Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside (73855 Views)

My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside / How We Killed A Big Python With TEREX (Pictures) / Long Cobra Killed At Our Backyard This Morning After Eating 6 Chicken Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by airsaylongcome: 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bahamas95:
Jesus!

Fvcking disgusting.

Do snakes give birth like mammals, I thought they lay eggs? undecided

Some snakes are ovoviparous. They hatch their eggs within their bodies

2 Likes

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Imbecilicsamuel: 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2022
Disgusting.

Did God really create this thing?

3 Likes

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by OmoOshodi(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
All those Nairaland moderators behaving like a demi-god.....
Pushed his/her friend thread to the front page neglecting the earlier one......

Rubbish and ingredients

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by EgusiShankly: 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Cobras lay eggs..
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Johel(m): 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2022

2 Likes

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by tofolo(m): 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bahamas95:
Jesus!

Fvcking disgusting.

some lay eggs while some give birth.
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by pocohantas(f): 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
Soffyh:
after laying eggs for some days inside hidden Bush when its getting close to hatch time, the snake will now swallow all the eggs back so those babies will hatch out into ther mother stomach as soon as they mature they will be eating every organ inside their mother and finally work out and leave their mother dead

No snake does this.

This must be some folklore in your village.

Ovoviviparity is a thing, but definitely not the way you have described it. The egg is formed and hatched inside. Ain’t no snake laying eggs to swallow them again. No no!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by cococandy(f): 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2022
The way I gasped shocked
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by kmaster007: 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
Them dey eat cobra
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by friendl: 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Is not every snake someone should eat ,...

1 Like

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by cococandy(f): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
wink Babe wey sabi book
pocohantas:

No snake does this.

This must be some folklore in your village.

Ovoviviparity is a thing, but definitely not the way you have described it. The egg is formed and hatched inside. Ain’t no snake laying eggs to swallow them again. No no!

2 Likes

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by RedEnergy: 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to live where there are 52 cobras lurking around. You guys should do Thanksgiving grin. The father is still somewhere around. Find and kill it too before it comes on a revenge mission grin. I like cobras though.

2 Likes

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Abdulmumin412(m): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
mfm04622:

This is NOT true!!
Forget about internet ask old people especially those from village.We that have lived in the village can testify bro.

1 Like

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Jii95: 1:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bahamas95:
Jesus!

Fvcking disgusting.

All snakes lay eggs, the difference is some do not externally lay eggs, but instead produce young by eggs that are hatched internally (or inside) the body of the parent.
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 16, 2022
Genocide.
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by kareemkamil(m): 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nawa oooooo, I wonder this world is going, even snake not longer laying egg again
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Bahamas95(m): 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2022
Aguogba:

Search for the word " ovoviviparous"
I just confirmed it. cool

1 Like

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by webizone(m): 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bahamas95:
We learn everyday.
I didn't even know until now...... thanks.

But the way they give birth, it's better they laid eggs. The eggs hatch inside the mother then the little ones will come out of the belly by biting it open.
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
This is really getting too much, very disgusting.
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Zorn: 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bahamas95:
Jesus!

Fvcking disgusting.

puff adder do lay egg , I think python do too
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Decency2020(f): 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
overdrive:
Do cobras give birth?

Some snakes give birth while some lay eggs

God is wonderful
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by TempleHouse: 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2022
THEN WHY DID YORUBA PROVERB :

"OMO INU OKA NI SE IKU PA OKA"

Literally means :The hatched eggs inside the vipers would killed the mother serpent !!
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Stevyne: 2:01pm On Feb 16, 2022
See as Dem kill young ferminst grin
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by excanny: 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
Why can't you guys even skin a snake before eating it? sad

1 Like

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by PastorFire: 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bahamas95:
Jesus!

Fvcking disgusting.

Some lay eggs while others give live birth.
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Bahamas95(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
webizone:

But the way they give birth, it's better they laid eggs. The eggs hatch inside the mother then the little ones will come out of the belly by biting it open.
It's better like that sef, one less snake to worry about.

I am imagining what it would feel like having fifty more snakes in a neighborhood...... Tufiakwa!
I won't even go close to a dead snake, they scare the hell outa me. Infact I hate all reptiles.

1 Like

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by godofuck231: 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
Fall back and abandon position, lala is loading and on the way with heavy back up

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Bot1000(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
Very disgusting!

What happen to the goat in your back

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Grandmeister(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
Abdulmumin412:

No, they lay eggs but this particular one when their eggs is about to hatch they will swallow them back.The day the egg hatch is the day the snake die because all those babies will eat the mother to come out.
Are you sure about that? Snakes don’t chew so how will they eat their way through? They swallow.

1 Like

Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:08pm On Feb 16, 2022
cococandy:
The way I gasped shocked
For breath or what grin
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by Grandmeister(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
Bahamas95:
It's better like that sef, one less snake to worry about.

I am imagining what it would feel like having fifty more snakes in a neighborhood...... Tufiakwa!
I won't even go close to a dead snake, they scare the hell outa me. Infact I hate all reptiles.
You probably have an equal number of snakes in your neighborhood lol. Most of those baby snakes will be dead before they even reach maturity. Cats, birds and other animals will have them for food before they mature, if it weren’t so our entire neighborhood will be flooded by snakes.
Re: My Workers Killed A Cobra Yesterday And Found Almost 50 Baby Snakes Inside by YellowMayor(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
overdrive:
Do cobras give birth?

I'm surprised too. I thought they lay eggs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Entertained With An Hyena In The Village- See Pictures / The ₦100 Oranges I Bought In Birnin Kebbi (Photo) / The Secret Of Losing The Sour Taste In The Tomato Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.