Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,213 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) (86037 Views)

Governor Fubara Buys Cold Drinks From A Shop On The Street Of Port Harcourt / Usman Yusuf: What Sheikh Gumi And I Saw In Forests Controlled By Bandits / US Cuts Nigerian Oil Imports By 11.67 Million Barrels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by MAGG0T(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
shocked

future redpillers, that's how it starts
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by NOwazobia: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
9ja

This is how they become open to social vices. SMH. Too bad

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by airsaylongcome: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:

Are there no ways skolombo gang can be rehab?

What is skolombo gang about?

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Evidenx(m): 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
Rugaria:
The governors of Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Edo are all responsible for this. That of Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers have never lifted their hands to do something about the gross abuse of children in these places. This has been going on for centuries and they have all kept quiet. Even when the white lady saved that kid and brought all sorts of international attention to this nonsense, they never took any action because deep down, they believe that a child can be born a witch/wizard.

This is reprehensible and should be condemned. Unfortunately we have a tone deaf presidency. Otherwise, actions would have been taken to force the governors to act. It's the same problem with Edo state . Those ones earn more forex from international prostitution than some African countries do from legitimate exports. . For years now and all the governments both at the center and the state levels can do is to periodically churn out worn out platitudes.. Big shame..
TRASH!!!

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Kobojunkiee: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
Minime10:
These are skolombo gang na
They are children though. undecided
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by ImoleNaija: 6:05pm On Feb 14, 2022
This is so heartbreaking
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Kobojunkiee: 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
Skolombo gang. They are criminals. I almost ran into their trap far back 2012.
They are children regardless. They may have been forced into gang life with nowhere else to turn for help. undecided
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by xeju: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
Rugaria:
The governors of Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Edo are all responsible for this. That of Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers have never lifted their hands to do something about the gross abuse of children in these places. This has been going on for centuries and they have all kept quiet. Even when the white lady saved that kid and brought all sorts of international attention to this nonsense, they never took any action because deep down, they believe that a child can be born a witch/wizard.

This is reprehensible and should be condemned. Unfortunately we have a tone deaf presidency. Otherwise, actions would have been taken to force the governors to act. It's the same problem with Edo state . Those ones earn more forex from international prostitution than some African countries do from legitimate exports. . For years now and all the governments both at the center and the state levels can do is to periodically churn out worn out platitudes.. Big shame..
Yet the governor of akwa ibom is claiming to build "churches" for God

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Benblaq(m): 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2022
These children are called skolombos.. they pickpocket, beg, cause nuisance by jumping on taxis and will never agree to go back to their families. They are mostly in groups, and in a few years they'll graduate from pocket picking to real robbery.. If you doubt me come to to Old Ikang, First Bank by Marian road or any eatery at all.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by VEXT: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2022
This small thing u saw you are busy making noise...Come to North grin grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by geraldo077: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.

Very common sight in Uyo and Cali, the govt should help this kids

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Eteka1(m): 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
Skolombo boys. They are mostly hardened criminals. Be careful with them.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by lexy2014: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
Who tip that sand and granite for there use take cover road?

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by mozona(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hmm
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nicepoker(m): 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
They are children regardless. They may have been forced into gang life with nowhere else to turn for help. undecided
I helped one I knew how it ended. You can continue from where I stopped.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by fkj950ax(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Until the economy picks up, these things will only get worse.
More kids on the street
More kids out of school
More kids that the parents can't cater for properly

There is a limit to what NGOs or Churches or Philanthropy organizations can do.

A better economy puts money in people's pocket
People with money in their pocket can provide better for kids.

Anything else will lead to more failures like this in the long run

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by adecz: 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thank God no that isn't a
skull ☠️☠️☠️ mining location....
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Kobojunkiee: 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
I helped one I knew how it ended. You can continue from where I stopped.
That it ended badly does not mean we should stop trying. These kids will grow up to perpetrate worse crimes if the cycle is not truncated at some point. undecided
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by OMYKROIN: 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thegracefulness:
Hello, Mr. Tony Elumelu.

My name is Professor M.E.I. I know you are very knowledgeable and passionate about helping less privileged children, especially these unfortunate ones that have found themselves out on this street, exposed to hunger, crime and worst still, their untimely death in the hands of desperate wealth-seekers.

Over the years, I have seen firsthand some of the great things you are doing for society’s men and women in your Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship foundation.

In my view, I think you should benevolently extend some of that good into helping children. True that you—or anybody else reading this, do not owe these children any allegiance or aid. It is unfortunate that one would never know why their parents have forsaken them in this manner.
The individuals they consider their world has let them down. Please, do not let them down.

This is my email address iamvarang007@gmail.com. I'd love to know how I can possibly utilize whatever resources you’ve decided to, in the course of good Justice and natural conscience, help these children. I’m willing to put them through school, and personally ensure that in a decades’ time, we turn around the lives of these children.

I'd totally understand if you cannot respond to this because of your busy schedule, but I will be glad if you do.

The hustle is real.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Benoxvals(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.

Count me in.
I will assist as well.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Sheriman(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
When some people will be birthing like mouse without considering their financial capability to take proper care of them

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Gee64: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
Terrorism, stage one loading...
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by koyyess: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
They will say God told them to be fruitful and multiply. Then they turn around and accuse the child of witchcraft.

How I wish the reproductive organ can stop functioning once a male/female starts reasoning with their groin region.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by caprini1: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
Skolombo gang. They are criminals. I almost ran into their trap far back 2012.
Hmmm...if you see what little boys smaller than this tried to do to me at Asaba.. around 9pm in traffic,you won't have pity on them .I bought a bottle of soft drink and these boys numbering about 7 just came out of the bush ,when i brought out my wallet to pay the one selling the drink,and just surrounded me ,before they could do anything though,a police hilux van taking one way was coming towards us and they ran away...omo...i dropped the drink and ran to my side of the road,where many cars and passengers were present.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by AmazingELixir: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
grin

Op atleast be consoled that the street is clean...as for the homeless kids Nigeria cannot be complete with them loitering around....its a common sight.

The ones under ijora Olopa even smoke weeds and carry olosho after a hard day hustling to calm their nerves.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by chelsea1116(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2022
They could be legends not desiring to return home. Dont play with these legends o..if they wan stubborn..their stubborness dey shock.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by shortIGBOman: 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
This is a sad development. I saw a lot of kids on the streets of kano during my service year but this seems to be happening right now in Enugu. There's an influx of beggars on the streets now especially children.

Hunger is too much in the East. The cost of living is beyound the ordinary Igbo man. Most Men in that region can no longer take care of their family. 3 squire meal is a mystery in that region.

May God help our people in the East

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by samuelson06(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:

Can we meet and talk about this? I want to join my faith with yours let's see what we can do.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by smile11s(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:

No be small thing.

May God help us all

https://gist.am/question/i-think-no-matter-what-the-offences-are-kids-shouldnt-be-left-completely-in-the-street-what-i-saw-in-the-street-of-calabar-by-1138pm-photo
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by alphaNomega: 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
Some of them might have escaped from IDP camps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pharaoh Okadigbo Dies In An Accident (Pictures) / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor / Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.