Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc (19456 Views)

Best State For Prospective Corp Member To Serve In Nigeria / Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by hayohdele(m): 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Increase your prayer temperature �
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by dexterbam(m): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
[quote author=FuckDModz post=110410745]You better work it back to a progressive state/city if you don't want to die or stagnate.

A word is enough for the wise... [/Says who have you visited the state once
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by alabi484(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

what are the things i need to know

Congratulations and welcome to the home of peace and tourism.

If you're person who like to adapt to situations, you'll be fine.

The cold is gradually waning out, from end of this month, it'll be a bit stuffy till rain comes, so you're good.

The people are friendly, transportation and food are not expensive.

If you like a cool, stress free life, plateau is for you but don't think you'll get a job here o, if you can start a business you'll do very fine.

I served in mangu in 2017, been staying in Jos ever since.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by asanausana91: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

are you a man or woman
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by asanausana91: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
FuckDModz:
You better work it back to a progressive state/city if you don't want to die or stagnate.

A word is enough for the wise...
can you mention the so called progressive state?
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Uniqueaccountant(m): 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Chat Me on Whatsapp I served there ...quote me your digits
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by hilltop007(m): 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
Originalsly:

That's a winter jacket. Does it snow there?... if not a winter jacket is wayyyy too much. Note... the jacket has a hood .... to trap heat. Hoodies have various thickness... some are lined with fleece for colder conditions. If not warm enough then a light jacket can be worn over the hoodie.
Bros, I have been in Plateau State for 10 months now. Normal hoodie can't hold the extreme cold here, especially December/January. If you love pneumonia, you can come with only hoody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by alabi484(m): 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2022
OMEGA009:
Travel light and buy your stuff from “Terminus” market. The residents are extremely nice, receptive and love their booze. Choose your residence carefully and stay around people who practice your faith as religious riots are rife in some areas. Just carry plenty condom full body cos sex there is cheap but HIV is cheaper.

Na why you wan enter inside pvssy? grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by valETA1(m): 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
My brother, U are on ur way to Mangu camp. My advice is, pls... Plan for pull over. Don't stress urself looking for the kind of pull over to carry, as u may not see the one suitable for Plateau weather in your state. Just carry money, depart home earlier than camp resumption date, so u can stop by Jos Market, It's only there u will get the right pull over, the plateau type. grin . Just deal with the weather everything is in place. Meanwhile Congratulations ! U've been given one of the cheapest and Cool place to be in the country in terms of Cost and standard of living.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Dangotey: 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
On the Plateau, Jos north, Anfaraa, angwa rogo, eto baba, bauchi road, shem shak. These places reminds me of the dark days of my NYSC days... Jos city is divided along ethnic and religious sentiments. So Thread softly and be wise
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by yemzone(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
ModelLook:
I got posted to Kebbi during my NYSC in 2017.

I base in Lagos.

I didn't go atall.

Glory to God.

My name came out again after 3 Months.

This time, I was posted to Ogun State.

I am a true testimony of the saying "What God can not do, does not exist". Believe me.

Did your name come out without redoing all previous registration?
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Originalsly: 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
hilltop007:

Bros, I have been in Plateau State for 10 months now. Normal hoodie can't hold the extreme cold here, especially December/January. If you love pneumonia, you can come with only hoody.

Hoodie should be like a must... then layer on top if need be. Thermal tops should also be a must... the first layer ... is that popular there? ... what the temperature be like now... and like two weeks ago?
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by valETA1(m): 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
Dreytonisback:
You already know what you need to know

If you know what's good for you , use money to push yourself outta that place and be relocated to a safer state if you don't have a problem with long life

Even naija politicians won't send their kids to plateau

Lights up my kpoli in peace

Bro, why the discouragement ?
Let me say this, I was handed one of the best opportunity and privileged to relocate back to South, Port Harcourt to be precise in 2019, but I was just tired of the South. So, I choosed to stay in Plateau; Mangu to be precise, nothing happened to me.

I think it's about exploration and self discovery, we ought not to remain in our comfort zones everytime, if not for covid-19 which altered my plans, I would have achieved a lot in that State, I saw opportunities I wanted grabbing, while waiting for my service year to run out.

I never knew I'll return from service back to South under very strict lock down. I was one of the few pple who paid more than 45k on tfair back home from Plateau, from the initial 9.5k/10k it used to be.

I'll also tell u some of the Politician's children u mentioned, will still grab an opportunity to get lost from their comfort, I saw some.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by seyz91(m): 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
Gbamsolute!

That's all to know and nothing else

chatinent:
NYSC is trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by seyz91(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
Better go tear that your nysc cloth and find something better to do with your life

Firstly the nysc scheme na scam

Secondly dem just post you go where bandit, and iswap and religious crisis shits happen

Thirdly you just won go waste your life for onw useless one year program that all one year money combined as ransom not enouh and can not rescue you from bandit after being kidnapped
SalisuJasper:

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by yemi1504: 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
LordIsaac:

It is a civil-service state. Finish and go back o.... except you want to do businesses like selling goods. There's a strong indigene/ settler dichotomy therein.

Exactly! If you are posted to a reputable company like Grand Cereal or NASCO, just know you will be rejected as far as you are not an indigene.

Also, the harmattan's cold in the morning is probably the coldest you will ever experience so go with thick sweaters.

Also, because of the crisis that comes up from time to time in Jos, don't ever think of settling there as your safety matters most no matter how nice the people are and some of them are indeed nice!

Also, if you are not a rough guy, ladies in that state and Benue no go look your side, na their betting rough guys and Keke Napep guys, den dey mostly face. But if you are in Jos and konji hold you, West of Mines is the answer to it.

My 2 cents.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by yemi1504: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Barryseal:
You will enjoy Mangu camp. The rest of your experience in the state will be stale.
That's all I can tell you.

Mangu camp is on point and the camp food is reasonably good. But the cold in the morning especially at 4 or 5, when you can be called out by the beagle, no be here. Get prepared for it!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by yemi1504: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
Kingpele:
When u get there you will know ,experience is the best teacher, but apart from bandits in the north, jos people are very hospitable, gentle and humble

True that! They are more accommodating than even my tribe. But the crisis they keep having and the herdsmen and bandits problems have really messed up the state.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by yemi1504: 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
Analyst7:
Pack condoms

That is if he is a rough guy! Rough guy na their spec for that state and Benue state. I don yarn my own.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by yemi1504: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
Adeyeye09:
Na only camp u i do there and i must say that mangu camp is one of the best you can hope for in Nigeria. After camp i dunno anything else because i redeployed.
Also prepare for the early morning cold....e mad gan. We were purchasing hot water back then. Enjoy

I was bathing then with the cold water but towards, the end, I started buying hot water too for my health's sake as the cold in Mangu camp mad gan. Op should better be praying they don't call them out many times around 4 or 5 in the morning with the beagle as they did in our time.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Lotiababe(f): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
Welcome to the state am presently serving. You will enjoy the camp most. Mangu camp is one of the best camp in Nigeria.Don't let anyone deceive you. Be active in camp. If you aren't redeploying. Be security conscious as you might not know or understand the language. Come with plenty thick clothes as someone has said,you are coming to our "Europe" in Nigeria. Food is cheap. Come with money to flex too. You will really enjoy it. And always shine your eyes. Welcome to Plateau state.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Lotiababe(f): 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
They are still doing that oo. Was in camp last November,the cold is not from Nigeria. Do buy hot water,but before taking it to the hostel,the hot water is now warm. Waking up 3am to avoid "double up"

I was bathing then with the cold water but towards, the end, I started buying hot water too for my health's sake as the cold in Mangu camp mad gan. Op should better be praying they don't call them out many times around 4 or 5 in the morning with the beagle as they did in our time.[/quote]
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Lotiababe(f): 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
West of mines is for the tough ones. Thats where am staying tho. But go home as early as 6pm
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Drone95(m): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
kinzation:
I was posted to ilu awon Osu grin
To do what my friend? grin
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Drone95(m): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Lotiababe:
Welcome to the state am presently serving. You will enjoy the camp most. Mangu camp is one of the best camp in Nigeria.Don't let anyone deceive you. Be active in camp. If you aren't redeploying. Be security conscious as you might not know or understand the language. Come with plenty thick clothes as someone has said,you are coming to our "Europe" in Nigeria. Food is cheap. Come with money to flex too. You will really enjoy it. And always shine your eyes. Welcome to Plateau state.
which mumu one of the best? The parade ground poor cos during parade its always dusty! No stadium , cold everywhere, the state poor as well, accommodation self na issue
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Emaprince: 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Agboconsult1:

are u sure u served in Jos and are u still in Jos?.....dont deceive the corper, OP Jos South is more conducive to stay than Jos North.
I left there exactly on the day we passed out. Took night bus straight to my papa house. The crisis there is a no no for me. I am not deceiving him. I spoke out of experience. However, I dont know how it is now.

Jos South ko...jos South ni..
Jos north is the town in plateau. Unless jos South have been developed.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Dimma360: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
1 Nice weather was cold January but getting hotter this days nevertheless get your jackets the weather changes at will
2 Nice foods,cheap food come enjoy Irish/sweet potatoes,cabbage,lettuce, tomatoes and all fresh stuffs Jos is blessed Agri wise
3 Nice women and marriageable materials too
You can as well come prepared to meet your missing rib
4 While in Jos be security conciouse if you happen to be posted to Jos north LGA then you are on a long thing,the environs is state capital and always tensed security wise Go to where you know or follow who know road
5 No jobs don't come expecting to get a high paying job, come have your experience and enjoy your stay and leave
I welcome you to Jos
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Agboconsult1(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Emaprince:
I left there exactly on the day we passed out. Took night bus straight to my papa house. The crisis there is a no no for me. I am not deceiving him. I spoke out of experience. However, I dont know how it is now.

Jos South ko...jos South ni..
Jos north is the town in plateau. Unless jos South have been developed.

we no argue which of them is the town. what am trying to say is that jos south is safer than jos north. meanwhile, jos south is the capital jos north.
what year did u serve in jos?
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by waa01: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Die
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by achimendy(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
My first advice for you is to carry thick jacket, like the one they use in russia, or else u go hear am. Secondly plateau is a civil servant state with little or no private org, and dey focus on their indigenes alone when it comes to job opportunity . Thirdly they're good in farming, so you can do business if you're interested in selling farm produce. Lastly plateau people are good people, so live peacefully with them and make enquiry before renting an apartment cos some places are prone to their religious crisis. That's where i served in 2017 , so take my advice.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by pharmaking: 5:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ultimately brother, pray that everywhere you go from now, favour of God follows you.That is key.Do not panic.I got posted in 2006 and I came with a positive mindset.I was posted but rejected several times.You cannot take that one away from here.I will not forget that part where i went to a school requesting to teach their kids chemistry for free and the principal said i was a fake corper.I have never been humiliated like that since i was born.Heaven later smiled on me and I got another offer to teach at Airforce Girls.I had a nice experience there.I did not touch their Girls o.
Fast forward, today, I have finally settled here in Jos, got a job with a new generation bank, married with kids etc etc.All the places I trecked on foot, I am cruising my ride on those roads now.
Always pray for favour, that is all I can lend you.
My name is Joseph and the prophecy attached to that name always follow me.
Once again congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Ahdunns(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
chatinent:
NYSC is trash.
seconded

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nipr, Professional Exam/certificate In Public Relations / Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC / 2015 Nysc Batch B Pop: My Experiences, Photos As I Pass Out Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.