Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! (2644 Views)

See The Way This Man Proposed To His Girlfriend That Has Gone Viral(photos) / See The Insane Way This Lady Humiliated Her Boyfriend For Doing This (pictures) / The Way This Couples Kisses Can Make You Jealous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2022
The future of Nigeria looks bleak, I get even stronger convictions of these realizations daily.

I can guarantee myself one thing for sure, there is no way I can marry in Nigeria and bring forth Nigerian kids. Never !!!

I will start thinking about marriage after I relocate out of the country permanently.

I feel sorry for married Nigerian couples with kids, who are still trying to cope with the ills that comes each day just by being a Nigerian who resides in Nigeria. The Lord is your strength.

I thank God am a single dude who is saving up to move abroad soonest. Honestly speaking !!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
Dual citizenship for your kids... is the surest gamble than having pure Nigerian kids

1 Like

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2022
Okay... Marry a foreigner... Certain future...
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
Datboredberry:
Okay... Marry a foreigner... Certain future...
I ve got my mind on one sexy American woman, though I understand she may have her excesses, but its worth it.
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by uthlaw: 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
That is the way forward!
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
Dual citizenship for your kids... is the surest gamble than having pure Nigerian kids
Make sure you marry a colombian, mexican, venezuelan or brazilian woman

1 Like

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by viyon02: 9:38pm On Feb 17, 2022
I do have that orientation few months ago, but things change when I consider the nagative aspect of it with practical examples from extended family. It is good to relocate, but it is better to marry from your people, because one day your children will need their background which is Nigeria, but if you marry a white woman your children will be lost to a foreign country, because their mother will erase Nigeria from their memory.

8 Likes

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
uthlaw:
That is the way forward!
I am convinced beyond every reasonable doubt.

The name Nigeria is synonymous to hell and misfortune. I feel sorry for the growing kids... the country is not ready for them at all... I hope their parents can do something for them quickly before this country will destroy their bright futures
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by drezzyx(m): 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
May God EPP us.
The wahala too much
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by uthlaw: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
I am convinced beyond every reasonable doubt.

The name Nigeria is synonymous to hell and misfortune. I feel sorry for the growing kids... the country is not ready for them at all... I hope their parents can do something for them quickly before this country will finish their futures
so many still believed once you get married, you are responsible and okay.....no matter what it takes,I leave this kauntry before starting a family!
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2022
Senomii:

Make sure you marry a colombian, mexican, venezuelan or brazilian woman
so I will raise kids who will become drug Lords in a banana Republic right?grin

1 Like

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2022
viyon02:
I do have that orientation few months ago, but things change when I consider the nagative aspect of it with practical examples from extended family. It is good to relocate, but it is better to marry from your people, because one day your children will need their background which is Nigeria, but if you marry a white woman your children will be lost to a foreign country, because their mother will erase Nigeria from their memory.
Nigeria will go extinct in less than half a century... the things u treasure so much will be history... if you don't make the right decisions for your kids, they will grow to hate you for not making their lives better through your decisions. They might even use u for rituals out of frustrationgrin

7 Likes

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2022
The worse thing you can do for a kid in 2022 is to make them pure breed Nigerians. That title will ruin their glory.

1 Like

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by viyon02: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
Nigeria will go extinct in less than half a century... the things u treasure so much will be history... if you don't make the right decisions for your kids, they will grow to hate you for not making their lives better through your decisions.
On point, but never forget your origin.

1 Like

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2022
viyon02:
On point, but never forget your origin.
stop the origin crap... there's is no such thing as origin, on what foundations were these so called origin designed. Don't let anyone deceive you. Create your own peculiar origin.

Only the living talks about their origin. The dead knows nothing about Origin.

This country is on a self-destruct auto pilot. A good number of Nigerians who took these steps as I have advised are presently living their best lives abroad.

The country is at the brink of a total collapse...

4 Likes

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2022
I don't intend to make some persons feel sad about their decisions already... but its never too late. I think too much about posterity... about the next generations
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
Won't u like to marry a kim kardashian lookalike
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2022
Senomii:

Won't u like to marry a kim kardashian lookalike
I don't mind
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by Onlinebar: 9:16am On Feb 18, 2022
That will be a very terrible mistake
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
Onlinebar:
That will be a very terrible mistake
Honestly bro... a terrible mistake indeed it will be
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
My boyfriend is from Colombia! angry
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
Datboredberri:
My boyfriend is from Colombia! angry
OK... so where are u right now?
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by pansophist(m): 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
Nigeria as a geographical expression is in a state of permanent stagnancy. Until the citizens disentangle the mess and create a true nation, it will only get worse.

2 Likes

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by pansophist(m): 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
I ve got my mind on one sexy American woman, though I understand she may have her excesses, but its worth it.

If you must marry a foreigner, American should not be your first choice lol. Seems like you don't know America at all. Try Canada instead (but its extremely cold and lonely), but Europe is just the best.

3 Likes

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
OK... so where are u right now?
Nigeria...
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 18, 2022
pansophist:

If you must marry a foreigner, American should not be your first choice lol. Seems like you don't know America at all. Try Canada instead (if you like loneliness and extreme cold), but Europe is just the best.
Exactly...

Canada... But why are the Nigerians there lonely?

It's an issue
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by pansophist(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Datboredberri:
Exactly...

Canada... But why are the Nigerians there lonely?

It's an issue

Its a combination of geography, being an immigrant, climate, and culture. I'll break each down.

Canada is a country that is x10 bigger than Nigeria but has only the population of Lagos and Kaduna spread all over its vast territories. Only the province of Ontario (Toronto) alone is far bigger than Nigeria, with about half the Lagos population. Imagine the distance it takes to visit your family or friends in the other part of your province, talk less of the other side of the country. And as an immigrant, you do not have the advantage of an integrated social group, so you're building from the bottom up, with other immigrants like you, creating an artificial friendship that you all understand to lack any meaningful depth, which just makes you stick to yourself. You might experience been cut off when you asked for help from friends, yes, ghosting within the immigrant communities is a thing. Everyone has their cross to carry.

It's also cold, as in, freezing cold. For example, the freezing point from liquid to ice is -1, then imagine when the weather drops to -20, and even lower, for about six months in a year. Also, cold climate and darkness go hand in hand, so from 4 pm where the sun is still burning hard in Lagos, it's already darker than night. Harmattan is not cold. If harmattan is cold, then winter is the Arctic. When you consider the weather, distance, cold, and darkness, with a pile of bills you must sacrifice lots of work hours to cover, your life may revolve around work. Welcome to the rat race, and yes, you are now officially a rat.

The cultural aspect can be funny. Imagine receiving an invitation for a birthday and you are told to bring your own food and drink. Coming late frowned upon, and due to the multi-ethnicity of Canada, the audience fragmented into groups. Blacks stick to themselves and within the blacks, Nigerians can stick to themselves due to simialr culture and can enjoy their company better than with others groups.

10 Likes

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by pansophist(m): 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Nigerians (actually those that haven't left their native countries) romanticize living in the west. They just think that moving abroad is like moving to aso rock, basically gaining the material conveniences of life (eg good roads, low corruption, good pay, etc) while still retaining the immaterial convenience they are oblivious of (eg living with people that looks and think like you, the food you understand, family and friends and seamless integration, etc), but moving abroad means you've given up something for another even if you don't know yet. Also moving abroad teaches immigrants something, that you can't have it all. Yes, the system works, but you may dislike the food, your workplace has friendly people but your neighbor is a racist. Yeah everything works but you'll be stressed to your soul, and you either suck it up or just go back. But well, you have kids and cant uproot them easily so you just agree to be the collateral for them to thrive.

This is why lots of returnees are in their 50's upward. They crave immaterial fulfillment (meaning). Your bills are huge, giving you unnecessary mental stress you're not used to while balancing the increasing financial demands from those back home. You'll also wonder why you're suffering unnecessarily here because the fulfillment of your soul is not found in material stuff. The convenience of western systems becomes a norm, and you want something more deeper and fulfilling. Also, you don't have the convenience of blaming anyone, every immigrant is in the same situation as you. Most immigrants just accept this new reality and carry it with dignity, but this is a major cause of loneliness and depression. Western lifestyle is very individualistic hence, lots of immigrants especially from Africa and Asia leave after getting citizenship. Finding a partner poses added layers of difficulties. Different cultures, different lifestyles, and so many norms to navigate. It's a lot.

Many Nigerians received an introductory course of themselves to themselves, as in, the realities of a western lifestyle that values self-independence will reveal you to yourself. If you are a woman that depends on a man for everything, to woo you, and sweep you of your feet, you may be the one to do that, to score a man. If you are a man that thinks having money only means you are a spec (eg yahoo boys), you will be humbled, as showing off which is celebrated in Nigeria is frowned upon, and actual skills that take hard work to achieve (eg career, eloquence, being fit, healthy credit line, clean criminal record, etc) are valued. If one is not adaptable to changes, to kill their old self and reborn into the ideal version of them, then it's the beginning of frustration, bitterness, and anger. And being black made it worse, stereotypical.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
pansophist:

If you must marry a foreigner, American should not be your first choice lol. Seems like you don't know America at all. Try Canada instead (if you like loneliness and extreme cold), but Europe is just the best.
do u have links of a good European woman?cheesy
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by MadeINchenzen2: 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
Datboredberri:
Nigeria...
your boyfriend is in Colombia and u are here in Nigeria... are u both confused or what? grin
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by posty56: 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
viyon02:
who background help what has it benefited anybody,enya I dey go breed mixed children
Re: With The Way This Country Is Going, There's No Way I Can Start A Family Here !!! by posty56: 4:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
stop the origin crap... there's is no such thing as origin, on what foundations were these so called origin designed. Don't let anyone deceive you. Create your own peculiar origin.

Only the living talks about their origin. The dead knows nothing about Origin.

This country is on a self-destruct auto pilot. A good number of Nigerians who took these steps as I have advised are presently living their best lives abroad.

The country is at the brink of a total collapse...
leave them ,one they talk about background,who background help? I don't care about culture or any bull crap,all I care is to live comfortably.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Somebody Help Me I Am Presently In A Big Mess / Made Up Or Natural? / Men Were Born Between The Legs Of A Woman:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.