Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court (13119 Views)

Police CSP Defies Governor Sanwo-Olu's Order To Vacate Magodo Estate (Video) / Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu Visits Magodo Estate. / Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by HonNL: 8:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
UPDATE ON SETTLEMENT OF SUPREME COURT JUDGEMENT ON SHANGISHA/MAGODO

Following the intervention of Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, officials of the State Government and representatives of the Shangisha Landlords Association (the judgment creditors) held a series of meetings at which both parties explored the possibility of complying with the judgment of the Supreme Court.

At the said meetings two issues arose:

· There was a serious division among the judgment creditors as to who controlled or had the right to represent the Association; and

· the demand by the judgment creditors that a single global Certificate of Occupancy should be issued in the name of the Association as opposed to the position of the State Government that each of the 549 members of the Association would be given allotment letters individually.

Given the sharp divide between the two factions of the judgment creditors on who has authority to represent the Association and the disagreement regarding whom the Certificate of Occupancy should be issued (collectively or individually), the State Government has approached the Supreme Court to seek further directives and clarifications on both issues. The Judgment Creditors have been served with the application.

The State Government, however, wishes to reiterate its commitment to complying with the judgment of the Supreme Court once these two issues are resolved.

Gbenga Omotoso
Honourable Commissioner for Information & Strategy

SOURCE

3 Likes

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by donpapa(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
shocked
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by clockwisereport: 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2022
We shall see the outcome

1 Like

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by chatinent: 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
Anticipating

1 Like

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by NOwazobia: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
H
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by FreeStuffsNG: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2022
I stand with the Sangisha Landlords cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by chrisifeanyi: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ndi iwe
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
Observing...
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by NokiaN8(m): 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
Lagos state government should not increase the suffering of the masses, This case is every one is entitled to fundamental human rights, Government should stop oppression,

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Perfecttouchade: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by tino22(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ok. Continue
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Kingpele(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
Today former governor was buried, this should teach us that life is too easy to lose at anytime, we are today dragging one thing and tomorrow we
could die living it behind. i heard my dad and uncle this afternoon at the office today,discussing about lands cases their father won ,but my grandpa is dead since 1993 ,I was just wondering of what use is all this fighting for earthly possession when u will still die and won't have any use for them,I realised that the best way to live is to serve God ,work hard and smart to become great in life and be contented with what u got and be grateful for life and blessings of God and live today as if is your last day

21 Likes

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Lisaint(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
Greeed don set in
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Elidrisy20: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kingpele:
Today former governor was buried
Dem no dey reason that one

1 Like

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Michaelbjune(m): 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2022
so what is the meaning of this news
bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard bastard

anyway there's no time to check time 8:56

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Dialpad: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good news !!!
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by imohimoh12: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
I thought they moved the aggrieved party to Badagry , that should work with some compensation....
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by manontree: 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Baseless lies. Seek the other side of the story

1 Like

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by SHOPPERS(m): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Land cases no dey ever finish.
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by iswallker(m): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Govt returning to Supreme Court to determine who should represent the assoc - delay tactise is what the govt is doin - comply with the judgment - issue out the said number of plots in the said area

Issue out c of o"s to individual plots - must thr Supreme Court clarify that - when the same court told you the no of plots to issue out

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Modecaih: 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
whatever happens in shangisha stays in magodo,,,,I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Frosheer(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
cool
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by zoedew: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2022
The Lawyer leading that team of Lawyers should get a profoundly serious reprimand from the Supreme Court to teach Nigerian Lawyers to not file frivolous Suits. To imagine that the winning litigants have been deprived the fruit of their judgment. It is wicked.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Gkay1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Let wait and see what will happen next
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Sharatan(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
This land has been there since the beginning. It is here now and will be there after our bones must have turned to dust. So what's all the fuss about.

Sometimes when I see people die cause of land disputes I thank God for my mindset.
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by joyandfaith: 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2022
HonNL:
UPDATE ON SETTLEMENT OF SUPREME COURT JUDGEMENT ON SHANGISHA/MAGODO

SOURCE

I think the value of a plot of land in maggodo should be determined and each creditor should be given money in lieu of land.

1 Like

Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by Akinsete19(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2022
Delaying tactics
Re: Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court by naija4life247: 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I stand with the Sangisha Landlords cool

If you like stand under the bridge

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants / Sani Abacha - 15 Years After / PDP Members In Isoko Vow To Support APC Candidate Instead Of Pdps Leo Ogor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.