Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet (22122 Views)

Christian Astrophysicst Discovers New Planet Size Of 7 Earths Using Kepler' Data / How My Leg Got Caught By A Trap But Only My Footwear Sustained Injuries / A Man Of God Caught Trying To Bury Charms Before Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 7:42am On Dec 02, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2015
Here are some excerpts from the article:

Scientists have witnessed an unprecedented space miracle: They saw a new planet being born right before their eyes. The phenomenon, which even scientists had never seen before, has been recorded and shared online.
A juvenile planet formed around a young star named LkCa 15 in the neighborhood of Taurus, some 450 light years from Earth.

“This is the first time that we’ve imaged a planet that we can say is still forming,” said Stephanie Sallum, a University of Arizona graduate student who worked on the research.

Scientists, who were actually working separately at first, suspected that this particular galaxy might have an embryonic planet while doing previous research. Both Sallum and her colleague, Kate Follette, focused on LkCa15. However, the sensation here is not so much the new planet itself, but the process of its formation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Khd95(m): 7:51am On Dec 02, 2015
D title is misleading
''God caught...''sounds absurd

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by johnydon22(m): 7:51am On Dec 02, 2015
Planetary formation was a huge leap in space observation because it confirmed our thesis on that subject..

Just like stars are results of the action of Gravity on matter (nebula), Planets are the same action of Gravity on star debris.. remnants or shed offs of a star during formation comes under the action of gravity and comes together to form a spinning ball of hot matter.

The complexity, orbital tendencies, formation of new stars, galaxies, planets are all possible due to gravity..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by johnydon22(m): 7:53am On Dec 02, 2015
Khd95:
D title is misleading

Who knows God here according to plaetton might be referring to gravity.

Some might bolt in here expecting to see some humanoid talking to himself and planets pop out from no where in a second..

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:
Who knows God here according to plaetton might be referring to gravity.

Some might bolt in here expecting to see some humanoid talking to himself and planets pop out from no where in a second..

Lol.

No further comments for now.
wink
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2015
Khd95:
D title is misleading

OK.
"God seen..." Sounds better.
Right?
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by malvisguy212: 8:27am On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:
OK. "God seen..." Sounds better. Right?
will you dump your atheism and believe in this god?
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
will you dump your atheism and believe in this god?

Lol.
grin

No comments at this time.

But let me ask;
Why would you or I need to BELIEVE IN something, if that something is already evident?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by CoolUsername: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2015
I guess this disproves several creation myths. Although I don't really see many religious folks admitting that; they'll probably fend it off with their cognitive dissonance and verbal gymnastics.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by malvisguy212: 8:47am On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
grin

No comments at this time.

But let me ask;
Why would you or I need to BELIEVE IN something, if that something is already evident?
I already believe in God, I do not need any dramatic sign, you on the other hand need sign. I do not even believe the story in the op because God is a spirit,God exist beyond the limits of the universe in order to have created it. The laws of physics tell us that we cannot make measurements beyond the limits of this universe.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by johnydon22(m): 8:50am On Dec 02, 2015
Chai bruuuuh grin grin comedy starts..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by johnydon22(m): 8:55am On Dec 02, 2015
CoolUsername:
I guess this disproves several creation myths. Although I don't really see many religious folks admitting that; they'll probably fend it off with their cognitive dissonance and verbal gymnastics.

Scientific discoveries and facts destroys Every myth and religious dogmas about the universe.

They can only come here to tell you they don't believe scientific findings that it is the devils work.

People with brains down writing scientific findings in order to up hold by faith sheepishly primitive superstition and myths..

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Scholar8200(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2015
plaetton:
Here are some excerpts from the article:

Scientists have witnessed an unprecedented space miracle: They saw a new planet being born right before their eyes. The phenomenon, which even scientists had never seen before, has been recorded and shared online.
A juvenile planet formed around a young star named LkCa 15 in the neighborhood of Taurus, some 450 light years from Earth.

“This is the first time that we’ve imaged a planet that we can say is still forming,” said Stephanie Sallum, a University of Arizona graduate student who worked on the research.

Scientists, who were actually working separately at first, suspected that this particular galaxy might have an embryonic planet while doing previous research. Both Sallum and her colleague, Kate Follette, focused on LkCa15. However, the sensation here is not so much the new planet itself, but the process of its formation.
Nice discovery!
However, it raises questions which I hope the experts in these very technical areas will be able to shed light on.
1. Since all other planets were formed by the same action of gravity on star debris, how come only one perfectly supports life?
2. As a result of (1), were all the 9 planets formed simultaneously or one after the other?
3. If consecutively, which came first and which was last?
4. For those who are knowledgeable in Big Bang, did that process bring about the solar system too or was it extant at the time when Big Bang occured?
5. If the Solar system existed before Big Bang, then how correct will it be to say planets are formed from star debris?
6. If the Solar system was a creation of the Big Bang then what informs the formation of more stars sans another Big bang?
7. Did the Big Bang produce only Earth or the other Planets too?
8. What births a Planet, Big Bangs or Gravity's activity on star debris?

Looking forward to answers.

P.S. As much as possible, use layman's terms.
johnydon22:
Planetary formation was a huge leap in space observation because it confirmed our thesis on that subject..
Just like stars are results of the action of Gravity on matter (nebula), Planets are the same action of Gravity on star debris.. remnants or shed offs of a star during formation comes under the action of gravity and comes together to form a spinning ball of hot matter.
The complexity, orbital tendencies, formation of new stars, galaxies, planets are all possible due to gravity..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by flamingREED(m): 10:23am On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Scientific discoveries and facts destroys Every myth and religious dogmas about the universe.

They can only come here to tell you they don't believe scientific findings that it is the devils work.

People with brains down writing scientific findings in order to up hold by faith sheepishly primitive superstition and myths..
The mistake scientists make is to think that they only make discoveries, and that their discoveries mean there's no God. I have felt God's presence, His literal peace and Spirit's operation which are my own discoveries, which reinforce my belief in God. This is also in spite of what atheists think. They think we're lying, but we know our discoveries are true. More so, our spiritual experiences being overwhelmingly delightsome than physical cum technological benefits, we accept and pursue a hope of A BETTER COUNTRY. Eg, on a certain day I laid down on the floor, and as most men, facing up. Then suddenly, I was filled with a sensation which itself was an absence of sensations -of pain, of heat, of whatever pressures of any degrees in any part of me -bone, tissue, cells, organs, systems and psychology. That peace I can't describe, for the tongue of flesh and brain of mortal literacy fail me to frame it's excellency. I was certain I felt heaven's atmosphere while I laid me down. It granted me absolute tranquility; I felt so free yet full; so healed, yet in a body; so pure, yet in a corrupt world. It so medicined me to such state and rapture that no clinician can restore the most verdant of men. My man, stop doubting, and never think your human thoughts would suffice to alienate us from Jehovah. Impossible. And to the skeptic I say, it's better to come to terms with God and explore His grace in order to be on the better side and avoid cases that touch on the last day. God loves, lives, heals and helps. And to destroy His faith, no man can. His church will ever stand. 'tis written by His finger. Heaven is His, so is wisdom and power, and the glory of asphyxiating innovations. Amen. His Spirit teach the minds of the sons of men even when they perceive it not.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by flamingREED(m): 10:23am On Dec 02, 2015
johnydon22:

The mistake scientists make is to think that they only make discoveries, and that their discoveries mean there's no God. I have felt God's presence, His literal peace and Spirit's operation which are my own discoveries, which reinforce my belief in God. This is also in spite of what atheists think. They think we're lying, but we know our discoveries are true. More so, our spiritual experiences being overwhelmingly delightsome than physical cum technological benefits, we accept and pursue a hope of A BETTER COUNTRY. Eg, on a certain day I laid down on the floor, and as most men, facing up. Then suddenly, I was filled with a sensation which itself was an absence of sensations -of pain, of heat, of whatever pressures of any degrees in any part of me -bone, tissue, cells, organs, systems and psychology. That peace I can't describe, for the tongue of flesh and brain of mortal literacy fail me to frame it's excellency. I was certain I felt heaven's atmosphere while I laid me down. It granted me absolute tranquility; I felt so free yet full; so healed, yet in a body; so pure, yet in a corrupt world. It so medicined me to such state and rapture that no clinician can restore the most verdant of men. My man, stop doubting, and never think your human thoughts would suffice to alienate us from Jehovah. Impossible. And to the skeptic I say, it's better to come to terms with God and explore His grace in order to be on the better side and avoid cases that touch on the last day. God loves, lives, heals and helps. And to destroy His faith, no man can. His church will ever stand. 'tis written by His finger. Heaven is His, so is wisdom and power, and the glory of asphyxiating innovations. Amen. His Spirit teach the minds of the sons of men even when they perceive it not.
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 02, 2015
We see these things due to advance technology and yet we believe a god created them? Christian delusion is a person choice from now on.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2015
@ plaetton : I was ashamed when I read the article went back and saw it was you who created the topic sad . I dont know where to start in expressing my disappointment

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by johnydon22(m): 10:30am On Dec 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Nice discovery!
However, it raises questions which I hope the experts in these very technical areas will be able to shed light on.

Even though i was almost blown off my seat by the stack naivete your questions betrayed i won't mind answering them because i believe no question is dumb, can be bluntly naive but not dumb.

But after this i will like to beg you to pay more minds to scientific materials other than always going over religious books..

1. Since all other planets were formed by the same action of gravity on star debris, how come only one perfectly supports life?

This is the first naive question.. There are thousands of planets out there orbitting the habitable zone of their host stars just like the earth.

according to our own Earth Similarity index there are thousands of them that are like earth out there the closest we know for now being kepler 438b..

88% earth's similarity according to earth's scale and with time the certainty of finding even more planets more conducive for life is undeniable..

so please earth is not the only planet that can support life or is even likely to be the only, there are countless numbers of planets in the observable universe.. the only problem is that man lacks the technology it takes to travel such distances.

Nearest star system to ours Alpha centauri A is 4light years away.. I hope you know what 1 light year is..

2. As a result of (1), were all the 9 planets formed simultaneously or one after the other?

Lol.. planets can form simultaneously or one after the other.. . Newest observations of planetary formations has 3 proto-planets in formation process..

The much i know most planets in the solar system have relative age suggesting the formation process were simultaneous or close enough.. 4.5± billion in scientific rendering..

4. For those who are knowledgeable in Big Bang, did that process bring about the solar system too or was it extant at the time when Big Bang occured?

Lmao this is the most funny, even though am not a Big bang theorist .. i see the need to answer this to clear the naive impression.

Big Bang according to scientific postulations brought about subatomic and atomic particles which are fundamentals of matter.

so yes our solar system is a young system compared to the age of the universe and i thought it should be an elementary knowledge that Solar systems, galaxies, planets, nebulas, blackholes... are all products of matter ..

so yes scientifically Big bang brought out the solar system not the other way round

5. If the Solar system existed before Big Bang, then how correct will it be to say planets are formed from star debris?

hahahahaha am sorry for laughing at this bro but i cant help it.. anyway am sure i have answered you above..

i suggest you pick up basic science materials, you can start from the science section.... Cus this?... Don't really know what to say..

6. If the Solar system was a creation of the Big Bang then what informs the formation of more stars sans another Big bang?

I think you think Big bang means the formation of a solar system.. (this is why i am insisting you start picking up simple science text books)

According to the scientific postulations Big Bang brought about expansion of space/time and ultimately atomic and subatomic particles.

Space/time ..Matter (this includes Galaxies, stars, nebula, planets, asteroids ...etc)

#sighs should i repeat myself over planetary formations

To be honest bro these questions i expect only from primary school students not adults..

one do not really need to believe scientific postulations in order to study, it is understandable that you place your beliefs first but i think you should have studied these things at least for knowing sake because i am awed at these questions.

but like i said, no question is dumb only naive or misplaced..

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:30am On Dec 02, 2015
1feness:
We see these things due to advance technology and yet we believe a god created them? Christian delusion is a person choice from now on.

I thought there were really dumb comments here but then you showed up . You never disappoint smiley

1 Like

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34am On Dec 02, 2015
@johnydon22

Most of your answers are wrong grin . Please tell me this is a joke
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 02, 2015
flamingREED:

Their discoveries and other discoveries have taken the creation of the universe medal from your god. Everything people claimed god did are now openly exposed not to be so. Your euphoric feeling could be a sign of hard drugs or false scene of hope. Imagine the feeling you derive from being mistakenly proclaim the winner of a £500million lotto. You will feel on top of the world for at least a short period of time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I thought there were really dumb comments here but then you showed up . You never disappoint smiley

Don't forget you have failed to give evidence of the existence of your god the other day. You simply took off. It does seem you are always happy to see me. I can be a great mentor of yours.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by johnydon22(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
@johnydon22

Most of your answers are wrong grin . Please tell me this is a joke
Be my guest.. Point them out

2 Likes

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2015
1feness:

Your euphoric feeling could be a sign of hard drugs or false scene of hope.

[size=20pt]IDIOTIC COMMENT[/size]
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 10:39am On Dec 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Nice discovery!

My dear friend,
Thank you for asking, in humility, about things that you obviously do not understand.

It is greatly encouraged that everyone seek answers to vexing questions.

From your questions, I can see that you are misinformed about issues of celestial mechanics.
Again, I do not blame nor will I mock you for that.

Let me do my best to answer and correct some of your erroneous assumptions.

1. There are estimated to be around 100 billion Galaxies in the universe.

Our star is in the Milky Way Galaxy system. The Milky Way Galaxy system has about 100 billion stars.

Our star( solar system) is just one of the 100 billion stars in our Milky Way Galaxy system.

We have 9 planets in our solar system. Now assuming this number as a standard, then,

9 planets x 100 billion stars x 100 billion galaxies = the estimated number of planets in the universe.

Now, pls tell me, how did you arrive at your statement that there is only one planet with life ?

2. Different planets, different stars, different galaxies are born and die at different times.

3. We cannot know unless we scientifically examine them one after the other.

4. Lol.
The Big Bang led to the formation of the universe, as energy dispersed rapidly throughout space , cooled, condensed and formed the particles of matter.

5. Lol
Our solar system didn't exist before the Big Bang.
The Big Bang was the beginning , or the inflection point for all processes in the universe.

6. If you understand that solar system was the beginning of the processes, then the fact that stars are still hot and in motion simply means that processes set in motion by the Big Bang continue unabated.

7. Lol.
If you have understood all 6 answers so far, then the no. 7 is unnecessary.

8. Again, In light of information provided thus far, no 8 is unnecessary.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:41am On Dec 02, 2015
1feness:

Don't forget you have failed to give evidence of the existence of your god the other day. You simply took off. It does seem you are always happy to see me. I can be a great mentor of yours.

Please if I should you explain to this pillock what being a historical figure means then he deserves to be flogged .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Please if I should you explain to this pillock what being a historical figure means then he deserves to be flogged .

Stop getting hyper! Proving the existence of your god should be an easy task

4 Likes

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by plaetton: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Kingebukasblog, I think you should change your moniker to King'sjester-ebuka.

Seriously

5 Likes

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by dorox(m): 10:58am On Dec 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Nice discovery!

I am not an expert in astronomy but here is my layman take on your questions.
1. One just "happen" to form at a distance from the sun that is conducive to life. This habitable zone that is neither too hot nor too cold for life to exist is commonly refered to as the Goldilocks zone.
A little experiment for you. Hold let say five small stones of various weight in your hand, and throw them as far as possible.
Now check if they all land on one spot. If they don't, can you postulate a hypothesis that explains the order in which they land from you?
2. The process of planetary formation started at the same time and ended when there was too few left over material in the gravitational field of each planet.
3. The process of planetary formation is not a sequential process that must wait for one to finish before the next one can start.
4. The big bang gave birth to all of the matter and energy in the universe, so it is obvious that it came before stars and planets formation.
5. The solar system did not exist before the big bang. Same goes for all other stellar system in the universe.
6. The big bang created matter and energy, and this matter and energy keeps rearranging itself to form new stars and planetary system from the death of old ones.
7. It produced everthing in the universe.
8. Think of it this way. The big bang gave birth to the substance that planets are made of, while gravity is a force that acted on these substance to form big round planets.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by sukkot: 11:07am On Dec 02, 2015
i suppose you think God is a human with flesh who just speaks and things come into being. just as underneath this flesh we are electromagnetic beings, God is an all encompassing electromagnetic force without a flesh. so yes he created that planet in the taurus constellation but you couldnt see him operating with the naked eyes. but the point is that there is a celestial reason why that planet was created for all to see in the taurus constellation. beneath what you see on the physical, there is a spiritual reason. as above so below. the reason being that a dimension shift is coming on earth. a paradigm shift where the first will be last and the last will be first. the bullied will turn into the bully and the bully into the bullied. taurus the bull wink
Re: Look! God Caught By A Telescope Creating A New Planet by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2015
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha... Crazy platteon, crazy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / Guru Maharaj Ji Calls For Prosecution Of Sheikh Gumi For Negotiating With Bandit / 5 Things That God's Anointing Cannot Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.