Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,295 members, 7,815,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (22057 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Why Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Christ? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by lastchild: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
It therefore means it was impossible for all of them to resist the temptation since it was already cast in stone that one of the 12 disciples will betray Jesus...
Yes.

Yes, somebody had to play that role from that 12.

Jesus focus was to come, die and save man. The actors in the journey were the available ones, not predestined.

for example... the soldiers that would flog him were the available ones,not predestined. the king that would sentence him was the available king, not predestined

When pontius pilate asked Jesus, are you king of the Jews?.. We were taught in theology school that the reason Jesus christ kept quite was because he knew that pontius pilate was looking for a way to save him. Meanwhile it was appointed time to die.

in conclusion, people that will go to heaven or hell are not predestined. It is where you make yourself available to go
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by credon: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

We all know the story of how Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus:
For instance in Luke 22:4-6

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5, Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Did Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus or help him Fulfill the Scripture??

The betrayal fulfilled the prediction of scripture
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by ednut1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
Femi8586:

All these wannabe atheist sef cheesy
Always trying to discredit other people's beliefs but want people to embrace theirs cos they think they are wiser.

Anyways, Jesus loves you. Give your life of him. Peace.
wannabe atheist In 2006 where you on Nairaland religion section when i was running things with my first account See small pikin like this one
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
nathdim:
did jesus wrote the bible
Please give that phone to your father, where did I mention that Jesus wrote Bible nor mention anyone writing Bible on my comments. Don't just sneaks your father's phone and start typing nonsense if you can't argue constructively and comprehensively
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by irestitablehuma(m): 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
Someone should please help me with little amount to buy food eat am hungry the hunger is unbearable any more life of a student is really tough and if you have any manual job too for me I ll appreciate please help me thanks and God bless 066 Seventy 96 036 Joseph Gtb
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by patrickmuf(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
lastchild:
Yes.

Yes, somebody had to play that role from that 12.

Jesus focus was to come, die and save man. The actors in the journey were the available ones, not predestined.

for example... the soldiers that would flog him were the available ones,not predestined. the king that would sentence him was the available king, not predestined

When pontius pilate asked Jesus, are you king of the Jews?.. We were taught in theology school that the reason Jesus christ kept quite was because he knew that pontius pilate was looking for a way to save him. Meanwhile it was appointed time to die.

in conclusion, people that will go to heaven or hell are not predestined. It is where you make yourself available to go
Do you believe that line in the Bible where God said he knows our end from our very beginning?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Germanjoe(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
The Pharisees has plans to catch Jesus but they noticed that it will cos problem cos Jesus has many folks following him,so they try to use sumone close to him to do that,u still know wen they came to catch him any of his disciples was not available.but the ones dat are around try to stop them,but He resisted them,so Judas repented but fail to forgive himself He could have continue his life,
Dat y u should always try to forgive urself..
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Gatekeepers: 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
He did both. In Math 26:24, it says "The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born".

Judas was unwittingly fulfilling a prophecy about how Jesus will die. Judas was just after the money, his mind was that Jesus would still do miracle afterwards and disappear from the Roman soldiers.

Judas later rejected the money, and killed himself, because what he expected was not what eventually happened to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by lastchild: 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
Do you believe that line in the Bible where God said he knows our end from our very beginning?
yes, but he didn't choose it.

for example, i teach in a school, anytime i give them class work, i already know who would carry last, but I didn't decide it.

God knows our ending which is an outcome of our choice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Femi8586(m): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
ednut1:
wannabe atheist In 2006 where you on Nairaland religion section when i was running things with my first account See small pikin like this one

I have no business with whatever you were running then with your first account.

All I know is "JESUS LOVES YOU" whether you believe it or not
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by membranus: 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Oyiboman69:
It doesn't make it less a betrayal as we're all responsible for our actions whether predestined..

Yes. Because there was nowhere in the old testament where the betrayer was actually signified to be Judas. It could have been any of the twelve disciples, but he made himself available to be used by Satan because of greed.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by SlamvipeR(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
Yes. He betrayed Jesus to fulfill the scripture. U dig
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Musttypossible: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
Make una free the innocent Judas abeg, some of una here don do worst than Judas, E go make sence if them call am saint Judas.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by a2d3rew(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jesus say: for I must die just as was prophesied, but woe to the man by whom I am betrayed,far better for that one if he had never been
born,
Summary; Juda is a love of money and tru him Satan use to betrayed Jesus, is not help of fulfillment but most happened among them, he that allow his self to Satan to be use at tools.

Sorry I no go to school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by patrickmuf(m): 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
lastchild:
yes, but he didn't choose it.

for example, i teach in a school, anytime i give them class work, i already know who would carry last, but I didn't decide it.

God knows our ending which is an outcome of our choice
Your analogy doesn't apply in this case because you already know the brain capacity of your student hence you can easily say who will pass or not...At birth, it's not possible for your to predict which path a child will follow however, God already knows...You knew Hitler will cause the death of millions of people from birth and even made a Priest save a frowning Hitler in his younger days...I don't think it's sensible for anyone to say Hitler is a bad person because his creator already knew his end from the beginning...

We are only acting a script...We don't have the power of CHOICE...

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by phemmyfour: 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5, Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

It is both
Same is said concerning Pharaoh who was wicked and God also hardened his heart to fulfill the scripture

Peter also couldn't resist denying Jesus.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Mubiola360: 12:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:

The word He accepted "wholeheartedly" made me think of this chapter Mathew 26:39.
New International Version
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

I also learnt from this chapter that Jesus prayed just like Muslims do(face to the ground)
He Jesus who is a God also prayed to another God prostrating
He also can't do anything alone in his own will but submitted everything to the will of the other God (father)
He came to die for sins but in this chapter prayed against it to happen .
Does this mean that God(father) didn't answer his prayer by letting it happen.

I'm sick and confused, please I need clarity
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by MrDebonair: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
Judas was a follower of Christ. He was used by satan to betray Jesus and in the process his act fulfilled the scripture. Judas carried out the will of Satan.

Christians are also expected to be followers of Christ. Most Christians have betrayed Jesus in many ways through their sinful acts. In the process, carrying out the will of Satan.

Summary, The moment you are not doing the will of Christ as a Christian, then you must be doing the will of satan just like Judas. Betrayal can take different forms.

My 2cents.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Echo50(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
He betrayed Jesus. Without him, some other person would have fulfil that purpose. He made himself available for the devil to use him. I have decided not to fall victim of Judas Iscariot sin by not going to God for forgiveness after I have wronged God. I will always go to God for mercy not minding the rate of the crime.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by lomprico(m): 12:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
The prophecy had to be fulfilled by someone with such nature.

Yes he betrayed Jesus.

....to fulfill the prophesy.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
The scripture would have still been fulfilled regardless.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by staaari: 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
No Jesus without Judas.
Both are equally important to each other and joined together forever.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by excanny: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jesus was a criminal charged with treason who the Romans used Judas as a spy to track and execute.

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP, Judas was a naturally greedy and money concious individual. Such persons easily betray others! Forget prophecy matter.

If Judas was naturally greedy, when Jesus was gathering 12 disciples, instinct didn't tell him not to call a greedy man abi? With his supernatural power, he didn't know Judas will turn greedy.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by inforesource: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
From the Judas point of view he betrayed Jesus, but from the Jesus point of view, Judas betrayal helped fulfill Jesus destiny.

Lesson to learn, when you think you have succeeded pulling one down, remember that you may be helping him or her to fulfill destiny. You can see these trends throughout the scripture. That is how life is.

FamilyAdviser:

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by miketayo(m): 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
According to their Bible, Jesus came to die. Judas helped him fulfill this. And he became condemned.

Even the Bible became confused as to how Judas died!

Judas is supposed to be celebrated since good Friday is good and not bad!

Even if Judas never existed Jesus would still be crucified, but Judas let the devil use him to betray Jesus
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by ednut1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
Femi8586:

I have no business with whatever you were running then with your first account.

All I know is "JESUS LOVES YOU" whether you believe it or not
obatala loves you too

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by miketayo(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Seeeker:

If Judas was naturally greedy, when Jesus was gathering 12 disciples, instinct didn't tell him not to call a greedy man abi? With his supernatural power, he didn't know Judas will turn greedy.

Asides judas the remain 11 weren't saints either. Even Peter denied him 3ce before morning. Jesus dined with sinners , he didn't come for d righteous but for sinners. With or without judas Jesus would still have been crucified
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
The difference is that while I say Wilson should not be handed the keys based on his person, I can not say 100% that he will scatter the vehicle if he is allowed to ride..However, in the case of Judas, it was certain 100% that the prophecy must be fulfilled.

Same thing! In this world there would always be a certain "Wilson" who is going to scatter a person's car. For in this world we have 2 groups of people, the wise and the foolish. And 98% of the population are foolish Wilson/Judas.

Therefore, some Wilson/Judas must crash!

patrickmuf:

What do you make of make of that portion of the Bible that says God knows our end from the very beginning?

Simply a case of you know the end is that a Wilson must crash or he may drive carefully.

The 2 ends, you yourself even know. But which end shall be, it is up to Wilson to be it.

That's how it is.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2022
Techguy96:

Why we come down from heaven in the first place, to do what here

1) Because, na so your Creator want am, exactly as na so you choose to bring down your phone and car without their permission.

2) Make you self Kon see wetin dey did World and decide how you yourself go play for here.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Techguy96:

So ur point is that evil is not evil

In God's Hands.

Any unlawful use of evil, is evil.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Newton2024: 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
[s]
AntiChristian:
According to their Bible, Jesus came to die. Judas helped him fulfill this. And he became condemned.

Even the Bible became confused as to how Judas died!

Judas is supposed to be celebrated since good Friday is good and not bad!
[/s] You are the only one that is confused here not anything else. Nobody condemned Judas except he himself. He helped fulfilled prophecy which is a good thing to Jesus but didn't wait to receive his reward like Peter did. Judas' problem was ignorance in hastiness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's 73rd Birthday Pictures / A Deeper Life Woman End Up In Hell For Using A Rubber Thread / Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.