Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) (86013 Views)

Governor Fubara Buys Cold Drinks From A Shop On The Street Of Port Harcourt / Usman Yusuf: What Sheikh Gumi And I Saw In Forests Controlled By Bandits / US Cuts Nigerian Oil Imports By 11.67 Million Barrels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Dannycypher(m): 3:16am On Feb 15, 2022
Bros it's normal thing in Calabar especially in Marian n Bogobri u can recall the previous Governments His Excellency Donald Duke and his Excellency Senator Liyel Imoke had functionable Social Welfare department and homes in state housing for street Kid's and hawkers in their administration,especially during school times and days, in which the cater for them with Government money,Security,but to no avail.
We had Child's Right Council even stepping Stones as NGO'S that came into the case too during that Year but we heard lot's of them escaped from their comfort's Zones
It's not bad if the can stop them not for months but forever .
I'll appreciate .
Especially the street children at Calabar road where you have fleet of banks and Securities.
It will be nice and appreciated.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Pharaohny: 3:34am On Feb 15, 2022
bluemansion:

Are there no ways skolombo gang can be rehab?

Are they the No 1 Citizens of Nigeria angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

If you know you know
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Codeye(m): 3:39am On Feb 15, 2022
Nicepoker:
This particular one was from a broken home. He started stealing from a very tender age. My neighbors were all blaming me after I told them what he did. Most of them deserve no help.
Boss I appreciate your kind gesture extended to one of those children but to say that he or any of them "deserved no help" is totally dishearten and untrue. They were failed by their parent and the society. It takes nobility to stay true on good cause. I'm not financially capable to help but I'm willing to volunteer in any capacity to help this less privileges ones most especially children.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Maghan37: 4:13am On Feb 15, 2022
This is the difference between the north and south. In most parts of the north, you find this. While in the south it is uncommon.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by ensamy(m): 5:05am On Feb 15, 2022
They actually need help but never approach them alone or at night, because they are very dangerous and can kill. Skolombo boys.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by InoGetJoy: 5:18am On Feb 15, 2022
Sheriman:
When some people will be birthing like mouse without considering their financial capability to take proper care of them
These kids chose to run away from home and refuse to go back
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by SonOfEl(m): 5:22am On Feb 15, 2022
christistruth01:

Are there any real Churches in the Area with real men of God

Some Churches do take care of such Children in the SW,

But make sure it is not the Occult Ritual type ones

Those churches are hard to find, even in the southwest

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Elidrisy20: 6:19am On Feb 15, 2022
They are spies of ipob/esn
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Mrscarter(f): 6:20am On Feb 15, 2022
bluemansion:
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.

I feel for them. I pray god brings many blessings their way
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by onunwa21(m): 6:40am On Feb 15, 2022
U too waka
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by mediainc: 7:14am On Feb 15, 2022
When I see kids littering and living on the streets, it shows me the wickedness of the state and federal government of Nigeria. What will it take to house and train them, from state funds?
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by LastProphet: 7:19am On Feb 15, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:
This is a sad development. I saw a lot of kids on the streets of kano during my service year but this seems to be happening right now in Enugu. There's an influx of beggars on the streets now especially children.

They are all still from Kano or Muslim north and they are the ones that will burn Nigeria to the ground which they have started. Who are those stealing railway lines? Who are those stealing steel manholes on highways? Who are the bandits you're hearing about? The North produce these children without control because they are told in the mosque that their strength is in superior numbers so they don't care. The OP is just a young inexperienced person but a good lad anyway. The only thing the south should fight for is separation from the soon-to-be-destroyed North
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 15, 2022
Captain92:

This is so emotional, God will fulfill your heart desires.
Left to me, if there's a way they can start arresting all these irresponsible parents that are still alive and healthy, so that they can face the full consequences of their evil deeds, things will get a bit better.

Nigerians need a tyrant to impart sense into them, most people are animals. But it's tricky if anything is to be achieved.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Oceanjagaban: 8:14am On Feb 15, 2022
Skolombo
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by yomi531(m): 8:27am On Feb 15, 2022
bluemansion:
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.
They are called Skolombo over here in calabar grin
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 15, 2022
Vulcanheph:
Dear op

The one thing you fail to realize is that not all of these kids you see on the streets of Calabar are actually homeless or orphans.

Most of them actually ran away from homes, most of them still have parents looking for them.

The boys always end up becoming petty thieves and the girls always end up becoming hookers.

Another annoying fact is that most of these skolombo kids love the streets and don't want to leave because believe it or not there are actually making money on these streets from stealing and begging.

They're gradually becoming a nuisance to calabar and i just hope something is done about it fast...

In as much as you might be right with your assertion on the bad children. I think their parents too are likely to be Culprits. I have seen and experience so many things In life. My conclusion Is "There Is something really wrong somewhere with the Black Creation" This Is not about racism or hatred. Another problem with black creation Is We are not "Problem Solvers" We create far more problems than we solve and We are worst at managing, balancing things and situations et all. Sometimes I will purposely visit random places and silently study the behavior and activities of Black Creation for a while and I will see so many Loopholes In their mode of operations and activities. These Vices et all will continue to happen In black race society and It's not ending anytime soon. I can't for sure really say If all these shortcoming are being orchestrated by some underworld people, higher forces or whatsoever. But I'm absolutely sure It will only get worse because we have too many Unstable, Illogical, Unreasonable Black Humans filled up In our society. Trust Me, I know what I'm saying. I can go On and On but I'll Just stop here.....
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by endallinfection: 10:17am On Feb 15, 2022
christistruth01:

Are there any real Churches in the Area with real men of God

Some Churches do take care of such Children in the SW,

But make sure it is not the Occult Ritual type ones
. Na who go make sure of that now..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pharaoh Okadigbo Dies In An Accident (Pictures) / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor / Pictures Of Buhari Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.