Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? (22092 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Why Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Christ? / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Newton2024: 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
It was a betrayal!
In reality Judas Iscariot only wanted to rob the Pharisees by presenting Jesus whom he knew could appear and disappear at will to them. Luke 4:30; John 10:39
His love for money {John 12:6} beclouded his power of reasoning {Hebrews 13:6 compare to 1Timothy 6:9-10} so that he forgot everything the prophets said about Jesus regarding this betrayal! Zechariah 11:13

LESSON LEARNED
Even if you're conscientious the love of money may becloud your senses into doing what you will regret and the money gotten no matter the amount may not be able to save you.

May you have PEACE! smiley
omenkaLives, helius, femi adesina, etc needs to read this comment.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by NairaFeast(f): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
Whazar:
Abeg clear me

We came from heaven to bring heaven down here to earth. To bring the kingdom of GOd down here to earth not what religion is telling us
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Bluebrain101: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
Try and restructure your topic. It is "Judas betrayed Jesus to fulfill the scripture" not "Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture".

That was his inevitable destiny but it was not God's plan for him to commit suicide because God has already lifted the curse of the law and His love is so big that and even if Judas genuinely asked for forgiveness God would have forgiven him.
There are a lot of fulfilled prophecies in the scripture. When they broke Jesus's legs after His crucifixion, they fulfilled the part that said His bones won't be broken.

It wouldn't be a logical argument to say they chose not to break His legs or Did they fulfill the scriptures
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Joeyfizzo: 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
It was planned by God....Judas is in heaven as we speak
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Memeni(m): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
According to their Bible, Jesus came to die. Judas helped him fulfill this. And he became condemned.

Even the Bible became confused as to how Judas died!

Judas is supposed to be celebrated since good Friday is good and not bad!

Better repent and give ur life to Christ Jesus now to avoid "had i known". "Do not be decieved,God is not mocked..what ever a man soweth he shall surely reap" says the Bible. Whether you're a heathen, atheist, Muslim, Christian, slave, free, Buddha, rich, poor, black or white we shall all stand in judgement and to be judged by Christ Jesus on the last day either to eternal life or eternal condemnation.

It's is for your own good that you accept Christ Jesus now why it's still time for today is the day of salvation. No one knows tomorrow.. tomorrow might be too late. Don't die without having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus. It doesn't matter what you say or who you are..it doesn't change him from being God. There's no excuse whether you're an atheist, Muslim, Buddha or any of those things "Man you've no excuse" says the Bible.

For Jesus said "I'm the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me". No one..I repeat no one can come to the father except through Christ Jesus. "Only a fool will say that there's no God" says the Bible

The question is..are u a fool?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by CharLilo(m): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
In whatever way you see it, it was destined to happen, even Christ mentioned that “cursed is the man to whom the son of man shall be betrayed, it would be better...” The betrayal wasn’t the main issue, I feel the main issue was him not been able to live with the guilt. Let me digress a little, Imagine if after Peter denied Jesus he went to kill himself. What would you say then? Bottom line is everything was done for the scriptures and plan of God to be fulfilled. HAPPY EASTER
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Memeni(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
a2d3rew:
Jesus say: for I must die just as was prophesied, but woe to the man by whom I am betrayed,far better for that one if he had never been
born,
Summary; Juda is a love of money and tru him Satan use to betrayed Jesus, is not help of fulfillment but most happened among them, he that allow his self to Satan to be use at tools.

Sorry I no go to school.

You're correct my brother. It doesn't matter your level of education once you believe in Christ Jesus you're a new creature. The bible said "one would betray him". It didn't say" Judas will betray Christ Jesus". It could have been anyone... Judas allowed the devil to use him..it was his personal choice to betray Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Thelife: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

The confusion about Judas death , the leading character in the whole story, is foundation of the Islamic disputation of the belief.
1. Died by hanging or
2. by falling down from Mountain and his intestine gushed out?

Islam itself is confuse about the incident, that's why your allah cooked up alot of lies just to marge the incident.

There is no where in the Bible that says that "he fell from the mountain and his intestine gushed out"

Or you think we are talking about your allah that's so confuse to the extent of him not knowing if he should lie that the incident was an illusion or rather Jesus look alike was used as replacement cheesy cheesy
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by VULCAN(m): 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
So much confusion permeating your post.

Where does one even start from!

MyVILLAGEpeople:

But if he didn’t betray Jesus, the scriptures wouldn’t be fulfilled. So someone must betray him so the scriptures will be fulfilled.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by TheGreatIYANU: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
Whazar:
Abeg clear me

Who says you 'came down from Heaven'?

Gen. 2:7
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Gkemz: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Both
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by feedthenation(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
---Jesus Christ would have been arrested, judged and crucified---even without Judas Iscariot betrayal---he only facilitated the process because---he wasn't happy that the Kingdom of God preached by Jesus is not of this world---

---As a Jewish zealot---Judas Iscariot Is not happy about the Romans occupying the Palestine region in the 1st century---and like any other Jews, he is expecting the physical kingdom of God on earth---that will liberate the Jews---

---Also he didn't know that the outcome of Jesus arrest would lead to his crucifixion hours later---which happened within 24 hours--
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Ayodinifyz(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
Even peter despite the warning of Jesus that he will deny him 3 times before the hen crew still did. Thank God for the holy spirit, we just pray and hope to do the will of God
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Shyboyk(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP, Judas was a naturally greedy and money concious individual. Such persons easily betray others! Forget prophecy matter.

Exactly

Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by greatefa1011(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Who can not prophecy that a person who drives at the average speed of 180kph from Abuja to Lagos, will have an accident?

And it is the driver who is blamed for overspeeding and wreck-full driving.

A prophecy tells what shall happen in the future.

So, Judas was very stupid full to allow himself to be used by Satan (same thing he did to Eve, in using her to destroy the man Adam) to betray The Lord, Th6 Lord Himself. E no Fear even after seeing all the The Lord hath done and Said!

keep quiet you aren't God.its the destiny of Judah to fulfil the purpose of God.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
greatefa1011:

keep quiet you aren't God.its the destiny of Judah to fulfil the purpose of God.

grin Hahaha grin what you lie to yourself every year rather than see The Truth.

Of course God's Word Always comes to pass, even as you see the Blasphemers today fulfilling The Same Words that came from God by their own choice and volition.

Yet, you refuse to see that Judas did it on his own volition and choice.
Well it's your right to lie to yourself!
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by ALFADOS(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

But if he didn’t betray Jesus, the scriptures wouldn’t be fulfilled. So someone must betray him so the scriptures will be fulfilled.
who is Jesus and who procrastinate the scriptures to be fulfilled by judas before?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Jodera: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
patrickmuf:
Your analogy doesn't apply in this case because you already know the brain capacity of your student hence you can easily say who will pass or not...At birth, it's not possible for your to predict which path a child will follow however, God already knows...You knew Hitler will cause the death of millions of people from birth and even made a Priest save a frowning Hitler in his younger days...I don't think it's sensible for anyone to say Hitler is a bad person because his creator already knew his end from the beginning...

We are only acting a script...We don't have the power of CHOICE...
Nahh, we have the power of choice else we won't be punished for something we have no control over

When God says he knows our beginning from our ending, it means he has the plans already mapped out for us to follow to become the great person he wants us to be. BUT IT'S OUR CHOICE TO CHOOSE WHETHER WE FOLLOW THE PATH OR NOT.

Joseph for example was destined to be a ruler that will save his parents and brothers from famine in years to come. God have already mapped out his plan but if Joseph had fallen into the seduction of Potiphar's wife do you think he would have been the great man God destined him to be?

That's how it is with Judas. He followed the wrong path and set himself up for devil to use him. That the event was pre-determined doesn't mean he doesn't he didn't set himself as the agent with his choice
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by ALFADOS(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
Memeni:

Better repent and give ur life to Christ Jesus now to avoid "had i known". "Do not be decieved,God is not mocked..what ever a man soweth he shall surely reap" says the Bible. Whether you're a heathen, atheist, Muslim, Christian, slave, free, Buddha, rich, poor, black or white we shall all stand in judgement and to be judged by Christ Jesus on the last day either to eternal life or eternal condemnation.

It's is for your own good that you accept Christ Jesus now why it's still time for today is the day of salvation. No one knows tomorrow.. tomorrow might be too late. Don't die without having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus. It doesn't matter what you say or who you are..it doesn't change him from being God. There's no excuse whether you're an atheist, Muslim, Buddha or any of those things "Man you've no excuse" says the Bible.

For Jesus said "I'm the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me". No one..I repeat no one can come to the father except through Christ Jesus. "Only a fool will say that there's no God" says the Bible

The question is..are u a fool?
We would be judge by Christ Jesus and Jesus said no one comes to the father except through me. who is Jesus and who is father, please answer yourself and stop deceiving yourself here
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
The scripture must be fulfilled. According to the scriptures, Jesus already knew someone (Judas) will betray him.

So Judas fulfilled the scripture by betraying Jesus.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
AntiChristian:
According to their Bible, Jesus came to die. Judas helped him fulfill this. And he became condemned.

Even the Bible became confused as to how Judas died!

Judas is supposed to be celebrated since good Friday is good and not bad!

The same way Safiyyah bint Huyayy should be celebrated for sending Muhammad to his grave for the atrocities he committed against Christians and Jews living in Mecca right before he was born
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Advancedman(m): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

We all know the story of how Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus:
For instance in Luke 22:4-6

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5, Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Did Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus or help him Fulfill the Scripture??

He fulfilled the scripture by betraying Jesus but his sin and condemnation is in his core as a person else he couldn't ask for forgiveness, he would have been a hero, same happened to Peter but he remembered the word of Jesus and repented now he is the one Jesus ask to feed his sheep.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by musty2245: 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Y must u be the only one to allow evil prophecy to fulfill on your head?
If e lyk make e be Moses, John, Samuel, mustapha na him betray am, the op will still ask the question he his asking, so just answer the question the op is asking
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by judedwriter(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
It was destined that Jesus Christ will come and save the world, one of the stringent policy attached to his coming was his death which he accepted wholeheartedly when every other Angels declined.

We all know the story of how Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus:
For instance in Luke 22:4-6

4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money.(G) 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

In Matthew 27:3-5, Judas tells the chief priests and elders, "'I have sinned,' he said, 'for I have betrayed innocent blood. ... ' So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.

Did Judas Iscariot Betrayed Jesus or help him Fulfill the Scripture??

Judas betrayed Jesus. He chose to do so and God respects our choices though He knows the outcome of all things.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Vicmareal: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
Intention:
He didnt set out to help Jesus Christ, his intent was absolutely personal

Just as pharaoh didnt set out to help neither moses nor the Israelis, his intent, like Judas, was personal.

one's intent plays a significant role in Judgement.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by sonmvayina(m): 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
credon:

The betrayal fulfilled the prediction of scripture

Which scriptures ?

I have searched and don't find it....

There is no where in the Scriptures where it says God will send a saviour, God is the saviour ..Isaiah 43:11
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by sonmvayina(m): 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

1) Because, na so your Creator want am, exactly as na so you choose to bring down your phone and car without their permission.

2) Make you self Kon see wetin dey did World and decide how you yourself go play for here.

Can you please show me where In the Jewish scriptures?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by brightalo1010: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Who can not prophecy that a person who drives at the average speed of 180kph from Abuja to Lagos, will have an accident?

And it is the driver who is blamed for overspeeding and wreck-full driving.

A prophecy tells what shall happen in the future.

So, Judas was very stupid full to allow himself to be used by Satan (same thing he did to Eve, in using her to destroy the man Adam) to betray The Lord, Th6 Lord Himself. E no Fear even after seeing all the The Lord hath done and Said!

By the way why did what Eve affected other ladies?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by brightalo1010: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
Vinnie2000:
OP, Judas was a naturally greedy and money concious individual. Such persons easily betray others! Forget prophecy matter.
why should we forget the prophecy matter?
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by Femi8586(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
ednut1:
obatala loves you too

Whatever
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by gaskiyamagana: 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thelife:

Islam itself is confuse about the incident, that's why your allah cooked up alot of lies just to marge the incident.

There is no where in the Bible that says that "he fell from the mountain and his intestine gushed out"

Or you think we are talking about your allah that's so confuse to the extent of him not knowing if he should lie that the incident was an illusion or rather Jesus look alike was used as replacement cheesy cheesy
Notice:
The response below by olawonder is my answer .
When I bring it out and your faith about the biblical lies still remain will not surprise me as Christianity is religion of lies for the gullible.
Re: Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? by olawonder(m): 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Matthew 27:5 says Judas threw the money back at them and went to hang himself on a tree

Acts 1:18 says he bought a field with the money, and as he was planning what to farm he suddenly fell and exploded with all his guys bursting out!

Question: which is true and correct?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.