Feb 15, 2022
goshikid:
undecided

Straight and mature
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Shimran(m): 8:03am On Feb 15, 2022
goshikid:
undecided

grin grin grin
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by dotedote: 8:06am On Feb 15, 2022
Like you would want your own mother in-law in your house for a week.

Mercychen:

Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 15, 2022
Skyview01:

Trust me, most of them are controlling and they want to dictate and manipulate you right in your own home.

I lived with my MIL for more than 6 years and i made up my mind she will never sleep in my home anymore.

If you want to maintain relationship with close family members, never let them live in your home otherwise you will grow to despise each other.

Hmm.. easy o. Remember that one day you too will become old and need people to be around you. So that what you're saying today will not stand against you when that time comes.

It's normal for human beings cohabitating to have misunderstanding and even fight because we are not all framed the same way. However we should learn to be accommodating because one day, we will need that fellow in our lives even if its for a seconds deal that if they are not there, we'll miss them so much. So, let's not repel others or keep them at arms length especially those we call our own.

We all are not perfect.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Sewasaunt(f): 10:50am On Feb 15, 2022
Jaculze:
una own no dey pass sit her down lol

He should stand her up and beat sense into her first? undecided

Please do enlighten me.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Sewasaunt(f): 10:53am On Feb 15, 2022
monex:

or your daughter's house

I have a son, hence the reply.
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Sewasaunt(f): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2022
Mercychen:

We all are not perfect.

Truly, no man is an island and no one is perfect but sometimes you need to create boundaries- good boundaries for yourself, your health, your marriage, your mental health and future.

I am talking from experience and it's been years but I am still trying to shake out resentment I built in just a few weeks.

I still struggle to call my mother in law and I certainly don't look forward to having her come to help nurse another baby.

I still remember my Dad telling me to walk properly and be a strong woman (barely 12 hours after child birth and having several stitches in my perineum).

I know they love me and maybe that's how they expressed their love and concern for me at that time but it's not the kind of love I wanted nor needed.

I'd rather just wing through it with my hubby and a paid help next time to reduce house chores so I can focus on myself and family
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2022
Sewasaunt:

Truly, no man is an island and no one is perfect but sometimes you need to create boundaries- good boundaries for yourself, your health, your marriage, your mental health and future.

I am talking from experience and it's been years but I am still trying to shake out resentment I built in just a few weeks.

I still struggle to call my mother in law and I certainly don't look forward to having her come to help nurse another baby.

I still remember my Dad telling me to walk properly and be a strong woman (barely 12 hours after child birth and having several stitches in my perineum).

I know they love me and maybe that's how they expressed their love and concern for me at that time but it's not the kind of love I wanted nor needed.

I'd rather just wing through it with my hubby and a paid help next time to reduce house chores so I can focus on myself and family

Hmm... Ok!
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by Kinzo0917(m): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
HitRun:

Go back to school and learn to read. Fool
yout poor parents are fools. Ogede
Re: My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! by HitRun(m): 9:16am On Feb 16, 2022
Kinzo0917:
yout poor parents are fools. Ogede

You are not only uneducated and foolish, you know nothing. Jon snow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu: Woman Discovers Daughter 20 Yrs After She Was Stolen At Birth In Hospital / Pregnancy Photos Of A Woman And Her Oyinbo Husband / Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.