Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Share Your Worst Banking Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Banking Experience (12976 Views)

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? / Access Bank Partners With Microsoft To Upgrade Security & Banking Experience For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 8:54am On Feb 21, 2022
1 UBA
Lost my ATM card in 2006, had to pay 520 naira for withdrawal slip each time. As a student o. Imagine I had to close the account and port to GTB

2 FIRST BANK
Tried to open account, this people even requested for birth certificate, baptismal certificate etc I pick race comot banking hall

3 ACCESS BANK
Hmm, lost my phone. Trying to link mobile app to new device. Mogbe! No OTP. Back and forth banking hall, emails, twitter dragging for 3 months. I just deleted them.

4 KUDA BANK

FEAR ONLINE BANKS O! It's sweet at early stage until you have an issue and there is no physical office to lay your complaint. Na so my 20k trap for the account. I cannot withdraw, they don't answer emails, their phone number doesn't connect.
Does anyone know how to contact CBN so I can petition?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 9:27am On Feb 21, 2022
illicit:
I once recharged on an atm and didn't get the airtime till date

Access Bank ATM Tanke junction Ilorin

https://www.nairaland.com/6996196/giveaway-2-winners-10-each#110407262

Nigerian banks are crooks
All of them

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Aidejay(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2022
Walked Over 2km To Get To An ATM. When I Tried To Withdraw Money I Discovered Bank Had Removed Some As Charges. So The 1k I Was Hoping To Withdraw Had Become 500 Naira And The ATM Wasn't Dispensing N500. So I Had To Walk Back Home. Hungry & Depressed.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by drmuchin: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2022
Aidejay:
Walked Over 2km To Get To An ATM. When I Tried To Withdraw Money I Discovered Bank Had Removed Some As Charges. So The 1k I Was Hoping To Withdraw Had Become 500 Naira And The ATM Wasn't Dispensing N500. So I Had To Walk Back Home. Hungry & Depressed.

Kpele o

During my NYSC, my roommate enter bike to Ikot Ekpene on credit to go withdraw from ATM. Visited 5 banks no network, racked up 1k bike fare.
Omo my guy turn beggar o, he even had to squat somewhere for the night
Very unpalatable experience

47 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Benki003(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2022
Fcmb

Deposited a huge sum of money in my fcmb account, turned out it's one of the biggest I have ever put, and it was totally the whole money on me, not knowing these slowpoke blocked my account for no good reason,

Went to buy some stuff turned out I couldn't withdraw or even transfer and funny enough I had not even 10 naira on me, it was annoying considering the amount I have in the account and not being able to use it angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by BlackXabbath(m): 10:05am On Feb 21, 2022
Aidejay:

Have experienced something similar, is not funny atall.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Danmboss(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2022
Benki003:
Fcmb

Deposited a huge sum of money in my fcmb account, turned out it's one of the biggest I have ever put, and it was totally the whole money on me, not knowing these slowpoke blocked my account for no good reason,

Went to buy some stuff turned out I couldn't withdraw or even transfer and funny enough I had not even 10 naira on me, it was annoying considering the amount I have in the account and not being able to use it angry angry
Were you able to resolve the matter?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Danny50: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Space booked
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by bigdammyj: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Reading...
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by salbis(m): 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Never had one.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by BRATISLAVA: 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hot, humid, smelly bank and a transaction that exceeded a week.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:
1 UBA
Lost my ATM card in 2006, had to pay 520 naira for withdrawal slip each time. As a student o. Imagine I had to close the account and port to GTB

2 FIRST BANK
Tried to open account, this people even requested for birth certificate, baptismal certificate etc I pick race comot banking hall

3 ACCESS BANK
Hmm, lost my phone. Trying to link mobile app to new device. Mogbe! No OTP. Back and forth banking hall, emails, twitter dragging for 3 months. I just deleted them.

4 KUDA BANK

FEAR ONLINE BANKS O! It's sweet at early stage until you have an issue and there is no physical office to lay your complaint. Na so my 20k trap for the account. I cannot withdraw, they don't answer emails, their phone number doesn't connect.

"Nigerian banks are the main contributors and supporters of corruption in Nigeria, they approach politcians to keep salaries and pensions in their banks on a fix deposit and tell the politcians they will be paid a certain agreed percentage during maturity while the workers languish in poverty for not being paid as when due...

Nigerian banks will make you regret keeping your money with them after charging you unnecessarily with the full support of that useless financial regulator called the CBN...

Known corrupt leaders keep their loots with these evil banks for safe keeps without questioning, but the banks go after young enterprenuer doing well in their respective fields...

I can go on and on...

A hacker once told me if they can hack US banks and move funds out that Nigerian banks have the least security in world and it's just a matter of time they focus on hacking Nigerian banks solely because billions of stolen loots are kept there". Village People Spokesperson

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
My younger sister is down with APPENDICITIS that is about to Burst and could result in death. Hospital has refused to attend to her until a deposit of 30k is paid. Pls, we are orphans and have nobody. Pls help i beg of you

SIX-THREE-ONE-TWO-FOUR-FIVE-FIVE-SIX-NINE-SIX

Fidelity Bank

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by GIANTPLUSHUB: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Lol
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Dottore: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
UBA Mobile app is the worst app out there. Don't ever have it as your only banking app.
To log in is a big problem. You will keep receiving 'timeout' error
messages. To transfer is a bigger problem.
Other banking apps especially FCMB work even at tiny Internet signal but UBA doesn't unless you are standing next to a 4G tower or inside mtn office. Whoever made the app for them is an amateur.

It will frustrate you in urgent situations. Be warned.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Ekakamba: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
drmuchin:
1 UBA

2 FIRST BANK

3 ACCESS BANK

4 KUDA BANK

I have the same issue with Ask-Sex bang. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by tiswell(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nigerian banks are useless...all of them sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by excomarow(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
I Uses artificial tooth and it got broken on Monday and my babe was to come on Wednesday. See drama. I booked an AP with the dentist n schedule for Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday night, I went to ATM to withdraw ooo after all the pressing my ATM card came out instead. The next thing was the sound it makes when dispensing, omo nothing came out and was debited 15K. And that is the amount for the replacement of the tooth

Wednesday morning, I rush go bank, at first is the Que, which lasted 45mins. Finally in the bank hall, One staff attending to 50 people and above. She is slow and her colleagues where distracting her too.

After 1hr 50mins the next thing we heard was no network. Waited for 40min still no network, then I left. After an hour plus I came back waited for almost two hours, it was my turn. After all the complain the lady was like "we've taken your complain and it will take 10-14 working days before the money could be reversed, Omo I weak an na 5k come remain for account. And I can't see my babe with my wide open teeth. I rescheduled the AP with the babe

Omo I hate banks ehn

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by jamexborn(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
Accessbank staff who did my bvn enrollment back then used his name as middle name, and was claiming he registered what I fill on d form, omo d day I found out like this after the werey dig out my form to proof me wrong....I caused nuisance for that branch that year after weeks of back and forth....change am for Manager

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by Emmy3(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
FCMB
Acc#: 6379796011

There was a failed transaction for about $36 in August/September 2021 that I was debited.
It was a payment for a domain hosting for a client I needed to deliver her work urgently. This was the only means to pay because of $100 monthly limits on cards.
I called, called and wrote several emails to the bank but to no avail to revert the said amount.

Then I waited patiently and took a loan of about 36k from the bank with no repayment intent because of the inconveniences they caused me.

Later in October I changed my mind to repay only to get a message that additional 6k was added from a system error.

Na so I take give up on the account and bank.
Till today they even haven't rectified the errors or reverted the said amount.
Right now; I no longer use Nigeria banks.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by infogenius(m): 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
Zenith Bank - Abule Ado Branch.
Stopped over one day to complete the opening of an account.
The customer service was very poor. The staff very callous and rude.
Due to that experience, I used the account to serve the purpose it was opened for and dumped it.
I don't even know the account number again and unfortunately I saved in a phone I stopped using late last year. This means I don't have access to the account number anymore. I don't even need it sef
Anything Zenith just pisses me off because of that experience.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Space for sale
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by SmartGadgetz: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nissan Primera 2000 2.0 Grey
Clean and lovely car for transportation, no issues at all. The engine is TOP notch, Buy and drive. Ikotun.
Quote me, Call or WhatsApp the number on my profile.
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by iamyemiakins(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nigerian banks can stress somebody ehn!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Naa person wey get bank account dey worry
Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by NaughtyBrainiac: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Most Nigerians don't know that Banking Services is one of the few things "working well" in Nigeria.

It is a big deal for us to have our Banking services this good despite the poor state of the Nation.

Inter-Bank transfers failure rate is now very low and resolution is within one business day in most cases.

The issue of inappropriate charges is a fallacy

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by havenz(m): 1:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
No pray to get bank wahala, especially first bank and eco bank including access thief bank. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Banking Experience by richmanrichard: 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
Benki003:
Fcmb

story of useless n criminal banks cannot be complete without Fellowship Or Comrades Of Mumu Banks(FCMB) featuring.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Raises MPR To 13% From 11.5% / Beware Chibuzor Eze Back With A New Site Again / Massive Fire At Dosunmu Street Market On Lagos Island.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.