Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,300 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 (16870 Views)

WASSCE: South-West States To Reopen Schools / FANIMOROUS: A Word Coined From Yoruba Language Added To The Dictionary / Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Godfullsam(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
Proudly Yoruba

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Spandau: 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:
OP remove Edo.

Edo shouldn’t be there. The report clearly said the 6 SW states, Kogi, and Kwara.

Attention seeking tactics. The OP can put whatever he likes. We have read the content and Edo, gladly, is not there. You are not welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by compton11(m): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:
OP remove Edo.

Edo shouldn’t be there. The report clearly said the 6 SW states, Kogi, and Kwara.
who put ogogoro drinking Edo there?

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by ayenale1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
Delta should have been included...
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by LegendHero(m): 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
seunny4lif:

Where did you see Edo state in there?

Spandau:

Attention seeking tactics. The OP can put whatever he likes. We have read the content and Edo, gladly, is not there. You are not welcome.

Edakun eyin buroda mi, ema fe jo pami. (No kill me with talks)

OP initially inserted Edo there but removed it later.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Burgerlomo: 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
But I thought Kwara and Kogi are northern States nau because ayam not understanding, I don't get it and I don't wanna forget it grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Spandau: 3:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
ResidentSnitch:
This cowardly attempt at land grabbing is already dead on arrival.
I expect the indigenous owners of Kwara and Kogi to speak out and condemn this daylight attempt to impose a strange culture and language on others.

Ajala tan na o?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
Billingslord:

yoruba are not like ibo who do attache by force,after all edo are not important to us

This Comment be like hdaxxytasgvainp
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by seunny4lif(m): 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:

Edakun ema fe jo pami. (No kill me with talks)

OP initially inserted Edo there but removed it later.
I did not see it there, reason I quote you

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Spandau: 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
ResidentSnitch:
I expect the indigenous owners of Kwara and Kogi to speak out and condemn this daylight attempt to impose a strange culture and language on others.

Envy has started. It never leaves their blood.

20 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Burgerlomo: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Spandau:

Ajala tan na o?

cool
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by oluwaahmed: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Osagyefo98:
The list is not complete. Edo state should be added to the list. There is embodiments of oduduwa fully structured in the state and her history.

Afterall the monarch in Benin is of Yoruba descent and the palace language Yoruba.

We can't use because of petty logic and weak points and neglect other ooduas.

Palace language yoruba? Be like u sniff gutter this morning. Beni that is the oldest monarchy/empire in Nigeria is from yoruba and will be speaking yoruba? You for say make igbo collect Delta, Rivers and Benue because half of them speak Igbo language and answer igbo names nau. Oponu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Spandau: 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
joyandfaith:

Edo and delta should be there

No way! We don't conscript people like our Igbo brethren are known for. The people of those 2 states have made it clear that they are Niger Deltans(in whatever that means). They are not even Yoruba now. So why should they be included?

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Godfullsam(m): 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2022
You were severely pained by this development right?
Deep down your shallow mind, you wish it is you muddy region that is planning this..
Sorry o.
ResidentSnitch:

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Romanoff(f): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2022
Burgerlomo:
But I thought Kwara and Kogi are northern States nau because ayam not understanding, I don't get it and I don't wanna forget it grin

They are geographically placed in the north but Kwara is predominantly yoruba speaking and the Okun (Kabba) people of Kogi are Yorubas.

19 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by blamingthedevil: 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2022
Burgerlomo:

Being in the North does not mean they are not Yoruba States. It is just colonialism and States creation that put them there. Ethnicity is different from Geography. What about the Yorubas in Brazil, Togo and Benin Republic

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by OBALOLA55(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
REMOVE KWARA STATE FROM YOUR LIST PLEASE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by damiloladuke: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good one
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by 9gerian: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
I think they are in the middle-belt or more recently north-central.

Burgerlomo:
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by OBALOLA55(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:
OP remove Edo.

WHICH KWARA STATE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT undecided

NOR LET FULANI SEE THIS RUBBISH WEY YOU DEY TYPE HERE

THEBOSSTREVOR1 OVER TO YOU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
sammirano:
Yoruba is the major tribe, and language of Nigeria. Also the most popular.
Even most Igbos speak Yoruba. Yoruba should be the official second language of Nigeria.

Waka...Onikure...Iya'e...Baba'e...Iyalaye'e
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by OBALOLA55(m): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
Osagyefo98:

Don't say such. Everyone and everybody is important to oodua be it in her republic or Nigeria.

You can use because of sentiments and throw away the beautiful bride.

They are as Important as other states mentioned.

You might see their importance tomorrow when the need arises.
KWARA STATE WEY YOUR GAMBARI FOREFATHERS FIGHT FOR NA WETIN DEM WAN USE STYLE ANNEX YOU DEY HERE DEY TALK ABOUT EDO WEY NOR CONCERN YOU

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by niggadee(m): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:
OP remove Edo.

that tiny edo with 18 local govt

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Historically, yoruba gave them king from ile ife.

oluwaahmed:

Palace language yoruba? Be like u sniff gutter this morning. Beni that is the oldest monarchy/empire in Nigeria is from yoruba and will be speaking yoruba? You for say make igbo collect Delta, Rivers and Benue because half of them speak Igbo language and answer igbo names nau. Oponu

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by OBALOLA55(m): 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
blamingthedevil:

Fulanis in Kwara are not more than 10%
THEBOSSTREVOR1 LOVENORTH ARREWA NORTHURMATE
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by KarlWest(m): 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Burgerlomo:

Change your name to OZUlomo and make use of the Romance Section more, that seems to be your calling.

Kwara State has 80% Yoruba people and few minorities groups whom will prefer to be associated with Yoruba than FULANi, while the remaining are Hausa, Fulani and the Nyamiri from the East.

Kwara only part of Northern region due to Geo-political zone for administration conveniences by the military regime.

Kwara is part of the Western Region untill 1966 Igbo Military Coup.

Also, part of Kogi belongs to Kwara untill 1990s.

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:

This is why below!

The Yorubas in those two states have consistently demanded to be part of the SW. They are Yoruba first, Yoruba second, & Yoruba last.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-in-kwara-kogi-demand-merger-with-south-west/

You want to stylishly annex Kwara and Kogi when igbos talk about indigenous igbos in Benue, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Kogi you now scream that we are forcing people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by BJanta: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
LegendHero:
OP remove Edo.

Are you blind , is Edo there?
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Kwara1stson: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2022
iyapont:
Your opinion sir, to me they are not undecided kiss
who cares about your opinion?
Re: Yoruba Language: South-West, Kogi, Kwara Commissioners Meet March 3 by Athemisia: 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
joyandfaith:

Edo and delta should be there
Any reason for that?

BTW, where are you guys going with this??
Because if ibo do na Dem go say Dem start their Biafra. But Yoruba dey codedly dey form oduduwa republic nobody dey talk ooh...

Well Sha.... We know them, as always Yoruba na all bark and no bite..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Got My First Carryover, Please Help I’m Dying / Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) / Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro ( DSPZ) Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.