Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc (19454 Views)

Best State For Prospective Corp Member To Serve In Nigeria / Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by deewhydoski(m): 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

what are the things i need to know
I stay in Jos.
Just come with 2 or 3 jackets, thick socks and blanket.
Are u a Christian or Muslim?
I can help u to runs ur ppa to jos town
If u are interested call me on zero seven zero one nine four five zero four five four. It doesn't come free
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by deewhydoski(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
leisuretym:
You must be extremely careful in terms of security , they can just block road and start killing people
Lol
You people won't stop amazing me, if that it is I for don die since. If there is no crisis nothing dey happen, everybody will move and work happily. But if there is crisis u have to stay in door
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by NOBLE179(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:
Please can someone give me tips, i have just been posted to plateau state for my nysc.

welcome to mangu camp. mangu camp is nice.
you need to buy sweater, and also prepare to buy hot water for bath. as of 2018, a bucket of hot water was #50.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by DAMILAREY85: 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
Barryseal:
You will enjoy Mangu camp. The rest of your experience in the state will be stale.
That's all I can tell you.

My MANGU GUY.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by PrettyOmanyo(f): 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Congratulations Stay Safe and Enjoy ur service year.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Bbdiyya: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Meninmen:
1. Be prepared for serious cold! If you are not prepared, you may want to run back to your state because of cold. Take thick clothings with you.

2. As for the occasional crisis, just be vigilant. Live in the Christian dominated area and you have nothing to worry about.

3. It's a lovely state. You will enjoy your stay!

Look at this religious bigot, did the Op stated his religion on his post? Capital no, you people are the problem of this country.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Baba40(f): 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
I served in CAST, kurgwi, Quan pan lga...
A very nice place to be and their people are friendly with everything including the minority muslims and very few bororo idol worshippers...

Prepare to get thick gadigans cos Mangu morning cold is like they open freezer on once head and the sun can be very scorching
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
Learn how to drive keke for now
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Bbdiyya:

Look at this religious bigot, did the Op stated his religion on his post? Capital no, you people are the problem of this country.

Look at this dumb fool! You should have asked why I said OP should stay in a Christian dominated area irrespective of OP's religion.

OP has been posted to Jos. Let's assume he is a Muslim. But he is most likely not a northern Muslim. If he lives in a Muslim dominated area in Jos and crisis begins, he is not safe because he would look like a stranger amongst them even though he is a Muslim. There have been incidence of Muslims killing other fellow Muslims amongst them thinking they are Christians. They don't even regard Muslims that are not Hausa/Fulani as true Muslims.

But if OP stays in a Christian dominated area, he is safe. Crisis hardly begins in Christian dominated areas. Even if it does, it's usually a response to killings by Muslims.

As a Muslim from southern Nigeria and you go to the North, it is safer to be in Christian dominated areas than an area dominated by Northern Muslims.

Ode!!!
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by kinzation(m): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
Drone95:
To do what my friend? grin

I want to goan "bo" card
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Bbdiyya: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
Meninmen:

Look at this dumb fool! You should have asked why I said OP should stay in a Christian dominated area irrespective of OP's religion.

OP has been posted to Jos. Let's assume he is a Muslim. But he is most likely not a northern Muslim. If he lives in a Muslim dominated area in Jos and crisis begins, he is not safe because he would look like a stranger amongst them even though he is a Muslim. There have been incidence of Muslims killing other fellow Muslims amongst them thinking they are Christians. They don't even regard Muslims that are not Hausa/Fulani as true Muslims.

But if OP stays in a Christian dominated area, he is safe. Crisis hardly begins in Christian dominated areas. Even if it does, it's usually a response to killings by Muslims.

As a Muslim from southern Nigeria and you go to the North, it is safer to be in Christian dominated areas than an area dominated by Northern Muslims.

Ode!!!
All this your explanation doesn't hold water, what is the essence of being Muslim without practicing it? in as much as he practice his religion, definitely he must intermingle with his fellow worshipers. Stop being brain washed by the media portrayal of Muslims as initiators of violence all the time.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by jmkl(m): 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's a nice place to be
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Popularity(m): 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Know that you are not safe
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by virginchaser(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
I served in Jos same year with one of Nigerian president son. It's the state top politicians kids do their NYSC. Do not underestimate the cold. Soldiers have alleged to have died on parade at Rukuba garage. Jos NCCF Jos is an interesting family house.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Chubbyflaiva(m): 1:14am On Feb 22, 2022
angry It's one of the best states you can be posted to. Just make sure you bring along warm wear. Don't worry about the backward northerners you hear about that are causing trouble up and dan this country, they are a minority in this state. Everything else is flexing, Irish Potato chips and an affordable lifestyle.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Chubbyflaiva(m): 1:19am On Feb 22, 2022
Bbdiyya:

All this your explanation doesn't hold water, what is the essence of being Muslim without practicing it? in as much as he practice his religion, definitely he must intermingle with his fellow worshipers. Stop being brain washed by the media portrayal of Muslims as initiators of violence all the time.
but unfortunately, in Plateau, it is the fact. All crises in the state is started by Muslim extremist, who believe everyone else in the the state should be subject to them and their beliefs. grin
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Nobody: 3:35am On Feb 22, 2022
Bbdiyya:

No need arguing with you. If you are Muslim from the South, when you go to the North, live in an area populated by Northern Muslims. When crisis starts, na your body to tell you!

Ode!
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Englishisamust: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2022
pegix:
no be jamb go give u admission

Be wise
Pick up that jamb form. Again...prepare your ass off
Weigh ur chances based and catchment and places the geopolitical zone u from

Good news cominh soon fella!

Can I get ur number how can I go about this??. I just graduated last year
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Bbdiyya: 11:36am On Feb 22, 2022
Chubbyflaiva:
but unfortunately, in Plateau, it is the fact. All crises in the state is started by Muslim extremist, who believe everyone else in the the state should be subject to them and their beliefs. grin
Bro you knew nothing concerning Plateau crisis. In the 90's I was once a victim of the senseless crisis our school was raze down three of our teachers were gruesomely killed.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Veeryeasy(m): 7:52am On Feb 23, 2022
What i think you should do is go there
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Samseen(m): 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Please, does anyone know if there's direct bus to plateau from lagos?
If yes, where in Lagos please?
Although I know its best to go by air these times
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Osombo: 2:26am On Feb 24, 2022
Go to Ijora/Jibowu use Bonnyway Transport
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by oluwafeolami(m): 7:29am On Feb 24, 2022
24brains:
Jeez... Goodness me!!! You mean plateau of jos? The headquater of fulani massacre!!! You succeeded in escaping school hardship and economical drought. but as if thats not enough for buhari, he wants to finish our able bodied youths by posting them to war zones in the guise of "youth service!!!"

Seriously u typed all these? So na buhari dey post corpers now abi? 24brains indeed!!!

Anyways I served in plateau, Shendam local govt in 2016. Platueau is good and you will enjoy it, don’t mind this prophet of doom
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by oluwafeolami(m): 7:33am On Feb 24, 2022
Baba40:
I served in CAST, kurgwi, Quan pan lga...
A very nice place to be and their people are friendly with everything including the minority muslims and very few bororo idol worshippers...

Prepare to get thick gadigans cos Mangu morning cold is like they open freezer on once head and the sun can be very scorching

Yo fam, I served in Shendam, I used to pass through quanpan anytime I’m going to Nasarawa or Abuja. I miss that place, it’s been 5 years now, how time flies
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by 24brains(m): 8:00am On Feb 24, 2022
oluwafeolami:

Seriously u typed all these? So na buhari dey post corpers now abi? 24brains indeed!!!

Anyways I served in plateau, Shendam local govt in 2016. Platueau is good and you will enjoy it, don’t mind this prophet of doom
you want to compare 2016 to this present day nigeria of 2022, where terrorism, banditry, kidnapings, ritualism & tribalism is the order of the day?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by oluwafeolami(m): 9:46am On Feb 24, 2022
24brains:
you want to compare 2016 to this present day nigeria of 2022, where terrorism, banditry, kidnapings, ritualism & tribalism is the order of the day?

He will be fine, atleast people live there and are doing fine. I have friends who stayed back and still doing great til now, God will watch over him there too.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by 24brains(m): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2022
oluwafeolami:

He will be fine, atleast people live there and are doing fine. I have friends who stayed back and still doing great til now, God will watch over him there too.
AMEN ooo. he(GOD) has given his angels charge over us to bear us up in their arms.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by MufasaLion: 11:07am On Feb 26, 2022
Yuneehk:
Hehehehe.
Mangu is pretty cold. Depending on your threshold for cold, please carry winter jackets, not even sweaters. They're different.
Winter jackets.
Hand gloves(very thick).
Socks, thick types.
And head warmers.

I had 4winter jackets and 7sweaters, no jokes and still fell sick at certain times. And while you're in camp, pray you aren't sent to Pankshin. The harmattan periods there is the most terrible in the whole state.

Since this is February, the cold won't be much until November. If you like cold regions, then you'll enjoy there.

I'd really like to visit Jos someday. The insecurity in that region is of concern, though.
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Yuneehk(f): 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
MufasaLion:

I'd really like to visit Jos someday. The insecurity in that region is of concern, though.
The insecurities are more in other local governments. The state capital is still fair. I stand to be corrected, though.

And you should visit around the harmattan season so you can have a feel of what the weather is like in the abroad grin grin
Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by MufasaLion: 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2022
Yuneehk:

The insecurities are more in other local governments. The state capital is still fair. I stand to be corrected, though.

And you should visit around the harmattan season so you can have a feel of what the weather is like in the abroad grin grin

Lol

I ain't interested. No place is safe in this country anymore.

I could remember growing up, Jos was among the best places you could visit. Although, I never had the chance but was hoping to, when I become adult. Unfortunately, the insurgency is a big discouragement now.

And yes, you are right about the weather in Jos.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Posted To Plateau State For My Nysc by Yohans(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2022
Englishisamust:

Can I get ur number how can I go about this??. I just graduated last year
Go and do jamb regularization and you admitted by your school and jamb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nipr, Professional Exam/certificate In Public Relations / Date Of Birth Issue When Registering For NYSC / 2015 Nysc Batch B Pop: My Experiences, Photos As I Pass Out Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.