Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,045 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) (86035 Views)

Governor Fubara Buys Cold Drinks From A Shop On The Street Of Port Harcourt / Usman Yusuf: What Sheikh Gumi And I Saw In Forests Controlled By Bandits / US Cuts Nigerian Oil Imports By 11.67 Million Barrels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by mmsen: 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
If you want to stop this then make contraceptives free and inform women on how they can control their bodies.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Mondayisaac: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
this life
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by geokay777(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.
Those are Skolombo boys, just leave them and let d sleeping dog lie abeg, I've witnessed a lot of rehabilitation programs organized by churches / NGOs for those guys, female inclusive, but they always find thier way coming back to their post afterwards. Cultural center main gate and etim edem park are there Hotspot.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by MoneyGoDrop: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Hunger is too much in the East. The cost of living is beyound the ordinary Igbo man. Most Men in that region can no longer take care of their family. 3 squire meal is a mystery in that region.

May God help our people in the East

Lol i guess your moniker is ironic because if you've been to the east you will learn that no matter the economy of the country an average igbo will always be capable of taking care of his family.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:
I think no matter what are the offences of these kids, they shouldn't be left completely in the street. Or is there nothing at all we as a society can do to cater for these kids? Whether we like it or not, these kids are only growing up to become hardened criminals - future armed robbers, terrorists, kidnappers, ritualists, rapists, political assassins and more.

We are already battling with insecurity around the country. Meanwhile, we are also grooming others that will become future threat to the security of the country.

I really felt bad seeing kids in the position I did last night. What can we do to help them please? Any any government agencies, NGO or individuals that can pick up their case and give them life worth living? I don't think anyone deserves to sleep so openly outside like this, not to talk of kids.

For the sake of humanity, I, therefore, volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.
I am happy more of this subject is coming out gradually. Sir, we will have more and more of this particular scenario. Also, we will produce more hardened criminals. No government can provide for 50% of the kids with our present population growth. No way. Let God send angel Michael, Gabriel, or Uriel as our president, we will still have a serious challenge. It is practically impossible. Yet, many Nigerians will curse one out when they are told to start limiting how they give birth. Na raw sex dem want.

If we want a solution to this problem, one child per family every 10 years till we correct it. You get more than one in a space of 10/years, the child will not be a citizen of Nigeria. Let's give them the Chinese treatment. The child is sick and you pay heavily as you pay in private hospitals and you make sure the father and mom pay. It is not a matter of neglecting the child, but you force the parents to pay heavily like paying in private hospitals. Of course, many will not be able to afford it, so you send them to jail to cool off. When they come out, they will give birth responsibly. Yeah...the qualified child gets all the benefits. And if they move just 0.1% of the benefits of the qualified child to the unqualified ones, they lose the right to take care of the children and they go to jail. You pick the child and give it to people who want to adopt. Simple.

All this charity work you want to propose will not work. Let us face the root problem and solve it. Let us make Nigeria great again.

4 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Danniedpastor(m): 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2022
heniford2:
ahha! Church the hardly help this days unless is for a reason never will a church help u out

That's not true, sir
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by patrickmuf(m): 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2022
Looks like Marian. Those are the regular street kids called Skolombo...
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by socialmediaman: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2022
Nicepoker:
This particular one was from a broken home. He started stealing from a very tender age. My neighbors were all blaming me after I told them what he did. Most of them deserve no help.

Some of them can actually be helped but not personally by individuals, but by the government, in correctional facilities, if they have committed crimes. 50 cent for example finished Secondary School at a correctional facility.Government programs for kids like this can help to correct bad behavior and give them a better chance at life.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by shortIGBOman: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:

Lol i guess your moniker is ironic because if you've been to the east you will learn that no matter the economy of the country an average igbo will always be capable of taking care of his family.

Don't start with all this Chest beating. It's too dry. You think others don't have access to the East? I'm presently in Aba and I know the East like the back of my hand.

You guys come online and make it look like Ndigbo in the East are ok and comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by spencekat(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
Skolombo boys
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Bamzyriches451: 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Damn!!
Ogbeni op e be like you be jjc for that area, those ones na skolombo be that. Thank your God say them no catch you when you the snap them grin

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by MoneyGoDrop: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Don't start with all this Chest beating. It's lame. You think others don't have access to the East? I'm presently in Aba and I know the East like the back of my hand.

So from that local village in abia you got the data of the whole east?
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2022
I felt bad, anytime I came across little children sleeping, begging,and dress dirty because no parental care..I vowed to myself that,I won't gave birth to unhome kids..I ask myself many questions in which am working harder on them..I blame mostly woman who doesn't think about child upbringing before getting pregnant,same to man,that all theyknow is to sleep with woman without protection.. It's painful.. Society can only change their mindset on child bearing to end this phenomenon..Very painful..
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Minime10(f): 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:

Are there no ways skolombo gang can be rehab?

Sure she bi Imoke's wife was championing that cause during her reign as the First Lady of the State, one now wonder what Ayade's wife is doing

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by nedekid: 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2022
Oga, sad as it may seem and knowing your good heart and proper intention. I will suggest you turn your face the other way when you see such. This is Nigeria.
This is a place all eyes are red.
You try to render assistance, story fit change. This is a country few days back an elderly woman begger was found with 500k and $100, she was almost mobbed being suspected of being a child kidnapper, robber informant etc. Meanwhile it could be her proceeds from begging over time she keeps as she might not have a bank account.
There is this 90 year old landlord with dementia on my street, he will stop cars to give him a ride down the road to smoke. Even ask for money. Me I do as if I don't see him when he tries to stop me. Why I no want wahala. Today I and a neighbor saw a young man stop his car to give him a ride, we just de shake head. If that man peme for the back seat of the boy car nko? How will he explain himself in this day and time of yahoo rituals etc.
Nigerians don't agree to reasons, there is always a conspiracy.
Op you help those boys good, but help your family members or close friends first. God will help those boys.
NB: Further reading some post here, it seems they are criminals sef.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by shortIGBOman: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:

I was in Enugu last week on a business trip. I planned to stay for a week, but lack of Water made me stay for 3 days only. I go to Onitsha, Awka and Owerri ones every two weeks.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
What were you doing at 11:38pm in the streets of caly?
Looking for some calabar chick?

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by tchidi066(f): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
I won't say much on this topic, but I have had a gory experience with this set of boys, I was coming back from night class since it was my first year and semester in school, coming back by 5 pm they ambushed me and almost design my body with machete, that marks the end of night classes for me till I graduated, they look innocent at daytime but don't pray to encounter them at night, they almost killed a friend of mine...
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by purefacti(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
Skolombo and lacasera girls
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2022
MoneyGoDrop:

That guy you are giving your time is not worth it. He has had several accounts; all of them is to showcase his childishness towards the Igbo people. He is yet to say any reasonable thing in his life time here. BTW, he doesn't stay or know anything about Igbo.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by holyudo(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2022
christistruth01:

Are there any real Churches in the Area with real men of God
Some Churches do take care of such Children in the SW,
But make sure it is not the Occult Ritual type ones
what about mosque
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by CXLVII: 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
And some people still detest abortion.

This is a bigger sin than abortion

Procreating what you cannot cater for.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Trendylove(f): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
Some parents sef giving birth like dogs without training them.
The worst is that you will hear them say God that give them the children will train them only for the kids to end up on the streets hawking.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Goldbw122(m): 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Na wa for this country.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Georgiedey(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
they are called Colombo boys.... huge problem in calabar
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by cejaypriesty(m): 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Hunger is too much in the East. The cost of living is beyound the ordinary Igbo man. Most Men in that region can no longer take care of their family. 3 squire meal is a mystery in that region.

May God help our people in the East
I'm sure you havent travelled outside your village before sitting you in your father's house somewhere in Ekiti typing poo.When did calabar turn to East? May God help you.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by kingsclass: 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
You've not seen any thing yet, there are plenty of them in Calabar and Uyo.Especially around the Calabar stadium area.Most of them were abandoned by their parents because they suspect them as witches.You will even see children as young as 6 years old roaming the streets, looking for some one that will offer them money for food.Many of them have taken to criminalty tendencies in other to survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by Awoleesu(m): 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2022
DropsMic:

We are blacks..

Hey! This has got nothing to do with race pls...
There are homeless kids almost everywhere in the world. I said "almost" because I haven't gone round yet. But from The US to Chile, India to Czech, Nigeria to Syria... You'll see them!

Although it is a very sad phenomenon, yet it's like the poor; we'll always have them!
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by armyofone(m): 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2022
bluemansion:

For the sake of humanity, I therefore volunteer myself for any assignment that could bring succor to these kids.

Grassroots educational information on how to prevent pregnancy - male and female birth control methods etc
Nigerians are just having kids anyhow.

Don't have kids if you don't have stable income.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by PROPEACE: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2022
thatsleepboy1:

Hello everyone, pls i need a little help, i need someone who will teach me how to drive manual vehicle very well. I need help.

I stay at Yaba.

Thank you.
Go and learn auto. It is the future.
Re: What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) by cornel994(m): 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
Minime10:

These are skolombo gang na

Baba one chop money say na shelter e one open for skolombo does boys and girls go do u dirty return back to street forget size

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria / Pharaoh Okadigbo Dies In An Accident (Pictures) / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.